• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C3CC

Smash Lord
I LOVE the blue coloration!! It looks so bright and much more saturated than Melee's! I see myself maining that alt, along with the black and white one.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Quite a day, huh? So happy I get Mewtwo, and my most missed Brawl vet. Little disappointed Mewtwo still had his Melee moveset, but he look stronger than before. Very glad they actually used "Mewtwo Strikes Back".

Now to go spam that poll with K. Rool votes.
It certainly was a great day to be a smash fan, thats for sure!

I'll spam Lyndis Faster

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
This is starting to look like an excellent month for me. I get to play as Mewtwo, I find out that Lucas is coming back, the new Mortal Kombat comes out this month, and lastly Cinder is coming back to Killer Instinct. I couldn't ask for anything better. The only way to top all of this off is if I win the freaking lottery this month!

D

Deleted member

I really hope that Disable's range and daze time was buffed (or there is a better custom), since I've always wanted that move to be good. And that shadow Mewtwo color is the only Mewtwo for me unless we get a Mew color! And finally, I expect my fellow Club Nintwobros to get the combo hype train going on the 15th with me, especially to see if we maintain our Uair and Fair strings alongside Mewtwo's great grab game.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
Lemme just say guys, that my hype levels have gone to Jupiter.
Mewtwo looks awesome and it really looks like they got rid of most of the problems Mewtwo had in Melee. (Confusion not reflecting properly, etc.)
His voice seems to be his feral one from Origins, which I'm sure they chose as a compromise between Femtwo and Maletwo.
(I'm kinda bummed that this probably means he won't have spoken victory poses, but you know, can't get everything.)
All in all, Mewtwo, combined with Lucas are bound to make me more than just excited for the future. (Why can't the 15th and June come faster! URRRRG! :mad:)
Cheers.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Geez, just got to watch the Direct. I think my Shaq avatar shows my reaction quite clearly.

Now April 15th can't come soon enough!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm literally crying after that trailer.

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK TAGLINE OH MY POOR SOUL CANT HANDLE THE AWESOME :cheep:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
WOAH WOAH GUYS

I LOOKED BACK IN THE DIRECT AND I THINK HE ACTUALLY DOES ACT OUT OF TELEPORT

Its during the part where he teleports between zelda and peach then double jump nairs.
Maybe its like Megamans where he can jump and attack after using Rush?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
WOAH WOAH GUYS

Its during the part where he teleports between zelda and peach then double jump nairs.
not to ruin the moment but i think that was his air dodge. he does that same animation in melee.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
WOAH WOAH GUYS

That's an air dodge.

C3CC

Smash Lord
WOAH WOAH GUYS

Wait, where is that? I don't remember seeing Peach in the trailer!

Spirst

These two weeks are going to be torturous, that's for sure. I'm glad he's coming out soon but I'll be lying if I say I didn't sigh a little when I saw the release date.

We've made it YEARS though. Two weeks will hopefully be nothing in comparison.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Comes out the day I present my Senior Thesis and then the day afterwards I have to work for 4 hours. I'm going to enjoy all the extra free time researching and updating this and the Mega Man boards.

EDIT: :4mewtwo:

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I can't stop watching his and Lucas'. Haven't been this hyped since Mewtwo's reveal back in August.
Same. I've watched it at least 20-30 times now and paused on a lot of things to see his movements.

The music in the trailer suits him PERFECTLY.

My inner fangirl's never fangirled harder than it has today. I totally bawled my eyes out at the trailer when I saw it. I love Mewtwo to death and today I pretty much fell for him all over again. :bee::p

It's cool that Lucas has come back as well. I'm super happy for the fans and they must be having the same reactions we had when he was announced back last October.

Welp, back to premium! I WANT MEWTWO ON MY POSTS!!!!:4mewtwo:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I BOUGHT A PREMIUM AS WELL.

Except when I can FINALLY change my main to Mewtwo, and the picture in the background, they give us Shaq -_-

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Same. I've watched it at least 20-30 times now and paused on a lot of things to see his movements.

My inner fangirl's never fangirled harder than it has today. I totally bawled my eyes out at the trailer when I saw it. I love Mewtwo to death and today I pretty much fell for him all over again. :bee::p

It's cool that Lucas has come back as well. I'm super happy for the fans and they must be having the same reactions we had when he was announced back last October.

Except when I can FINALLY change my main to Mewtwo, and the picture in the background, they give us Shaq -_-
yeah really -_-

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
These two weeks are going to be torturous, that's for sure. I'm glad he's coming out soon but I'll be lying if I say I didn't sigh a little when I saw the release date.

We've made it YEARS though. Two weeks will hopefully be nothing in comparison.
Yeah.. I don't know how I'll cope for the next two weeks.. That video is gonna get a lot of air time with me.. I'm even thinking of resetting my game to unlock everything with Mewtwo. Ugh.. can we put up a countdown somewhere!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

It was a hack by Shaq himself for an April Fool's prank, can't wait to test out Mewtwo, going to have to play Melee a bit so I can prepare myself.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
These two weeks are going to be super easy for me, actually. Knowing the release date will help keep me at ease.
...That is, until the very last day until the release. I'll probably lose it then.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
WOAH WOAH GUYS

I think his teleport is somewhere between Palutena and Zelda speed. He teleports fast but spins in (and a bit on the way out too I think.) It doesn't seem like he'll be able to attack out of tp yet.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
OMG!!! IT'S ORIGIN MEWTWO GUYS!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS BEFORE. (Sorry if anybody else found this, it was staring me in the face!)

https://youtu.be/WvbwZYV7W0Q?t=41

Listen as SOON as he does confusion on Greninja, that's CLEARLY a feral grunt/growl!!

He also does the same noise when flipping Charizard. There's no way that's shetwo. Even though we won't know for certain till the 15th though, I'm betting it's origins Mewtwo after hearing that.

EDIT: Nm. Maybe it is just a sound effect. GFDI.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
OMG!!! IT'S ORIGIN MEWTWO GUYS!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS BEFORE. (Sorry if anybody else found this, it was staring me in the face!)

https://youtu.be/WvbwZYV7W0Q?t=41

Listen as SOON as he does confusion on Greninja, that's CLEARLY a feral grunt/growl!!
Sounds more like the move's sound effect to me. I thought so too at first.

Top Bottom