• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
For whoever has a 3DS: Do you guys feel embarrassed playing in public? Like sitting on the bus or train, or at work during your break.
Not really...then again, I'm fine carrying around my phone playing Pokemon Go while exploring the area in Japan I just moved to.

I like getting StreetPasses here too. I almost never get any in the US.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
For whoever has a 3DS: Do you guys feel embarrassed playing in public? Like sitting on the bus or train, or at work during your break.
I actually take my 3DS almost everywhere, so no. I actually use my 3DS way more than my phone.

Also...

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 10.25.47 PM.png

I've never found a shiny in Pearl in almost 10 years, and I've found 2 here in less than 48 hours.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm only embarrassed by it when I'm playing Fire Emblem, but mostly because I don't want to be associated with the stereotypes of being an FE fan.

But I've been desensitized to criticism for liking "kiddy" games like Pokemon and Kirby ages ago. I've been bullied for it since, like, 3rd grade and now I just don't care what people think - which is funny, considering how shy and self-cautious I usually am in public.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am an adult and I felt no shame talking to kids when I saw them playing Pokemon on the 3DS in the park. We talked about which legendaries we had.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I actually take my 3DS almost everywhere, so no. I actually use my 3DS way more than my phone.

Also...

View attachment 118115
I've never found a shiny in Pearl in almost 10 years, and I've found 2 here in less than 48 hours.
Funny, I found like 4 shinies in the same area in the same month one time (Piloswine, Golbat, Driftblim were all on the same day (thank god I caught it on the 1st try or it would have exploded on me) and I think either Tangela or Clefairy was the other), consider me super lucky.

All but Clefairy had a nature that raises speed (and I didn't even have a Pokemon with any of those natures have the ability Synchronize on hand at the time) and they're evolved now (and on the verge of going into my Omega Ruby).

Do I have to beat Omega Ruby to transfer my entire Black roster over or can I get them in now? (seeing as I have a level 100 Blaziken that's waiting to Mega Evolve and a level 70 Gardevoir with a mild nature (still figuring out her moveset as she has Psychic, Hyper Voice (just taught it to her), Hyper Beam (dropping it in favor of Moonblast) and Energy Ball).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been kind of quiet the past month due to my current work schedule so I'm sorry if I haven't been as active as a mod normally is, at least in terms of frequently posting.

The new XY Chapter came out the other day. Surprisingly it was an extra long chapter so not every magazine pic was uploaded and it took longer for summaries to be made, so I'm taking this from Serebii's Forum.

"We start off with the battle between Diantha and Malva, but clearly the writers are more fond of the fire lady. Talonflame dodges Gardevoir's Charge Beam with a Razor Wind, and counters with an Acrobatics, leaving it injured. Malva states that her Talonflame is burning with excitement, and so is herself. Trevor is being ambushed by Bryony's Bisharp, but Croaky protected him with Mat Block and Trevor is overjoyed that Y left Greninja behind to assist him. Meanwhile, Alexa and Viola are dicussing about the Ultimate Weapon which has the ability to zap people and Pokemon of their life forces. Alexa said on their current day, the war ended exactly 3000 years ago, but she gets an ominous feeling.

At the Pokemon Village, Lysandre gets Emma to command a Dragon Pulse from Zygarde, and floors Blaine and Mewtwo. X tries to stop Emma, but Emma says it is her job and she will be rewarded a salary which can help out Cassius. X recalls what Emma previously said about liking Cassius and not being afraid of him, and that she had no talent in helping him with the storage system. X states that until now, he is still fearful of adults and strangers, which was why he refused to leave the house. Without any dreams or targets, he felt like he had no purpose in life and thus went into seclusion for 5 years, until Xerneas and Yveltal destroyed Vaniville. It was only after he set out on a journey and being constantly chased by Team Flare that he realized that he actually had everything, a home, a room, food, friends and Pokemon. Having met so many people on his journey, he saw how many selflessly helped them, and thinks Emma can relate. He thinks that there is nothing more painful than being betrayed by a trusted one, and his words apparently get to Emma.

When Lysandre commands another attack, Emma starts to resist, and Cassius shows up, telling her that she needs not continue with this job. Lysandre gets angry and continues to command her, and Cassius counters by having Gourgeist destroy the commanding device with a Shadow Ball. This seems to truly free Emma, and she commands an attack to Lysandre, but Mega Gyarados chomps on her (honestly this should have killed her) and Zygarde's Pokeball gets taken over by Lysandre. While Zygarde hits X, Cassius and Emma with another Land's Wrath, Y gets Absol to bite on Lysandre's hand, ripping the Mega Ring off his finger (I think his finger remains intact despite the bloody scene) and effectively turning off Gyarados's Mega state. Pyroar attacked Absol with a Noble Roar powered up bite in between but Absol still succeeds.

Meanwhile, Chalmers reports to Lysandre that the bioenergy extraction procedure is set to go, and Lysandre broadcasts his message of world purification via his Holo Caster. Alexa and Viola gets joined by some mysterious people.

Back at the Village, Emma and Cassius survive, but Green and Blaine have already been knocked out. X sees Diantha's Keystone with Green, and recalls what Green said about the Keystones being activated one per one in battle. He gathers the Keystones of Diantha, Green, himself, Y and Korrina (the one they snatched back from Lysandre), and decides to try something. On Route 10, the captured Village Pokemon get their bioenergy zapped, and while the Admins find the scene terrible, Delphox seems unfazed, and the Admins think it resembles the personality of Malva. Team Flare has sent out troops of Venomoths and Amoongusses to keep intruders away with Sleep Powder.

At the Village, X Mega Evolves all 5 of his Pokemon at the same time, and Lysandre is impressed. However, he thinks it is a waste and hits Salame with Dragon Pulse. Fortunately, it was weakened by Sylveon's Misty Terrain, and Kang retaliates with an Outrage. Back on Route 10, the admins note that they have intruders and Delphox attacks with its flames, but it ends up creating an explosion. Turns out, Clemont, Bonnie, Alexa, Viola, Yvette have arrived, and the Vivillon's Powder has caused the explosion with Delphox's flames...
"

Only two more chapters + the Vol.-only epilogue for XY. Sun/Moon will start in November. Interestingly it was confirmed today that B2W2 will replace ORAS and be uploaded online in October with the newest chapter from Vol. 53 being added November 22nd and continuing until the story arc is completed. There is still no release date, but progress is progress.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
I'm 28 and I find it hilarious doing this.

I walk around in public in very upmarket areas wearing this
http://hottopic.scene7.com/is/image/HotTopic/10228531_hi?$pdp_hero_zoom$

and i'll have kids like, 1/3 my age telling me its a cool shirt. I'll happily play 3DS in work breaks and if anyone has a problem I just laugh at them for being so paranoid about what other people think.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Liking this responses so far. I'm a little in between there, I don't have problem playing in public, although here people are much more acceptable of that, but at gatherings with friends who don't game I feel a little uncomfortable if I were to take it out. I'm a person who still has insecurities to work out.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
My city isn't big enough for me to ever need to use a bus and I'm too much of a hermit to go out somewhere and play a 3DS game. I used to play it during breaks at work and even got asked by someone about it. Some guy asked if it was a 3DS and if so, if the 3D bothers the eyes since that's what he'd heard and he wanted to get one for his daughter. It bothers my eyes personally, even with the new model but I just keep it off so he decided he'd get a 2DS for her.

Reason for the 'used to play' isn't because of any sort of concern of being judged but because my breaks are only 30 minutes long and 5 of those minutes have to be spent on walking back from the break house so I've got at best 25 minutes to play a game. I don't like carrying it around in my pocket while working either so I always want it in my locker if I'm not playing it. I could take it out and play it especially since many games offer saving, temporary or otherwise frequently but I'm lazy and tend to either nap or just play on my phone during breaks.

Completely unrelated but I've been playing Paper Mario TTYD lately and I just got screwed hard by rng after just getting blessed by it. I'm level 26 with every level invested in BP and I'm inbetween chapters 6 and 7. I decided I'd try to take on Bonetail (I've already gotten to floor 90 and then gtfo) and I managed to get to him after only having to do 1 fight from floors 91-99 due to lucky rng with Movers. I also got an extra FP Plus badge while down there so I was rocking 20 FP. Then, at the Bonetail fight, the stage freezes me and I was defenseless and had no Life Shrooms. I've got a bunch saved up in the shop storage but didn't bring any since I wasn't even expecting to survive to floor 100. Got a nice badge setup regardless for if I do make it to him again.
Got 78 BP atm and the later fights down there can get me anywhere from 81 to 84 BP depending on Mover rng. Got the following badges:
2 HP Plus' to boost my HP up to 20. 3 BP each.
An HP Plus P to give every partner +5 HP. 6 BP.
2 FP Plus badges, not counting the one I lost due to dying to Bonetail, boosting my FP to 15. 3 BP each.
2 Power Plus badges, 6 BP each.
2 Power Plus P badges, 6 BP each.
2 Defend Plus badges, 5 BP each.
2 Defend Plus P badges, 5 BP each.
Quick Change, 7 BP.
P-Down, D-Up to increase my defense. 2 BP
Hammerman to increase my attack. 2BP.
Piercing Blow to negate Bonetail' defense. 1 BP.
HP Drain to get HP for every attack. 1 BP.

After that, any remaining BP would go towards either Damage Dodge which I've got 3 of, Happy Heart, Happy Heart P, Happy Flower, Flower Saver and/or Flower Saver P all of which I have 2 of, Pity Flower or if I'm feeling ballsy, I could try Close Call which I have 2 of, Pretty Lucky which I have 1 of and can get another and Lucky Day.

With the set-up listed from HP Plus to HP Drain, I was doing a consistent 13 damage every turn to Bonetail with Piercing Blow and Ms. Mowz. Need FP for Piercing Blow and Ms. Mowz alive to get that kind of damage but that's not too hard thanks to Sweet Treat.

Sorry for the TTYD tangent~ just wanted to post it somewhere.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Completely unrelated but I've been playing Paper Mario TTYD lately and I just got screwed hard by rng after just getting blessed by it. I'm level 26 with every level invested in BP and I'm inbetween chapters 6 and 7. I decided I'd try to take on Bonetail (I've already gotten to floor 90 and then gtfo) and I managed to get to him after only having to do 1 fight from floors 91-99 due to lucky rng with Movers. I also got an extra FP Plus badge while down there so I was rocking 20 FP. Then, at the Bonetail fight, the stage freezes me and I was defenseless and had no Life Shrooms. I've got a bunch saved up in the shop storage but didn't bring any since I wasn't even expecting to survive to floor 100. Got a nice badge setup regardless for if I do make it to him again.
Got 78 BP atm and the later fights down there can get me anywhere from 81 to 84 BP depending on Mover rng. Got the following badges:
2 HP Plus' to boost my HP up to 20. 3 BP each.
An HP Plus P to give every partner +5 HP. 6 BP.
2 FP Plus badges, not counting the one I lost due to dying to Bonetail, boosting my FP to 15. 3 BP each.
2 Power Plus badges, 6 BP each.
2 Power Plus P badges, 6 BP each.
2 Defend Plus badges, 5 BP each.
2 Defend Plus P badges, 5 BP each.
Quick Change, 7 BP.
P-Down, D-Up to increase my defense. 2 BP
Hammerman to increase my attack. 2BP.
Piercing Blow to negate Bonetail' defense. 1 BP.
HP Drain to get HP for every attack. 1 BP.

After that, any remaining BP would go towards either Damage Dodge which I've got 3 of, Happy Heart, Happy Heart P, Happy Flower, Flower Saver and/or Flower Saver P all of which I have 2 of, Pity Flower or if I'm feeling ballsy, I could try Close Call which I have 2 of, Pretty Lucky which I have 1 of and can get another and Lucky Day.

With the set-up listed from HP Plus to HP Drain, I was doing a consistent 13 damage every turn to Bonetail with Piercing Blow and Ms. Mowz. Need FP for Piercing Blow and Ms. Mowz alive to get that kind of damage but that's not too hard thanks to Sweet Treat.

Sorry for the TTYD tangent~ just wanted to post it somewhere.
I like PM:TTYD :) That's a good rounded setup. I like experimenting with badge setups. There's a speedrun tactic where they get chet rippo to lower HP to 5 to always be in danger, stack a bunch of 'super rush attack up when in danger' badges on Mario then Multi-bounce to deal insane damage. Sometimes I like to give Mario a whole bunch of defense even with lower attack, zap tap, dodge badges etc, quick change, and use him as a wall/appealer/item healer then give partners attack boosts and flower savers. You can also set up Mario to focus on special moves (which are OP) with super appeal etc and stylish moves.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I like PM:TTYD :) That's a good rounded setup. I like experimenting with badge setups. There's a speedrun tactic where they get chet rippo to lower HP to 5 to always be in danger, stack a bunch of 'super rush attack up when in danger' badges on Mario then Multi-bounce to deal insane damage. Sometimes I like to give Mario a whole bunch of defense even with lower attack, zap tap, dodge badges etc, quick change, and use him as a wall/appealer/item healer then give partners attack boosts and flower savers. You can also set up Mario to focus on special moves (which are OP) with super appeal etc and stylish moves.
Just beat Bonetail (for the first time too!) using that exact Chet Rippo strat. I didn't even save beforehand since I was expecting rng to fail me but it got me through the whole thing. Brought 4 Life Shrooms in with me and I'm leaving with 1. All 3 lost ones were from Bonetail. Was doing a rather consistent 17 damage every turn with 11 from Mario and 6 from Ms. Mowz.
I entered the Bonetail fight with 96 BP thanks to Chet Rippo and level ups.
1 Piercing Blow to negate the 2 defense Bonetail has.
1 HP Plus to keep Ms. Mowz alive for longer.
2 FP Plus which were ultimately useless as you'll see down the list.
2 Power Plus
2 Power Plus P
1 Hammerman
1 P-Up, D-Down
2 Damage Dodge P which weren't too useful
2 Defend Plus P
1 Power Rush
1 Power Rush P that never came to use
1 Last Stand that didn't work as intended (Bonetail ended up doing 5 damage rather than 4, probably because of the P-Up, D-Down.)
2 Last Stand P, never came to use
1 Mega Rush, never came to use though I was trying to get it to do so. Probably should have equipped my second Last Stand.
1 Mega Rush P, never came to use.
2 Close Call
3 Close Call P, never came to use.
2 Pretty Lucky
1 Pretty Lucky P
1 Lucky Day
2 Happy Heart P
1 Flower Saver
1 FP Drain
and 1 Quick Change that never came to use.

The combination of Piercing Blow, Flower Saver and FP Drain, along with all the attack increasing badges made it so Mario was doing 11 damage for free. Well, 'free' since 1 FP is needed to use Piercing Blow but thanks to FP Drain, it comes right back. Had so much BP that I just equipped a bunch of random badges and hoped they'd help. Only items used were Life Shrooms and Super Shrooms for Ms. Mowz.

Unrelated to Bonetail but something amusing on floor 98 happened. Ended up fighting a Swampire, an Elite Wizzerd and 2 Amazy Dayzee's and winning that fight got me 100 Star Points. Swampire had a Boo Sheet but died immediately due to the Spin Jump First Strike and the Elite Wizzerd had a Shooting Star. I'm pretty sure I did Multibounce, Rally Wink and then Art Attack and killed everyone in 1 turn except for the Elite Wizzerd who was dumb enough to clone himself rather than kill me with his item.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is the proof that God does exist. I think it's safe to say that that game is my favorite game of all time. It's just so unique. Paper Mario 64 was amazing, and TTYD just improved it so much.

... Too bad the series is now a shadow of its former self. It's a shame, really. Super Paper Mario was just ok, Sticker Star just sucked and there's no way in hell I'm picking up Sticker Star 2 Color Splash.

Anyway, Mewtwo related: sometimes I still, a year and half later, can't believe that he's actually back. Like sometimes I just go shocked at it. And not only that: he's also top tier now!!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Anyway, Mewtwo related: sometimes I still, a year and half later, can't believe that he's actually back. Like sometimes I just go shocked at it. And not only that: he's also top tier now!!
Him and Cloud for me!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I thoroughly enjoy both Paper Mario 64 and TTYD. Beat 64 again recently and then went straight to TTYD and I'm not even sick of it. I also wanted to see which one I liked better. So many people seem to like TTYD more. I like the music in both, the visuals in both although 64 has numerous noticeable seams (I think that's the correct term). I much prefer the battle system in TTYD. I found myself pressing A after every hammer swing in 64 since I'm so used to stylish moves. I also like how the specials for acquiring stars actually require player input rather than just being akin to casting a spell like what the Star Spirit powers were in 64. I find the partners more useful in TTYD.

Goombario is useless once you get Parakarry who then also becomes useless once you get the likes of Bow, Watt and Lackliester. Kooper's biggest use is having the cheapest means of hitting all grounded enemies. Bombette's sole use late game is being a screen nuke and Sushie is useless once you're done chapter 5.

Compare that to TTYD where Goombella is your best means of damaging airborne opponents until you get Yoshi and after that her Rally Wink has some uses. Koops is similar to Kooper, having a cheap means of attacking all grounded enemies but he also gets a defense piercing attack. Flurrie is...pretty useless even when you first get her. Her biggest use I find is attacking the likes of Spiked flying Buzzy Beetles with her Lip Lock and being a bit of a tank until you get Bobbery. Yoshi is amazing with Ground Pound doing I believe 6 damage once fully upgraded to enemies without defense and I've got it doing 9 damage right now thanks to badges. Gulp pierces defense and damages 2 enemies at once. Mini Egg is okay, useful for the Rawk Hawk fight and Stampede is meh. Vivian is pretty amazing with her ability to burn and Fiery Jinx is an awesome attack. Bobbery is the best tank in terms of HP and has a means of damaging enemies who attack him directly. Has a screen nuke and solid damage with his main attack. Ms. Mowz is nice for high defense enemies and she can steal stuff and heal Mario.

All that said, I prefer the locations in 64 far more. Super Paper Mario is a good game but has less replayability. Sticker Star...I got past world 1 and quit. Watched a complete playthrough of it on Youtube and it really doesn't get much better. A role playing game with a very bare combat system and no memorable characters or music for that matter. Locations weren't too memorable either. Got no hope for Colour Splash.

Uhh, more Smash and Mewtwo related, I'm not too terribly surprised he's in given his inclusion in Melee, his apparent plans to be in Brawl and his popularity. I'm far more surprised Roy and Cloud are in, especially the former since he hardly stands out compared to the other FE characters. Still my second favourite character in the game though, playstyle-wise anyways.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's the opposite for me. I've played him so much I can't imagine Smash 4 without him.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Super Mario RPG will always be my favorite. That and the M&L series, even though I haven't beaten Dream Team yet, and own Paper Jam (but haven't even opened it yet.)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
And now the credits are rolling for my playthrough of TTYD. I wanna say this is my 5th or 6th playthrough of the game. May be 1 lower or higher. I can say that it's a better game than 64 but 64 is an amazing game too. Already gave my opinion on SPM, SS and the upcoming CS. As for the M&L series, I've beaten* the first 3 and own the 4th but hardly touched it since I got a bunch of games that Christmas. From what I've seen of a playthrough on Youtube, I'm not sure if I'd like it. Very heavy on the tutorials and I'm not a fan of the giant Luigi battles. Wasn't a fan of the giant Bowser battles in BiS and I don't like the looks of the giant paper craft battles in PJ. PiT is the weakest of the 3 I've played despite lacking those more 'gimmicky' battles, at least as far as I recall. Not to say I dislike any of the 3 I've played. They're all fun but the first 2 Paper Mario's are better. As for Super Mario RPG, I've actually never played it. Came out before I started playing video games and while I've watched 2 LPs of the game, I've never really bothered to get the game myself.

*I never actually beat the final boss of SS since child me didn't know how to win and as I got older, I never went back to the game.

Next games on my list are finishing my playthrough of Rekka no Ken and Mario 64 since watching a playthrough of Star Road and watching a bunch of Pannenkoek2012's videos has got me in the mood to go back to that game. Once I finish Rekka no Ken, I'll either be going back to Fates Birthright or my Black 2 Nuzlocke...or there's always going back to Starfox Zero but from what I've been hearing about the game, I'm afraid of it being the nail in the coffin for the series like GX and Other M largely were for F-ZERO and Metroid respectively. Though I say that, I'm sure Mario Kart being the more popular racing series has more to do with the absence of F-ZERO and Metroid just got Federation Force so it's not completely dead.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Of all the people, you'd think Mewtwo players would have learned that just because something sucked the first time doesn't mean it's doomed to do so again the second.

Rizen

Smash Legend
How does Mewtwo's wall jump work? I accidentally did it a few times on BF. BF in general is giving me trouble. It's hard to land when the opponent's on the main platform pressuring me with disjoints through the small platforms. The bottom of the stage has made teleport get stuck a few times too.
On the upside I've been getting some combos in like Dtilt>Fair.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Slightly Mewtwo related: A new batch of news for Pokemon Sun and Moon has been released, showcasing the mid stage evolutions of the starters and the return of Megas.

I'll embed the video in the spoilers tag for those who don't want to be spoiled.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Should we really call an official trailer a spoiler? Oh well, may as well. But it's going to be near impossible to avoid this stuff without disappearing from the internet for a while entirely.

Copy/Pasting my thoughts.
I swear they only added Ash-Greninja because so many people wanted it. I still find it freaky and weird, but I can just ignore it or something I guess. I always thought the anime took place in a separate world from the video games and that Ash didn't exist in the video game world, but I guess that fanservice knows no bounds.

Not fond of any of the second stages, but I won't freak out because I don't like the starter's awkward middle school stage.

Festival plaza doesn't look to exciting, but we'll see.

The Poke Pelago can make me feel less awful by shoving hundreds of little monsters into empty storage boxes for the rest of their lives! Too bad I'll be holding most of them in Pokemon Bank for the free battle points.

And the special demo is October 18th? Well, at least there was something in this trailer to get me excited. I'm still really looking forward to this game.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Ash-Greninja is weird to me because that's Ash's Greninja, not mine. That, and the hair-looking fin things that pop out the sides of its head.

The second stage evos of the starters worries me, because Popplio's seems to lend weight to the supposed leaked final stages (and I hate Litten's leaked final form.) Then again, Dartrix and Torracat don't seem like they would evolve into the leaked forms, so hope remains.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ash-Greninja is weird to me because that's Ash's Greninja, not mine. That, and the hair-looking fin things that pop out the sides of its head.

The second stage evos of the starters worries me, because Popplio's seems to lend weight to the supposed leaked final stages (and I hate Litten's leaked final form.) Then again, Dartrix and Torracat don't seem like they would evolve into the leaked forms, so hope remains.
TBH those leaks are pretty much as good as confirmed, I doubt they were faked after they predicted what that grass-type girl looked like so accurately.

And Dewott looks absolutely nothing like Samurott, but it still evolves into it. Alternatively, there's been rumors floating around about the evos getting separate forms Lycanroc style, but those originate from the Chinese leak which hasn't been entirely accurate.

On the bright side, Litten still has a good chance to evolve into a fire/dark-type instead of another fire/fighting, because that wrestler-cat's description apparently said it likes to play dirty.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
TBH(And I'm sure I'll get hate for this), I've been pretty unimpressed with Gen VII as a whole. Aside from Alolan forms and Hyper Training, very little has actually caught my attention with Sun/Moon, and my biggest fear is that they didn't learn from X/Y's ***** excuse of a postgame. I dunno. Maybe the inevitable release day leaks will change my mind, but right now, skipping this one is seeming more and more likely.

How does Mewtwo's wall jump work? I accidentally did it a few times on BF. BF in general is giving me trouble. It's hard to land when the opponent's on the main platform pressuring me with disjoints through the small platforms. The bottom of the stage has made teleport get stuck a few times too.
On the upside I've been getting some combos in like Dtilt>Fair.
Just pressing away from the wall usually works. Teleport recovering is also a must. Practice the spacing on Teleporting to the ledge is a must. The more you do it, the easy it'll get. Don't be like those scrubs who put little time into it and think Teleport hates them....

Mod EDIT: No Self-Censoring Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I actually cancelled my preorder of Sun just the other day. Put the money towards Animal Crossing New Leaf and MK8 instead since I've had a recent love for Isabelle. Was going to play Sun/Moon with a friend but that's not happening anymore and gen VI was a big enough disappointment to me that I don't want to buy the next game in the series just for being Pokemon. I wanna wait till it's been out for a bit, hear what there is to say (which will surely be overly positive regardless of any flaws the game has because it's Pokemon.) and I'll decide then if I want to get it or not. That being said, if they remake gen IV, I'm getting that remake no matter what.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I quit Pokémon after X and Y. Well, I did beat AlphaSapphire but it's just because it's a remake of a game I really loved. I don't know, I think Pokémon has lost its touch... I liked it better when it was a simple game with a kid catching animal-like creatures in the grass and that's as far as it got. Now there's formes, fusions, Alolan forms, Mega Evolutions, Ultra Beasts, Z-Moves and whatnot. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's just not appealing to me.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I see it more as adapting by trying new things. Pokemon often gets accused by it's formula being unchanged over the years; although it has stayed the same it has improved as well; so I like that this time around they are putting much more effort into it by offering something different and cool like Alola forms, Z-forms and the whole deal with Ultra Beasts which might offer an interesting bit of story; they haven't been confirmed as pokemon so my money is that they are human/pokemon hybrids experiments gone wrong. The overworld shifting away from a grid based movement perspective, ditching the gym leader formula while introducing island trials and having rideable pokemon are pretty neat as well.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
TBH, Pokemon has been getting a little stale for me. Now that my childhood fascination with those monsters is gone, I haven't been nearly as involved in the games as I was before.

But that's why I'm getting so excited for Sun and Moon. For the first time, it feels like Pokemon is stepping out of its comfort zone and really trying something new. Whether or not more of these changes are for the better or worse almost doesn't matter to me - I'm just excited to try something a bit different from the Pokemon I've always known, yet still remain fundamentally the same. I'll forgive X/Y's various flaws just because I recognize those games as the awkward transitional stage from 2D to 3D.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I quit Pokémon after X and Y. Well, I did beat AlphaSapphire but it's just because it's a remake of a game I really loved. I don't know, I think Pokémon has lost its touch... I liked it better when it was a simple game with a kid catching animal-like creatures in the grass and that's as far as it got. Now there's formes, fusions, Alolan forms, Mega Evolutions, Ultra Beasts, Z-Moves and whatnot. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's just not appealing to me.
Me, I mostly just turned my attention to Monster Hunter as monster designs there are much more detailed and memorable. It's the mix of realism and fantasy that really catches my eye.

But moving away from that and towards the topic of Z-moves, the upcoming spin-off Monster Hunter Stories has quite an impressive selection:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokemon has one of the most fickle fanbases out there IMO. We want change, but we don't know exactly what we want as far as I can tell.

Despite my avatar, only Gen 5 was tiring for me personally.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
White was the first time I abandoned a Pokemon game. Got 6 badges in and said screw it. Only went back when Black/White 2 were announced and those are some of my favourites. Still not a fan of the first Black/White but I do like how challenging N is if you don't choose to use the version mascot.

Abandoned X, Y and ORAS. Y was abandoned 7 badges in, X was abandoned right at the door of the Elite Four and both games of ORAS were abandoned at Mauville. Here we are with Sun/Moon announced and soon coming out and I have no plans on getting them or going back to the gen VI games.

I'll never say I dislike Pokemon but the best generations were IV and I. II was okay, III was meh... well R/S/E were meh. FR/LG were awesome. V started off awful and ended superbly. VI was a bore the whole way through.

I'm sure I've said this all before...

Top Bottom