• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Well, on the subject of dating, the GF and I had a St. Patricks day Smash, lol.
Everyone could only use their character's green palette swaps, and if they don't have green swaps(glares at Pac-Man and Shulk), then they were off limits.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
snow. snow.... snow? snow! didn't you get the memo? winters over! you can piss off! snow! wat r u doin? snow. STAHP.
Wait, first you guys tell me that snow is real, now you tell me that winter is real to?

Is my entire life just one big lie?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I gloat about it now, but just wait until summer.

I'll be wishing I lived up North with you guys.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeee!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
....typical girl response...
I think my boyfriend is worried about how he kisses. x3
-Video edited out. Here's a filler-

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

To celebrate the first day of spring....here's a picture of my little Mewtwo watching the thread with hopeful eyes. <3

Also...this! He's so adorable!

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
All I got Mewtwo related is the first movie on vhs and this EX card I got as a gift (I put the card with my ridiculously huge lucario collection). I use to have that gold Mewtwo card thing that they used to give out at Burger King to advertise the Pokemon Movie, you know the ones that came in a pokeball and stuff? (that thing was pretty damn cool, I wish I knew were that went)

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Maybe....
mmmyes...
Be sure to tell him once in a while; machismo and bravado aside, we guys could use the compliment/reassurance once in a while.
All I got Mewtwo related is the first movie on vhs and this EX card I got as a gift (I put the card with my ridiculously huge lucario collection). I use to have that gold Mewtwo card thing that they used to give out at Burger King to advertise the Pokemon Movie, you know the ones that came in a pokeball and stuff? (that thing was pretty damn cool, I wish I knew were that went)
I still have mine, lol.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Let's all make a pact to not sleep until Mewtwo is released. Then we will know the suffering of Mewtwo's lonely, tiring life. Once we know Mewtwo, we can be Mewtwo. When we can be Mewtwo, then we shall be victorious.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Hey guys

What if Mewtwos tag line for his paint splash says 'Mewtwo Springs Back into Action'.

Its probably the worst idea Ive ever came up with lol

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
We must offer our prayers and not forget our faith. We wait in hope for the day when the path to paradise will be open...

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Gah.. sorry for the rant but.. honestly I haven't been able to enjoy Smash completely knowing my main isn't there yet.. and since it's almost the 31st I'm growing more and more impatient :(

Why is Nintendo doing this? Sakuraiii!

C3CC

Smash Lord
...top of the tier list...?

...I think they should just cancel him now...
We already have Diddy to deal with. No more broken characters, please.
Top tier =/= Broken. And I do want Mewtwo to be top tier (or at least high tier). No more bull**** like in Melee.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Top tier =/= Broken. And I do want Mewtwo to be top tier (or at least high tier). No more bullsh*t like in Melee.
Top tier, bottom tier, what difference does it make? It only matters if you have fun playing the character in the first place. I'd love to play more of Sonic but honestly he's so boring I only use him for certain counter picks. If aMsa can make a name for himself in Melee as Yoshi then you can very well learn how to use Mewtwo with whatever tools he's given in Sm4sh or Melee.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Top tier, bottom tier, what difference does it make? It only matters if you have fun playing the character in the first place. I'd love to play more of Sonic but honestly he's so boring I only use him for certain counter picks. If aMsa can make a name for himself in Melee as Yoshi then you can very well learn how to use Mewtwo with whatever tools he's given in Sm4sh or Melee.
I completely agree with you. Mewtwo was garbage in Melee and there he is as my main. Heck, look at my mains in Smash 4. There's freaking Charizard and Palutena, who according to most people suck, but I have so much fun with them. That being said, I won't deny I would feel better if Mewtwo was a good fighter this time around.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
If you're a character loyalist, the tier list shouldn't matter to you all that much. Its all statistics, just because a player uses a bottom tier character against a high tier character doesn't automatically mean the person who has the high tier character wins. Yes there are certain match-ups you have to be wary about and yes having a strategy for said character is always helpful but it still all comes down to the player and their experience with that character.

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I completely agree with you. Mewtwo was garbage in Melee and there he is as my main. Heck, look at my mains in Smash 4. There's freaking Charizard and Palutena, who according to most people suck, but I have so much fun with them. That being said, I won't deny I would feel better if Mewtwo was a good fighter this time around.
I don't feel Palutena's bad. She's probably on the low end of mid at the worst. The only thing that's really not great for her is that most everything of her's opens up from jab, and even then she's got a pretty good one. Charizard on the other hand....well I'll hold my opinion until I can fight a good Charizard really, because I can't find a way to redeem him other than he lives till around 180% and is impossible to gimp horizontally. And I agree, I would love for all of Mewtwo to be viable this time around, from his weight to his other half of his moveset he didn't use before because it was garbage XD

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Charizard on the other hand....well I'll hold my opinion until I can fight a good Charizard really, because I can't find a way to redeem him other than he lives till around 180% and is impossible to gimp horizontally.
Charizard is great at dealing with opponents over his head.
Up Smash, short hop Nair, Up Tilt, and an occasional Flare Blitz when you read some landing lag means he can really put pressure on an aerial opponent.
Rock Smash has incredible armor, his Jab and Nair are amazing, and Flamethrower is a move with endless utility.

Charizard certainly has his shortcomings, but even he's got his strengths.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Tiers don't effect much in Smash 4.
If you are a top level tournament player then yes, if not then don't worry about them.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Top tier, bottom tier, what difference does it make? It only matters if you have fun playing the character in the first place.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on."

oh, and...

I don't feel Palutena's bad. She's probably on the low end of mid at the worst. The only thing that's really not great for her is that most everything of her's opens up from jab, and even then she's got a pretty good one. Charizard on the other hand....well I'll hold my opinion until I can fight a good Charizard really, because I can't find a way to redeem him other than he lives till around 180% and is impossible to gimp horizontally. And I agree, I would love for all of Mewtwo to be viable this time around, from his weight to his other half of his moveset he didn't use before because it was garbage XD

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tGs2AEx1Q

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on."
Sunkern's base stats: 30/30/30/30/30/30

Spinda's base stats: 60/60/60/60/60/60

Phione's base stats: 80/80/80/80/80/80

Mew's base stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100

Arceus's base stats: 120/120/120/120/120/120

Well, there goes the "all pokemon are created equal" theory.
Though it would be pretty awesome if a Spinda could stand up to an Arceus.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
Sunkern's base stats
30/30/30/30/30/30

Spinda's base stats
60/60/60/60/60/60

Phione's base stats
80/80/80/80/80/80

Mew's base stats
100/100/100/100/100/100

Arceus's base stats
120/120/120/120/120/120

Karen (:197: :229: :198: ) wouldn't be agree :upsidedown:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Sunkern's base stats: 30/30/30/30/30/30

Spinda's base stats: 60/60/60/60/60/60

Phione's base stats: 80/80/80/80/80/80

Mew's base stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100

Arceus's base stats: 120/120/120/120/120/120

Though it would be pretty awesome if a Spinda could stand up to an Arceus.

To be fair, Spinda has an amazing ability in Contrary, and, when paired up with Superpower- can be quite a potent threat.
As for Sunkern? Have you seen the power of a Sunflora in the sunlight? That thing hits with the power of a sun.
Phione? Please...that isn't even fair....that's literally Manaphy's baby. Manaphy itself though, is a potent uber threat with it's Hydration+Rest+Tail Glow combination.
Mew? Come on now....it can learn any move. Nothing counters Mew in the end.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
This may have been asked before, but why do you guys like Mewtwo so much?

For me it's the first movie, he made such a big impression on me that i was really static when i unlocked him (this was a surprise for me) in Melee, he sucked, but i still mained him. Ofcourse his OST in Red and Blue also helped a lot!

Spatman

Smash Ace

For me it's the first movie, he made such a big impression on me that i was really static when i unlocked him (this was a surprise for me) in Melee, he sucked, but i still mained him. Ofcourse his OST in Red and Blue also helped a lot!
personally, I prefer Mew.
But Mew and Mewtwo are two faces of the same coin. A very precious golden coin.
Yes, the first reason was also for me the first movie. Then the videogames, when he was still the only uber.
I like his freak appareance, his psychic powers, and all the features that accentuates these characteristics (as his long floating tail, his rounded fingers -I don't know why, but i associate all these things with his psychic powers, and moreover with his being a "genetic creature" -, and, in Melee, his floatyness and capability to handle items without using his hands -I didn't play much Melee and i don't very fond of melee's mewtwo, though)

and then i LOVE cats!

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

I've been a fan since I was 18, now I'm 25. I did know about Mewtwo when I was a kid, but preferred Mew (typical of me.)

Seeing the First Movie again was what revoked my interest in Mewtwo. He made an impression on me as well, which stuck. Especially his backstory. When I found out he was in Melee I had to get it. Back then I had no idea that competitive smash even existed, until I saw Taj. I mained him solely for 4 or so years and had nobody to play with so I mastered him. I am an only child, and I didn't really have any friends that cared about Melee. Only when I met my boyfriend in 2012 was when I started competing, considering by some bizzare quirk of faith he was no #1 at Brawl in our state a few years before. Through him I started attending tournaments and came 5th at my first one. I main other characters as well nowadays but still manage to surprise a few when I pull out Mewtwo. Not one person here plays him, although recently I've spotted a few others using him.

Mewtwo will always be the best in my eyes. You have no idea how shocked I was when he was announced last year.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo will always be the best in my eyes. You have no idea how shocked I was when he was announced last year.
I can imagine your shock, i'm a 24 year old male and i was screaming like a little girl haha, i'm glad a fictional Nintendo character can still have such an impact on people!

Top Bottom