• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Won't Japan get Mewtwo early cause they're essentially a day in the future? It's 1:30am April 14th over there now so will we have mewtwo and balance patch info tomorrow?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Won't Japan get Mewtwo early cause they're essentially a day in the future? It's 1:30am April 14th over there now so will we have mewtwo and balance patch info tomorrow?
It won't work like that.
If they get the patch and Mewtwo early they're alienated from playing with everyone else online because everyone else would lack the patch.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Isn't Wario said to be Mewtwo's roughest matchup?
It's hard to say honestly since the only game they are in together is PM, but who knows what this new patch will bring. Does that mean Wario is a bug/dark type?

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
It's hard to say honestly since the only game they are in together is PM, but who knows what this new patch will bring. Does that mean Wario is a bug/dark type?
Pretty sure Wario would be fighting+poison though

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Mewtwo Patch has been confirmed to be released worldwide concunrrently. It releases from 4-5 PM in Japan which is 12-1 AM in the US.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
D'oh. I'm confused myself! It's at... 8AM my time I think, so after I'm at my friends everything should be noted about at least one of my mains
Ah you mean by the time you are done with your friends. I understood "we" as the Smashboards community which is why I was so confused.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
The reason I'm scared is because all my scrubby friends think he's OP. Ironically enough th e one who just spams rolls disagrees with them
I love it how nearly every Smash game (or fighting game for that matter) has the scrub-check character.
64: "Dude! C. Falcon has a punch that OHKO's you!! That's solo stupid!!"
Melee: "Dude! Kirby can suck you up and go off the stage, he's SO OP!!"
Brawl: "Dude! Ike's Smashes are soooo powerful! He's definitely broken."
Smash 4: "Dude! Shulk's down smash lasts for SOOOOO LONG!! He NEEDS to get nerfed!"

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Back in Melee, my friends once thought Mewtwo was cheap because of the killing throws combined with disable (Not kidding). Then I whipped out Shiek and Falco. Soon they understood the depths of their ignorance especially after being told I'm not even good with those characters at all.

The last verses of resurrection will begin. Brace yourselves for we will never be the same again...

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
I really wish I didn't have a big assignment due on Wednesday.......maybe I'll just try to do it today
I'm in the same boat, I have a huge test on Friday and people want me for a potluck the day before. It's no bueno. Trying to cram early so I don't have to worry about it as much.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Out of curiosity, how many here actually plan on keeping Mewtwo as their main for the duration of this game's lifespan?
That means; regardless of his tier placement and such.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Out of curiosity, how many here actually plan on keeping Mewtwo as their main for the duration of this game's lifespan?
I'll have him as a secondary regardless of tier. I play characters I like rather than good ones.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'll play Mewtwo if I like the way it feels in battle otherwise Mewtwo'll be more for casual play it doesn't feel right to me.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Mewtwo Patch has been confirmed to be released worldwide concunrrently. It releases from 4-5 PM in Japan which is 12-1 AM in the US.
Yee.

I can stay up for that, easy.

Bruh, it was written in ston, fate, time, space, lead, air, other assorted elements that can somehow be written on.

This guy is my secondary no matter what. It's been at least a decade since my original main canonically existed in a Smash game.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The reason I'm scared is because all my scrubby friends think he's OP. Ironically enough th e one who just spams rolls disagrees with them
Smash Bros. would not patch a character based on what your scrubby friends think. :p
There is a game that does this though...Dark Souls 2. It's really sad too, completely fine weapons/spells get nerfed out of the ass because people complain too much. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
I plan to keep Mewtwo a permanent main with some other characters for all of the time.

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
Though I will stay true to my (Dr)Mario combo, I really want Mewtwo to be my secondary. Let's just hope I will be able to!

Last edited:

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
I've always played characters I've liked over characters with tier. Hence my yoshi background in melee, he didn't receive any love til about Brawl?/Smash4. The overuse of (Yoshi) is a bit off putting to me now otherwise I'd use him more. It will be interesting to see who struggles to study Mewtwo or if the spoon bender is good from the start. I'm going to do a lot of lab so I'll be putting in a lot of time regardless.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I want to main Mewtwo, but I really hope he'll have the tools to match my aggressive style. If he plays too defensively, I'm not sure I'll have the patience to master him.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I love it how nearly every Smash game (or fighting game for that matter) has the scrub-check character.
64: "Dude! C. Falcon has a punch that OHKO's you!! That's solo stupid!!"
Melee: "Dude! Kirby can suck you up and go off the stage, he's SO OP!!"
Brawl: "Dude! Ike's Smashes are soooo powerful! He's definitely broken."
Smash 4: "Dude! Shulk's down smash lasts for SOOOOO LONG!! He NEEDS to get nerfed!"
Kirby can be a scrub-check character in pretty much every game with stone.

Brawl had a more blatant case with Zelda. "Din's juggles super easily and her Up Smash is so annoying!"

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
I want to main Mewtwo, but I really hope he'll have the tools to match my aggressive style. If he plays too defensively, I'm not sure I'll have the patience to master him.
I feel like Mewtwo's going to be a mixup kind of character. Mewtwo was defensive in melee, but by the looks of how fast that meteor-smash came out in the trailer shakes that idea up a bit. It could honestly go either way.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I see no mention of Mewtwo in either of those. We may be getting the patch, but what does that have to do with the emails?
It'd make sense for the Mewtwo emails to be sent around that time.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I see no mention of Mewtwo in either of those. We may be getting the patch, but what does that have to do with the emails?
I said the Mewtwo patch, not Mewtwo. In order for Mewtwo to be downloaded at all, he must first be patched into the game data.

Or do you assume they will patch the game twice in one day?

Last edited:
Top Bottom