• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZelDan

Smash Master
As far as SE characters are concerned I'd like:

Tifa, Sephiroth, Terra, or Cecil to give FF more love

Crono

Geno

While I never played Nier Automata, 2B looks pretty bad-ass and I'm always down to get more cool chicks in Smash.

That's all that really comes to mind.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Btw, how about we make a new poll here?
The new pass is coming and the speculation has been refreshed!!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Btw, how about we make a new poll here?
The new pass is coming and the speculation has been refreshed!!
That sounds fun. Who should be on it though? I personally think anyone from the original list that has yet to be playable should be included, as well as 2B and Neku. That seems like a nice base 7.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That sounds fun. Who should be on it though? I personally think anyone from the original list that has yet to be playable should be included, as well as 2B and Neku. That seems like a nice base 7.
Maybe add some other FF characters, like Terra, Squall, Zidane, etc.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The title can be changed too, we dont have to put a limit on the number so long as it's .. I dunno, less than 20 I guess.

If we can have a decent list we can then just ask nekoo.
Maybe some could be general, like 'A character from the Mana series', to make it short for some series.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
  1. Geno
  2. Sora
  3. Sephiroth [New FF Rep]
  4. Crono
  5. Lara Croft
  6. 2B
  7. Mana series rep
Seems like an alright list here.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I can't approve a list without terra :D

but I think we could at least have 10 characters anyway.
Well its easy enough to just change sephiroth to "NEW FF REP" and maybe remove black mage for "MANA SERIES REP"

I mean I put 2B on the list just because I see people wanting her however I think she has next to 0 chance compared to other characters on the list

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well its easy enough to just change sephiroth to "NEW FF REP" and maybe remove black mage for "MANA SERIES REP"

I mean I put 2B on the list just because I see people wanting her however I think she has next to 0 chance compared to other characters on the list
I dunno 2B is actually really popular. She got into Soul Calibur too, which I dunno if that's a good thing, but anyway I think she's got a shot for sure, more than some other characters. At this point i really dont know what to expect, though I'd say Geno and Sora are arguably the most popular for smash from SE.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The title can be changed too, we dont have to put a limit on the number so long as it's .. I dunno, less than 20 I guess.

If we can have a decent list we can then just ask nekoo.
Maybe some could be general, like 'A character from the Mana series', to make it short for some series.
I do think that we should have some sort of limit from how many characters can rep a series, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

D

Deleted member

I feel for FF, Terra, Sephiroth and either Black Mage or Tifa would be my go to choices in the poll. A Mana rep should also be considered alongside Lara Croft, JC Denton/Adam Jensen, Agnes Obligue, etc.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I feel for FF, Terra, Sephiroth and either Black Mage or Tifa would be my go to choices in the poll. A Mana rep should also be considered alongside Lara Croft, JC Denton/Adam Jensen, Agnes Obligue, etc.
Nice list, though I would choose Black Mage over Tifa if only because Sephiroth is a thing when it comes to another FFVII rep.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Then how about:
  1. Geno
  2. Sora
  3. Sephiroth
  4. Crono
  5. Lara Croft
  6. 2B
  7. Terra
  8. Mana series character
  9. Another FF character ( Black Mage, Tifa, etc)
  10. Deux Ex character (JC Denton/Adam Jensen)
  11. Agnes Oblige
  12. other
I also wonder if there should be the 'other' choice for people who want to vote beyond that. I dont know if it's worth it, but there are other cool games from SE, like Grandia, Star Ocean, Lufia, Octopath Traveler, and a lot more.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
My proposal for new poll would be:
1.- Sora
2.- Geno
3.- Sephiroth
4.- Crono
5.- 2B
6.- Lara
7.- Neku
8.- Agnes
9.- Terra
10.- Other characters
I'm not sure if other guys like JC, Bub & Bob or the Mana characters are popular enough to guarantee their own poll slots, but everyone else has some decent support base out there.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I imagine if a Square character has a speculation thread, they should probably be at least considered.

Edit:
Also, should the poll be one or two votes? The poll we did before was two, and I think that worked well.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
My proposal for new poll would be:
1.- Sora
2.- Geno
3.- Sephiroth
4.- Crono
5.- 2B
6.- Lara
7.- Neku
8.- Agnes
9.- Terra
10.- Other characters
I'm not sure if other guys like JC, Bub & Bob or the Mana characters are popular enough to guarantee their own poll slots, but everyone else has some decent support base out there.
In that case why would Neku get a slot? the Mana series is actually much bigger than TWEWY

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
In that case why would Neku get a slot? the Mana series is actually much bigger than TWEWY
Three things in particular:
1.- TWEWY is an acclaimed title praised up until these very days.
2.- A port came to Switch not too long ago.
3.- He already had some Smash support. Maybe small, but definitely more than I've seen for anything regarding the Mana series.
I guess I may be ignoring a bunch of stuff, but there's a reason why these are currently proposals.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Three things in particular:
1.- TWEWY is an acclaimed title praised up until these very days.
2.- A port came to Switch not too long ago.
3.- He already had some Smash support. Maybe small, but definitely more than I've seen for anything regarding the Mana series.
I guess I may be ignoring a bunch of stuff, but there's a reason why these are currently proposals.
Well, Secret of Mana was one of the great action rpgs for a long time and acclaimed of its own right. There might've been more mention of neku for smash around, but the mana series is SE's 5th biggest series right after Kingdom Hearts, TWEWY doesn't even come closer.

Really, if it's something, we can easily just add both.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Randy would be cool, ngl
And yes, I think Teeb's final list is perfect.

And I also wanted to say, I kinda missed you guys

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Ahhh, the return of the Square Enix thread. More DLC, more chances for the Seven Squares to converge... and beyond! My first choice and most wanted (Geno) is still the same as ever, but there are a lot of deserving and awesome SE reps that I'd like to see make it in one day. Sephiroth and Sora are especially ones I'd love to see for their fans, and although incredibly unlikely, I'd love to see Crono.

The doors are blown wide open now. My hopes are mainly for seeing Sora and Geno getting in, with Sora appealing to an outside fan base and Geno being a core fan base pick. I also know a lot of people who really want Sora, so seeing him making it in would be tight.

How's everyone enjoying Hero, btw? I never would have expected him to be so freaking insane. Screw the 'buhbuh anime swordsman' argument. He's so unique and varied that he blows the argument of 'anime swordsmen' not having potential to be unique out of the freaking WATER. Who's your preferred alt, too? Mine is Eight... because... well, okay, a good reason why is because I like his design, but there's a bigger force at play. It's very big... in a very small package.

I'd protect him with my life.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ahhh, the return of the Square Enix thread. More DLC, more chances for the Seven Squares to converge... and beyond! My first choice and most wanted (Geno) is still the same as ever, but there are a lot of deserving and awesome SE reps that I'd like to see make it in one day. Sephiroth and Sora are especially ones I'd love to see for their fans, and although incredibly unlikely, I'd love to see Crono.

The doors are blown wide open now. My hopes are mainly for seeing Sora and Geno getting in, with Sora appealing to an outside fan base and Geno being a core fan base pick. I also know a lot of people who really want Sora, so seeing him making it in would be tight.

How's everyone enjoying Hero, btw? I never would have expected him to be so freaking insane. Screw the 'buhbuh anime swordsman' argument. He's so unique and varied that he blows the argument of 'anime swordsmen' not having potential to be unique out of the freaking WATER. Who's your preferred alt, too? Mine is Eight... because... well, okay, a good reason why is because I like his design, but there's a bigger force at play. It's very big... in a very small package.

I always championed in favor of DQ, but I never expected Hero to end up this unique. Fantastic surprise.

DQ8 Hero is objectively the best alt because he's the human version of Bandana Dee and he has good old Munchie with him.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

Respectable choices. :3
It's good to see you again!

I love Hero. I use the DQ3 standard alt! My absolute fav. I love Munchie too <3

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Respectable choices. :3
It's good to see you again!

I love Hero. I use the DQ3 standard alt! My absolute fav. I love Munchie too <3
Honestly, after all of the speculation, I can't help but have a soft spot for Arusu. Even Luminary and his greasy-ass hair has a special heart in my heart. The only one I don't have a more sentimental connection to yet is Solo... but that's probably because I vastly prefer Sofia rofl. She's so cute. Wish she could've been an alt.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Hi Oval, hope you're doing alright.

The more we talk about all the kinds of SE reps, the more I feel like so many of them would be great and I think the best would actually be a crossover game from SE themselves to have all of them. :p

I have mixed feelings about the hero, as some people might know. One is that nowadays I mostly always want to play as a gal if I can, and it really didn't jive with me that they didn't even add the models for the female versions in smash one way or another. I can't even talk about it on smashboards too much because people think i'm making some kind of argument instead of me speaking from my heart and my own vantage point. I think it's great that dq made it in smash, but it's bittersweet for me because I can't carry most of my personal link to it. I think the play style is very fun for casual, but even my friends around have a pretty big distaste for the character (competitive side), and I find that sad, and don't connect to flashing the hero in their face to tease or upset them. So, all in all, it's actually a pretty big blow because I have trouble appreciating the positive about it. I play with the character once in a while for a bit of fun, but move pretty quick to keep enjoying myself.
I probably use eight and luminary the most in smash, surprisingly.
I'm for the most part over it, because in the end my goal is to enjoy myself, so even if something is really unfortunate, it's not worth dwelling on it.

And now I'm back wondering about what kinds of chances there are for more SE characters, since it really is one of my favorite companies for games :)
As not good as they are with some things, there's just so many great game series from them. (helps to be an rpg fan ;p)

I wonder how many dlc sakurai will keep working on.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hi Oval, hope you're doing alright.

The more we talk about all the kinds of SE reps, the more I feel like so many of them would be great and I think the best would actually be a crossover game from SE themselves to have all of them. :p

I have mixed feelings about the hero, as some people might know. One is that nowadays I mostly always want to play as a gal if I can, and it really didn't jive with me that they didn't even add the models for the female versions in smash one way or another. I can't even talk about it on smashboards too much because people think i'm making some kind of argument instead of me speaking from my heart and my own vantage point. I think it's great that dq made it in smash, but it's bittersweet for me because I can't carry most of my personal link to it. I think the play style is very fun for casual, but even my friends around have a pretty big distaste for the character (competitive side), and I find that sad, and don't connect to flashing the hero in their face to tease or upset them. So, all in all, it's actually a pretty big blow because I have trouble appreciating the positive about it. I play with the character once in a while for a bit of fun, but move pretty quick to keep enjoying myself.
I probably use eight and luminary the most in smash, surprisingly.
I'm for the most part over it, because in the end my goal is to enjoy myself, so even if something is really unfortunate, it's not worth dwelling on it.

And now I'm back wondering about what kinds of chances there are for more SE characters, since it really is one of my favorite companies for games :)
As not good as they are with some things, there's just so many great game series from them. (helps to be an rpg fan ;p)

I wonder how many dlc sakurai will keep working on.
Aw, whaaat? That's such a shame. :( I was really hoping we'd get the female alts, too. Fem!Arusu and Sofia would've been great. Sorry to hear your excitement for Hero had been dampened so badly, though. Maybe another SE rep you like being added would help to ease that? (There's also the slime hat, which is impossible to look at without smiling. LOOK AT THOSE JIGGLE PHYSICS. THEY GIVE ME LIFE.)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Aw, whaaat? That's such a shame. :( I was really hoping we'd get the female alts, too. Fem!Arusu and Sofia would've been great. Sorry to hear your excitement for Hero had been dampened so badly, though. Maybe another SE rep you like being added would help to ease that? (There's also the slime hat, which is impossible to look at without smiling. LOOK AT THOSE JIGGLE PHYSICS. THEY GIVE ME LIFE.)
I wouldn't have minded seeing even more of slime ;p

Honestly at this point I just want to see a female character show up that I'd enjoy the playstyle, even if it's not from a series I play. :O
I think besides SE, most of the series i'd like to see are from nintendo themselves, so hopefully they make a bunch more dlc and have some nintendo in the mix ;)

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Btw, if the poll is open, will it have a limit on number of chars you can vote?
Will the poll be who are you rooting for or who do you think it's the most likely?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Btw, if the poll is open, will it have a limit on number of chars you can vote?
Will the poll be who are you rooting for or who do you think it's the most likely?
I dont know if there's a point for who's more likely, there'd be barely any votes for some. I think it'd be more interesting to be about who we're rooting for, who we'd like.

How do other people feel about it? We talked about it before but i'm curious what people think now, and it's basically the last thing we need to know.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I dont know if there's a point for who's more likely, there'd be barely any votes for some. I think it'd be more interesting to be about who we're rooting for, who we'd like.

How do other people feel about it? We talked about it before but i'm curious what people think now, and it's basically the last thing we need to know.
Well, what people consider most likely can change depending on statements, leaks, and generally stuff that gets revealed. What people want is more likely to stay the same, so I'd go for most wanteds.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well Geno fans, I think with extra characters being added. Geno has a really good shot at being added as DLC. It is suspicious that his Mii costume hasn’t made a return, and SMRPG music has been copyrighted by Nintendo recently. So it might mean Geno is coming. :)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well Geno fans, I think with extra characters being added. Geno has a really good shot at being added as DLC. It is suspicious that his Mii costume hasn’t made a return, and SMRPG music has been copyrighted by Nintendo recently. So it might mean Geno is coming. :)
I sincerely hope so! Bee-tee-dubs, I know Sora fans really want their guy... and I really think that if we get Geno, we'll get Sora, too. We just have to. I ain't even a Sora fan myself, but it's hard to see a future where Geno gets in and Sora doesn't. I'd say things look extremely good for Sora, even if Geno makes it. The doors are wide open.

All I'm missing is Geno for this to be the perfect Smash game. If I get him, I literally will not ask Sakurai for anything ever again. I will be beyond satisfied and everyone else that we get will just be a cool bonus. He's all I'm missing. Go, Geno!!

D

Deleted member

Regarding the costume, I feel it could always reappear. After all, the remaining missing costumes are either from Fighting games (Heihachi, Akira, Jacky), RPGs (Geno, Chocobo hat, Gil, Lloyd, MH and arguably BN megaman) and MMX.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Regarding the costume, I feel it could always reappear. After all, the remaining missing costumes are either from Fighting games (Heihachi, Akira, Jacky), RPGs (Geno, Chocobo hat, Gil, Lloyd, MH and arguably BN megaman) and MMX.
I'm curious about why the chocobo hat didn't make a come back too, but maybe it'll come along a next SE rep :)

D

Deleted member

I'm curious about why the chocobo hat didn't make a come back too, but maybe it'll come along a next SE rep :)
I'm personally thinking of the last character being from an RPG, who knows who will be:p

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
The poll really should be updated.
Wait, you mean it should be up live now?
Bc I still see the old one.

I 100% think that is the case.

Just one thing though. I know this sounds silly, but I really don't see the reason to consider Sora for the polling and even when looking at how DLCs should work. As much as consultation is done with Nomura, he is a Disney character, not SE. And I honestly think he is pretty much locked (no pun intended).

I think there is someone else other than Sora coming.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wait, you mean it should be up live now?
Bc I still see the old one.

I 100% think that is the case.

Just one thing though. I know this sounds silly, but I really don't see the reason to consider Sora for the polling and even when looking at how DLCs should work. As much as consultation is done with Nomura, he is a Disney character, not SE. And I honestly think he is pretty much locked (no pun intended).

I think there is someone else other than Sora coming.
Sora is a big time contender, so I definitely think it's better to let people vote for him, especially since the way it's heading it could be about who we'd like to have in. I also think that lots of people will say disney would be ok with it. who knows.
The poll isn't up yet, but I messaged Nekoo Nekoo about it.

I think most people will be good with this list:

1. Geno
  2. Sora
  3. Sephiroth
  4. Crono
  5. Lara Croft
  6. 2B
  7. Terra
  8. Mana series character
  9. Another FF character ( Black Mage, Tifa, etc)
  10. Deux Ex character (JC Denton/Adam Jensen)
  11. Agnes Oblige
  12. Neku
    Other

Last edited:
Top Bottom