• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think this is a fitting thread to post this. I made a few Tifa sprites.
Cool. I also see you have made your own Sora wearing Geno clothing pixel art for your icon.

Character fusions are becoming so common in both this thread and in the Geno thread that I am half wondering what people would seriously think the result of these fusions would actually be. Like, if they were to actually happen for real beyond clothing adoption.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Cool. I also see you have made your own Sora wearing Geno clothing pixel art for your icon.

Character fusions are becoming so common in both this thread and in the Geno thread that I am half wondering what people would seriously think the result of these fusions would actually be. Like, if they were to actually happen for real beyond clothing adoption.
It's a coping mechanism.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Havent found real fusions, tho I mean, there is this mario, to get an idea:
https://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/srends/58227c138c35f.jpg

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wait a hecking minute. I just realized something.

Tansut responded to the 5chan leak with Joker's and Erdrick's Fighter's Pass contents saying the character and two alts were correct, right? It also lists stages and other small details, to which he never responded. Along with that, according to Fatman, insiders are presuming DQ was in planning for a long time, probably even for base game before Square decided to be Square.

What if we are indeed getting Erdrick, but... he's miscellaneous DLC? What if he isn't a part of the Fighter's Pass? That seems really unlikely to me, but what if that ended up happening? If Erdrick was planned for base game and another character was planned for Fighter's Pass, given Sakurai's claim that there were no added or removed characters in the project plan, either that other character or Erdrick would logically become misc. DLC of some kind, right?

Just some food for thought.

D

Deleted member

Tansut responded to the 5chan leak with Joker's and Erdrick's Fighter's Pass contents saying the character and two alts were correct, right? It also lists stages and other small details, to which he never responded. Along with that, according to Fatman, insiders are presuming DQ was in planning for a long time, probably even for base game before Square decided to be Square.

What if we are indeed getting Erdrick, but... he's miscellaneous DLC? What if he isn't a part of the Fighter's Pass? That seems really unlikely to me, but what if that ended up happening? If Erdrick was planned for base game and another character was planned for Fighter's Pass, given Sakurai's claim that there were no added or removed characters in the project plan, either that other character or Erdrick would logically become misc. DLC of some kind, right?

Tansut only confirmed the DQ character and that it was going to have male and female alts, he said he didn't know if there were going to be specific alts, moveset, or the stage. And it seems he also didn't specify which of the two leaks he was talking about.

While there is the possibility of miscellaneous DLC fighters, I don't think we'll see any until the fighter pass is finished. I would imagine that announcing them at this point wouldn't have a good reaction unless its free.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I imagine non-pass fighters being ones which don't need new stages or music, and a fighter from a new third-party series absolutely would.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think this is a fitting thread to post this. I made a few Tifa sprites.
I love it omg also nice pfp!
-

If that means even more characters then that would be great for sure

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

As interesting as that may be, I think if Erdrick were to become the misc. DLC, they'd repackage the Fighters Pass at some point later to include him. (Maybe have him at a discount price for a limited time for those who got the FP).

Although I wouldn't put it past Square to want to receive every last penny from the DLC, thus not being happy about their Character being worth less if it's being bundled.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Erdrick/Sora is in the fighter pass, Geno side DLC as Nintendo would totally say they wouldn't take Erdrick/Sora unless they also got Geno.

I can see Geno not really needing his own stage as I'm sure they would just consider him part of the Mario franchise.

D

Deleted member

Erdrick/Sora is in the fighter pass, Geno side DLC as Nintendo would totally say they wouldn't take Erdrick/Sora unless they also got Geno.
Out of curiosity, why would Nintendo say that they wont take Erdrick/Sora without Geno? They already got him before as a costume, and now as a spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I can see Geno not really needing his own stage as I'm sure they would just consider him part of the Mario franchise.
LOL, Nintendo would absolutely not say that; you think of their love of Geno too highly.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But it is a real possibility that Nintendo knows the popularity of Geno, knows the popularity is enough to make him a fighter, but not big enough to use him to advertise the fighter pass. So someone like Sora in Nintendo's eyes would be better advertising wise for the fighter pass. When Geno would be a better side DLC. It's all about getting the most people you can to buy the fighter pass up front before everything is revealed.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace

The Mii guy leak was stating that might happen actually.
People are forgetting but that one is one of the three biggest leaks in Japanese smash community alongside Vergeben and the DOOM leak.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The Mii guy leak was stating that might happen actually.
People are forgetting but that one is one of the three biggest leaks in Japanese smash community alongside Vergeben and the DOOM leak.
Yeah, I don't put any stock in that leak whatsoever. If the person actually knew something, they would refer to Geno by his name instead of just 'Mii guy'. They'd know who the heck Geno was. It's an obvious fake based on that alone.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah I don't know about that one. Just like every other popular leak it just seems to be piggybacking off what people already think to seem credible. Adding a few personal things to stand out, and calling it a day.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
It’s really interesting to me the difference in reaction towards this leak between the west and Japan.
DOOM leak in Japan got big and believed because of how disappointing the lineups are.
The Mii guy one was believed because of that Mii guy part and the Castlevania part.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s really interesting to me the difference in reaction towards this leak between the west and Japan.
DOOM leak in Japan got big and believed because of how disappointing the lineups are.
The Mii guy one was believed because of that Mii guy part.
Is Geno that "popular" there to make those jokes?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The Mii guy one was believed because of that Mii guy part and the Castlevennia part.
Absurd to me.
If this Mii guy is so all-knowing and knows every industry secret regarding Smash, he's gonna know Geno's ****ing name.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The Mii guy one was believed because of that Mii guy part and the Castlevennia part.
The DOOM leak was kinda big and believed here for similar reasons, though. I've mostly seen disappointed reactions out of that, usually coupled with, "I wouldn't be surprised if this was the real roster," setting themselves up for a sad lineup.

The Mii guy one is contradictory. If the person knew that much about such high-up business deals, they would know who Geno is. The fact that they don't and just refer to him as 'Mii guy' makes their status as someone who would know this stuff pretty unbelievable.

People shouldn't fall for leaks so easily. Keep your expectations tempered and use logic to the best of your ability to deduce whether leaks are even plausible. That being said, it is really interesting to me, too, to see the differences between the west and east in response to these different leaks.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Is the DOOM leak that 5ch post that claims to know every character, every stage, and every release date with the announcements they are suppose to correspond with?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
He is popular. But only in smash bubble.
I don’t see his name outside of smash fandom.
I see DQ tho.
Sounds about right. From my perusal of Geno's fanbase in the east (mostly to ogle over fan content), it seems he has a chunky, yet quiet fanbase outside of Smash, but a very vocal and large Smash fanbase.

So, basically... the exact same kinda thing we have in the west. Pretty interesting.

Maybe it’s translation issue but the wordings in that leak sound making fun of Geno.
Given most of the leak was about Geno's situation and not even dropping his name (translation issues wouldn't be a problem and his kana would be easy to locate and point out), it sounds rather biased, which is a big point against it then. If they're making fun of Geno and not name-dropping him, acting like they don't know his name, then it's probably someone making stuff up to stir the Geno fanbase's pot and ruffle some feathers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And only because it mentions Joker and One leaker dude said he only believed the Dragon Quest part of it?
Are you referring to the Tansut thing? There were two "leaks" regarding Erdrick and Joker from 5ch, one had the 5 DLC characters and other one only had Joker plus Erdrick. Info in both regarding Joker plus Erdrick was practically the same, Tansut only mentioned hearing about the DQ character and that it had male and female variants but was unsure of the rest of the info. He didn't confirm anything else nor said anything regarding which leak he was referring to, only the DQ character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Are you referring to the Tansut thing? There were two "leaks" regarding Erdrick and Joker from 5ch, one had the 5 DLC characters and other one only had Joker plus Erdrick. Info in both regarding Joker plus Erdrick was practically the same, Tansut only mentioned hearing about the DQ character and that it had male and female variants but was unsure of the rest of the info. He didn't confirm anything else nor said anything regarding which leak he was referring to, only the DQ character.
I didn't see the one that only had the two, do you have a link to it or something? was it anonymous or someone known?

Last edited:
Top Bottom