• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I am just curious why they would do it now when they have literally never done it before for well over two decades. If it was all just for the sake of anniversary, then they would have started doing this years ago.
The SNES Classic had been released relatively recently. If you really need a reason, perhaps it's just because SMRPG was now in more peoples mind.
An anniversary tweet doesn't need to actually be every year.

D

Deleted member

I just mentioned the SNES classic since its a recent product that has the game. I just thought that since the tweet was done at SMRPG anniversary after the release of the SNES classic, it was a shoutout considering that there is a product that has SMRPG on it. Don't think this affects anything at all since as Joker shown, we never saw him coming and whoever comes next is probably going to be the same.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I wonder if sora got in would he have to have Disney references or no?
A few pages back I posted a reasoning why I believe it not to be so, but to put it in a nutshell:
The lack of any FF related content on top of Spirits not having any Lore texts means that if Sora gets in they don't have to.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
A few pages back I posted a reasoning why I believe it not to be so, but to put it in a nutshell:
The lack of any FF related content on top of Spirits not having any Lore texts means that if Sora gets in they don't have to.
FFVII Is still referenced outside of Cloud. Sora's default Keyblade has a Mickey keychain, for instance.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The thing is Crono doesn't need anything to fill missing moves. If an unique gameplay mechanic from his game were to be represented in his moveset, it would be in Double Techs.
Crono's moveset problem is that he has TOO MUCH stuff, I mean, he can have, like, 4 different Final Smashes depending on the direction you wanna go.
Again, I was just explaining HOW the time travel thing could work, I'm not saying it's needed anywhere. Also i don't think that's a problem lol, that's just huge moveset potential, which i'm sure some characters already in smash had such situation going on as well and sakurai decided well on which moves mixed the best for a smash moveset. It would be a problem if he actually had not much to do, but then again sakurai has pleased with very simple characters on his own unique ideas for movesets for them… i don't think movesets overall is something anyone should worry about with Sakurai's creativity lol

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't get why it always devolves into that.
Let's have a debate on the ****in Luminary for once or something.
That's what we do everyday man, lmfao. This might as well be Dragon Quest General xD. Besides; the tweet is pretty suspect. Companies don't just do random twenty second anniversary tweets

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Luminary's hair looks gross and unwashed. It looks greasy, flat, and just ew.

Prove me wrong, I dare you. Come at me. I'm a ripped banana duck and I don't take no ****. LET'S TUSSLE.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That's what we do everyday man, lmfao. This might as well be Dragon Quest General xD. Besides; the tweet is pretty suspect. Companies don't just do random twenty second anniversary tweets
To suggest it has a deeper meaning than celebrating an anniversary is silly, though. The twitter teams aren't run by people in the know, if they know anything, it's only a couple days/hours before we do. Somebody on the Twitter team probably likes SMRPG, knew it was the anniversary and asked if they could do something for it. It doesn't have to mean anything.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Okay, so the tweet may mean nothing.

I still find that question on the HQ app interesting, though; the whole survey-question-whatever thing was Nintendo-sponsored. "In which of these games is one of the main characters a possessed doll?" SMRPG is the correct answer, and it gives Geno's name afterwards.

Really, I could care less if they mean anything (other than perhaps trying to make Geno/SMRPG more well-known, but tbh you'd think they'd mention SMRPG more-often, then), at the very least it's nice that they bring it up at all, instead of continuing to ignore it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Again, I was just explaining HOW the time travel thing could work, I'm not saying it's needed anywhere. Also i don't think that's a problem lol, that's just huge moveset potential, which i'm sure some characters already in smash had such situation going on as well and sakurai decided well on which moves mixed the best for a smash moveset. It would be a problem if he actually had not much to do, but then again sakurai has pleased with very simple characters on his own unique ideas for movesets for them… i don't think movesets overall is something anyone should worry about with Sakurai's creativity lol
I'm feeling that you want a character more for the potential moveset(a moveset completely unrelated to Crono as time traveller =/= time manipulator) rather than liking the character. Crono has a lot of moves with magic, swords, and techs in combination with party members to create a satisfying moveset, there is no need to add something totally unrelated to the character. If you haven't played CT, I would recommend it. It's 15-20 hrs long, and is one of the greatest JRPGS on the SNES.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Did you (as well as the rest of you) even see my comment about Funimation's obvious campaign for Goku?
I mean... it's not impossible that people at NoA is pushing for Geno

D

Deleted member

Gotta say talking about 18, for all the jokes about Krillin dying every time he sure got a great looking wife and a family.
You're looking too much into things.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Due to some of the latest Square Shenanigans I want to ask; If DQ could only get in if Nintendo pulled out of supporting tournaments, what option would you choose?

D

Deleted member

No, I'm not. But there's been some breaking news in regards to Dragon Quest or any of the Dragon Ball guy's characters getting into Smash. I could not explain it sufficiently; but yeah, check the Geno page.
That's Toei as a whole though, isn't it? How much did Toriyama have to do with the decision?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
FighterZ=/=Dragon Quest
Toei has no power over the latter because it's not a licensed product. Don't know what's wrong with Fatmanonice and those other guys at the Geno thread, but whoever thinks that's an issue isn't doing research.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Fatman wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't important. I don't know the exact legal in's and out's, but I'm taking his word that this is important. He say's the DQ support within the leaker community has been shaken up quite a bit with this development.

Top Bottom