• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Also I saw some talk on here that there might be two Square characters for DLC. As much as I would love that to be true, that’s just not how Square does things. They are incredibly stingy, if it weren’t for cross promotion we wouldn’t even be getting a 2nd Square character. Square always does the bare minimum they can do so they can get cross promotion. So as great as it would be to get 2 Square characters it’s extremely unlikely to happen, hopefully we get some Mii costumes though and more than 2 songs this time.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised, even if I'm still hopeful for Geno to maybe make an appearance in the future. They've been making some moves that have come across as uncharacteristic to me. Their newest KHIII DLC is going to be freeLC, which baffles me when they could make heavy bank off of making it paid content. They're stingy, yet they've allowed Geno's and Mallow's spirits in the base game.

I dunno, though. Geno is kind of a totally different beast from any other rep, given his involvement in the Mario series and his presence already being in the base game alone. That could mean nothing for his chances, or it could still mean something.

... That's just my heart trying to find some kind of glimmer of hope, though. :drsad: His chances are so bleak, especially given Square's track record. Maybe they'll surprise us, or maybe I should just give up. Ughhh.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Also, a third party game being revealed for Switch doesn't mean jack squat about chances or not. If that's the cause then Joker would not have appeared since we don't have Persona 5 on the Switch nor a Persona 5r confirmed for Switch either (or Cloud for Smash 4 for that matter) If getting on Switch means a character could get in, then I guess Goku is getting in because the latest Dragon Ball fighting game is on Switch. The same goes for Doom Guy because of the recent Doom or Dovakhin because of Skyrim and the list goes on.
The Western releases of DQXI S and the Switch version of Builders 2 are being published by Nintendo themselves, not by Square Enix. That doesn't have to mean anything, but it's a different situation from just some third-party game. DQ isn't quite in the same position as Bayonetta, but Nintendo does have more of a stake in it than most third parties.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Their newest KHIII DLC is going to be freeLC, which baffles me when they could make heavy bank off of making it paid content.
That's the free update variant. The actual meaty DLC is still gonna cost.
They're stingy, yet they've allowed Geno's and Mallow's spirits in the base game.
That's because they actually own the artwork for them properly. If it were like FF, you can bet we wouldn't be seeing even those. They'd be too stingy to pay the royalties for a cross promotion title.

There's plenty of reason why there's doubt of there even being an SE character fighter in this game other than Cloud.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I might think geno doesnt have a high chance it it wasn't that we got a mii costume in smash 4.
Music seems to be what they're most picky about.

It's march now. Getting closer to possible crucial info about some things. :)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I might think geno doesnt have a high chance it it wasn't that we got a mii costume in smash 4.
Music seems to be what they're most picky about.

It's march now. Getting closer to possible crucial info about some things. :)
Eh, if anything, I have a bad feeling it just means the costume is all we're getting, if they're even nice enough to give us that. He might just stay downgraded down to a PNG, for all we know.

It's worse, too, because this game makes it feel so 'now or never' for Geno, you know? If he doesn't make it this time and he and Mallow aren't brought back outside of Smash, that's just it. They'll basically just be dead in the water forever in my eyes.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Eh, if anything, I have a bad feeling it just means the costume is all we're getting, if they're even nice enough to give us that. He might just stay downgraded down to a PNG, for all we know.

It's worse, too, because this game makes it feel so 'now or never' for Geno, you know? If he doesn't make it this time and he and Mallow aren't brought back outside of Smash, that's just it. They'll basically just be dead in the water forever in my eyes.
Well, it's always best to look on the brighter side. At least he has something of a presence in Smash at the moment. Which is more than can be said for the likes of Phoenix Wright or Sephiroth (not even the iconic theme dang).

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Sure, that's possible, but I'd find it really weird if sakurai would neglect him that much, especially with 'everyone is here'. The 3rd party mii costumes are late, but maybe there's a reason for that, or maybe we'll just get back the costume a little later. But yeah who knows, it's not always perfect. We'll see with time. It's one reason I dont put my eggs all in one basket tho. I just hope we get a cool SE rep.

I have no clue about future smash, but even if sakurai would take a break, i feel the series is just too strong for there not to be a next one. and i still think a second wave of dlc is def possible.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Sure, that's possible, but I'd find it really weird if sakurai would neglect him that much, especially with 'everyone is here'.
As much as anyone from any fanbase may feel that way, "Everyone Is Here" doesn't really mean that everyone from every single nook and cranny was gonna show up. Geno is cool, don't get me wrong, but he's not really seen as some significant pillar of Mario's history by the general consensus.

Also, let's not act like Sakurai always calls the shots on every little thing, and "neglect" is an iffy term, seeing how it's not like anything is owed to any particular character.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, it's always best to look on the brighter side. At least he has something of a presence in Smash at the moment. Which is more than can be said for the likes of Phoenix Wright or Sephiroth (not even the iconic theme dang).
That's true, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. At least Phoenix and Sephiroth have presences in the current day outside of Smash, and they won't be fading from it any time soon. Geno has literally nothing, as does Mallow. There's just... nothing for them, and it's painful.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
That's true, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. At least Phoenix and Sephiroth have presences in the current day outside of Smash, and they won't be fading from it any time soon. Geno has literally nothing, as does Mallow. There's just... nothing for them, and it's painful.
Y'know, something has gotten me thinking. Most people scoff at the idea of a Mario spin-off/RPG character joining the roster for obvious reasons. Geno though, funnily enough is a bit of an exception, seeing how hes' technically 3rd party.

Almost have to wonder. If Geno were still within just Nintendo and showed up in other spin-off titles, if his request for Smash would be as big as it is now. Not to say there wouldn't be requests for him still, but I do notice that a lot of motivation does come from the hopes that a Smash appearance would revitalize him.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As much as anyone from any fanbase may feel that way, "Everyone Is Here" doesn't really mean that everyone from every single nook and cranny was gonna show up. Geno is cool, don't get me wrong, but he's not really seen as some significant pillar of Mario's history by the general consensus.

Also, let's not act like Sakurai always calls the shots on every little thing, and "neglect" is an iffy term, seeing how it's not like anything is owed to any particular character.
I also meant everyone is here being in terms of bringing everyone back too. I think they would bring the mii costumes back too, or they could have plans with those characters too. Not for sure, of course. But I just think we can't count those out.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
1st Party mii costumes? Of course! But 3rd party mii costumes were always going to be put through the money wringer again.
That can make sense. I just hope they dont wait a long time for them. I know there was talk about the mii costume not too long ago.

Smrpg was one of my favorite games, so it was disappointing not to get more, but im no longer investing the same feelings in it because it's good to look for things you know are coming. We all deserve to feel good about things, and when we invest too much on something that might not happen it's no fun :/
Saying that knowing most of us are hoping for some characters or other. Nothing wrong with that by itself.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Y'know, something has gotten me thinking. Most people scoff at the idea of a Mario spin-off/RPG character joining the roster for obvious reasons. Geno though, funnily enough is a bit of an exception, seeing how hes' technically 3rd party.

Almost have to wonder. If Geno were still within just Nintendo and showed up in other spin-off titles, if his request for Smash would be as big as it is now. Not to say there wouldn't be requests for him still, but I do notice that a lot of motivation does come from the hopes that a Smash appearance would revitalize him.
I'd think that would likely put him up there with Waluigi, if he hadn't already made it in by now. I frankly think we would have gotten him in as a result, perhaps even with Mallow in tow.

With him being owned by Square and unused for so long, though, it... definitely amplifies the demand with that sense of desperation and pleading on hands and knees.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
but im no longer investing the same feelings in it because it's good to look for things you know are coming.
Best of luck with Dragon Quest then. My condolences if/when it may not get in Smash.
That can make sense. I just hope they dont wait a long time for them. I know there was talk about the mii costume not too long ago.
With how well Smash Ultimate is doing financially, they're not under any pressure to release them fast.
I'd think that would likely put him up there with Waluigi, if he hadn't already made it in by now. I frankly think we would have gotten him in as a result, perhaps even with Mallow in tow.

With him being owned by Square and unused for so long, though, it... definitely amplifies the demand with that sense of desperation and pleading on hands and knees.
Yeah, the point here is that honestly, outside of Geno, almost everything else from SMRPG has kinda fallen into toal obscurity. And even Geno himself is kinda niche. I do wonder that if he were still with Nintendo, if his recognition would've carried on as much. As cases like King K.Rool have shown, sometimes those that haven't shown up in a while are the ones with bolstered demand.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Best of luck with Dragon Quest then. My condolences if/when it may not get in Smash.

With how well Smash Ultimate is doing financially, they're not under any pressure to release them fast.

Yeah, the point here is that honestly, outside of Geno, almost everything else from SMRPG has kinda fallen into toal obscurity. And even Geno himself is kinda niche. I do wonder that if he were still with Nintendo, if his recognition would've carried on as much. As cases like King K.Rool have shown, sometimes those that haven't shown up in a while are the ones with bolstered demand.
I hope it happens too. But at least there's tons of games like it and stuff to play outside of smash. Smash is still probably one of the most important game to me, so yeah having a character i really like would be a big boost.

Good point about not needing to release them early. Still would be nice :)
Hoping there's even more cool ones once they do.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised, even if I'm still hopeful for Geno to maybe make an appearance in the future. They've been making some moves that have come across as uncharacteristic to me. Their newest KHIII DLC is going to be freeLC, which baffles me when they could make heavy bank off of making it paid content. They're stingy, yet they've allowed Geno's and Mallow's spirits in the base game.

I dunno, though. Geno is kind of a totally different beast from any other rep, given his involvement in the Mario series and his presence already being in the base game alone. That could mean nothing for his chances, or it could still mean something.

... That's just my heart trying to find some kind of glimmer of hope, though. :drsad: His chances are so bleak, especially given Square's track record. Maybe they'll surprise us, or maybe I should just give up. Ughhh.
I honestly wouldn’t count Geno out, just yet :). As iv stated before to EarlTamm EarlTamm & AugustusB AugustusB Geno has that unknown factor.

What I mean by that, is in a statistical setting there is always a chance for outliers. Outliers can be defined as an observation that lies outside the overall pattern. In this case Geno is an outlier, even though he looks very unlikely he does have a small chance of happening. As companies can be unpredictable, and may make a decision outside their normal business patterns.

Square might choose him as an act of goodwill and out of nostalgia. As Disney has shown many times nostalgia sells, and if there is a secret partnership between Square and Nintendo for a new SMRPG then his chances will definitely shoot way up.

So I wouldn’t give up on Geno, you never know maybe he’s been the second Square rep all this time :).

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I honestly wouldn’t count Geno out, just yet :). As iv stated before to EarlTamm EarlTamm & AugustusB AugustusB Geno has that unknown factor.

What I mean by that, is in a statistical setting there is always a chance for outliers. Outliers can be defined as an observation that lies outside the overall pattern. In this case Geno is an outlier, even though he looks very unlikely he does have a small chance of happening. As companies can be unpredictable, and may make a decision outside their normal business patterns.

Square might choose him as an act of goodwill and out of nostalgia. As Disney has shown many times nostalgia sells, and if there is a secret partnership between Square and Nintendo for a new SMRPG then his chances will definitely shoot way up.

So I wouldn’t give up on Geno, you never know maybe he’s been the second Square rep all this time :).
*Appears from a Box* Showtime!

A.G.L. A.G.L. you keep bringing up good points. Especially with the whole Injustice 2 debacle. Though I was not really a fan of Spawn, I could not deny that he was going to be a character in that game.

Yet as we know...that did not happen. As certain as we are of a character, NO ONE is a guarantee until they are revealed with their fanfare blaring.

Decided to return to my Snake persona...this feels right.

Hope everyone here is doing good!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

A.G.L. A.G.L. you keep bringing up good points. Especially with the whole Injustice 2 debacle. Though I was not really a fan of Spawn, I could not deny that he was going to be a character in that game.

Yet as we know...that did not happen. As certain as we are of a character, NO ONE is a guarantee until they are revealed with their fanfare blaring.

I will not lie, the moment I saw you go back to your Snake icon, I got pie related flashbacks.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I missed your Snake icon and this does me a very good. :drflip:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You know, looking back on all of the discussions over the course of Joker being revealed and the last Nintendo Direct...It would not have made sense to reveal Erdrick in that direct, IF he is happening.

They revealed details about the Switch version of DQ XI and it all sounds awesome! (I stopped playing the playstation one after the direct, because man, PS4 users are getting cheated lol)

And one of those features is new scenarios for your party. This makes me think there will be a scenario with Erdrick in some fashion.

That of course, if Erdrick makes a special appearance in DQ XI. Also, I only got 10 hours in that game soooo...No spoils.

Again, will be happy for any Square Rep, but will not be surprised if we get none. The ULTIMATE surprise...there was none... :(

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What would make me buy Erdrick is if they bundled Geno's Mii costume with him because, honestly, he's got next to no chance in the pass as a playable character. I just want the Mii costume back for this first and possibly only wave.
I’m really hoping that there will be Mii Fighter costumes included in the DLC Pass.

I really want a lot of Mii Fighter costumes based on actual Nintendo characters and third-party characters since the majority of them will never be playable fighters anyway.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I’m really hoping that there will be Mii Fighter costumes included in the DLC Pass.

I really want a lot of Mii Fighter costumes based on actual Nintendo characters and third-party characters since the majority of them will never be playable fighters anyway.
Well this is the last piece of news we had about that. I dont think we got more after, but im thinking it could be something they talk about in the next smash direct, They made 3.0 sound mysterious so there's probably stuff they wanna tell us about that too.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well this is the last piece of news we had about that. I dont think we got more after, but im thinking it could be something they talk about in the next smash direct, They made 3.0 sound mysterious so there's probably stuff they wanna tell us about that too.
It is interesting that they are making 3.0.0 a big deal. I bet there will be mii costumes. I am gonna take a BIG shot in the dark and say there will be more spirits added to collect. It would make sense for the DLC characters to come with them, but to also just add more for the different updates.

Also...maaaaybe Home Run Contest? Please and thank you.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if we get additional spirits for the dlc characters, if these will include Nintendo spirits. There are a few characters missing that could potentially be added like Porky, Torna from XB2, Pokemon, hunters from Metroid like Sylux, and so on.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

And then it ends up with every character in the supposed 7 Square character gets in xD (not serious for obvious reason)
But in all seriousness. I do hope that if we get more fighter passes that we at least get one more square character.

I honestly don't get why they aren't using Waluigi in more than just the party and sports titles. They clearly know that he is popular enough to put him in every spinoff title of the series I mention since his debut, and he is clearly popular enough to be an AT. Put him in Wario Ware, make him and Wario an antagonist instead of Bowser in a Mario & Luigi RPG game or heck make him a playable character in a Wario Ware game ala parody for Super Mario Bros type of game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wonder if we get additional spirits for the dlc characters, if these will include Nintendo spirits. There are a few characters missing that could potentially be added like Porky, Torna from XB2, Pokemon, hunters from Metroid like Sylux, and so on.
While I dont think there'll be extra nintendo spirits out of nowhere, i could see a few related ones coming with the dlc packs. I wonder if they'd add challenges in world of light too. We just need to see what happens with joker :)

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nice! Hope there will be about 40-50 Mii costumes and headgears as DLC like in Smash 4.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I've tried making more Miis on my Switch and I just can't muster up the energy. I miss being able to scan QR codes for other fanmade Miis with my 3DS so much.

The Mii Maker on the Switch actually has tons more options now, once you decide to peek around in it, but because Nintendo themselves have downplayed it so much in the Switch era then an option for sharing and downloading Miis isn't really a priority for them. It's a shame, I found a great Metroid Mii (as in, the head resembled a Metroid) that I used in the Wii U days to pretend that Metroid finally got another character in Smash 4, but I can't be bothered to recreate it even though I'd like it along with the newcomers Ridley and Dark Samus. Then there's stuff like being able to download convincing-looking Miis for the costumes we have, like Takamaru, Isaac, and Lip, to get me to use the Miis more often. As of now, I only have the Miis you get from World of Light, who aren't interesting in and of themselves.

If I could somehow port the Miis I had from my 3DS and Wii U, then I'd love using them more often. Right now I don't want to recreate them all from scratch, however. If the 3.0.0 update has more Mii costumes that I personally like, then I might get around to making more, even if it'll take work.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I've tried making more Miis on my Switch and I just can't muster up the energy. I miss being able to scan QR codes for other fanmade Miis with my 3DS so much.

The Mii Maker on the Switch actually has tons more options now, once you decide to peek around in it, but because Nintendo themselves have downplayed it so much in the Switch era then an option for sharing and downloading Miis isn't really a priority for them. It's a shame, I found a great Metroid Mii (as in, the head resembled a Metroid) that I used in the Wii U days to pretend that Metroid finally got another character in Smash 4, but I can't be bothered to recreate it even though I'd like it along with the newcomers Ridley and Dark Samus. Then there's stuff like being able to download convincing-looking Miis for the costumes we have, like Takamaru, Isaac, and Lip, to get me to use the Miis more often. As of now, I only have the Miis you get from World of Light, who aren't interesting in and of themselves.

If I could somehow port the Miis I had from my 3DS and Wii U, then I'd love using them more often. Right now I don't want to recreate them all from scratch, however. If the 3.0.0 update has more Mii costumes that I personally like, then I might get around to making more, even if it'll take work.
I'm honestly baffled that you can't scan QR codes for Miis on the Switch or use some kind of way to import them. I could easily see transferring QR code images onto the Switch's memory and scanning them in-console to produce a result as viable. It's such a hassle to recreate them by hand.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
You know, looking back on all of the discussions over the course of Joker being revealed and the last Nintendo Direct...It would not have made sense to reveal Erdrick in that direct, IF he is happening.

They revealed details about the Switch version of DQ XI and it all sounds awesome! (I stopped playing the playstation one after the direct, because man, PS4 users are getting cheated lol)

And one of those features is new scenarios for your party. This makes me think there will be a scenario with Erdrick in some fashion.

That of course, if Erdrick makes a special appearance in DQ XI. Also, I only got 10 hours in that game soooo...No spoils.

Again, will be happy for any Square Rep, but will not be surprised if we get none. The ULTIMATE surprise...there was none... :(
Though Square is incredibly stingy, we have to keep in mind they like making deals where it benefits them. This is why I would be shocked to see Square pass up an opportunity in cross promotion for another of their franchises. And they would be passing up one of the biggest if not the biggest fighting game.

Keep in mind they have added characters so far in all big fighting games, exceptions Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. They added Noctis in Tekken7 and 2B in Soul Calibur 6. So them passing up the chance to add another cross promoted character in Smash Bros is very unlikely. The main question is will Square continue their cross promoted trends(globally popular) or will they try something new (not globally popular).

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Though Square is incredibly stingy, we have to keep in mind they like making deals where it benefits them. This is why I would be shocked to see Square pass up an opportunity in cross promotion for another of their franchises. And they would be passing up one of the biggest if not the biggest fighting game.

Keep in mind they have added characters so far in all big fighting games, exceptions Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. They added Noctis in Tekken7 and 2B in Soul Calibur 6. So them passing up the chance to add another cross promoted character in Smash Bros is very unlikely. The main question is will Square continue their cross promoted trends(globally popular) or will they try something new (not globally popular).
Honestly, given they had to allow Cloud for the base game in Smash, despite their stinginess, it makes me wonder if they'd even want to make up for it by milking Smash for all its worth. I doubt they themselves would think beyond one promotional DLC character, but Sakurai and Nintendo might. If anything, Erdrick and DQ is basically their baby and their big cash cow, so maybe with that being given a red carpet, they can finagle one more pick for a future pass or other DLC.

And since Geno's licensing is likely the easiest and already has a bit of a head start, thanks to his spirit and PFP, and Nintendo has been giving him attention again... :4pacman:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Which is why it is still so suprising that Nintendo managed to get Cloud back for the base game... The game has been out for soon 4 months and it still feels surreal.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Which is why it is still so suprising that Nintendo managed to get Cloud back for the base game... The game has been out for soon 4 months and it still feels surreal.
It's kinda baffling and feels pretty unreal. When I saw he was back in Ultimate, I was like, "What?!" Then Snake popped up and I was like, "This game is literally a massive miracle." Geno's and Mallow's art may be owned by Squeenix and not outside artists, sure, but their spirits being allowed was the icing on the cake of, "Who are you and where is the real Square Enix?" Just allowing this stuff for free and not as DLC? Like... how did Sakurai manage that? Did Joker steal some millionaire's life savings to make them an offer they couldn't refuse?

That man is a miracle worker.

D

Deleted member

I can’t see a second Square cabaret being particularly likely, but I suppose it could happen. Square is definitely gonna be a lot easier to negotiate with if it’s DLC and profits can be shared. Maybe f there’s two packs, it could happen.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I can’t see a second Square cabaret being particularly likely, but I suppose it could happen. Square is definitely gonna be a lot easier to negotiate with if it’s DLC and profits can be shared. Maybe f there’s two packs, it could happen.
Oh yeah, there's no way it'd be in the same Fighter's Pass, absolutely not. That chance is abysmal. If that happens, it'd be separate DLC or a future season, I'm sure.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the responses!

I have one more question to ask. Since I normally hangout in the Geno thread, I don't typically hear a lot of Geno criticisms. I wanted to ask, would anyone be opposed to Geno? Or disappointed if he was announced? My intent isn't to start an argument, I just like to hear all sides of the spectrum.
Only character I really don't want in the game (that has over a 1% shot) is Steve. I'm not for or against Geno, though admittely I think SMRPG is just a "good" game to me and not a great one. I prefer Paper Mario 1 and 2, as well as Super Star Saga (GOAT Mario RPG) and Bowser's Inside Story over it. Of course, I also think that DQ3 (Erdrick's game) is also rather middle of the road when it comes to the DQ series, so eh. I would like to see genos fans happy though because they've been at it since Brawl.

I own the FP too so I am all in on Sakurai's wild ride. I'm already greatly satisfied with Ultimates roster with Snake back+K.rool+my "never ever" pick in Joker, so whatever Sakurai/Nintendo picks is just desert.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Reading some of the comments after my most recent post, I just wanted to say that I apologize if I ever came off as thinking Erdrick was 100% happening. I never meant to come off that way. I'm just trying to rationalize reasons for why it could happen. You know, trying to be positive and all that. I'm fully aware that it may not happen, and that there are other characters SE are probably more likely to choose.

Dragon Quest in Smash has been sort of a pipe dream for me. It's something I never thought would happen, and I was honestly expecting to get thrown out of this race a long time ago. The fact that things have progressed this far, and that DQ seems likely at all, is extremely crazy for me. That said, I have not won yet, and it's very likely that I'll find myself applauding the fanbase of some other character by the end of all this.

Again, sorry if I came off as overconfident or anything like that. There's a good chance Erdrick isn't the SE rep, and I have to prepare myself for that possibility. I've become so invested in the idea of seeing DQ in Smash that I fear I won't take it very well if it doesn't happen. I'd love, and I mean love for Erdrick to be the rumored SE rep, but it's usually when things seem to be going my way when I get the most uneasy.

In any case, good luck to all the supporters of Geno, Sora, Sephiroth, and every other possible SE rep! Don't lose hope for your character, and I'll try not to lose hope for mine. Everyone's still got a chance, and I can't wait to finally see who it is (if there's an SE rep at all).

Last edited:
Top Bottom