• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Since Sakurai, and probably a lot of the Smash staff, are familiar with Dragon Quest 3, I have hopes that if Erdrick gets in, they will be a character with some variety, still using mostly his sword, but also a healthy variety of weapons and spells. Was replaying DQ3 after the leak, and was impressed at how many different weapons I could equip my hero with (though at the end I still went on the last battle with a sword, also weirdly enough a bikini, that ought to be awkward for the always male hero from DQ1 when he retrieves the legendary "armor" XD)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do anyone know how legit is Shawn Long of RGT 85? Apparently this dude is saying the game in question is crazy stuff and not from Nintendo.
https://twitter.com/ShawnLong85/status/1097202261225340928

Cancelled game is SCALEBOUND, I am almost certain that will be it. It was Kamiya's dream game.
Well, there was the rumor of 3 Platinum developed titles coming to the Switch. Currently we have Bayo 3 and Astral Chain, so the rumor might be possible and Scalebound might complete the rumor.

D

Deleted member

Do anyone know how legit is Shawn Long of RGT 85? Apparently this dude is saying the game in question is crazy stuff and not from Nintendo.
https://twitter.com/ShawnLong85/status/1097202261225340928

Well, there was the rumor of 3 Platinum developed titles coming to the Switch. Currently we have Bayo 3 and Astral Chain, so the rumor might be possible and Scalebound might complete the rumor.
If this is legit, I think it’s Megaman Legends 3 or Scalebound then.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
I hope this cancelled game thing is not talking about Rune Factory 5. That franchise was literally dead and just got revived in the direct.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Apparently Imran said the game wasn't in the Direct
Hmmmmmm new Golden Sun game confirmed! Just kidding, but how great would that be.

I’m just going to guess based what I would wish for, and Metal Arms 2! Metal Arms Glitch in the System was such a great game, it’s such a shame it never got a sequel.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Yeah her chances went down a bit I think, just because of how the houses work. But we have so many protags, it could be a nice change of pace to have someone different. And not a sword user :O
You do know that Edelgard uses a sword as well, right?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
We know. But her base class is not pure sword only (going by the trailers) but axe + sword, which if she would join, she hopefully would end up like Corrin and Robin in the worst case scenario which is using both. Especially considering every character is in their default class and using the weapon(s) they can use there.

So if she ended up being a dual wielder, even then she would bring something new to the table. But if she ended up using only one weapon, I think it's clear to say that Sakurai would probably give her Axe only based on that qoute someone recently posted.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We know. But her base class is not pure sword only (going by the trailers) but axe + sword, which if she would join, she hopefully would end up like Corrin and Robin in the worst case scenario which is using both. Especially considering every character is in their default class and using the weapons they can use there.

So if she ended up being a dual wielder, even then she would bring something new to the table. But if she ended up using only one weapon, I think it's clear to say that Sakurai would probably give her Axe only based on that qoute someone recently posted.
It also seems like she has some form of magic, as in the Direct trailer you can see her summoning some sort of emblem above her hand in the cutscene that shows her house.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We know. But her base class is not pure sword only (going by the trailers) but axe + sword, which if she would join, she hopefully would end up like Corrin and Robin in the worst case scenario which is using both. Especially considering every character is in their default class and using the weapons they can use there.

She can use magic too. I think that the best route would be for her to use an axe, for diversity, and she could use a bit of magic too.

EarlTamm EarlTamm partially greninja'ing me there.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It also seems like she has some form of magic, as in the Direct trailer you can see her summoning some sort of emblem above her hand in the cutscene that shows her house.
She can use magic too. I think that the best route would be for her to use an axe, for diversity, and she could use a bit of magic too.

EarlTamm EarlTamm partially greninja'ing me there.
Facepalm (how did I forget about that.) but yeah you right. Heck maybe her class is three weapons based or its axe + magic instead sword + axe.

I'm pointing this out because the class system looks to be a lot like Shadow of Valentias one where you have an indication of where the character you get in the start is more natural to go with their class progression, but you can reclass them to pretty much everything.

But no matter what, it just indicates that Edelgard could bring something new if FE3H would get a rep.... but knowing FE fans "luck" (I put luck in " because most FE fans like myself would prefer fewer and more unique then many and all rather similar) it will be Byleth if we get one from FE3H -_-

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
We know. But her base class is not pure sword only (going by the trailers) but axe + sword, which if she would join, she hopefully would end up like Corrin and Robin in the worst case scenario which is using both. Especially considering every character is in their default class and using the weapon(s) they can use there.

But we already know that Byleth is the main player character, which means if they're gonna put a Three House character in it's going to be Byleth. Edelgard is basically one of the siblings from Fate, so it's unlikely she's going get in. The only reason why people consider her over Byleth, Dimitri, and Claude is because of how little was know about Three Houses during it's first showing and she was the one character that people noticed. If there is a Three House character (which there shouldn't since that game comes out in 2019 and Rex & ARMS was deemed 'too late' to get into Smash as DLC) it's going to be Byleth.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Facepalm (how did I forget about that.) but yeah you right. Heck maybe her class is three weapons based or its axe + magic instead sword + axe.

I'm pointing this out because the class system looks to be a lot like Shadow of Valentias one where you have an indication of where the character you get in the start is more natural to go with their class progression, but you can reclass them to pretty much everything.

But no matter what, it just indicates that Edelgard could bring something new if FE3H would get a rep.... but knowing FE fans "luck" (I put luck in " because most FE fans like myself would prefer fewer and more unique then many and all rather similar) it will be Byleth if we get one -_-
Someone in the Geno thread came up with the idea of Byleth pulling a Pokemon trainer and comanding the three students. I doubt it would happen, but it is still kinda cool to think about.

I would not worry too much about Byleth. Sakurai would prioritize moveset uniqueness for sure and it helps that the three house leaders are super prominent as well. I also like to think that FE devs decided to take mercy upon Sakurai and give him 3 prominent and important FE character options that do not rely solely on swords.
But we already know that Byleth is the main player character, which means if they're gonna put a Three House character in it's going to be Byleth. Edelgard is basically one of the siblings from Fate, so it's unlikely she's going get in. The only reason why people consider her over Byleth, Dimitri, and Claude is because of how little was know about Three Houses during it's first showing and she was the one character that people noticed. If there is a Three House character (which there shouldn't since that game comes out in 2019 and Rex & ARMS was deemed 'too late' to get into Smash as DLC) it's going to be Byleth.
I don't think it's that decided.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
First and foremost. If Three Houses are getting a DLC and not Rex and Arms, it's because of marketing material and nothing else, just like how it would be if Arms and/or Rex would be DLC if their games came out this year or beginning of next and FE3H did not get one and got released in 2017. Let's not kid us self thinking differently

But you are absolutely right that going by the patterns, they would most likely do Byleth. HOWEVER.... while it is said that Corrin got in because of marketing, one of the key things of why specifically Corrin got in was because of potential for original moveset. What I'm trying to say that if Nintendo truly wants a FE3H rep in for marketing, and Sakurai would be more comfortable adding her (or Claude/Dimitri for that matter) for the sake of diversity in moveset, then they would be stupid to force his hand with only Byleth

Heck, who knows. Edelgard is the most prominent character of the three students in all of the advertisement. Maybe they are using her like that just because they already decided to use her as DLC xD (While I'm not completely serious, it wouldn't shock me if that's the cause either)

Someone in the Geno thread came up with the idea of Byleth pulling a Pokemon trainer and comanding the three students. I doubt it would happen, but it is still kinda cool to think about.

I would not worry too much about Byleth. Sakurai would prioritize moveset uniqueness for sure and it helps that the three house leaders are super prominent as well. I also like to think that FE devs decided to take mercy upon Sakurai and give him 3 prominent and important FE character options that do not rely solely on swords.
First off, "insert Pokemon Trainer joke here" although that sounds kind of neat, speaking as a FE fan and Pokemon Trainer fan. But yeah, I agree with you. If we really are getting yet another FE rep, then Nintendo is idiots if they would force him to only focus on one character.

79690882a01f5f38c2bc120bd497047cd4896b4d_hq.jpg

If Fire emblem ever gets another pure sword user, then the only character that would arguably go over well by general smash fans, its this guy due to design and all that jazz.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
First and foremost. If Three Houses are getting a DLC and not Rex and Arms, it's because of marketing material and nothing else, just like how it would be if Arms and/or Rex would be DLC if their games came out this year or beginning of next and FE3H did not get one and got released in 2017.

But you are absolutely right that going by the patterns, they would most likely do Byleth. HOWEVER.... while it is said that Corrin got in because of marketing, one of the key things of why specifically Corrin got in was because of potential for original moveset. What I'm trying to say that if Nintendo truly wants a FE3H rep in for marketing, and Sakurai would be more comfortable adding her (or Claude/Dimitri for that matter) for the sake of diversity in moveset, then the would be stupid to force his hand with only Byleth

Heck, who knows. Edelgard is the most prominent character of the three students in all of the advertisement. Maybe they are using her like that just because they already decided to use her as DLC xD (While I'm not completely serious, it wouldn't shock me if that's the cause either)
I agree on all a lot of this.
First off, "insert Pokemon Trainer joke here" although that sounds kind of neat, speaking as a FE fan and Pokemon Trainer fan. But yeah, I agree with you. If we really are getting yet another FE rep, then Nintendo is idiots if they would force him to only focus on one character.

If Fire emblem ever gets another pure sword user, then the only character that would arguably go over well by general smash fans, then its this guy due to design and all that jazz.
It's funny because the three house captains have already been compared to Pokemon Go so much already. And yeah, I think most of the community would be fine with the Black Knight for a multitude of reasons.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It's funny because the three house captains have already been compared to Pokemon Go so much already. And yeah, I think most of the community would be fine with the Black Knight for a multitude of reasons.
I know. I can't blame them considering the trio of color xD. Also, to an extent, I'm rather surprised that they went with Chrom over Black Knight. Sure, he was the easier work to do considering already made model and people got disappointed with him not joining Smash 4. But people have been asking for more than just "blue haired swordsmen" for Fire Emblem representation since arguably Brawl to some extent. Sure, Chrom went over surprisingly well.. But I think in terms of PR standpoint, Black Knight would have been a much better choice.. And I say that as a fan of Chrom

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know. I can't blame them considering the trio of color xD. Also, to an extent, I'm rather surprised that they went with Chrom over Black Knight. Sure, he was the easier work to do considering already made model and people got disappointed with him not joining Smash 4. But people have been asking for more than just "blue haired swordsmen" for Fire Emblem representation since arguably Brawl to some extent. Sure, Chrom went over surprisingly well.. But I think in terms of PR standpoint, Black Knight would have been a much better choice.. And I say that as a fan of Chrom
Funny, you do realize the irony in saying that blue haired swordsman bit and then talking about the Black Knight, right?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Funny, you do realize the irony in saying that blue haired swordsman bit and then talking about the Black Knight, right?
Oh, I sure do (I own every Fire Emblem game for a reason, and that include the Japanese only released ones). But those that haven't played the games would not know that considering the armour :p

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh, I sure do (I own every Fire Emblem game for a reason, and that include the Japanese only released ones). But those that haven't played the games would know that considering the armour :)
Yeah, that is true. Also, congrats on being a super fan. I should have been able to tell from your mains.:laugh:

Just to circle this FE talk back to Square, what do you guys think of the concept of a Fire Eblem X Final Fantasy game?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah, that is true. Also, congrats on being a super fan. I should have been able to tell from your mains.:laugh:

Just to circle this FE talk back to Square, what do you guys think of the concept of a Fire Eblem X Final Fantasy game?
First of all. I need to get to the computer asap because writing post for the site on mobile is not the best idea (F autocorrect).
Second, much of my love is ironically not for the gameplay (although I am a sucker for turn based strat games,) but because it has influenced my fictional writing as much as it has. :laugh:
Third. YES... I need this so much. FE and FF has a lot of potential together

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
First of all. I need to get to the computer asap because writing post for the site on mobile is not the best idea (F autocorrect).
Second, much of my love is ironically not for the gameplay (although I am a sucker for turn based strat games,) but because it has influenced my fictional writing as much as it has. :laugh:
Third. YES... I need this so much. FE and FF has a lot of potential together
Then I imagine you liked Echos. I heard that game was wonderfully written and acted.
A FF X FE game would also probably indirectly result in a tactics sequel.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Then I imagine you liked Echos. I heard that game was wonderfully written and acted.
A FF X FE game would also probably indirectly result in a tactics sequel.
The main female lead is a moron (something everyone that has plays the game agrees upon no matter their stance of it), but outside of that, yes I certainly agree. And I would love more Tactics games

Also... with Kingdom Hearts 3 now being out and all, and if that series has truly ended (or my understanding 3 is meant to be the last) ... I wouldn't be so shocked if Square is thinking about more crossovers, be it Legend of Zelda x Dragon Quest, FF with FE like previously mentioned or maybe... or Neir Automata with Xenoblade... you get the idea

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The main female lead is a moron (something everyone that has plays the game agrees upon no matter their stance of it), but outside of that, yes I certainly agree. And I would love more Tactics games

Also... with Kingdom Hearts 3 now being out and all, and if that series has truly ended (or my understanding 3 is meant to be the last) ... I wouldn't be so shocked if Square, in general, is thinking about more crossovers, be it Legend of Zelda x Dragon Quest, FF with FE like previously mentioned or maybe... or Neir Automata with Xenoblade... you get idea
Oh trust me.
Kingdom Hearts is not over.
I will not go into spoilers, but there is already a ton of setup for an entire new arc of the story.

As for crossovers, I certainly think Square is thinking about it, but I think they will be doing it with their own properties as of now.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Oh trust me.
Kingdom Hearts is not over.
I will not go into spoilers, but there is already a ton of setup for an entire new arc of the story.

As for crossovers, I certainly think Square is thinking about it, but I think they will be doing it with their own properties as of now.
Ah... outside of buying a KH game on the 3DS for my little sister, I have not touched a Kingdom Hearts game so I just mentioned what I've heard. But neat for fans of KH. Just don't let them wait for so long then again Square xD..

As for original titles, it's hopefully not something like The Quiet Man again.... ugh.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Don't know if any of you have talked about this yet, but there is a weird going around about the console.logged on the fighters page of the official site and now people are talking about Chrono and Banjo and others. Its 4chan however, so you know... http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/451400461
And where the heck can you see that? I just see something showing the code for Mario to Fox... O.o (Want to see out of curiosity xD)

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Well, there is this guy who claims to have leaked a FFVIII Remake made by an Asian AAA developer, which would be revealed at a PS event alongside another huge title, which seems to be Chrono Break. So all I can say is that it's funny to see how Chrono is suddenly appearing again amidst the rumor mill.

This guy said this on Twitter, and seems to be the same guy that called out Sony skipping E3 before their announcement.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Any Reimu mention makes a leak fake to me. She and Agumon are basically meme characters on 4chan. That said, that'd be a super fun DLC lineup.

D

Deleted member

Well, there is this guy who claims to have leaked a FFVIII Remake made by an Asian AAA developer, which would be revealed at a PS event alongside another huge title, which seems to be Chrono Break. So all I can say is that it's funny to see how Chrono is suddenly appearing again amidst the rumor mill.

This guy said this on Twitter, and seems to be the same guy that called out Sony skipping E3 before their announcement.
Haven’t heard of this one, link?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If SE is the way they always are, I doubt they will be focusing on anything more that ain't FFVII Remake first. Kinda like how it happened with KH3, only this one is even bigger title.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

I know that this is a bit "farfetched".... but if this is true... What are the chances of the sources of the leakers mistaking Erdrick for Chrono? Just spitballing the question just for the sake of it considering both are designed by the same guy that can only do 4 faces and 5 hairstyles when it comes to designing humans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom