• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey Square guys and gals. I did some drawings of some of the people I think are most likely to be chosen for the SE rep for hype.

First is the most expected and my second most wanted out of the candidates. Here's Erdrick:

Next is Geno, my most wanted SE candidate. This drawing's months old and I probably already posted it, but it's nice to compile him with the other people. The star road will answer our prayers one day, fellas.

Next is Sora, who is someone I started growing more attached to the more I grew interested in Kingdom Hearts. If he gets in, it'll be even more reason to try the series out. As a fighter, I completely love his abilities. His story is a head-scratcher, but the games are popular for a reason. Soundtracks are also beautiful and the Disney stuff is epic.

Last but not least is the possible Piranha Plant scenario where we get Slime, who's actually my brother's most wanted character. Not mine, though.
:urg:
Censor last pic or you'll be warned

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I can see Slime being a little bully that's always in over his head.
I don't find them evil, but very mischievous.

The idea of Slime on his own isn't particularly interesting to me. (I'll take it if it's do or die for DQ) but I prefer him having other iconic monsters tagging along for his moveset.

D

Deleted member

Was the animosity towards Geno needed though? It kinda puts DQ fans in a bad light my guy.
In context, it makes more sense.
1) I clarified in the post that Geno and Erdrick was my most wanted
2) I stated Slime wasn't my most wanted.

It's sardonic humor that was meant originally for my brother. Hope that clarifies things.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Coco-

Smash Ace
In context, it makes more sense.
1) I clarified in the post that Geno and Erdrick was my most wanted
2) I stated Slime wasn't my most wanted.

It's sardonic humor that was meant originally for my brother. Hope that clarifies things.
Fair enough. I just don't want anyone taking it the wrong way. Great art though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Aw man, you know what? You guys getting Erdrick around DQIII's anniversary? I've got to say that's really cool. Hopefully we Geno fans get something like that, too, even if not for Smash (in fact, I'd say definitely not for Smash). It's a mere month after, so maybe Erdrick love is for Valentine's Day and Geno love (again, outside of Smash) will be for White Day. ;)

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah, happy birthday Dragon Quest III, and the peak of Dragon Quest mania in Japan.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm probably the most skeptical about Erdrick in Smash, but gurl, happy birthday. If you get in you got the best birthday gift.

If you don't? You still loved.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Although I don't personally want Erdrick in Smash or completely believe he's in...

I will acknowledge that DQ III is an influential game that forever shaped JRPGs.

And for that... I am happy that it exists.

So Happy Birthday Dragon Quest III:
Dragon.Quest.III.600.479997.jpg

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Unpopular opinion: I think DQ is overrated. That said, happy birthday! and congrats to those who wanted erdrick to get in (Assuming he does indeed end up being the square rep)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
DQ might be overrated in japan, but it's underrated everywhere else :p (imo)

Happy bday dq3, your series truly is special :)

D

Deleted member

Congrats to of one of the coolest JRPG ever!!!

May the legend continue for years to come!!!

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Oh damn, I completely forgot it was the 30th anniversary today.

I tried to draw Erdrick, but anime hair is so ****ing hard to draw, so here's the protagonist of DQ8 (I'll try again with Erdrick tomorrow or something idk):

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Unpopular opinion!

Given that Nintendo is having a crap ton of trouble with Square Enix on getting a rep in Smash Ultimate!

It's fair to say that we shouldn't get another Square Character in the Game (We really don't need more anime swordsmen in the game)!
When was it said that they were having trouble? Speculation ain't proof.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh damn, I completely forgot it was the 30th anniversary today.

I tried to draw Erdrick, but anime hair is so ****ing hard to draw, so here's the protagonist of DQ8 (I'll try again with Erdrick tomorrow or something idk):
Honestly, now he starts to look a bit like some kind of bootleg Link. With a bandanna.

But seriously, nice drawing. And yeah, true, that kind of hair sounds rather difficult to work with.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, now he starts to look a bit like some kind of bootleg Link. With a bandanna.

But seriously, nice drawing. And yeah, true, that kind of hair sounds rather difficult to work with.
I was thinking more of Serge from Chrono Cross. The Toriyama style makes him quite distinctive now that I think about it.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Saw that video and the Twitter thread in question already. We don't have any idea if what the user is spectulating is true.

And besides, if it ain't a Dragon Quest character, it's probably 2B. :upsidedown:
2B's game didn't even see a release on a Nintendo console! So her being in the game would make no sense!'

And like I said! We really don't any more Sword fighter as DLC!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was thinking more of Serge from Chrono Cross. The Toriyama style makes him quite distinctive now that I think about it.
Despite owning Chrono Cross, I never played it. I want to find Trigger first and play that, so I get the story in actual correct order. More fun to understand the game(s) that way.

So I got no clue what he looks like, heh.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
2B's game didn't even see a release on a Nintendo console! So her being in the game would make no sense!'

And like I said! We really don't any more Sword fighter as DLC!
Doesn't mean I can't make jokes about her getting in though. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
JDS is a troll, don't entertain them.

As for 2B, she'd be like Bayonetta in that she has a lot of combos, but they'd rely mostly on swordplay than guns or giant limbs.

She DOES have a pod that follows around her that can add extra damage, so in a sense she can do something like Bayonetta's Bullet Arts. To make the two of them more distinguished, though, she'd instead use her pod for special attacks, like the giant laser it initially starts with.

2B can be a super fun character, and it's a bit of a shame that we haven't heard of her in any notable, potentially credible leaks. NieR: Automata is an incredible game.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

As for 2B, she'd be like Bayonetta in that she has a lot of combos, but they'd rely mostly on swordplay than guns or giant limbs.

She DOES have a pod that follows around her that can add extra damage, so in a sense she can do something like Bayonetta's Bullet Arts. To make the two of them more distinguished, though, she'd instead use her pod for special attacks, like the giant laser it initially starts with.

2B can be a super fun character, and it's a bit of a shame that we haven't heard of her in any notable, potentially credible leaks. NieR: Automata is an incredible game.
I know. She appeared in a recent fake 4Chan leak. She is one of those "out-there" characters that I would love to join Smash. Not just because I played Nier:Automata and loved it, but also because I believe her inclusion would produce the most glorious spectacle of hype and salt a Japanese third-party can produce.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Despite owning Chrono Cross, I never played it. I want to find Trigger first and play that, so I get the story in actual correct order. More fun to understand the game(s) that way.

So I got no clue what he looks like, heh.
Good luck trying to understand Chrono Cross near the end of the game. As someone whose played Trigger dozens of times before playing Cross I had no idea what was going on after a certain point...

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Welp I think something is definitely happening now saw a the gif of reggie Dancing tapping his wrist where a watch should be is that a sign?

D

Deleted member

Didn't 2B get into SoulCaliber as well?

D

Deleted member

I wonder if the Direct is going to be announced tomorrow for the 13th, or the 13th for Valentine's Day
Betting the direct will be on the day before or after a holiday where people already have plans with their special someone or single friends. Makes the most senese.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Betting the direct will be on the day before or after a holiday where people already have plans with their special someone or single friends. Makes the most senese.
Yeah I was thinking the same, Although I think watching the direct with your special one seems romantic for me :4kirby:

Last edited:
Top Bottom