• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
You missed the finish classic pic (I think it's Clouds) where he holds Zelda lying in the water unconscious. Tried to find the pic but I was unable to do so.
I mean I'd probably argue that's the one place I'd expect to find a Sephiroth reference regardless of his being DLC or not.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I did a double check and it's not even from a finish classic pic, but a picture you got from an achievement unlock. But that picture is there

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
tbh I really doubt Reggie had Spirits in mind; would he really have all of those characters in his head when saying what he did at the TGAs?

On the contrary, he wouldn't need to know everyone who's a spirit. He'd just need to know 5 particular characters or rather, 5 series that are designated as not being in already. Which would be easy, considering how Nintendo had long since, already picked the DLC.
honestly don't see why we should think on Game Theory FNaF levels when it could be similar to, as Mr. Hippo puts it, "telling a story just to tell a story," as in, Reggie doesn't really have any real meaning behind it other than trying to excite fans.
Hey, don't look at me. I'm on neither side of this, i'm just pointing out details. I mean, you had to go quite out of your way to find that old Waypoint article.

Oddly enough, I've seen you speak in favor of the 5ch leak involving Steve, which is odd given your stance on what Reggie said.
regardless while I don't think this kills Geno's or King Boo's chances or whoever, I do believe the DLC will all be 100% not-in-Smash-in-anyway-already characters if we don't get them or other characters that could be used as 1st-party promotion (excluding new FE or Pokemanz).
Wait, so if you believe it to be possible that all dlc characters could be as some people think, what was the point in debating it so harshly?

Just wait and see what happens.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

On the contrary, he wouldn't need to know everyone who's a spirit. He'd just need to know 5 particular characters or rather, 5 series that are designated as not being in already. Which would be easy, considering how Nintendo had long since, already picked the DLC.

Hey, don't look at me. I'm on neither side of this, i'm just pointing out details. I mean, you had to go quite out of your way to find that old Waypoint article.

Oddly enough, I've seen you speak in favor of the 5ch leak involving Steve, which is odd given your stance on what Reggie said.
Wait, so if you believe it to be possible that all dlc characters could be as some people think, what was the point in debating it so harshly?

Just wait and see what happens.
The only reason why I like the 5chan leak is because it has Steve; tbh while Doomguy and Ryu seem cool, I don't care about them and would like Geno + Steve or Banjo-Kazooie + Steve, y'know? But just to be clear, even if the 5chan leak is true (though there's no evidence for it so it's unlikely the guy is being truthful about what he knows), I wouldn't mind Doomguy or Ryu.

And I'm not trying to be harsh, honestly it sometimes feels like you're being harsh :S I only take the stance I do with what Reggie said because I feel like there's no reason to believe he meant anything more than simply what he said, and also 'cause some people actually try and use the other interpretation as well as Spirits to bash fans of characters like Geno and say he's disconfirmed...

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well DQ character or not, I'd he more excited at all DLC newcomers being from new series. Otherwise it's just more sidekicks, villains, and Fire Emblem, as opposed to completely new characters with their own universe being brought over to the game.

And this reflects on how hype I was for DLC in general.

Mewtwo: Neutral (but he was a vet)
Lucas: Neutral (see Mewtwo)
Roy: Neutral, but almost annoyed.
Ryu: HYPE
Cloud: HYPE
Bayoneta: HYPE
Corrin: Angry, actually..
Piranha Plant: Zzzzzzzz
Joker: HYPE

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I did a double check and it's not even from a finish classic pic, but a picture you got from an achievement unlock. But that picture is there
I didn't reference it bc it mirrors more what Sephiroth did rather than Seph himself.
The scene represented is one of the most iconic from the game, but not something Sakurai would use to reference Seph, imo
But it was nice of you remember. ^^

Well DQ character or not, I'd he more excited at all DLC newcomers being from new series. Otherwise it's just more sidekicks, villains, and Fire Emblem, as opposed to completely new characters with their own universe being brought over to the game.

In my case, it was:
Mewtwo: HYPE
Lucas: YES
Roy: Bleh
Cloud: OMFGSDKJNDKJFSFKJSDNFJKN HYPE!!!!!!!!
Bayoneta: Omfg no, pls no (and yes, I still don't think she fits in Smash Bros.)
Corrin: Just, why?
Piranha Plant: LMFAO I actually liked him! XD

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, since we're talking about what Reggie's words may lead to, I'll quote my own post on why I think every DLC character is going to be third-party, take what you will on the subject:
*It's my weakest argument, but I honestly think it may have an impact. Let's go back and look at Smash 4's DLC. Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta all had the same content and price as the ones that will be available here: a character, a stage and a bunch of songs; all for 6$, of course that’s just the individual Price and not the Wii U+3DS bundles, but it’s not like that will ever happen here. The fact that they are all third-party should probably be small a sign of that.
*Now, let's check what Nintendo themselves got to offer next year on the game department, to see if there's anything to look after: Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Pokémon Gen 8, Daemon X Machina and Yoshi's Crafted World. With all due honesty, I beg to see what characters do these games can really offer, but I'm going to cover that better in the next argument.
*Remember when I said I had something to say about Tails that I held back specifically for this? Well, here it is: every character has to offer a stage and songs. Sonic already has not one, but two stages, and decent selection of songs to represent his franchise, hence part of why I don’t see the two-tailed fox happening (though I’d lie if I said there aren't some good Sonic songs absent from the game like With Me or the Crush 40 version of Seven Rings in Hand). If we're going with Nintendo characters or even other character-represented franchises in general, I'm honestly having a hard time thinking about their availability. What can you give Bandana Dee to justify the bundle? Or Porky (which is why I don't see him happening)? Or Sylux, since there’s no existing Metroid Prime 4 gameplay footage as of this date? Hell, let's return to Smash 4 again, who was the only Nintendo newcomer? Oh right, that was Corrin, and he only came with a pair of songs for an existing stage, which is in my honest opinion, what should be done with that kind of newcomers. I can only think of three characters from existing franchises that could offer that kind of deal are Sephiroth (or any other Final Fantasy character, really), Chun-Li and Elma, and that's only because both of their games have more than enough music to let creativity flow through my mind. Also, I didn't think of it back then, but that's another reason why I don't see Rex happening, if they wanted him as a full-fledged character, then they shouldn't have included XC2 songs in the game. Most possible third-party newcomers wouldn't suffer this problem, because there's a lot of material available on those regards. And now that I mentioned Rex...
*If leakers and theories are to be believed (which I do), Mii costumes are compensating for the character's otherwise complete absence from the game. So no Lip, no Rex, no Saki, and so on. Rex's more so, because the whole point of it is to make people feel like they're using the actual character; bringing him later on in the pass would just ruin its purpose.
*This is technically cheating, but I want to bring another fighting game to this: Injustice 2. Way back in 2016, when we barely knew anything about the game aside from some characters, Ed Boon was asked about bringing guest characters into the game, and this is what he said:
I always think there’s a novelty to it and there’s a certain amount of people who think that when they see a guest character that it took the slot of a DC character that they wanted to have, but you know, Scorpion in Injustice was the most downloaded of all the characters. There was a coolness and a novelty factor to seeing the mixing of the things. Alien and Predator in Mortal Kombat X were the most downloaded of those, so I would be surprised if we didn’t do any of that.
Basically, he says that guest characters are attractive and that they're best-sellers, which is something I agree with. Don't believe me? Go look at what happened with Cloud or the Ninja Turtles, it's clear these characters were attractive to the general public. Of course, we don't have proof to know if guests are as best-selling in Smash as they are in NRS' games, but reactions quite tell who impressed people more. Man, it's weird how no one never asks which DLC character has sold the most, even though it could be a very important factor for speculation and possible additions.
*And then, there's just the overall idea that Nintendo wants these characters to be "must-buys" and bring a whole new level of fun. Where's the fun on another Pokémon or Fire Emblem character who solely exists to persuade people into buying their new game entries? Clearly not something people will be interested in after the whole Corrin fiasco.
The only reason why I'm not giving it a 100% chance is because irony is the biggest ***** in life and twists can happen.
Add to all of this, with Metroid Prime 4's new delay and the apparent removal of Bandai Namco's participation as main devs, I suppose Sylux is gonna lose chances if he wasn't planned already.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Since everyone is doing it:

Mewtwo: Neutral
Lucas: Neutral
Roy: Neutral
Cloud: VERY HYPE
Bayonetta: Neutral
Corrin: Annoyed
Piranha Plant: Annoyed

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I was speechless at Piranha Plant, bordering on disappointment, but then I saw that he was most likely included due to its very specific circumstances (a free character if you get the game within the first couple of months, that no one would be angry was "missing" from the base game) and I was happy about it.

I hope this means they include my favorite Mario enemies someday (Shy Guy and Boo) along with the classic Goomba and Koopa Troopa. The regular enemies from most other series in Smash can't reach the level of popularity that Mario enemies do (maybe Dragon Quest but that's not in Smash right now, and Waddle Dee for Kirby), so I'm okay with some Mario newcomers being the regular enemies now.

D

Deleted member

I honestly would wish we could get more expansions towards certain franchises like DKC or Kirby. I would rather have Dixie or Bandanna Dee than any other new non-Banjo Third Party anyday. True seeing new franchsies joining the fray is always a blast (well mostly) but even then i would prefer seeing Nintendo ones getting into the fray rather than Guest after Guest after Guest (they stop beign interesing when every single DLC newcomer is 3rd Party, not counting the token inevitable FE character we are getting, just like in Smash 4) Too bad that there's no way that is happening now, because it's pretty clear what direction they are going with this DLC.

Might as well mention my ranking of DLC characters:

:ultmewtwo:: OOOOOOOOOOOOH, MEWTWO MEWTWO MEWTWO MY ****. IT'S THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!

:ultlucas::Almost teared up. Easily my personal favorite Brawl Newcomer alongside Wolf and Sonic and i sympatize with his struggles as a character.

:ultroy:: It's the only FE character i gave a **** about. So i was pretty happy to see him back. They could get rid of all of the other ones and keep Roy and i'll be happy (i don't care about the others, no matter how iconic they are, except maaayyyybe Ike)

:ultryu::I only like him because he was basically Simon's gateway into Ultimate. "One Guest per Company" NO MORE.

:ultcloud::I was shocked like 9999999% of the population, but outside of that.........eh?

:ultcorrinf:: *Vomits*

:ultbayonetta::She's possibily my most disliked inclusion to Smash of all ti--

:ultpiranha::Nevermind.

Joker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Everyone's reaction to the DLC characters? Sure, I'll play along.

:4mewtwo:: Neat.
:4lucas:: I had no strong feelings one way or the other
:4feroy:: Neat.
:4ryu:: Neat
:4cloud:: [holy **** chants intensifies]
:4corrinf::

:4bayonetta::

:ultpiranha:: Before the Reveal:
During the trailer montage:

:ultjoker: I like his music even if I only listened to Last Surprise. He's gets an A-OK on my book.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I honestly would wish we could get more expansions towards certain franchises like DKC or Kirby. I would rather have Dixie or Bandanna Dee than any other new non-Banjo Third Party anyday. True seeing new franchsies joining the fray is always a blast (well mostly) but even then i would prefer seeing Nintendo ones getting into the fray rather than Guest after Guest after Guest (they stop beign interesing when every single DLC newcomer is 3rd Party, not counting the token inevitable FE character we are getting, just like in Smash 4) Too bad that there's no way that is happening now, because it's pretty clear what direction they are going with this DLC.

Might as well mention my ranking of DLC characters:

:ultmewtwo:: OOOOOOOOOOOOH, MEWTWO MEWTWO MEWTWO MY ****. IT'S THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!

:ultlucas::Almost teared up. Easily my personal favorite Brawl Newcomer alongside Wolf and Sonic and i sympatize with his struggles as a character.

:ultroy:: It's the only FE character i gave a **** about. So i was pretty happy to see him back. They could get rid of all of the other ones and keep Roy and i'll be happy (i don't care about the others, no matter how iconic they are, except maaayyyybe Ike)

:ultryu::I only like him because he was basically Simon's gateway into Ultimate. "One Guest per Company" NO MORE.

:ultcloud::I was shocked like 9999999% of the population, but outside of that.........eh?

:ultcorrinf:: *Vomits*

:ultbayonetta::She's possibily my most disliked inclusion to Smash of all ti--

:ultpiranha::Nevermind.

Joker.
Why do you hate Joker? He's the best addition so far in this game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
:ultmewtwo:: yes.

:ultlucas:: yesss.

:ultroy:: okay.

:ultryu:: okay

:ultcloud:: okay.

:ultcorrinf:: that's a nice render uh what do I put here...

:ultbayonetta:: okay get outta my Christian Minecraft Server

:ultpiranha:: PLANT GANG

Not Batman: seems cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since people are doing it I'll give my reactions on this:

:ultmewtwo:: Neutral. I was pretty alright with Mewtwo but he didn't hype me up the way he did other:ultbayonetta:s. It was super cool seeing him back but I didn't react like Mr. Etika did.

:ultlucas:: Neutral. I had no experience with Lucas as of then but I was glad to see another Vet returning.

:ultroy:: Hype cause Roy's Our Boy. Roy is literally the only FE Character I Care about except for Lucina and Ike. I was pretty happy seeing him return and I did main him a bit in Smash 4.

:ultryu:: Hype. It's ******* Ryu how could you not be hyped for him He's Ryu! I did not see the Leaks so it came out of nowhere for me and I was super blown back and excited that he was here.

:ultcloud:: Hype. I did not see Cloud coming at all and when he appeared I was super happy. I might not have had any experience with the boy but just knowing how big and important he was made me hype.

:ultcorrinf:: Zzzzzzzzzzzzz Booooring. But I've come around to Corrin and after awhile I Started to like her.

:ultbayonetta:: Disappointed. at the time I was thinking Who? She won? Where's K. Rool? Where's Banjo? Geno? Anybody I Actually Knew? I was pretty disappointed but now I'm alright with her.

:ultpiranha:: Angry. I thought "NOOOOOOOO The Grinch is dead! WHY! WHY! oh this new free character? Oooh it's Geno! It's Geno guys we did it! He's He- WTF!?! That kinda hurts Nintendo. Kinda like pouring Salt into the wound. Not fun at all. Disappointed Nintendo, Very Disappointed." Then I had to take a two week break from the Smash community. Fast forward now I can look back and laugh, P-Plant is free there's no reason to be mad he's such a random out of nowhere character it's just funny.

Joker: Neutral. I understand that Persona/SMT is a huge franchise but I had no experience with the franchise and simply did not care for Joker. Happy for his fans but it's kinda eh, Whatever.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hoo boy, opinion time? Opinion time.

Mewtwo: Probably the most hype I'd EVER been for a DLC newcomer. Period. Seeing Mewtwo come back made my childhood self come back and made me so freaking happy.
Lucas: Happy, but not hype.
Roy: Neutral, happy for his fans.
Ryu: Happy, but not hype.
Cloud: Bleh. Neutral bordering on a bit off-put. Never cared for FFVII, personally, and never really liked Cloud as a character much.
Bayonetta: Mildly hype, I ****ing love Bayo.
Corrin: Vomit.
Piranha Plant: Confused, annoyed, and then... surprisingly kinda hyped. I'm lodged into the plant gang and nothing can make me leave.
Joker: Not as hype as Mewtwo, but definitely hype nonetheless. I love Persona.

I can only hope that anything else post-Joker will make me excited, even if I sincerely doubt it. Smash DLC hasn't hit a chord with me much ever since it became a thing.

D

Deleted member

What gives? Might as well join:

Mewtwo: Awesome having him back as I loved having him in Melee. Pretty much one of my favorite Pokemon

Lucas: Okay, I currently have no real attachment to Lucas apart from SSE as I gotta play Mother 3/Earthbound 2 someday.

Roy: Our boy is back! While I was happy with Ike in Brawl as he was my most wanted back then, I didn't liked that they shafted Roy for him. Glad they made him more different now.

Ryu: Cool. I love some SF but kind of unexciting considering that along with him being Mr. Fighting games, he is also Mr. Crossover

Cloud: BEST DLC CHARACTER EVER!!! he was the most shocking newcomer to me as never in my wildest dreams I could've seen him playable in Smash. I can't really think of a better choice for a SE rep honestly even if I prefer DQ or other FF entries.

Corrin: Good, felt FE representation was a bit overkill but I really liked Corrin body part transformation idea behind her moveset.

Bayo: I was really happy and excited for her being in since I'm pretty much a fan of Kamiya since his Capcom and Studio Clover days. W101, Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta, and Okami are some of my favorite games from him.

PP: At first I was confused, then I was just laughing for a few min. Great pick considering the mooks in Mario are getting some more love in other spinoffs.

Joker: Nice troll trailer, and while not my first choice for Persona (Brotagonist all the way). He's a great choice and I hope to see him in action soon.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Mewtwo: cool but ehh
Lucas: YESSS!
Roy: Same as Lucas.
Ryu: Okay.
Cloud: See Lucas
Corrin: WHY?
Bayo: WHAT?
PP: why not Shy Guy?
Joker: See Bayo

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Throwing my hat in the ring:

:ultmewtwo:: HYPE
:ultlucas:: Happy
:ultroy:: Also Happy
:ultryu:: Genuinely surprised, but all in a positive way.
:ultcloud:: WAIT... HIM!? REALLY!? SKDJFBHCOIDUVGHO
:ultbayonetta:: Damn, didn't she have some fans somewhere? At least it wasn't another KI or FE character.
:ultcorrin:: Damnit. (I have warmed up to Corrin however)
:ultpiranha:: This reaction has been brought to you by P L A N T G A N G
Joker: HYPE! We starting strong!

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm 100% sure no character will get me going as:ultcloud:did, that day the internet broke like never before.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I guess it's bandwagon time for my reactions to DLC characters:
:ultmewtwo:: OH MY GOD MEWTWO'S BACK! (But no Ridley...)
:ultlucas:: Delighted for his fans - puts a smile on my face.
:ultroy:: ROY'S MY BOY!! HE'S BACK YES!!
:ultryu:: Would've been cooler if he wasn't leaked, but he's cool.
:ultcloud:: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM NOWAYNOWAYNOWAYNOWAY IT'S HAPPENING OH MY GOOOOOOOOODUDD CLOUD STRIIIIFE!!!!
:ultcorrin:/:ultcorrinf:: Oh no... Oh please no...
:ultbayonetta:: 0_o; Oh my...! (Confusion but scared for one scaly reason)
:ultpiranha:: ARE YOU !@#$%^& KIDDING ME?!?!? A PIRANHA PLANT OVER ISAAC?!
:ultjoker: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOWAYNOWAYNOWAY OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING AAAAAAA JOKER'S COMING TO SMASH BROS OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!! *Delirious hype-filled screaming*

If the rumours about Erdrick or another Dragon Quest character are to be believed, I'd probably react: "Oh, they're finally here. They look cool."

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I didn’t pay any attention to 4’s DLC cycle, so I only had two DLC reactions.

Joker’s was standing up and gasping repeatedly/laughing.

Piranha Plant’s was to consider that maybe Sakurai is old and out of touch and should choose a successor and retire from Smash.

D

Deleted member

If Erdrick is in I'll be like: "Whelp, at least it's one less character in Geno's way, Maybe next time. GG DQ GG."

kylexv

Smash Master
:ultmewtwo:: I almost died of hype.
:ultlucas:: Cool
:ultroy:: Awesome.
:ultryu:: Cool
:ultcloud:: This is actually happening?
:ultcorrin:: meh
:ultbayonetta:: indifferent

:ultpiranha:: excuse me what
Joker: No audible reaction from me, just shock.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The Direct that contained the Belmonts and Chrom bringed us two references.
And these aren't just me saying it. My friends interpreted them the same way, hence them sending me messages about it.
During the Direct itself, the reveal of Alucard ended with a curious placement. He ends his presence with a stance that uses his black cape in Midgar. You may know that Sephiroth is referenced in the original FFVII by "the man wearing a black cape", and indeed, his visuals at that moment called back Sephiroth.

On the same day, Chrom's page was opened and featured a picture of him with only one wing of an angel.
Not even mentioning the Congratulations screen that references the Nibelheim incident, since that is something from the Smash 4 days. The curious thing is this imagery repeating. You would think that the references would stop in the first game, right?

I understand your concern, but given that the FF representation in Smash is strictly VII, as stated by the blog and the game itself, we can only expect a VII character if any FF content comes.

I thank you for the kind message. And yes, I'm keeping the hype in check. Like I said, my mind tells me to expect Erdrick, but my gut feeling is telling me that it's too weird for us to have so much info on the S-E rep so far before the DLC launches.
My hope is the fact that Seph never appeared in Smash in any form, not even as a spirit, trophy or his theme in the music department. His addition would fit Reggie's words as well. But again, only keeping the hype in check. This is just me a reinvigorated by my friend that I didn't have enough time to thank him/her bc of college stuff.
JUst remember the "Rathalos picture is totally a hint to Isaac!" stuff that happened. Sometimes a picture is a picture and is not a direct reference to anything.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
JUst remember the "Rathalos picture is totally a hint to Isaac!" stuff that happened. Sometimes a picture is a picture and is not a direct reference to anything.
yeah the problem is you don't know untill it happens or doesn't happen, with sakurai there is never a way to know for certain before hand. Can't blame people for hoping when something just ticks.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Okay my turn lets see...
Mewtwo: hype
Corrin: okay...
Pirahna Plant: Initially confused but then started bursting out laughing. Later realized I was already wearing my piranha plant socks that morning and then questioned existence
Joker: Caught completely off guard but was happy for my friend who wanted him
Others: Honestly don't remember even remember my reactions to them. Feels weird every time I see someone claim how excited they were for Cloud

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I was speechless at Piranha Plant, bordering on disappointment, but then I saw that he was most likely included due to its very specific circumstances (a free character if you get the game within the first couple of months, that no one would be angry was "missing" from the base game) and I was happy about it.

I hope this means they include my favorite Mario enemies someday (Shy Guy and Boo) along with the classic Goomba and Koopa Troopa. The regular enemies from most other series in Smash can't reach the level of popularity that Mario enemies do (maybe Dragon Quest but that's not in Smash right now, and Waddle Dee for Kirby), so I'm okay with some Mario newcomers being the regular enemies now.
How do I dislike a comment?

Anyway, might as well.
:ultmewtwo: hyped as heck, but I wasn't a supporter per say

:ultlucas:why not wolf though?

:ultryu:cool I guess, but less so since he was leaked. Not a huge SF fan.

:ultcloud: holy ****ing **** is this even real? Way more hype than anything base roster!

:ultcorrin:Even as a huge FE fan that was a stinker.

:ultbayonetta:why though? Where's the real ballot winner?

:ultpiranha: as Etika so eloquently put it: " They don't give a **** anymore!"

Joker:
download.gif

Best reveal of all time! Go ahead and cancel the rest of the pass, I got all I need!

D

Deleted member

When it comes to DLC reactions:

:ultmewtwo:: Wow! I was not expecting him to come back! Good for the fans.

:ultlucas:: Oh yeah. I can't wait to up-smash everybody again.

:ultroy:: He actually looks pretty cool now!

:ultryu:: Oh ****. It's this asshole. (Loved the inclusion. My relationship to Ryu usually relates to my brother beating me in UMvC3 and Street Fighter 5 with him on a frequent basis, so his personality grated on me in a humorous love-hate way. The same applies to Smash where I ****ing hate fighting him.)

:ultcloud:: Wow.

:ultcorrin:: oh okay...

:ultbayonetta:: Oh! Bayonetta! Alright. I accept this!

:ultpiranha:: :confused:

Joker: kjhslkhaLFHSALHFLSAJHFLSADF

D

Deleted member

It just feels weird seeing stuff like "holy ****ing **** is this even real? Way more hype than anything base roster!" So often for a character I barely gave any fanfare when announced.
Seeing Cloud, I couldn't be hyped for him because I never played FF 7. I knew, though, that somewhere else in the world as I was watching the reveal that someone was losing their minds. Maximilian Dood takes the cake.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
User was warned for this post
Well guys! Day (Or Dai) just got confirmed for Jump Force!

So for those of you who begged/pleaded/and cried in agony for a Dragon Quest character in a fighting game!

You all could just play as Day in Jump Force! And stop requesting to have Fedrick in Ultimate (He would be nothing more than a sad Simon Belmont/Marth clone with zero originality)!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Seeing Cloud, I couldn't be hyped for him because I never played FF 7. I knew, though, that somewhere else in the world as I was watching the reveal that someone was losing their minds. Maximilian Dood takes the cake.
This is my favorite reaction ever from the ones I've seen on Youtube. It has everything. That moment of disbelief as he slowly figures it out. He recognizes references and his moveset origins. Max is really cool and this still is probably one of my favorite videos of his.

D

Deleted member

So for those of you who begged/pleaded/and cried in agony for a Dragon Quest character in a fighting game!

You all could just play as Day in Jump Force! And stop requesting to have Fedrick in Ultimate (He would be nothing more than a sad Simon Belmont/Marth clone with zero originality)!
But you see, good sir, how else would I be able to play as Erdrick in Smash Bros if I play as Dai in Jump Force?

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
I understand the differences in opinions but it's the consistency of that said opinion that throws me off I guess.

But if there's something I probably never understand is the such intense dislike of a video game character that anyone would imply that the development team is just as unimaginative as they are

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
But you see, good sir, how else would I be able to play as Erdrick in Smash Bros if I play as Dai in Jump Force?

Why do you want Fedrick so badly!! Did you not see the bottom part where I said Fedrick would be a awful/uninteresting Simon Belmont/Marth echo??

Mainly because unlike Jump Force! Sakurai isn't willingly/refuses to give other character's movesets's that are completely original!

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Why do you want Fedrick so badly!! Did you not see the bottom part where I said Fedrick would be a awful/uninteresting Simon Belmont/Marth echo??

Mainly because unlike Jump Force! Sakurai isn't willingly/refuses to give other character's movesets's that are completely original!

Attachments

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
So um here's a thought.
Each character is going to have a classic mode tailored to some sort of theme for them.
What themes and opponents would you expect for the Square 7?

Top Bottom