• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I mean I still hope DQ is a possibility
These talks don't write a characters chances off. Even with a full ban of un-sponsored tournaments from Bamco, Bird Armor or whoever, the character choice wouldn't be affected. It is just interesting to think about.
I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to DBFZ parties but I can't see which party would be holding the biggest red flag now that Toei comes out not saying it is responsible.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Man, I’m really starting to become skeptical of all these leaks we’re getting, even from credible leakers.

The fact that we only have names to go off of and... pretty much nothing else is making me question how credible these leaks are. I just can’t really get behind any leak seriously if that’s the only evidence that exists right now.
Thank god someone finally said it. This entire Smash cycle has been nothing but text leaks and everyone eats it up even when 90% were bull**** and fake.

What really takes the cake is that Joker shattered all the bull**** and transcended the leaks but speculation here still sums down to "I still believe all the BS leaks but now featuring Joker"

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Thank god someone finally said it. This entire Smash cycle has been nothing but text leaks and everyone eats it up even when 90% were bull**** and fake.

What really takes the cake is that Joker shattered all the bull**** and transcended the leaks but speculation here still sums down to "I still believe all the BS leaks but now featuring Joker"
Nobody here is putting any faith in leakers who haven't proven they have legitimate connections though. You're poorly comparing the leakers people discuss here with 4chan text leaks. While the 5chan leak is one that's being discussed from nobody proven, most people here are putting more faith in the people who have connections saying it matches what they heard, not necessarily it being a 5chan leak in itself.

I can only prove my legitimacy so many times. But I really do not want Verge getting heat for some reason suddenly too.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, but this mindset needs to stop. Just because Joker was revealed first does not, in anyway, mean he was the character they started on first. The dev team could have been working on several characters before hand and as soon as they got approval for Joker Nintendo stepped in to change plans. We already know that characters are not shown in the order that they were developed and Sonic in Brawl is proof enough of that since he was one of the last characters they started work on and was revealed before even the rest of the base roster was.
Except that's not reappy how DLC works. The base fighters are all "released" together, DLC fighters are one at a time.
There's no reason to reveal a character first that is only going to be released after one or two others. That's actually just bad marketing.

"Oh but they couod have started X before Joker and just release Joker first"
Well that would be a terrible management of resources then.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I’ve taken the viewpoint of skepticism towards any DLC leaks from the very beginning, including when it comes to Vergeben.

But when I see Joker leaks pop up only AFTER he’s revealed and essentially every leaker admits they had NO idea, my skepticism meter goes up.

When leaks start to claim that another character is being worked on at the same time, even though:

- Joker is confirmed to be the 1st character
- The “2nd character” already has female alts and such when the 1st isn’t even in a playable state

That’s when I start drawing the line.

We essentially only have names to go off of at this point, since the evidence that may prove a leak may not even exist yet

That’s when I seriously start to question why I should believe a “credible” leak over any 4chan text leak, even if said leakers have base roster credibility

Edit: Look, I’m not trying to lump Vergeben in with these other fakers, but as more info comes to light regarding other “leaks”, you have to take a step back and reevaluate EVERYTHING, even if it’s on a credible leaker.

Last edited:

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Ok so guys guys the Erdrick leak isn't COMPLETELY dead yet, but you gotta look at it from a different angle and see why it could still be right.

All of these things are planned ahead of time, meaning that people working on the game would know if Jack Frost and Slime appear on screen in a stage or moveset because that's already been planned. It doesn't necessarily mean that the models and stages are that far ahead that they know all of this.

That said, I could be wrong about how the planning stages work, and you should very much take this with a grain of salt. I'm starting to doubt Erdrick's inclusion, especially with the DBFZ fiasco, however don't put all your faith in one place.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Ok so guys guys the Erdrick leak isn't COMPLETELY dead yet, but you gotta look at it from a different angle and see why it could still be right.

All of these things are planned ahead of time, meaning that people working on the game would know if Jack Frost and Slime appear on screen in a stage or moveset because that's already been planned. It doesn't necessarily mean that the models and stages are that far ahead that they know all of this.

That said, I could be wrong about how the planning stages work, and you should very much take this with a grain of salt. I'm starting to doubt Erdrick's inclusion, especially with the DBFZ fiasco, however don't put all your faith in one place.
"On screen" though?

D

Deleted member

What's this about DBZF bans? Why are we searching for a "Culprit"?
A few people are searching for a culprit to see If the issue is Toriyama, since in the context of Smash it makes any Toriyama character more difficult (albeit we don't know if the issue only relates to the context of DB).

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
well they'd know that ahead of time. Where the hell else would they appear lol
I mean..in their moveset?

The usage of "on screen" implies it to be a video or some sort of trailer. It doesn't say it IS, but that's the implication.
And seeing as they had to animate a Joker trailer just for TGA...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Nobody here is putting any faith in leakers who haven't proven they have legitimate connections though. You're poorly comparing the leakers people discuss here with 4chan text leaks. While the 5chan leak is one that's being discussed from nobody proven, most people here are putting more faith in the people who have connections saying it matches what they heard, not necessarily it being a 5chan leak in itself.

I can only prove my legitimacy so many times. But I really do not want Verge getting heat for some reason suddenly too.
We aren't after Vergeben. We are against the idea of anyone saying 'Erdrick is legit' just because a 5ch leak came out. Leaning isn't the same as saying 'he is in'

From my knowledge, Vergeben has not said it is for sure Erdrick yet. So I think the 5ch leak is at least a lie.

D

Deleted member

Shueisha is probably the company blocking DBFZ then if it’s not Toei. Form my understanding, they are very strict in the DB ip, and apparently they’ve also caused trouble for Yugioh tournaments. Not like it matters much though.

Oh and 5ch leak ain’t dead, although this stuff on Joker hurts it. You have to consider that Nintendo would have to get the rights to use Jack Frost, Slime, luminary etc. It could be someone involved in negotiations, which would explain ho W they know Erdrich was chosen, and the atlas stuff could be from just talking with Altus employees. Maybe that’s not how negotiations work though, idk. This could mean the leaker is pretty high-up, at least enough to be involved in **** like this, which I’ll admit makes it seem less likely.
Or it could just be an atlus employee disguising a P5R and P5U leak as a smash leak.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
If Joker's model isn't close to a playable state,
Actually, what was said was that Joker wasn't in a playable state. The proximity to such, was never clarified. And furthermore, that was at a time at ieast 2 weeks before the Game Awards.

For all we know, Joker could've been in a playable state by the time of the leak. Heck, he could be in a playable state now as we speak.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
A few people are searching for a culprit to see If the issue is Toriyama, since in the context of Smash it makes any Toriyama character more difficult (albeit we don't know if the issue only relates to the context of DB).
What issue? I have zero knowledge of the situation.

Also, my thoughts on the 5chan leak. I can't think of any reason to believe it even without the Joker news. It literally has less credibility than the Gardevoir and Gothitelle leak had.

They both guessed something difficult to guess but not impossible, except the Gothitelle leak guessed something actually confirmed, whereas this one guessed something insiders tell us is true.

Not that I don't trust polar, because I do. But the only reason this leak is accepted more than the Gothitelle one is because the supposed character is already expected. If it said, like, Noctis or something, nobody would buy it.

And the fact that this "leaker" who knew about Joker all along only comes out with info after he's confirmed and just says "Trust me guys, I knew it before the announcement" should be raising a lot more red flags than it seems to be.

After the Grinch hoax it would take a lot more than this to make me believe a 5chan text leak.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the Joker thing, the quote I read was "We hadn't started work on it at that point" not "We barely started". In which case the leak would be 1000% dead.

Last edited:

-Coco-

Smash Ace
"On screen" though?
I think you're laser focusing on the wording too much. Let's say they don't have game play solidified yet (per Sakurai's own words) that doesn't mean the move-sets aren't hammered out. If i knew exactly what the Jack Frost move was going to do I don't have to have a literal screen in front of me to know he appears "on screen".

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think you're laser focusing on the wording too much. Let's say they don't have game play solidified yet (per Sakurai's own words) that doesn't mean the move-sets aren't hammered out. If i knew exactly what the Jack Frost move was going to do I don't have to have a literal screen in front of me to know he appears "on screen".
When it's a prominent part of a 5 sentence leak, I'm gonna laser focus on it because "on screen" is key. I don't see how I'm hyper focusing.
And you'd think they'd say something other then on screen if they meant a moveset.

Actually, what was said was that Joker wasn't in a playable state. The proximity to such, was never clarified. And furthermore, that was at a time at ieast 2 weeks before the Game Awards.

For all we know, Joker could've been in a playable state by the time of the leak. Heck, he could be in a playable state now as we speak.
Here's the thing, though;

The leak implies Joker AND Erdrick would both be in pretty similar states, even though we just found out Joker isn't too far along yet; not far along to get a trailer, anyway. The leak, however, implies they're both quite far along.

Notice how I use imply a lot. The leak COULD be real, but it's taken a hit.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
When it's a prominent part of a 5 sentence leak, I'm gonna laser focus on it because "on screen" is key. I don't see how I'm hyper focusing.
And you'd think they'd say something other then on screen if they meant a moveset.
I'm saying you're taking it as a literal screen, he doesn't have to see actual gameplay to know how a specific move fundamentally works.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Also to add insult to injury. Why would it be Jack Frost and not Morgana?

Like I know Jack Frost is a big deal but I dont really associate him with Joker like I do the cat guy l.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
When you have to start debating over the interpretation of the phrase “on screen”, I find it harder to take this leak seriously.

Nothing against you personally, but I feel like if that’s the point of contention for keeping this leak alive, then I feel we’ve reached the point of keeping this leak alive just so we have something to debate.

That’s my interpretation of the situation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What issue? I have zero knowledge of the situation.
DBFZ tournament cancelations including EVO Japan due to one of the holders of the IP blocking it. If Toriyama is the one blocking it, people think that any Toriyama character would have issues in the Smash tournament scene.
Also to add insult to injury. Why would it be Jack Frost and not Morgana?

Like I know Jack Frost is a big deal but I dont really associate him with Joker like I do the cat guy l.
Jack Frost is among one of the many summonable persona in the game while Morgana is a party member which makes integrating JF to Joker's moveset easier than a party member as Arsene is used already, the Mementos thing as stage also makes sense (as much as it sucks).

To add to this, Jack Frost is the mascot of the whole SMT series which Persona is derived from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No we haven't. All we know is that weeks before his reveal, Joker wasn't in a playable state. That doesn't translate into however far along with development they are regarding him and any other DLC characters.
...yes, we have.
Apologies if I sound redundant, but they couldn't even get him any semblance of a model in his trailer.
I don't think I'm really getting your point. My point is that, if Joker isn't far along enough to have a model or in a playable state, then I fail to see how a leaker could know all these details about him AND Erdrick, who, according to the leak, would be at the same level of development; that is, pretty far along.

D

Deleted member

The issue with Joker's speculation, is that we don't know the time when Sakurai was told by Nintendo that they wanted to reveal Joker. From the translated interview Sakurai says that the timing wasn't bad at all so it could mean a couple of weeks before the VGA's, since also they needed to contact the VA's for Joker and the cast to do the reveal video and also do the animation. And considering DLC wasn't meant to start development until Ultimate was finished which was around mid November, that would've given about a month of development for Joker before the text leak at most if we talk about it strictly unless some other factors made the start a bit earlier(modeling) or later on the month(breaks). It's difficult to tell, but we would be able to get some answers soon with the whole Persona event soon and the speculated January direct.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I thought the leak was implying that Jack Frost and Slime were stage hazards, and not a part of Joker and Erdrick’s moveset.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Did you guys even read the whole article?

"Of course, I hadn't even started on development at that point, so there wasn't any gameplay we could show"

Key phrase being "hadn't even started".

Yet the leak that claims to know movesets, stages, and color variations is still being considered?

I'd link the article if I could, but I'm on my phone.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Whether the Erdrick "leak" is real or not (I honestly doubt it is, but it would be cool if I'm wrong), there are other reasons I believe Erdrick may be the SE rep. I've been thinking about this stuff for a while, and it may sound stupid, so please forgive me if I'm not making much sense.

To start, Vergeben has apparently been hearing Erdrick more than the rest of the characters on the list. While not strange in and of itself, what is weird to me is that he claims to have heard Luminary mentioned alongside Erdrick pretty consistently. Why would he continually hear them both mentioned together? Wouldn't just one of them suffice for the purpose of leak-bait?

It wouldn't be that strange if their names were always being heard separately, but for them to be mentioned together so often that it'd give off the impression of them sharing a slot is sorta interesting.

It would be one thing if he was just hearing "DQ Protagonist", but to hear both of these specific heroes mentioned by name together multiple times? That's some weird leak-bait, in my opinion. "Erdrick is still the Square Enix character I have heard about most with Luminary almost always mention when someone heard Erdrick's name come up. I won't say with any certainty who the Square Enix character definitely is. I will say I would not be surprised if the reason why Erdrick (and Luminary) has come up so much is cuz he is the character" is a direct quote from a post he made fairly recently, so I don't think I'm mistaken here.

From what I understand, these two are the only characters on the list to be consistently mentioned together. Perhaps I'm mistaken, and please correct me if I am, but that's what it seems like. I don't see why this would happen when just one of them would be good enough.

----------

While not that big of a deal, the other thing that gets me thinking is that people like Vergeben seem to be hearing the name "Erdrick"; the character's western name. In Japan, he's known as "Roto". I did some quick research on it quite a while back, and from what I can remember, I believe Erdrick is the only character on the list who's name is completely different in Japan. I could be wrong on that, so feel free to correct me.

Why is this important at all? Well, it would suggest that either these insiders are knowledgeable enough in DQ to know that "Erdrick" and "Roto" are the same character, or that they've specifically been hearing his western name being thrown around. Not sure if this would mean anything at all, but it's interesting to note, I guess.

As people around here are very keen to mention, Erdrick isn't exactly a character or name most people in the west really recognize, so for his English name to be thrown around so much as the possible SE rep just seems a little weird. Couple that with how he's often heard alongside Luminary, and it gets a little bit weirder. I don't know, this is just some of my random musings.

I apologize if this all sounded stupid and made no sense. I'm probably just overthinking things and reaching for reasons to hold onto hope. All of this probably means nothing, most likely. I know that.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Did you guys even read the whole article?

"Of course, I hadn't even started on development at that point, so there wasn't any gameplay we could show"

Key phrase being "hadn't even started".

Yet the leak that claims to know movesets, stages, and color variations is still being considered?

I'd link the article if I could, but I'm on my phone.
https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ys-online-matchmaking-is-under-investigation/

Things to note, he says Joker hasn't been produced at the time Nintendo asked (Which could have been anywhere between October or November) and that Joker currently isn't in a presentable state. To us, that means nothing. Even a half finished character would be unpresentable, maybe even a character 75% completed wouldn't be presentable. All it really means is that Joker, as he currently exists, is Jank. It does not mean that the ground work isn't done

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Whether the Erdrick "leak" is real or not (I honestly doubt it is, but it would be cool if I'm wrong), there are other reasons I believe Erdrick may be the SE rep. I've been thinking about this stuff for a while, and it may sound stupid, so please forgive me if I'm not making much sense.

To start, Vergeben has apparently been hearing Erdrick more than the rest of the characters on the list. While not strange in and of itself, what is weird to me is that he claims to have heard Luminary mentioned alongside Erdrick pretty consistently. Why would he continually hear them both mentioned together? Wouldn't just one of them suffice for the purpose of leak-bait?

It wouldn't be that strange if their names were always being heard separately, but for them to be mentioned together so often that it'd give off the impression of them sharing a slot is sorta interesting.

It would be one thing if he was just hearing "DQ Protagonist", but to hear both of these specific heroes mentioned by name together multiple times? That's some weird leak-bait, in my opinion. "Erdrick is still the Square Enix character I have heard about most with Luminary almost always mention when someone heard Erdrick's name come up. I won't say with any certainty who the Square Enix character definitely is. I will say I would not be surprised if the reason why Erdrick (and Luminary) has come up so much is cuz he is the character" is a direct quote from a post he made fairly recently, so I don't think I'm mistaken here.

From what I understand, these two are the only characters on the list to be consistently mentioned together. Perhaps I'm mistaken, and please correct me if I am, but that's what it seems like. I don't see why this would happen when just one of them would be good enough.

----------

While not that big of a deal, the other thing that gets me thinking is that people like Vergeben seem to be hearing the name "Erdrick"; the character's western name. In Japan, he's known as "Roto". I did some quick research on it quite a while back, and from what I can remember, I believe Erdrick is the only character on the list who's name is completely different in Japan. I could be wrong on that, so feel free to correct me.

Why is this important at all? Well, it would suggest that either these insiders are knowledgeable enough in DQ to know that "Erdrick" and "Roto" are the same character, or that they've specifically been hearing his western name being thrown around. Not sure if this would mean anything at all, but it's interesting to note, I guess.

As people around here are very keen to mention, Erdrick isn't exactly a character or name most people in the west really recognize, so for his English name to be thrown around so much as the possible SE rep just seems a little weird. Couple that with how he's often heard alongside Luminary, and it gets a little bit weirder. I don't know, this is just some of my random musings.

I apologize if this all sounded stupid and made no sense. I'm probably just overthinking things and reaching for reasons to hold onto hope. All of this probably means nothing, most likely. I know that.
Oh no Erdrick is definitely our front-runner.
IMO Luminary and Erdrick together could have been them sending out two DQ reps as leakbait (look, guys, Slime was never really part of the 7, literally one dude heard about them) since DQ is their biggest series but that's a stretch.

Also I don't think Verge has mentioned if he's heard specifically Erdrick or Roto; good chance he's just saying Erdrick because that's what we, English speakers majority-wise, know him as. There's a decent chance Verge has heard Roto and looked up Roto and realized it was Erdrick and was done with it there, but this is a good point.

Buddy, you don't gotta reach for a thing; speaking as one of the biggest Geno advocates in the modern day of Smashboards, Erdrick's our most likely Squenix rep.

https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...ys-online-matchmaking-is-under-investigation/

Things to note, he says Joker hasn't been produced at the time Nintendo asked (Which could have been anywhere between October or November) and that Joker currently isn't in a presentable state. To us, that means nothing. Even a half finished character would be unpresentable, maybe even a character 75% completed wouldn't be presentable. All it really means is that Joker, as he currently exists, is Jank. It does not mean that the ground work isn't done
"Of course, we have to plan the next DLC character, and the next… and so on and so forth."

Not to imply that orders were ever essential to the manner of the leak being real or not but this certainly makes it sound like Joker is the first to begin development.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
"Of course, we have to plan the next DLC character, and the next… and so on and so forth."

Not to imply that orders were ever essential to the manner of the leak being real or not but this certainly makes it sound like Joker is the first to begin development.
Sakurai's not going to say "We had other characters we were working on before, but We wanted to reveal Joker first anyway" if that really is the case. Once he was revealed he is and always will be treated as the first character they worked on by the dev staff because we, as fans, don't need to know the behind the scenes work that goes into developing the characters.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sakurai's not going to say "We had other characters we were working on before, but We wanted to reveal Joker first anyway" if that really is the case. Once he was revealed he is and always will be treated as the first character they worked on by the dev staff because we, as fans, don't need to know the behind the scenes work that goes into developing the characters.
Even so, let's put this in perspective;
Development on DLC characters only began after the game went gold. So the implication here is that, in a matter of weeks, Erdrick and Joker were at the same level of progress, which, according to the leak, is a damn good level.

...and one couldn't have a trailer made because of the state they were in.

I think we're just gonna go in circles about this. I get why you feel the way you do, hopefully you can get why I feel the way I do.

Calane

Smash Ace
Oh no Erdrick is definitely our front-runner.
IMO Luminary and Erdrick together could have been them sending out two DQ reps as leakbait (look, guys, Slime was never really part of the 7, literally one dude heard about them) since DQ is their biggest series but that's a stretch.

Also I don't think Verge has mentioned if he's heard specifically Erdrick or Roto; good chance he's just saying Erdrick because that's what we, English speakers majority-wise, know him as. There's a decent chance Verge has heard Roto and looked up Roto and realized it was Erdrick and was done with it there, but this is a good point.

Buddy, you don't gotta reach for a thing; speaking as one of the biggest Geno advocates in the modern day of Smashboards, Erdrick's our most likely Squenix rep.
I hesitate to call him most likely, but I do think he has a decent enough shot. I often get a little apprehensive when things seem to be going my way, so I won't truly believe it's Erdrick until I actually see him announced, lol.

Oh, and I admit that that's a possibility. Them sending out multiple DQ reps as leak-bait, I mean. The thing that's weird about it is that Erdrick and Luminary are often mentioned together, not separately. This little detail just strikes me as odd since it would be unnecessary.

You're right though, Verge hasn't specified if he's been hearing Erdrick or Roto. I wish there was some way we could figure that out, honestly.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Weren’t voice lines already recorded for Joker?

I remember in the article, Sakurai stated that they did some voice overs with Joker’s VAs and apparently there was a lot of clips that didn’t end up getting used much to Sakurai’s disappointment, saying “What a waste”.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Even so, let's put this in perspective;
Development on DLC characters only began after the game went gold. So the implication here is that, in a matter of weeks, Erdrick and Joker were at the same level of progress, which, according to the leak, is a damn good level.

...and one couldn't have a trailer made because of the state they were in.

I think we're just gonna go in circles about this. I get why you feel the way you do, hopefully you can get why I feel the way I do.
Making a trailer isn't something that can be done in just a few days. Even if Joker could have been presentable by the VGAs there wouldn't have been time to make a trailer. By no means am I saying Joker is in a state ready to be shown off, but I do think his moveset and basic fundamentals are already done in a state that would, essentially, be a skeleton of what he eventually will be. Same goes for any other potential DLC character. In some vein, Sakurai is not the word of God, he's also PR. What he's saying is good for PR even if it's not 100% the truth.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I hesitate to call him most likely, but i do think he has a decent enough shot. I often get a little apprehensive when things seem to be going my way, so I won't truly believe it's Erdrick until I actually see him announced, lol.

Oh, and I admit that that's a possibility. Them sending out multiple DQ reps as leak-bait, I mean. The thing that's weird about it is that Erdrick and Luminary are often mentioned together, not separately. This little detail just strikes me as odd since it would be unnecessary.

You're right though, Verge hasn't specified if he's been hearing Erdrick or Roto. I wish there was some way we could figure that out, honestly.
Erdrick's got a lot going for him. DQ's ****ing huge, he's the face of the series (shoutout to Eight the only DQ fella I've ever loved).

I do think you're gonna get what you want, tbh, rooting for you pal.

Making a trailer isn't something that can be done in just a few days. By no means am I saying Joker is in a state ready to be shown off, but I do think his moveset and basic fundamentals are already done in a state that would, essentially, be a skeleton of what he eventually will be. Same goes for any other potential DLC character. In some vein, Sakurai is not the word of God, he's also PR. What he's saying is good for PR even if it's not 100% the truth.
Which wouldn't be shocking, but what would be shocking was if they had that AND Erdrick. And both were along at the same rate.
We can't just accept some things Sakurai says as gospel and regard the rest as just for PR, but I get what you're saying.

Weren’t voice lines already recorded for Joker?

I remember in the article, Sakurai stated that they did some voice overs with Joker’s VAs and apparently there was a lot of clips that didn’t end up getting used much to Sakurai’s disappointment, saying “What a waste”.
No, it was specifically voice lines for the trailer.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Which wouldn't be shocking, but what would be shocking was if they had that AND Erdrick. And both were along at the same rate.
We can't just accept some things Sakurai says as gospel and regard the rest as just for PR, but I get what you're saying.
There's been rumors of an SE character since August, and I really don't think it's just something that sprung up. If those rumors are true, then it's possible the SE rep began development before Joker and when Nintendo requested Joker for the VGAs priorities shifted. All I'm really trying to say is that there's a **** ton we don't know and just because something doesn't make sense from our point of view does not mean it didn't happen.

There are some points of contention, though. That being seeing a playable Steve model in August when NOATesty never said anything about it a month later. That is something that is weird and doesn't make sense.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There's been rumors of an SE character since August, and I really don't think it's just something that sprung up. If those rumors are true, then it's possible the SE rep began development before Joker and when Nintendo requested Joker for the VGAs priorities shifted. All I'm really trying to say is that there's a **** ton we don't know and just because something doesn't make sense from our point of view does not mean it didn't happen.

There are some points of contention, though. That being seeing a playable Steve model in August when NOATesty never said anything about it a month later. That is something that is weird and doesn't make sense.
Seeing as Steve as a playable character has only been said by 2 people, wouldn't put stock in that lol

Also; consider maybe the SE rep NEGOTIATIONS went on before Joker began dev, not necessarily the physical dev. But thank you for the elaboration; that would make sense.

D

Deleted member

I hesitate to call him most likely, but I do think he has a decent enough shot. I often get a little apprehensive when things seem to be going my way, so I won't truly believe it's Erdrick until I actually see him announced, lol.

I'm feeling the same way lol. Everyone seems to think they're almost certainly in, and it does make sense, but I just dont want to get my hopes up. I think them being TOGETHER though would signify they would be alts for each other which sounds plausible enough.

Top Bottom