• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Banish 2 Begins

Vote Count [B2-0]

Not Voting: FrozenFlame, bessie, somitomi, Z25, HeuristicCheese, Darkpit, FateShirou

With 7 players in Limbo, it takes 4 to banish.
The deadline for Banish 2 is Sunday, the 30th at 10:00 pm MT.

----

Please note the shortened deadline.
It may be extended by 24 hours if five players post the command
##PraytoLaserGuy in their journal.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, dammit, the drive home yesterday somehow drained all mental energy I had and I completely blanked on this. Will catch up shortly.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
FateShirou FateShirou If you could answer this, please:
So if bessie did the same thing I was doing earlier, why do you want to flip bessie first?
Oh, and that doesn't really answer the question about bessie's case.
Your reaction is what I continued to find interesting.
....all righty then.
I still think Darkpit is where my vote is going, but no one else has really thrown out ideals that they are sticking with for sanction. Most of this day has just been spent on other things.
I think there wasn't anything driving a debate over the more controversial suggestions like me or Frozen, since Sabrar was on pretty much everyone's "sanction" list.
1) it was hammered into my head that roles are NAI so i still think its not worth using his powers yet, only time i see see it being useful was if someone had voted and wasnt going to show up for EoD
You do realise Swiss can only use the power early in the phase so this wouldn't work.
Swiss or Z25 or sabrar(tho the more i see them post the more vary i am of them)
Could you explain why people posting more makes you wary of them?

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
You do realise Swiss can only use the power early in the phase so this wouldn't work.
i never said my gambits would work 🤣
Could you explain why people posting more makes you wary of them?

the more they posted = the more posts i read from them = the more vary i was of them, didnt like some of their recent posts whatevery they are town

Not Vote
Swiss
Bessie
Z25

Vote
Somitomi
Darkpit
FrozenFlame

The people who could flip are somi and z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m glad Sabrar was town. I had a feeling he was, but man this setup gives such high stake vibes when you consider how the sanction mechanic works. It’s kind of fun though.

Sabers can definitely be a big help in solving this game now I bet. We should take his last suggestions into account t so we can plan more today and try and solve the bigger picture.

We really need more activity though. The later parts of our phases have had way smaller presences making things harder to figure out and our gambits on votes we’re feeling riskier than ever

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Sabers can definitely be a big help in solving this game now I bet. We should take his last suggestions into account t so we can plan more today and try and solve the bigger picture.
what suggestion are you talking about?
Flipping FF? Me?
Bessie could be scum?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
what suggestion are you talking about?
Flipping FF? Me?
Bessie could be scum?
I’m talking about discussing all of these and going from there. Although i still think we should get the Frozen Flip out of all of these

somitomi

Smash Journeyman

the more they posted = the more posts i read from them = the more vary i was of them, didnt like some of their recent posts whatevery they are town
Well you worded that oddly, like the amount of posting itself was the reason you were wary. Which isn't unreasonable, I just wanted to clarify what you meant. I'm also inclined to ask what posts you didn't like and why you didn't like them.
We really need more activity though. The later parts of our phases have had way smaller presences making things harder to figure out and our gambits on votes we’re feeling riskier than ever
What gambits?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well you worded that oddly, like the amount of posting itself was the reason you were wary. Which isn't unreasonable, I just wanted to clarify what you meant. I'm also inclined to ask what posts you didn't like and why you didn't like them.

What gambits?
Gambits as in the sanction idea itself.

We had like half the players in the game active EOD, and we all had varying opinions. Coming to a conclusive vote felt like a gambit or navigating a minefield to me. I had good hope that Sabrar was town, but that didn’t stop me from being paranoid about the what if we are wrong scenario.

Lynches feel way bigger this game due to the consequences of mislynches. It’s a very interesting concept.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
enough of that
top 3 scum right now
lay it on me

HeuristicCheese

Smash Rookie
Better head of hydra here. Screen broke last night and couldn't be on for deadline. :'( (Any recommendations on what type of phone I should buy next?)
What I was thinking was looking at the activity level of each player between phases.
The first number is the total number of posts made to date. The second number is the number of posts made after the first phase. Percentage is the percentage of posts made made after first phase.

bessie 22 posts - 7 posts 32%
Frozen Flame 64 posts - 14 posts 22%
Somitomi 36 posts - 9 posts 25%
Z25 55 posts - 35 posts 64%
Darkpit 45 posts - 2 posts 4%
FateShirou 92 posts - 19 posts 21%
Swiss/Hydra 92 posts - 7 posts 8%

Z25 was the only truly active player during phase 2 and I read that as town. Darkpit being gone I read as more NAI. Bessie, while still having the lowest posts over all, that's more due to her posting style. She comparatively was the second most active player and I read that as being consistent and town. Frozen, somi, and Fate were all in the same realm. I'm not familiar with Frozen's town so much. Can anyone give any comment on Frozen playing so aggro defensive as scum? Somi still sounds so typical somi that sounds kinda scummy and ends with a mislynch. Fate I was really expecting to hear more from during the last phase with such a high post count. Fate ended up having the lowest percent of comparative posts excluding the players on the inactive side, which I find rather suspicious. I'm going to make an assumption that in this playstyle of game in seems more advantageous for mafia to wait a bit more than the norm to vote during sanction phase.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Annoyingly, I'm going to join the V/LA crowd over the weekend. I think an extension might be worthwile considering the general lack of activity here.
enough of that
top 3 scum right now
lay it on me
Enough of what?
And no, I'm not going to comply with your request now, seeing as you completely dodged my question.
I'm going to make an assumption that in this playstyle of game in seems more advantageous for mafia to wait a bit more than the norm to vote during sanction phase.
Is there a reasoning behind this assumption? I was thinking earlier that mafia is biding their time, hoping to get themselves sanctioned in later sanctioning phases when they have more influence over the votes. Their win condition needs them to sanction two of them without regard for how many spirits have been sanctioned before, so getting one (or even more if they're willing to roll the dice on a Banishing) town sanctioned first isn't much of a disadvantage for them. It occured to me that Sabrar may have been universally townread (and sanctioned) partly because mafia didn't want to rock the boat too much and removing a strong town player isn't against their interests.
This is all more long term though and has no bearing on how mafia would vote within a particular phase.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Fate I was really expecting to hear more from during the last phase with such a high post count. Fate ended up having the lowest percent of comparative posts excluding the players on the inactive side, which I find rather suspicious.
Can't really talk to myself can I
made a post after dinner, and now in the morning theres only 2 new post
not sure what to make of this low activity, even EoD isnt better :drshrug:

Xivii Xivii
Can darkpit be prodded

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can't really talk to myself can I
made a post after dinner, and now in the morning theres only 2 new post
not sure what to make of this low activity, even EoD isnt better :drshrug:

Xivii Xivii
Can darkpit be prodded
This is honestly my exact philosophy right now. I was here most of the pst day phase but there wasn’t any around really.

HeuristicCheese HeuristicCheese interesting breakdown there. I can’t say I’ve seen posts measured like that before. I have one request though, can we have clarification on who is making each post please? It would help with better reading your metas and knowing who thinks what.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
DonKarnageJoy.png

Such joy to be back in mafia.

Give me some time and I will read up.

Can someone also give me a summary of what has happened in their own words?

Reactions: Z25

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Laserguy got banished, i was one of their pushes to be banished, they were town
Sabrar got sanctioned , i was feeling vary of them, but am glad they turned out town

we are in banished phrase 2
I posted my town/scum list earlier
after ur done reading, ask about placements if u want to

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
top 3 scum
lets go
Frozen
Swiss
And then last sit isn’t a hard lock atm but I’m leaning Somi potentially. I don’t have as good a read for a 3rd scum because there is a lot of inactivity recently which has made it harder for me to narrow it down.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 316918

Such joy to be back in mafia.

Give me some time and I will read up.

Welcome Red, good intro picture, Ducktales finale was good.

Fate summed it up pretty well, only thing worth mentioning is how there been a lot of inactivity leading to town being very divided so currently we don’t have a straight path forward, only Sabrar’s words are worth considering, so I hope to see your thoughts when you get caught up.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Cool, so I guess Fate isn't going to answer my question. Noted.
Hi, Red Ryu!
The end of the first banish phase was fairly chaotic, FateShirou got to L-1 and then that wagon disappeared. I was on the chopping block at EOD when LaserGuy used his ability to extend the phase and got banished for his efforts. Sanction phase was fairly slow, Z25 made a big case on Frozen, Sabrar was sancioned fairly unanimously and now we're here.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
stop pouting
So if bessie did the same thing I was doing earlier, why do you want to flip bessie first?
Oh, and that doesn't really answer the question about bessie's case.
why bessie first?

in all seriousness, it was partly due to me finding their posts to be too much recaping and less content
gotta start somewhere tbh

now can you let us know ur top 3 scum

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Swiss
And then last sit isn’t a hard lock atm but I’m leaning Somi potentially. I don’t have as good a read for a 3rd scum because there is a lot of inactivity recently which has made it harder for me to narrow it down.
ok
what do you find troubling about the swiss slot and what about somi
they both been posting much more than the others
so what? are you going to accuse them? what do you find scummy about those two

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for my absence yesterday I should have more time over the weekend.

Red Ryu thank you for replacing.

The people who could flip are somi and z25
Can you explain this? Do you mean flip scum? Then why is Z25 on your Not Vote list?

Regarding Sabrar’s suggestions re the game mechanics, do you think it would be worthwhile to work on pairs or triplets?

Coming to a conclusive vote felt like a gambit or navigating a minefield to me. I had good hope that Sabrar was town, but that didn’t stop me from being paranoid
Can you explain? Sabrar and Darkpit were the only players with votes. It didn’t feel like there were many options so I'm not sure what you mean by minefield.

Z25 was the only truly active player during phase 2 and I read that as town. Darkpit being gone I read as more NAI. Bessie, while still having the lowest posts over all, that's more due to her posting style. She comparatively was the second most active player and I read that as being consistent and town. Frozen, somi, and Fate were all in the same realm. I'm not familiar with Frozen's town so much. Can anyone give any comment on Frozen playing so aggro defensive as scum? Somi still sounds so typical somi that sounds kinda scummy and ends with a mislynch. Fate I was really expecting to hear more from during the last phase with such a high post count. Fate ended up having the lowest percent of comparative posts excluding the players on the inactive side, which I find rather suspicious. I'm going to make an assumption that in this playstyle of game in seems more advantageous for mafia to wait a bit more than the norm to vote during sanction phase.
Did you count Maven’s posts in Z25’s post count?
I am also reading Darkpit’s absence as NAI, I think with some more content he could have been sanctioned so I doubt he was lurking on purpose.
I don’t think I have played with Frozen where he was scum; he was scum in Completely Vanilla Mafia (which I didn’t play).

Annoyingly, I'm going to join the V/LA crowd over the weekend. I think an extension might be worthwile considering the general lack of activity here.
Enough of what?
And no, I'm not going to comply with your request now, seeing as you completely dodged my question.

Unfortunate, deadline is Sunday night (early Monday for you and you’ll probably be asleep).
If you’re not posting this weekend (unless we get an extension) you should at least leave us your reads. And your vote if you won't be back.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ok
what do you find troubling about the swiss slot and what about somi
they both been posting much more than the others
so what? are you going to accuse them? what do you find scummy about those two
Swiss’s slot even with a hydra tanked with activists. Which is not inherently scummy, doesn’t help make them better regardless of their posts.

Also they only posted a few things last phase.

Now can you sit here and tell me anything that sold out from their posts, or had actual contribution or effect on the last round? I would say no because nothing really sticks out there.

If you look back they gave one sentence to different posts which just scratched the surface of explaining or showing reads or problems. And most of the sentences were just questions towards other players.

It’s because of that, that I’m leaning this could be a scum hydra that doesn’t know how to progress naturally when they know whose town and not. The content just isn’t anything impactful imo. Which is why I don’t trust the slot currently. I know they are both busy, but that’s not changing my mind on the quality of what they did post. I still want to see more on them and their thoughts but right now i can’t buy into them being high odds for town.

Somi like I said was there based on Sabrar’s suspicions. I don’t want to go in on a re read of slots without the Frozen flip tbh. It gives us a lot to work with as there’s been varying interactions over multiple posts to look at. I can’t say the same for any other scum candidate.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry for my absence yesterday I should have more time over the weekend.

Red Ryu thank you for replacing.

Can you explain this? Do you mean flip scum? Then why is Z25 on your Not Vote list?

Regarding Sabrar’s suggestions re the game mechanics, do you think it would be worthwhile to work on pairs or triplets?

Can you explain? Sabrar and Darkpit were the only players with votes. It didn’t feel like there were many options so I'm not sure what you mean by minefield.

Did you count Maven’s posts in Z25’s post count?
I am also reading Darkpit’s absence as NAI, I think with some more content he could have been sanctioned so I doubt he was lurking on purpose.
I don’t think I have played with Frozen where he was scum; he was scum in Completely Vanilla Mafia (which I didn’t play).

Unfortunate, deadline is Sunday night (early Monday for you and you’ll probably be asleep).
If you’re not posting this weekend (unless we get an extension) you should at least leave us your reads. And your vote if you won't be back.
I think it’s easier to work on pairs. Trios has so many possibilities that it’s way harder to narrow down, at least with one scum flip we can gain a better understanding and better chance at nailing a duo than a trio imo. Trios will usually work to separate themselves, but duos can end up smartly communicating with mates throughout the game in my personal experience. So I think it’s better to start small than big there.

As for the votes, like I said, regardless of Sabrar Or Dark Pit being town in that vote, we didn’t knowthe outcome for sure, either could have been scum and we would have been working. Which is why it was pretty nerveracking. There’s always that small doubt and with high stakes since a miss lynch could hurt us big time. Which is why i was very relieved to see we were right on Sabrar. I was pretty confidenthe was town but that doesn’t mean I couldn’t have been wrong so it was still scary.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m curious why my slot claimed his character already but it is what it is. I would have held onto that longer

I generally take people not reading the rules as being town lean but too many people did this, so not sure on that.

Claims only matter with trying to figure out intent behind actions since everything is random.
Sets got called but I am on page 3 so far, will check later but on mobile nothing stood out to me super big read and feel wise.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m curious why my slot claimed his character already but it is what it is. I would have held onto that longer

I generally take people not reading the rules as being town lean but too many people did this, so not sure on that.

Claims only matter with trying to figure out intent behind actions since everything is random.
Sets got called but I am on page 3 so far, will check later but on mobile nothing stood out to me super big read and feel wise.
The characters and roles are pointless this game. There’s no night kill, abilities are mild, and Zen said he took a bunch of names and randomized their alignment and role.

So good characters in the movie could be scum here in concept and vice versa

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
For the record I see on page 5 people talking about why we do not mass claim. I’m against it in this case because I think it can limit scum and if they get caught in a lie it’s a free lynch.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I dislike Sabrar and Somi because lots of text but zero impression in hindsight.

that generally gives me bad vibes whenI recall people mostly a bit but it being unmemorable to me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I want to like Swiss, this feels like Swiss in aspects of post to post thoughts but less bravado than I thought . Feels off to me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Right. Ignore me.

I didn’t understand from your tone in more recent posts.

Sorry guys my work is simply insane and it’s making me not mentally present here even if I appear active.
Do you have a new job? Don’t need full details just that you seem very different than what I remember.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't have too much to say as of now, but I wanted to touch on some things here.

This is a good breakdown of people based on current and past experience. I really liked Laser's viewpoints on Bessie here. Last time I played, Bessie was pretty solid, always posting big reads. This slot's dog posting behavior is a weird change, that could either be a way to contribute with fluff, although, maybe to hint at a role. It;s been awhile since I watched this film so I don't remember everything in it. Still the game is still light, and I'd watch that slot for sure.

Sabrar, I actually kind of lean town on right now. As I do remember a lot of mechanics talk from that slot, and similarily I've seen that slot as scum with actions like here in prior games, but they've been town in those games.

Swiss is honestly my highest scum read right, because that mass claim think is very odd behavior for a townie who didn't seem to have read the rules or grasped that this was not a normal game. So suggesting a mass claim day without realizing what could happen from it if this were a typical game, gives me the vibe of an unexperienced scum.

Dark Pit was also feels town to me. They have been actively participating and their insight and thoughts felt like natural breakdowns of things from their unforced perspective.

Everyone else I'm not sure of right now. as its still early into the game.
If this old school Swiss he is not inexperienced.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think Fate is in a similar boat as FF where they are trying to piece things together. Odd reads but I think I get where they are coming from.

Top Bottom