• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spirited Away - Game Thread - Game Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count [B1-6]

Swiss | 2/5 | FrozenFlame, FateShirou
bessie |2/5| LaserGuy, Swiss
LaserGuy | 1/5 | Sabrar
somitomi | 1/5 | bessie

Not Voting: Z25, Darkpit, somitomi

sab, sab
las, sab
sab, unv
sab, las
mav, las - invalid
swiss, las
som, shi

som, unv
fro, swi

swi, las - already voting
shi, swi

las, bes
swi, bes

las, shi

bes, somi
las, bes

With 9 players in Limbo, it takes 5 to banish.
The deadline for Banish 1 is Friday, the 21st at 11:59 pm MT.

Last edited:

Swiss

Smash Lord
FrozenFlame
Town 'Leader' at least in his eyes. Like the mayor of the village. Town

bessie
No strong opinion. I was leaning town on her despite wagon vote. Like her big catch up. See Laser for more

Somitomi
Scumlean, no meaningful comment

Maven/Z25
Liked Maven even if for bad reasons.
No way does z25 come into this as a scum and his team haven't told him who I am. Read on me from not knowing I did know about NK's from sign ups is very natural. Town

Sabrar
You said I feel tonally the same as last game, could you go more in depth on that please. See Laser for more.

Swiss

LaserGuy
Started off scummy. I like him much more now. Meta on me is accurate, I am extremely conscious of how differently I am playing here. I am far more scatter brained. Had a comment on Bessie, don't recall it now.

Darkpit
Town

FateShirou
Plays like I used to. The 'oh I didn't see' etc from D1 is extremely planned. I appreciate the hypocrisy here but listen to this.

As an aside, if my ability to dedicated meaningful time to this game doesn't improve I will replace. I cannot abide quick posting while on a call but never really being able to sit down and think. It's why I left mafia years ago when I was building the business and recently it's exploded again. Shame as you seem a nice bunch even if you make me be polite.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar
You said I feel tonally the same as last game, could you go more in depth on that please. See Laser for more.
There's not much depth to it. I perceived the same vibe (or tone, or attitude, whatever you want to call it) as in the previous games we played. It's spontaneous, not calculated or reserved.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Sabrar Sabrar It's possible you said this already, but why didn't you claim even after everyone else did?
omeone hands you a gun, who do you shoot

yes this is drastic, but im losing my patience, i dont want this phrase to keep on dragging out
Ah yes, I saw that coming. If only I came up with an answer.
Right now I'd probably OMGUS bessie
I had tried to question somitomi on fake claims, because his claim stands out to me. It is the only claim that mentions an alignment, or that targets a specific alignment. I am suspicious that this is a false claim and that somitomi was trying to claim a townie power.
Yeah, the role PM says "player of opposing alignment" but in paraphrasing the role I used the appropriate alignment instead, sue me. I also didn't mention that if I remove a spirit, they can't vote in Judgement Day, because it's irrelevant. I knew full well that roles are not tied to alignment [#23], so coming up with a "townie power" makes little sense here. And at the risk of opening a bottle of wine, do I strike you as the scum player who proactively claims a made-up power before there's even consensus about a mass claim?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sabrar Sabrar It's possible you said this already, but why didn't you claim even after everyone else did?
1. I am not a sheep. I don't like to be pushed.
2. My ability is extremely situational, almost completely useless (as either alignment) if players are at least a bit competent and unverifiable on its own.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy
your interaction with sabrar was interesting
i say its fake and plotted
1. Please clarify what part of that interaction looked fake and plotted.
2. Plot requires 2 players to plan, are you saying we staged that together?

Vote
FrozenFlame
Swiss
Sabrar

Unsure
Z25
bessie

Not Vote
Darkpit
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Please explain why you would vote FrozenFlame and why you wouldn't vote somitomi.

##Unvote

##FateShirou

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
1. Please clarify what part of that interaction looked fake and plotted.
the part where u went through bessie's post and commenting on wether a line of text was fluff or not
yes, thank you very much for telling us a dog picture was fluff
2. Plot requires 2 players to plan, are you saying we staged that together?
it could be a t/w interaction sure
Please explain why you would vote FrozenFlame and why you wouldn't vote somitomi.
because i dont scum read somitomi?
I looked at the player list, and thought to myself who would i be comfortable with voting out
and something about a taxi driver dosnt sit right with me which i already commented on

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Great forum software.

because i dont scum read somitomi?
Not scum-reading someone and town-reading someone are two different things. Why are you town-reading somitomi?

and something about a taxi driver dosnt sit right with me which i already commented on
And bessie already commented that abilities are randomly assigned so this simply cannot be your only reason.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
Not scum-reading someone and town-reading someone are two different things.
you do realize that day 1 vote list is different from town reading/scum reading
not voting for someone now dosnt mean i town-read, just that i dont have a reason to vote for them
And bessie already commented that abilities are randomly assigned so this simply cannot be your only reason.

It was to show how LaserGuy applied different standards when evaluating that post. Di you try to understand the context or just glanced at it?
yes i even went as far to read wam's chaos game where our resident dog was town
do i agree with laser guys assessment that their game has been mostly fluff and not scumhunting as much as in that game or others
i could see it like you said it could be biased and i fell for that to when you dig up someone's post, you sometimes end up twisting their words to fit your agenda that you sought out

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Explain re: me - makes no sense

I didn’t realise everyone would have a ****ty ability but since no night phase and NKs it was an idea. You see me ask this in the sign up thread.

I even figured out everyone had an ability!
Well I was basing my point of it, being you didn’t have any idea of the abilities at play if your weren’t town.

But it is true I did not read the sign up thread as I only just subbed in when asked, and haven’t visited this forum section in awhile

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
getting close to around 14 hours left
we have to think about what happens after we banish someone
there isnt a nightphrase, where do we go next

Bessie
bessie gave out a gift to sabrar
they have been posting in their normal way
their quesioning of Somitomi's claim
their posting has felt a bit defensive, i would like to see them attack someone haha

Frozen
Havnt posted since wednesday
because if you feel laserguy and darkpit are aligned I share that suspicion but in that they're mates so walk me thru this
I would like to have known where they were going with this lol
yea not much going for them besides that swiss/darkpit awkward interaction thing

somitomi
not really much here
they had a back and forth with me about day 1 claims and if it was more helpful for scum, but most of that was spec and i dont really consider it content
i would like to see where they made a vote, like others said they havnt really done much

Z25
they doing well replacing in so fell
dont have much else

Sabrar
pretty reludent to say what their role is, which imo is NAI
they have been hard hitting and not afraid to pressure which i like
any1 know what game they were scum in, just have a bad feeling their tussle with laser was faked

Swiss
giving them some leanway since they are busy irl
some of their posts are strange
givng frozen twon mayor, when they really havnt done much?
i mean if yall scumreading somitomi for not posting meaniful content, why not pressure them with a vote
they are a bit liberal with their town reads haha,

Laserguy
their unvote on me was some

swing at me harder than that
scumreading bessie was fine, their back and forth with sabrar gave me a headache but whatever (i got the name right this time LOL)
they do have some posts looking at the interaction between pairs which i find good
Sabrar/bessie
Sabrar/Swiss was also bought up
I feel like a sabrar flip right now wont be a good idea as they have been aggressive and i want to see where they go next

Darkpit
has an idea of a scum team looking like Frozen, Sabrar, and me
they do make a good point of frozen but not something i would agree with for sabrar
they have been trying to solve this game, so i have them on my non-vote list
i am curious on where their vote would go

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you need more time, I can add 24 hours to the day phase.
I should be able to place a vote in a little bit when I finish re reading the last few pages.

Also since I forgot to yesterday, I’m able to see who used an action on another player. Which has me curious as to how this works in a game with no night kill.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Town
Maven
FrozenFlame
DarkpitTBC,XP
FateShirou
Sabrar
bessie
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Swiss

#118 DarkPit comes across awkward, dislike. Overall like

#119 +ve FS for posting openly his win rates

#120 Keep coming back to this. Does FS genuinely miss the claim, or pretend to have skimmed thinking I'd townread it. Remember this
But throwing the vote out so carelessly is +ve. Either way they're smart

#121 mindmeld

#125 again a bit awkward though

#126 dislike Somi
p.s. what was somis claim

#127 I responded to this also...cautious to me doesn't mean strong reads, it means careful and analytical maybe moreso. easier to discuss outside of a game
You are tonally similar

#130 your reaction to me asking for a Somi wagon, could you go more detail here

#136 i like me

#140 like darkpit. reaction to me feels in theme with most peoples first
re: Maven, thinking about it im not sure. Page 1, then nothing after iirc. Bessie picks up on this also. Got nothing for you there really. I like him page 1 and spitballed my reads list, hence no colours

#142 I feel your push on Sabar echoes the Font push last game. But opinion easing

#153 FF I dont actually get what you dislike of me
Sabrar view same as Lasers?

#154 also, im lost

#165 Dislike Somi again. This is what, 3rd game with me? Yet acts me like suggesting an unreasonable lynch out of nowhere is uncharacteristic.
Sassy to FF which I laughed at.
Are you saying Sabrar is scummy, or null? You just drop that and leave

#169 FF acting like the schoolteacher

#170 who spoon fed what? I can't follow your train of thought I swear. I appreciate the hypocrisy in me saying that

#171 Bessie also picks up the Maven read. Thought he was new though. Like Bessie

#174 Like Laser

Town
FrozenFlame
Darkpit
Sabrar
bessie

Maven
LaserGuy

FateShirou
Somitomi
Swiss

Probably shouldn't be posting this reads list but hey ho.
Why were you listing yourself as scum on your own reads lost? Or did you just use red to show yourself?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m a slippery man. Half the fun.

I think you’re smarter than people are giving you credit for buddy
“I’m a slippery man” is a weird statement. Makes it sound like your trying squirm your way out of bad situations, and I’m not sure a townie would speak like this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
hoo boy you're gonna have a field day with this post, sorry in advance ig

First point I'll make is I'm almost positive that if either Laser or Frozen are scum, the other is not. Their views on powers seem too drastically opposed, as they probably should be. Frozen's role seems to me to be the most potentially dangerous one we have, and if he were scum he would probably want to keep it a secret if possible. Both are clearly logical enough and seemed to have thought over the utility of abilities enough that they definitely would have discussed this as scummates, and I'm fairly sure they would have agreed that it is much more powerful concealed, and I doubt a mass claim would have been suggested. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but this part at least I feel pretty sure of.

With that being said, I think I like Laser this game. Open communication among town always feels very beneficial to me, and he seems to be trying to push for it, especially with roles and their use.

Anyway, current concept for the scumteam is Frozen, Sabrar, and (maybe?) Fate

This interaction is especially odd to me because nothing in his post was directed at or mentioned swiss, and none of the later responses seemed to imply swiss was who he wanted to answer. Further, swiss was one of the ones in Sab's "town" list. Why would he prefer to hear from him over someone he clearly didn't have as positive of an opinion on yet? This logic puzzles me. I was too frazzled at thinking I'd messed something up at first, but either you're just really intent on getting swiss out or you two discussed it beforehand that this was the intention. Feels like it could be a slip.

Anyway, way beyond this, Frozen just feels generally sketchy? Telling Fate to keep his cards close to his chest without acknowledging the benefits that could come from discussing what his plans are, weird read on maven, and I just overall can't really get a handle on him. Xivii probably thanks I'm insane with all the rambling in my notes chat trying to figure him out lol. Tomorrow morning when I'm less tired and delusional I'll probably try to go find some more actual quotes of why I feel this way. Probably largely gut and "bad vibes" on top of everything else at the moment.

As for Sabrar, I keep turning over in my head if suggesting sanctioning a demon is too bold for a demon to do, or if it's exactly what one might do as it's likely to benefit them, and many are likely to see it as being too bold for them to do? I think it would be easy enough for a demon to sorta drop the bait in the one little sentence and see if anyone bites. But also seems to just be his style to theorize potential strategies like that from what everyone else has said, so maybe town him would do it too. Frozen's interaction with him afterwards was odd tho, and overall hasn't contributed too much yet to make me think he's town? Can anyone tell me ab his usual play, and if you think he would bring the topic up as a demon, regardless of if you think he is a demon or not?

I think I remember thinking something was off with both of their reads, too, but I'll need to go back and check.

I have the final member of the scumteam rn as Fate, largely because of his position in camparison to the others? Seems to be in a good place to potentially get "demon sanctioned" maybe, well distanced from Frozen but not the immediate target, and similar things like that. Opposite reads on me and Laser put them in a good position to not be grouped together. Obviously less sure on this one, but think it's a possibility. Especially because I've been thinking this for a while now:

and because there's something else I've been wondering about
This reads list isn’t bad, but is mostly gut rewards, especially in the later parts. Which I think is fair for now. It comes off similarity to my early train of thought this game when I first read the thread. So I think this leans more towards town behavior than anything else.
And remove Laser sus v2

New wagon

##bessie
Interesting how this post is made right after laser put Swiss at the bottom of the rewards list. Swiss even calls this out a few posts later saying how it seems like they are trying to start a wagon on Bessie. I see this more as someone trying to seem town though by “confirming” someone as town in their eyes by removing the vote they had on them.

Both are still very weird actions though.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Why were you listing yourself as scum on your own reads lost? Or did you just use red to show yourself?
He does this every game. I was confused by it the first time I played with him but apparently it's meaningless.

Sabrar Sabrar :
I had tried to question somitomi on fake claims, because his claim stands out to me. It is the only claim that mentions an alignment, or that targets a specific alignment. I am suspicious that this is a false claim and that somitomi was trying to claim a townie power.
Can you honestly tell me you believe that this case comes from Town!bessie?

Reactions: Z25

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Can you honestly tell me you believe that this case comes from Town!bessie?
Absolutely. This is something that town!bessie would notice and focus on. I'm pretty sure that there are multiple examples in the xkcd archives.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Minor correction because of slightly misunderstanding the question: I only say that this could come from town!bessie. I'm not saying that she must be town because of it.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
you do realize that day 1 vote list is different from town reading/scum reading
not voting for someone now dosnt mean i town-read, just that i dont have a reason to vote for them
So if "not vote" is essentially a null read, do you have any actual townreads? And if the "not vote" contains everyone you don't have a reason to vote, why is the other group split into "unsure" and "vote"?

I'm kinda baffled by FateShirou's recent activity. He apparently has mafia experience and yet his last reads list is pure newbie weirdness, there's a couple short sentences about everyone, but it's rather surface level and seems kind of non-committal to me. Comparing it with the "vote-not vote" list in #258 I can't see much correlation between the two.

##FateShirou
for now, because I can't wring anything sensible out of rereading the thread.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
100% gut read.

##Fate
Feels very town Laser. Reminds me of the last time I played with them where they throwing similar guy votes out and doing things like posting only reactions to gain insight on how everyone else would

FrozenFlame
Town 'Leader' at least in his eyes. Like the mayor of the village. Town

bessie
No strong opinion. I was leaning town on her despite wagon vote. Like her big catch up. See Laser for more

Somitomi
Scumlean, no meaningful comment

Maven/Z25
Liked Maven even if for bad reasons.
No way does z25 come into this as a scum and his team haven't told him who I am. Read on me from not knowing I did know about NK's from sign ups is very natural. Town

Sabrar

Swiss

LaserGuy
Started off scummy. I like him much more now. Meta on me is accurate, I am extremely conscious of how differently I am playing here. I am far more scatter brained. Had a comment on Bessie, don't recall it now.

Darkpit
Town

FateShirou
Plays like I used to. The 'oh I didn't see' etc from D1 is extremely planned. I appreciate the hypocrisy here but listen to this.

As an aside, if my ability to dedicated meaningful time to this game doesn't improve I will replace. I cannot abide quick posting while on a call but never really being able to sit down and think. It's why I left mafia years ago when I was building the business and recently it's exploded again. Shame as you seem a nice bunch even if you make me be polite.
Yet again, we see Swiss vote, that person responds to their vote and than Swiss immediately moves them to town.

Specifically this time it was Bessie’s #264 asks for reasoning as to why Swiss voted them.

Swiss Proceeds to make a few posts after Bessie’s before this reads list. None of them address Bessie again and now Bessie is top of their town list for almost no reasoning.

“No strong opinion” is a bold claim to make for someone you randomly voted on.

This further gives me the idea Swiss is trying to attract players,suspect them,”clear” them and then hopes to get a better view in the towns eyes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In re read, my votes going to

##swiss

They seem like a solid bet imo for scum right now

Sabrar

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy
What is your opinion on FateShirou's reason to include FrozenFlame in the votable categoy and the reaction I got when I pointed out how it's illogical?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy
What is your opinion on FateShirou's reason to include FrozenFlame in the votable categoy and the reaction I got when I pointed out how it's illogical?
I agree, it makes no sense to me. He also was voting Swiss or similar reasons and this was pointed out to him then as well and he just sort of brushed it off. I feel like he's deliberately misunderstanding the mechanics.

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
So if "not vote" is essentially a null read, do you have any actual townreads? And if the "not vote" contains everyone you don't have a reason to vote, why is the other group split into "unsure" and "vote"?
sorry if i dont have townreads on people i never played it
i dont get why this is so hard to understand not voting for = people i dont find sus not that i feel they are town
opinons change over time and right now i dont feel like the people like dark, laser and z25 are where im going to vote
might have noticed i took you off that list
and thats because of the nonsense you have been posting, you are going for the low hanging fruit

FateShirou

Smash Apprentice
He also was voting Swiss or similar reasons and this was pointed out to him then as well and he just sort of brushed it off. I feel like he's deliberately misunderstanding the mechanics.
you guys really need to consider what the path forth will be when i flip spirit with my roll being handing out cookies
what will you look at, the people voting for me, the people not voting for me?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually really like somi's case on him as well. I'll bite.

##Fate
There is an interesting case to be made and yeah their voting pattern is odd but honestly so is Swiss’s like I pointed out.

AFAIK we can prove fates role but I don’t think we have a claim or can prove Swiss’s. If we can then please remind me.
you guys really need to consider what the path forth will be when i flip spirit with my roll being handing out cookies
what will you look at, the people voting for me, the people not voting for me?
This is why I say we wait to vote fate. If they prove their role and their target has that Asterik we know they aren’t lying about their cookie role.

That doesn’t mean they can’t be scum, but I see no point in scum having this as a role. It be disrupting the balance if scum got a role that in most games would auto confirm them as town and get no questions asked.

But that’s just my thoughts atm.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
There is an interesting case to be made and yeah their voting pattern is odd but honestly so is Swiss’s like I pointed out.

AFAIK we can prove fates role but I don’t think we have a claim or can prove Swiss’s. If we can then please remind me.

This is why I say we wait to vote fate. If they prove their role and their target has that Asterik we know they aren’t lying about their cookie role.

That doesn’t mean they can’t be scum, but I see no point in scum having this as a role. It be disrupting the balance if scum got a role that in most games would auto confirm them as town and get no questions asked.

But that’s just my thoughts atm.
Roles were assigned randomly. They are all NAI. Also, my understanding is that Fate can prove his role right now if he wants to.

Swiss claimed he could reset the votals, but only early in the day.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I’ll prove ability tomorrow if you want sure.

Z25. You don’t have to scumread someone to vote them. Look at my last reads list before the Bessie vote.

Yes I can say I’m slippery and mercurials I do it every game

Me at bottom of reads list in red I do every game

Look. Youre town, I appreciate the paranoia - stop with these silly shenanigans. Go and read newbied3 or the other recent games here

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Swiss | 3/5 | FrozenFlame, FateShirou, Z25
bessie |1/5 Swiss
Fate |3/5| Sabrar, somitomi, LaserGuy
somitomi | 1/5 | bessie

Not voting: Darkpit

I think this is correct.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh wow I'm actually close to being yeeted D1. Where's Gorf when you need him.
This post will be my last real activity pre deadline will try to make it a good'un. I will make sure I log in at some point for a hammer but wont be in depth.

Happy with a Fate yeet, voting Somi to avoid quick hammers but I'll swap when/if needed.

FF we're having a stern conversation tomorrow.

##unvote
##Somitomi

Top Bottom