• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Man 3

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yea, the rewrote the story so that Sandman killed Ben Parker while he was a petty thief.

Why are you so upset? Stan Lee is IN the movie. He likes it.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
While I am psyched about this movie I kind of wish they would give some screen time to some of Spiderman's more underrated enemies like Silvermane, Hammerhead and Tombstone. I understand why they would want to put the big villains in the movies but I think it would be a good idea to include someone less known as to please the hardcore Spidey fans who know about all of these awesome but underrated enemies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That Sandman killing Uncle Ben is a bit of a plot hole. Didn't Ben say that he was shot in a car jacking? So Sandman shot him, drove the car somewhere, got out, handed it to a petty theif, and walked away while hispartner died? Or maybe the theif who fell out the three story window didn't die and went to jail to later become Sandman. urg. whateva.

And I kinda want to see a Spiderman movie where he teams up with Frogman two against Walrus and White Rabbit. That would be hysterical.

D

Deleted member

Yeah guys, they flashback to that a lot. After seeing it, I honestly feel like I've seen Uncle Ben die more times than I have JFK.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yes I can, as I've SEEN THE MOVIE, did you not see my posts a few pages back?
That wasn't meant to come across as sarcasm. I was really asking as I know some people have already seen the movie. You sounded pretty annoyed in your post because some people are worried or upset about the direction the movie has (or seems to be) taking. I was just saying you can't exactly blame them for at least being concerned.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Just saw it tonight. I really don't know what to think. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be one big joke or not, but this has to be the corniest big-budget film I've seen in some time. The entire audience was cracking up the whole time, and not at the actual jokes.

And Venom was treated very poorly.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Yea, the rewrote the story so that Sandman killed Ben Parker while he was a petty thief.

Why are you so upset? Stan Lee is IN the movie. He likes it.
Stan Lee is in all the Spider-Man movies. You just have to look for his cameo.

Anyways, I'm disappointed with the whole, "SANDMAN KILLED BEN PARKER" thing. The guy who killed him doesn't even look like Sandman.

I also agree with putting in some lesser villains. I'd love to see Sable in there, as well as the Vulture or something. That'd be sweet.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Stan Lee is in all the Spider-Man movies. You just have to look for his cameo.

Anyways, I'm disappointed with the whole, "SANDMAN KILLED BEN PARKER" thing. The guy who killed him doesn't even look like Sandman.

I also agree with putting in some lesser villains. I'd love to see Sable in there, as well as the Vulture or something. That'd be sweet.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but Wizard did leak that plot detail a while back. I found myself grimacing at the fact that Sandman was Uncle Ben's true murderer. But, then again, it is a movie and it doesn't strictly go off canon. I can't hold it against them too much; I'm still gonna shell out my well-earned dollars to go see the movie.

I'm a sucker for Venom, too. I can't wait to see him all CGed up and crap. That's been my dream.

Eh, I'm not so sure that I'd wanna see Sable in any of the Spider-Man movies. Her and the Six Pack always played second fiddle in my book. Now the Vulture would be a pretty good villain to throw in there, and so would Kraven the Hunter. I've seen a couple of other names thrown around in here too, like Hammerhead and Silvermaine. I could see Hammerhead revisiting his role as a lackey for the Kingpin (if Kingy would ever get into a Spider movie, which is a possibility considering their history. It's almost as colorful as the history that Kingpin has with Daredevil!) but I can't see him as being the big baddie. He didn't become a crime lord, mind, until way later in the actual comic series. His importance was seriously downplayed for a while. I never considered Silvermaine as a headliner for anything; sure, he bedeviled Spidey a couple of times but he never had a lasting impact of sorts. He's not, say, the Jackal (the villain that engineered the whole Maximum Cloneage storyline in the mid-90's and kick-started Marvel's slide into suckiness).

Smooth Criminal

Edit:

And I kinda want to see a Spiderman movie where he teams up with Frogman two against Walrus and White Rabbit. That would be hysterical.
Lol.

I honestly did not see that, CommonYoshi. That's some good stuff right there. But how about the Gibbon, man? Nothing beats a dude dressed up in a monkey suit.

FastFox

BRoomer
I was thinking of some more villains to put in, and I think that either Doppelganger, The Hobgoblin, or the Demogoblin would be a great addition.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I was thinking of some more villains to put in, and I think that either Doppelganger, The Hobgoblin, or the Demogoblin would be a great addition.
Doppelganger emanated from one of the Secret Wars, if I recall (I think there were two. I'm not one hundred percent sure).. I don't see how they could squeeze his happy *** in there unless they made some big movie about the Secret Wars or changed his origin around ALOT. But, it would be pretty badass to see him in CG as well. And the sadistic uses for that razor webbing of his...heh, heh.

One of my favorite story arcs in all of Spider-Man had the Hobgoblin in it (believe it or not, the slide to suckiness was eventual; if I remember right, this was one of those rare gems that took place after the clone saga). It was a mini-series entitled "The Hobgoblin Lives." It was really, really good stuff (to this day, I am still shocked that the first Hobgoblin was not Ned Leeds. Plus, the explanation for it was extremely clever and totally made sense. It was like reading a good mystery novel). I think Hobgoblin should earn a slot somewhere down the line.

Demogoblin---now there was a badass! You can't beat flaming pumpkin bombs from hell that are meant to "purge" the sin out of people. He would look freakin' awesome CGed; can you imagine the effects on his 'glider?

Props to suggesting Demogoblin, FastFox. He's one of my favorite villains.

True. That'll be good to have more villains but what about the beyonder?
The Beyonder? For Spider-Man? Lol. I think the Fantastic Four would be more appropriate. After all, they've dealt with the Beyonder a lot more than what Spidey has. It'd be a good idea for a Fantastic Four movie, however.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. FastFox (or anybody else that cares for that matter. Lol), I implore you to pick up "The Hobgoblin Lives" and give it a read. It's really good stuff. It shouldn't be too hard to find at your local hobby shop.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
We have 3 movies left. If we go by the ****ty Batman movies, they averaged 2 villains per movie. (Even Begins used this as well) So let's assume that we have at least 6 villains left. Watching the newest trailer I saw on TV (the one where we see the symbiote materializing in front of Spidey) we see James Franco with a scar on the right side of his face. In another trailer, we see dark Parker throwing a pumpkin bomb and burning that side so we can assume he lives. This could introduce either Green Goblin 2, officially, or a continuation of the new Goblin.

Lizard is as good as in for 4. We can assume New Goblin won't be in that so we have 5 villains remaining. Mysterio, I can see as a possiblity along with Rhino and Scorpion. Vulture and either Electro or whatever it was, is another possibility. But the finale, 6, would have to be one that would really rock the movies. Even though he died, Doc Oct and Kingpin seem like the best one for 6 with a movie where they make smaller villains in the last bid to stop Spider-Man. I say, introduce Fisk in 4 and build his character until a huge blow-out with 6.

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
The Beyonder? For Spider-Man? Lol. I think the Fantastic Four would be more appropriate. After all, they've dealt with the Beyonder a lot more than what Spidey has. It'd be a good idea for a Fantastic Four movie, however.

Well, my dad was talking about the beyonder giving the suit to spider-man. it didn't come from the meteor. It came from him.

EDIT: Um...that's to Smooth Criminal. I think I goofed :p

FastFox

BRoomer
YES. Another Demogoblin fan.

Man, he was so hardcore. If I remember correctly he'd make somewhat random appearances in the comics.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Well, my dad was talking about the beyonder giving the suit to spider-man. it didn't come from the meteor. It came from him.

EDIT: Um...that's to Smooth Criminal. I think I goofed :p
Lol. It's cool, man.

Actually, Spider-Man had originally acquired the symbiote from a bizarre machine in the strange "otherworld" that the superheroes were transported to during the Secret Wars (mind, this is comic book canon; this isn't the T.V. show or movie). Spidey had thought that the machine he had used would help fix his costume; after all, Thor and Hulk had used a similar machine to have their clothes mended (Hulk? Need clothes? I didn't quite get that one myself). Spidey ended up picking the wrong machine, and rather than fix his clothes it instead bestowed the symbiote upon him.

I don't remember what kind of role the Beyonder had in Spider-Man, other than the fact that he gave Puma (an ex Spider-Man villain turned kinda friend) this uber-badass destiny of restoring balance to everything in the universe---something that he rejected, because there was an innocent life at stake. I know Spidey had received the power Cosmic a long, long time ago---but, I don't remember where it came from. Maybe it came from the Beyonder. I dunno.

And hellz yeah, FastFox. He'd pop up outta nowhere and just start BBQing people with those freakin' pumpkin bombs. My favorite appearances of Demogoblin would have to be during the Maximum Carnage arc; it was hilarious when he deemed everybody at "The Deep" (a nightclub, for those who haven't read) sinners and started chucking pumpkin bombs at random people. It was classic.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Pre-ordered my tickets, going with a big group of people. I'm not actually that excited, but it'll be fun anyways.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
I finished watching the spiderman 3 premier at my local theatre and i just want to say the movie was amazing. the action scenes were incredible, and the storyline was well thought out. i love how they integrated so many character plots into one story. this movie definitely did the best job at out of the 3 movies. a must watch!!!...peace

-hiroshi

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Spoiler Alert.

1. I didn't like how they just didn't explain anything about the Symbiote, (Origin, etc)
2. I didn't like the emo SPM haircut.
3. I didn't like the Jazz Scene and him walking down the street snapping.
4. I didn't like Venom's Pterodactyl noises.
5. Harry doesn't wear the mask enough. It's for protective measures for gods sake.
6. I didn't like the New Goblin Glider (as much as the traditional glider, it's cool still)
7. I didn't like the ******** audience that I viewed the movie with (Beachball spam FTL, Laughing at inapropriate times)

Those are my only complaits with Spider-Man 3. Everything else was fantastic.

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Lol. It's cool, man.

Actually, Spider-Man had originally acquired the symbiote from a bizarre machine in the strange "otherworld" that the superheroes were transported to during the Secret Wars (mind, this is comic book canon; this isn't the T.V. show or movie). Spidey had thought that the machine he had used would help fix his costume; after all, Thor and Hulk had used a similar machine to have their clothes mended (Hulk? Need clothes? I didn't quite get that one myself). Spidey ended up picking the wrong machine, and rather than fix his clothes it instead bestowed the symbiote upon him.

I don't remember what kind of role the Beyonder had in Spider-Man, other than the fact that he gave Puma (an ex Spider-Man villain turned kinda friend) this uber-badass destiny of restoring balance to everything in the universe---something that he rejected, because there was an innocent life at stake. I know Spidey had received the power Cosmic a long, long time ago---but, I don't remember where it came from. Maybe it came from the Beyonder. I dunno.
Hmmm...never heard it like that before but I can't get over why the symbiote comes from a meteor. That doesn't sound right to me for smoe reason. My dad has loads of comics of the beyonder and stuff and pretty much, spider-man was involved. I dunno how old those comics are but they are still in good shape.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate tobey mcguire. he sucks. he's a terrible actor. he makes spider-man, a seemingly humorous super hero, a *****. i couldnt help but laugh when that stupid ***** was prancing around town with his hair in his eyes, snapping.

Mary Jane and Peter didnt even seem liek a real couple. I mean they didnt really do couple things.

**** it topher grace. he's too chraming and witty. not a burly man. Venom didnt have a long tounge or a huge chin either. shiity character design.

ARGH! this movie made me very angery.

What i did find exceptional about this movie is:

1The actor who played Flint Marko/Sandman (He did amazing, and i think he could have played Venom as well. That's what Eddie brock jr should look like)

2 the actor who plays J.J. His performance in all three films has been nothing short of spectacular. He is by far the most dead on to any of the characters I've seen.

3 That seen where, right after Peter beats down Harry, Harry throws a grenade, Peter dodges it, webs it, and throws ti back at Harry. beautiful.

Sandy

Smash Champion
the actor who plays J.J. His performance in all three films has been nothing short of spectacular. He is by far the most dead on to any of the characters I've seen.
I only agree with that. I just got back from seeing it.

I hate how they rewrote the Ben Parker Murder storyline.
I laughed every time I saw Emo Spidey.
I think Topher Grace played Eddie Brock perfectly.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I must say, I was thoroughly impressed and entertained by the movie. Is it perfect? No. It's a tad drawn-out, to be frank, and more substantial scenes could have replaced others (developing Eddie and Sandman, maybe?) However, very few of the flaws were bad enough to drag me out of the movie and most were insignificant and goofy.

To the bashers, I say this: in a movie based on a comic where a bite from a radioactive spider grants a highschool nerd superpowers, rather than cancer, is it really all that wrong of me to suspend disbelief?

So, I call this the best Spider-man movie. Spider-man 2 was overrated garbage imo. God forbid I expect more than 8 minutes of fighting in an action flick with a multi-million dollar budget. God forbid I expect the hero to have his powers for at least half of the movie and the villain not to be absent most of it. If I wanted hackneyed drama (I can't be with Mary-Jane, boohoo!) and an overly self-important, poorly-written plot, I'd have bought a ticket for the Notebook, instead.

My score: 9/10

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
Didn't Venom and Carnage fuse in the comic books/cartoon?
i don't think so. not sure. i could be wrong.

but personally i thought the 8.00 ticket was worth it just to see venom. i thought they did a great job with him. me and like 12 other guys in the theater started shouting and whooping as soon as he popped up on screen. :laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Im boycotting it. Sorry, but Eric Forman isnt Eddie Brock. Eddie brock was a ... MAN. Not a trendy *****, I also can't stand the angsty teen they portray parker as.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Im boycotting it. Sorry, but Eric Forman isnt Eddie Brock. Eddie brock was a ... MAN. Not a trendy *****, I also can't stand the angsty teen they portray parker as.
Yea, a movie making an estimated $29 million last night at midnight is really going to feel your 8 bucks.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I just watched it. Venom is my favorite Spiderman character, I've been waiting for him since the first movie. And this is what I got. Lame.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
(WARNING: Ending ruined)

Thumbs down.

Horrible plot, horribly written, incredibly campy.

Why did they have the Sandman? What purpose did he have? He wasn't in the movie for very long (missing in almost the entire middle), and he wasn't even a cool character. Venom was much tighter, but they add him and kill him in the last thirty minutes? And his death was a joke. I was ****ing laughing.

"Oh no, I must save my suit that's turning into a demon from that grenade, BY JUMPING INTO IT"

booooo

Emo spiderman was actually funny, and I thought they where aiming for that. Bar scene, however, was bad.

Harry was the best part of the movie, but that wasn't even very good because his redemption was terrible. And what the hell was that with the butler?

Butler: "Oh, by the way, your dad wasn't murdered. I probably should have told you this five years ago. My bad"

I'm sorry, but if someone comes into my house, beats the **** out of me, says my dead dad doesn't love me, THEN GRENADES ME IN THE FACE, I don't think I would help him, even if he didn't murder my dad.

C+ at best.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
(WARNING: Ending ruined)

Thumbs down.

Horrible plot, horribly written, incredibly campy.

Why did they have the Sandman? What purpose did he have? He wasn't in the movie for very long (missing in almost the entire middle), and he wasn't even a cool character. Venom was much tighter, but they add him and kill him in the last thirty minutes? And his death was a joke. I was ****ing laughing.

"Oh no, I must save my suit that's turning into a demon from that grenade, BY JUMPING INTO IT"

booooo

Emo spiderman was actually funny, and I thought they where aiming for that. Bar scene, however, was bad.

Harry was the best part of the movie, but that wasn't even very good because his redemption was terrible. And what the hell was that with the butler?

Butler: "Oh, by the way, your dad wasn't murdered. I probably should have told you this five years ago. My bad"

I'm sorry, but if someone comes into my house, beats the **** out of me, says my dead dad doesn't love me, THEN GRENADES ME IN THE FACE, I don't think I would help him, even if he didn't murder my dad.

C+ at best.

I concur.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
People are being way too hard on this movie. Since when has everyone been Ebert jr [he's a well-known film critic if you don't get the reference]? Since when has a lighthearted action flick had to have the plot, character development, and cohesive logic of a drama (Hello! It's based on a comic book that epitomizes one-dimensional characters and deus ex machina). Read an issue of The Amazing Spider-man ('60s-'90s stuff). If after that, you can call the film a failure, despite that it's faithful to the source material (with the exception of Venom) and its at least more developed than the comics, you're either A) not a comic book fan or B) a poser who wants to join the crowd in Spidey bashing.

So, if you want to act as if the film was sooooo beneath you, be my guest. I'll be one of the 'idiots' who can add yet another film to his list of 'films I enjoyed' because he didn't take a freaking COMIC BOOK film so seriously. Woe is me! Have fun *****ing about how yet another film has disappointed you.

Unrealistic expectation and over-analyzation ftl.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Oh my god..........................to the ones slamming the film.

I just came back and I loved every minute of it! Then again, maybe it's because I heard the news that Venom was only going to get like 20 minutes of screentime and that Sam Raimi wanted to do something with a one-dimensional character like Sandman and make him into a more interesting character a long time ago. Sam Raimi already stated that he never liked Venom because of his "lack of humanity", and I respect that.

So back to the film. Yeah, I enjoyed all of it. Sure, it had its campiness, but what's Spidey without being campy? What's wrong with light-heartedness?

Now, my complaints are....

1. The score. I did get pissed off when I heard Danny Elfman would be replaced by Chris Young, and his score is VERY lackluster compared to that of Elfman's. I just didn't feel the energy and emotion in the music unlike the last two, and the score sounded kinda corny.

2. I didn't like the pacing of the movie, as the fight scenes were kinda short (though pretty **** cool), and like The Last Stand, the movie would go from one scene to another. For example,
Mary Jane getting taken by Eddie, then skipping right ahead to the final battle. I thought there shoud've been something to further the movie along before skipping to the last part.

Other than that, I enjoyed all of it. I think people are just overanalyzing the movie and believing that it's going up against the "canon" of the series. The movies are in its own canon universe, so nothing should strictly 100% apply to them.

D

Deleted member

The people who are really disappointed with this movie paint a very.. unhygienic (see: sweaty nerd).. image of themselves in my mind...:p Slightly kidding.

"WORST. SPIDERMAN. EVER."

Top Bottom