• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Man 3

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
talk about spidey going up against sandman well anyways it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and sure can't wait for venom to appear in the 4th movie that's sure gonna be f***ng tight

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
talk about spidey going up against sandman well anyways it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and sure can't wait for venom to appear in the 4th movie that's sure gonna be f***ng tight

We're NOT going to see Venom in the 4th movie....I can assure you.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The fourth movie won't be so well, guys. I read Mcguire is done and to me, that's Spider-Man. It's been confirmed they have the 6 movies in queu to do, but they might get a new director and definitely a new Spidey.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Yeah, I have a huge amount of dread for the next 3 movies. The only glimmer of hope I see for those movies is if the entire development team and cast stay, which doesn't like it will end up that way. Sam said he would stay if he had some great ideas, and Tobey was just offered 20 mil to do the 4th one, but he said as long as the same people stay and that the script is well written.

I just fear the franchise will end up like what happened with X3. -_-

Dibs

Smash Lord
I heard about venom dying too. As long as I get to see him portrayed well, then I'm satisfied.

If there is indeed a fourth movie, they might as well just get jake gyllinhall(sp) for replacement spidey. He's the closest to his look anyway.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Well, there was something I was wanting to get cleared up. The battle royale. The scene where Venom is holding down Spidey and telling Sandman to finish him off. Does Sandman's family come in, with his daughter telling him to stop? Because I heard that they were edited out and had it where Sandman tells Spidey everything, Peter forgives, and Sandy disappears as a giant sand cloud. If you can clarify this, I'll be very happy. =)

D

Deleted member

No, his family doesn't save the day. I guess it was edited out. But the whole forgiveness part is spot on. The cloud dealy was kind of cheesy, actually. And I really didn't believe he forgave Sandman, it felt kind of lame.

Edit: To the people who have read all the spoilers concerning Venom:

Want to know how he dies?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I just fear the franchise will end up like what happened with X3. -_-
Or worse, the Batman Franchise. Had Begins never been released, that would be the most tragic progression ever.

DeLorTed, that's pretty cool. Is Venom portrayed as the unstoppable powerhouse he should be? In the comics and cartoon, Spider-man couldn't defeat him with just his abilities like he could with others and had to rely almost purely on his smarts. Also, is Venom in the movie THAT long? Finally, how is the chemistry between Grace and Mcguire.

I know that the Lizard is confirmed as the villain for 4. He was pretty lame on his own. They better add like Mysterio or something. Really, I wish they could do the Sinister Six but they killed one off.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Hmmm....okay then. I guess as long as it's still good. Thanks man.

EDIT: So far the reviews have been great, along with a few negative ones. Apparently this is the "Return of the Jedi" of the bunch, which is great news to me.

D

Deleted member

DeLorTed, that's pretty cool. Is Venom portrayed as the unstoppable powerhouse he should be? In the comics and cartoon, Spider-man couldn't defeat him with just his abilities like he could with others and had to rely almost purely on his smarts. Also, is Venom in the movie THAT long? Finally, how is the chemistry between Grace and Mcguire.

I know that the Lizard is confirmed as the villain for 4. He was pretty lame on his own. They better add like Mysterio or something. Really, I wish they could do the Sinister Six but they killed one off.
Hmm...tough one. I'm going to say not really. He just didn't have enough screen time. There's almost no tongue action with Venom, and he looks kind of scrawny. But yeah, Spiderman owns Venom with his smarts, not his muscle. Oh and..maybe a little firepower ;) The chemistry between Grace and Mcguire is top-notch. Snappy and good. Venom is too cool a villain to share the screen with Sandman. I really hope a part of the symbiote somehow survived, and it can continue to run rampant.

By the way, when I meant 20-30 minutes, I meant he's introduced and killed off in around half an hour, whereas Sandman is up and running for the whole shabang. I couldn't give an accurate range of screen time.

That doesn't surprise me. There's a lot more of Dr. Connors in this movie, and as soon as I saw him introduced in the movie series I always knew they were gonna bust him out.

I <3 Mysterio! I thought I was alone on that.

Menan.30

Smash Rookie
I would expect "Eric Foreman" be venom especially when in the comics and animated series
Eddie Brock was mad built and strong before turning in2 Venom.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Well, from what I'm hearing I'm sure they turned their lack of literary accuracy into something somewhat decent.

Just a few side notes; keep in mind that Spidey has never actually beaten Venom. This was part of the reason why they formed an alliance and Venom became the protector of an underground city of homeless people. It's actually really sad to see that Venom died. He had always been the one who beat the living shit out of Spider-Man, then ran off, leaving Spider-Man completely screwed.

I'm not liking how they're turning such an amazing and deep character into something so.. Simple.

EDIT: Oh, and to DeLoRtEd1, the symbiote had to have survived. There'd be no Carnage otherwise.

Cletus Cassidy is probably my favorite character that's not a villain (before he becomes Carnage).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm kind of worried this movie will suck. Three villians? Two was pushing it in and I can't see them properly putting three in the movie. I hope I'm wrong.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I'm confident that they can pull of the 3 villain act in this movie. I mean, it's almost 3 hours I believe. As long as there is less of snaggle tooth and more of gwen stacy I'll be good. And Topher grace, he's going to be awesome.

^^ Cletus is also my favorite character.

Yeah, I heard it was the Lizard and Kraven.... yuck. I hope to see Carnage in movie form at least. Visually it would be awesome to see.

The villains that I would care to see in a future spiderman movie if they really MUST have another one are: (in order)
1. Shocker
2. Chameleon
3. Hydro-man
4. Carnage

smashman90

Smash Lord
It makes me wonder if we will ever see Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider in any of the sequels. I mean, it will be tough to pull, but it can be possible. That way Maguire doesn't have to be in more Spiderman movies and we can still have spiderman movies, because if I remember correctly Reilly used the spiderman costume also.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The villains that I would care to see in a future spiderman movie if they really MUST have another one are: (in order)
1. Shocker
2. Chameleon
3. Hydro-man
4. Carnage
Shocker is the only one on that list I see as a possibility. Hydro-Man is too much like Sandman and Carnage too much like Venom. Chameleon fits more with Shocker as a hit man for another villain. I just don't see too many of these happening.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Lizard is the most probable one that I see happening, but I personally want Kraven in the future. He'd be pretty interesting.

D

Deleted member

I'm quite disappointed at the name of this thread. The original title, "OMG SPIDERMAn 3" is much more fanatical fanboyish and is required. Change back pls.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
No, there hasn't been any confirmation about Lizard and Kraven being in the 4th. In fact, there's nothing at all known about Spidey 4, besides some casting issues.

Dibs

Smash Lord
No they don't. You can clearly tell that James Franco has anger lines and Tobey has none.

On another note I have a man crush on Topher Grace.

FastFox

BRoomer
The black Spidey suit in the movie is just so gross. Ugh.

I'd prefer the smooth, black sleekness of the older one.

FastFox

BRoomer
Oh so awesome in his half an hour of screen-time -_-

I don't like how they're warping the storyline so much. I know they have to appeal to an un-educated audience, but do they really need to screw up EVERYTHING? The only thing I've noticed that they've done right so far is put Spidey in the clock tower when he's getting rid of the symbiote.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Dibs has diarrhea of the posts.
I know you of people aren't saying this.

The black Spidey suit in the movie is just so gross. Ugh.

I'd prefer the smooth, black sleekness of the older one.
Cosign, along with the smooth Venom suit with the contrasting WHITE spider emblem. Not the gray one that they are giving him in them movie. But I've heard that they added the lines to make it look better in 3-d otherwise it would have looked weird.

I still like the smooth better.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm confident that they can pull of the 3 villain act in this movie. I mean, it's almost 3 hours I believe. As long as there is less of snaggle tooth and more of gwen stacy I'll be good. And Topher grace, he's going to be awesome
I just found out Gwen Stacy is going to be in the movie. While I too would like to see more of Bryce I'm getting this "character overload" feeling. The next thing you know I'm going to find out there's a flashback scene in the movie featuring Uncle Ben and Wolverine.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I just found out Gwen Stacy is going to be in the movie. While I too would like to see more of Bryce I'm getting this "character overload" feeling. The next thing you know I'm going to find out there's a flashback scene in the movie featuring Uncle Ben and Wolverine.
I've read that she's actually pretty useless in the movie.

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Oh so awesome in his half an hour of screen-time -_-

I don't like how they're warping the storyline so much. I know they have to appeal to an un-educated audience, but do they really need to screw up EVERYTHING? The only thing I've noticed that they've done right so far is put Spidey in the clock tower when he's getting rid of the symbiote.
I guess they want it done by their own way. They should have more time with Venom and Spidey fighting and the symbiote doesn't come from the meteor. It comes from the Beyonder.
These guys jsut love disappointing fans a whole heck of a lot.

D

Deleted member

My god you guys worry too much. It's a good movie, calm the hell down. They change things around, who cares. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with this movie.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
So, you've seen it then? After so many bad comic movies you can't exactly say they shouldn't be worried at all.

D

Deleted member

Yes I can, as I've SEEN THE MOVIE, did you not see my posts a few pages back?

FastFox

BRoomer
So, I just watched the bonus disc that came along with my Spider-Man 2.1 DVD, as it included a Spider-Man 3 sneak-peek.

I was so disgusted, it's not even funny. Out of nowhere, someone (I can't remember who) goes, "The man who killed your uncle is still out there, Peter", implying that it was ACTUALLY Sandman, and not your run-of-the-mill theif. I MEAN COME ON.

Correct me if I have the wrong impression.

Top Bottom