• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Conversations for Lucina

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If Snake and his Codec conversations were to return for Smash Bros. 4, what do you think Lucina's would be?

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
If Lucina had any "codec" calls in the game, I'd imagine they would be with Chrom talking about an opponent, rather than with another opponent. If we learned anything from Brawl, it's that Sakurai isn't exactly leaping at the chance to give characters full-on voices.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Otacon: She's Lucina, Chrom's daughter from a bad future...
Snake: NO SPOILERS!!!

:grin:

Last edited:

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
I imagine a codec conversation about Lucina would have Snake mistake her for Marth, only to be corrected by Otacon.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I imagine a codec conversation about Lucina would have Snake mistake her for Marth, only to be corrected by Otacon.
Snake: It's Marth again. Why'd he grow his hair out?
Otacon: That's Lucina, Snake. She's Marth's descendant, born a thousand years after his reign.
Snake: What? That's crazy, Marth can't be that old!

Last edited:

TrueDarkAce

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised no one suggested a time paradox reference yet.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm surprised no one suggested a time paradox reference yet.
Otacon: She also married the Shepard's tactician, Robin.
Snake: That guy? Huh... WAIT! Wouldn't that cause a temporal paradox?!
*Codec Disconnects*

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Oh god, imagine Lucina and Robin having support conversations with other fighters similar to Snake and the Space Animals' secret taunts.

Lucina: Link, your swordsmanship is impressive. And your blade rivals that of Falchion. I must know its history.
Link: HYAAAAA!
Lucina: ... Are you okay, Link?
Link: HYAAAA HYAA
Lucina: Is something the matter? Are you in pain? Have you been cursed? Oh, I know just the thing for that. Sumia taught me that the best way to make a friend feel better is to bake them pies. I tried it on Noire once and she started acting slightly less crazy. I'll be right back.
Link: HYAAA!!!

... Note to self, do not apply at Intelligent Systems to be a Support conversation writer.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Oh god, imagine Lucina and Robin having support conversations with other fighters similar to Snake and the Space Animals' secret taunts.

Lucina: Link, your swordsmanship is impressive. And your blade rivals that of Falchion. I must know its history.
Link: HYAAAAA!
Lucina: ... Are you okay, Link?
Link: HYAAAA HYAA
Lucina: Is something the matter? Are you in pain? Have you been cursed? Oh, I know just the thing for that. Sumia taught me that the best way to make a friend feel better is to bake them pies. I tried it on Noire once and she started acting slightly less crazy. I'll be right back.
Link: HYAAA!!!

... Note to self, do not apply at Intelligent Systems to be a Support conversation writer.
I approve. :)

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Post them!

I might have a couple later.
Lucina: Oh praise Naga! I've found more Taguel. Yarne is going to be thrilled.
Fox: Um... are you talking to me?
Lucina: Hmm, though now that I look closer you don't seem to share traits with rabbits. Are you perhaps a different breed of Taguel?
Fox: Lady, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Lucina: Oh, my apologies. Then you must be one of the Laguz Robin was teaching me about. Am I correct?
Fox: Um... no?
Lucina: Well, then I'm afraid I don't know what you are.
Fox: The name's Fox McLoud, leader of Team StarFox. I'm an ace Arwing Pilot.
Lucina: I get the sneaking suspicion we're just going to be talking past each other.

Lucina: Blessed Falchion! You- You're him!
Marth: Him who?
Lucina: Marth, the Hero King of Legend. I was brought up on tales of your bravery and heroics all those millennia ago.
Marth: You are from the future, young miss?
Lucina: Yes, far into your future. I- I feel I should apologize to you. When I came back in time to save my father and the world I used your identity as a disguise. Standing in your presence now I can clearly see I am not worthy of bearing such a mantle.
Marth: Wait, you were pretending to be me?
Lucina: Yes, and if you are offended I am most sincerely sorry. I had no idea I would be meeting the real Hero King on the field of battle.
Marth: Oh, I'm not offended. I'm just surprised anyone believed it.
Lucina: I do not understand.
Marth: Miss, if you're going to pretend to be me you need to do something about that hair. It's just... all wrong.
Lucina: ...

Lucina: Foul creature! You must be another of Grima's wretched abominations! In the name of Naga and the memory of my father I shall defeat you.
Bowser: GWAHAHAHAHAHA. You clearly do not know who you are talking to, missy! King Bowser gets defeated by no one.
Lucina: A king you say? A King of what? What foul monstrosities do you command?
Bowser: I command the greatest army in the land, and when I unleash it the Mushroom Kingdom will be mine forever!
Lucina: A conquerer!? I knew of one back in my world. He was a cruel, heartless tyrant. His vile ambitions knew no bou- wait, what kingdom was that?
Bowser: The Mushroom Kingdom, the land I have set my sights on for the last 30 years.
Lucina: Perhaps this may seem a silly question but... why is it called that?
Bowser: Well, it's obvious! The Toads who inhabit the land are ruled over by the Toadstool family. They have magical, powerful mushrooms that can make a person giant, or even bring the dead back to life.
Lucina: Magic... mushrooms. I have heard stories of such things before. If magic mushrooms are what you seek to conquer then I think I will excuse myself from this conversation. You're clearly not the threat I imagined you to be.
Bowser: Now wait just a minute! I'm threatening! I can prove it! GWAAAAAAAAAGH!
Lucina: Yes, I think we're done here.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lucina: Oh praise Naga! I've found more Taguel. Yarne is going to be thrilled.
Fox: Um... are you talking to me?
Lucina: Hmm, though now that I look closer you don't seem to share traits with rabbits. Are you perhaps a different breed of Taguel?
Fox: Lady, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Lucina: Oh, my apologies. Then you must be one of the Laguz Robin was teaching me about. Am I correct?
Fox: Um... no?
Lucina: Well, then I'm afraid I don't know what you are.
Fox: The name's Fox McLoud, leader of Team StarFox. I'm an ace Arwing Pilot.
Lucina: I get the sneaking suspicion we're just going to be talking past each other.

Lucina: Blessed Falchion! You- You're him!
Marth: Him who?
Lucina: Marth, the Hero King of Legend. I was brought up on tales of your bravery and heroics all those millennia ago.
Marth: You are from the future, young miss?
Lucina: Yes, far into your future. I- I feel I should apologize to you. When I came back in time to save my father and the world I used your identity as a disguise. Standing in your presence now I can clearly see I am not worthy of bearing such a mantle.
Marth: Wait, you were pretending to be me?
Lucina: Yes, and if you are offended I am most sincerely sorry. I had no idea I would be meeting the real Hero King on the field of battle.
Marth: Oh, I'm not offended. I'm just surprised anyone believed it.
Lucina: I do not understand.
Marth: Miss, if you're going to pretend to be me you need to do something about that hair. It's just... all wrong.
Lucina: ...

Lucina: Foul creature! You must be another of Grima's wretched abominations! In the name of Naga and the memory of my father I shall defeat you.
Bowser: GWAHAHAHAHAHA. You clearly do not know who you are talking to, missy! King Bowser gets defeated by no one.
Lucina: A king you say? A King of what? What foul monstrosities do you command?
Bowser: I command the greatest army in the land, and when I unleash it the Mushroom Kingdom will be mine forever!
Lucina: A conquerer!? I knew of one back in my world. He was a cruel, heartless tyrant. His vile ambitions knew no bou- wait, what kingdom was that?
Bowser: The Mushroom Kingdom, the land I have set my sights on for the last 30 years.
Lucina: Perhaps this may seem a silly question but... why is it called that?
Bowser: Well, it's obvious! The Toads who inhabit the land are ruled over by the Toadstool family. They have magical, powerful mushrooms that can make a person giant, or even bring the dead back to life.
Lucina: Magic... mushrooms. I have heard stories of such things before. If magic mushrooms are what you seek to conquer then I think I will excuse myself from this conversation. You're clearly not the threat I imagined you to be.
Bowser: Now wait just a minute! I'm threatening! I can prove it! GWAAAAAAAAAGH!
Lucina: Yes, I think we're done here.
I would love it if :4bowser: tried to kidnap :4lucina:, and failed horribly. Also, :4robinm: should have shouted that he didn't fall for :4lucina:'s disguise in the middle of the one with :4marth:. Do :4falcon: next!

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I would love it if :4bowser: tried to kidnap :4lucina:, and failed horribly. Also, :4robinm: should have shouted that he didn't fall for :4lucina:'s disguise in the middle of the one with :4marth:. Do :4falcon: next!
Lucina: You! I demand a rematch!
Captain Falcon: Huh?
Lucina: We never finished our duel in the arena. I must avenge my father's defeat at your hands.
Captain Falcon: Oh, come on!
Lucina: I am serious! You may have such phenomenal strength, but you defeated my father, AND you kicked Falchion aside like a toy. It is an ancient and most sacred weapon and should treated as such, even in the midst of combat.
Captain Falcon: Look, little lady, we had our match. Your boyfriend interrupted it. Take it up with him.
Lucina: That is not the point. I declare you to be my archrival now. I will train day and night until I am able to defeat you and restore the honor of the great and wonderful Chrom.
Captain Falcon: Are you for real?
Lucina: Draw your... fists and prepare yourself. I will not be denied.
Captain: Alright, if this is something you're really serious about... SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lucina: You! I demand a rematch!
Captain Falcon: Huh?
Lucina: We never finished our duel in the arena. I must avenge my father's defeat at your hands.
Captain Falcon: Oh, come on!
Lucina: I am serious! You may have such phenomenal strength, but you defeated my father, AND you kicked Falchion aside like a toy. It is an ancient and most sacred weapon and should treated as such, even in the midst of combat.
Captain Falcon: Look, little lady, we had our match. Your boyfriend interrupted it. Take it up with him.
Lucina: That is not the point. I declare you to be my archrival now. I will train day and night until I am able to defeat you and restore the honor of the great and wonderful Chrom.
Captain Falcon: Are you for real?
Lucina: Draw your... fists and prepare yourself. I will not be denied.
Captain: Alright, if this is something you're really serious about... SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!
How about :4robinm: and :4lucina:, :4robinm: and :4marth:, :4myfriends: and :4lucina:. Oh and :4lucina: and :ganondorf:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The difference being a year. We're a month from launch. All affiliates and major properties would need to be marked for legal reasons.

We are so off topic.
Yeah... Palutena's trailer didn't have it either...

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Yeah... Palutena's trailer didn't have it either...
Despite the trailers not having it, it was very well known all around. Also

"This is a once and a lifetime opportunity, Snake".

Lastly, why does everyone say Otacon would be the one to give Snake information? It is so obvious Mei Ling would do it. Now, I wanted to join the fun so I'll give this a try...

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
It'd be interesting having a support conversation with :4lucina: and :4palutena:

I could imagine Palutena's back facing Lucina, with Lucina mistaking her for Naga or something.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Does she have Codecs in Awakening?
Can Someone do one for :snake:and :4sonic:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
One of the big role-playing components of the Fire Emblem games are Support Conversations. They're conversations between two characters to build up their relationship and make them fight better together. They are all fun and interesting, and they fit in well thematically with Snake's Codecs from Brawl, though Support conversations are generally longer.

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
This is the one from Brawl:

Snake: "..."
Otacon: "Snake, what is it?"
Snake: "Something about that hedgehog rubs me the wrong way..."
Otacon: "...? Oh, you mean Sonic The Hedgehog? But everyone loves Sonic. He's a big star. Do you have any idea how excited people are that he's here in Brawl?"
Snake: "Yeah, I know, but there's something about him I just don't like."
Otacon: "But...why? You must have some kind of reason."
Snake: "...Nope, I just don't like him."

Top Bottom