• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar[WTF?]

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
If you guys would only take a few seconds to pause and aligning yourself with the level (lying on the chair/sofa so that you see the screen upside down) you wouldn't have these problems... It's also convenient having a mirror on the wall behind the sofa.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'm still all for variety and such, and I feel people could pick many different stages for the fun of it, but Spear Pillar is neither competitive NOR FUN. I hate this stage, and I LOVE all the stages in this game.

Diddykongmasta

Smash Cadet
So I was enjoying a game of Brawl with a CPU because WiFi was crapping out.

I random'd Spear Pillar and was just casually screwing around.

At about 1 stock each and me about to win, the **** stage flips over and I panic.

Needless to say I used my UpB thinking my character was on the ground trying to recover and suicided.

There needs to be a **** warning.

And that Laser is annoying also.
I agree i have suicided so much tha way i also think there needs to be a warning

Looper

Smash Journeyman
spear pillar is one of my favorites for online "with anyone" mode. when it flips, everyone goes the wrong way and kills themselves (:

warning? the screen flips instantly! it's not like your controls suddenly get reversed. besides, if there was a warning, it'd be much too easy to avoid

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you are on the bottom of the stage, and a beam is heading your way, you are, in mosst cases, going to get hit.
A simple shield can block the laser for the duration, unless it's already weak.

If you guys would only take a few seconds to pause and aligning yourself with the level (lying on the chair/sofa so that you see the screen upside down) you wouldn't have these problems... It's also convenient having a mirror on the wall behind the sofa.
In the heat of battle, you don't always think to flip upside down or look in a mirror behind your couch (if you HAVE a mirror behind your couch), not to mention you might not be able to easily.

OverlordCrono

Smash Cadet
Spear Pillar is awesome. A fierce, heart-pumping battle at some mysterious floating ruins in the beautiful starry night, as this legendary deity overlooks the fight from afar, occasionally stepping in to wreck havoc for its own amusement. That, right there, is pure epic.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wow, I actually tried this and it worked wonders. Flipping upside down is a little difficult to do mid-match (online), but it still works, and then you're unhindered by the flip while everyone else is just trying to be defensive. Also, I have a window behind my couch. While the image reflected on it is only visible during nighttime, when it does reflect the image, it really works well. A little blurry, but it plays easily.

Thanks for the tip!

Ulciroa

Smash Cadet
Aw man, Spear Pillar is my absolute FAVORITE stage. It's sooo fun. I still can't get used to the flip or mirror, but it's hilarious. One time, dialga slowed time for ~2 mins. I was ticked :/

It's still fun :) Cresselia shows up to much tho.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's still fun :) Cresselia shows up to much tho.
Yeah, I've noticed this. It seems like the likelihood is:

Dialga: 25%
Palkia: 25%
Cresselia: 50%

and I don't understand why. Cresselia doesn't even belong on Spear Pillar. If they wanted a third for the stage, they could've had Arceus who actually goes there (ignoring the fact that he hasn't been announced by Nintendo yet :laugh:). I don't even think Cresselia can wind up there when it wanders randomly. I don't even think it can enter Mt. Coronet.

But in all honesty, since Dialga and Palkia were removed from Pokeballs specifically for the Spear Pillar appearance, I think it would've made sense for them to be the only ones on the stage.

Chozo01

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I've noticed this. It seems like the likelihood is:

Dialga: 25%
Palkia: 25%
Cresselia: 50%
Really. I find that the percentages (for me) go more like:

Dialga: 50%
Palkia: 35%
Cresselia: 15%

Which works for me since Dialga has all the cool effects.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Really. I find that the percentages (for me) go more like:

Dialga: 50%
Palkia: 35%
Cresselia: 15%

Which works for me since Dialga has all the cool effects.
Can I have your game? :laugh:

That is ideal, for me at least.

Dialga is my favorite one, the only different effects he has are time slowed down and jumping out, and the slow time is fun and jumping out is avoidable.

Palkia is my second favorite, since, using real-life techniques, you can avert the problems of flipping.

Cresselia is just annoying, noise-wise and attack-wise. Plus, as I said earlier, she doesn't belong on Spear Pillar. And I'll tell you, I'm a big sucker for parallels between a game and what's in a stage, and when it's not accurate, it just annoys me.

Zetsuei

Smash Cadet
I didn't know the stage flipped... well I never play on that stage that much either lol.

Live N' Learn

Smash Rookie
Haha, I remember the stage had the reverse effect on all the characters as i was playing my cousin, who was playing as Lucario, this effect had killed him once before in the same match. So when it happened again he was screaming and cursing at the top of his lungs! The funniest thing I've seen in a while. But I still hate Sear Pillar anyway....

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't know the stage flipped... well I never play on that stage that much either lol.
Yeah, if Palkia (this guy
) shows up, he can either flip it upside down or just flip it sideways. Actually, it's not the stage itself that flips technically, it's just what you see. So the controls are the same, it just confuses you because right is left, left is right...it makes recovering very annoying.

Adam251

Smash Rookie
...hmm

I'm like the only person I know who /doesn't/ die because the staged decided to be a *****. I guess I raep my opponents too fast to find out xD

CHXN

Smash Rookie
That stage is the ****.
Definitely a favorite to play on when playing with friends.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think about the controls- I just look at the screen upside down and keep playing. It works.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Idk, of course you cant play serious matches there, but if you do crazy stuff like Super Sudden Death, 40 stocks, all items, four players, Spear Pillar, its going to be complete chaos. Everyone needs a good dose of mayhem every now and then, and the stage delivers. That way, when the stage flips and you die cause you didn't turn upside-down on the couch quick enough, you can just laugh it off since you were going to die anyways...

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
It's an awesome stage. I like it when it gets inverted or turned upside-down. That's kinda hard for me to attack anyone. I'm getting used to when the stage gets inverted.

I hate that one pokemon that is the small one. I dunno what that name of it has but it's annoying. lolz

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
haha its funny imo i dont play that stage unles im screwing around, so it doesnt really matter

DOCTORSTUPID

Smash Apprentice
yo

know what you mean mate I was slamed to the gound when the coarse fliped on the samus place but thats not the same thing i know but its still agravating:lick:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's an awesome stage. I like it when it gets inverted or turned upside-down. That's kinda hard for me to attack anyone. I'm getting used to when the stage gets inverted.

I hate that one pokemon that is the small one. I dunno what that name of it has but it's annoying. lolz
That would be Cresselia.

And yes, I hate it too. Er, her. (So used to calling Pokemon "it" when talking about Smash Bros, since there are almost no specific gender Pokemon)

SheikahBlood

Smash Cadet
lol....i know how to play upside down >_> and when it mirrors,the lasers are quite annoying tho.

Ranthozyk

Smash Cadet
I love the stage, honestly. I can cope with anything it has and it's quite fun to play on. Except when Cresselia appears. I hate that freakin' thing so much... -_- Died in All-Star on Intense from the blades.. God I hate the blades. I think it'd be perfect if Cresselia didn't appear. ~__~

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
It sure is a good thing that I have a picture frame with a reflection on the wall opposite of the one my TV is on!

Top Bottom