• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar[WTF?]

abgar

Smash Apprentice
It sure is a good thing that I have a picture frame with a reflection on the wall opposite of the one my TV is on!

the door of my wardrobe has a mirror that can reflect the image of the game too, i just need to open it and the mirror is right in front of the tv

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
cresselia is female
Who was that directed towards?

If it was directed towards me, I know, I was just saying I called her "it" initially because pretty much all Pokemon in Smash Bros games are either neuter or can be male or female, Cresselia is basically the exception, where she is...well, a she.

If not, ignore this post.

abgar

Smash Apprentice
Who was that directed towards?

If it was directed towards me, I know, I was just saying I called her "it" initially because pretty much all Pokemon in Smash Bros games are either neuter or can be male or female, Cresselia is basically the exception, where she is...well, a she.

If not, ignore this post.
yeah it was for you

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I like that map. Only thing I hate is the bird that shoots boomerangs at you.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
I like the design of this level, i just hate when the stupid pokemon in the backround starts shooting boomerangs and half moons lol

Shiny Noctowl

Smash Rookie
I hate the Spear Pillar stage! Dialga and Cresselia are fine, but Palkia is incredibly annoying. The worst part is, the CPU players are able to fight regularly even when the stage is flipped.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
So I was enjoying a game of Brawl with a CPU because WiFi was crapping out.

I random'd Spear Pillar and was just casually screwing around.

At about 1 stock each and me about to win, the **** stage flips over and I panic.

Needless to say I used my UpB thinking my character was on the ground trying to recover and suicided.

There needs to be a **** warning.

And that Laser is annoying also.
*****ing doesn't solve things, taking spear pillar out your random stage select stages might. :) gl.

Lord Omikron666

Smash Rookie
Well, that's how Spear Pillar works, you either get Dialga, Palkia, or Cresselia to affect the stage. If you don't like it then just turn the stage off on random selection.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dialga is the least troubling for me since the angle tilts are relatively low and seeing it attack is quite predictable and easy to avoid.

Palkia can be troublesome since it can flip the screen and rotate the stage up to 90 degrees.

Cresselia is the biggest pain since you don't know where that Psycho Cut is going until it's too late.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I hate Spear Pillar. The control inversion gets me, or at least enough that the CPU are able to take me down with ease. I played one match there as Marth, and SDed about 5 times due to mirroring and flipping. Ugh.

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one that thinks Spear Pillar without Palkia or Cresselia can be a somewhat viable counterpick or do I not understand what determines a counterpick well enough?

iTz_HaVoC

Smash Cadet
I personally like Spear. I'm always on edge when i play. Me and my friends always freak out when palkia shows up cause we know he'll flip the stage lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Am I the only one that thinks Spear Pillar without Palkia or Cresselia can be a somewhat viable counterpick or do I not understand what determines a counterpick well enough?
Large stage. Pokemon kill you. Easy to camp in the bottom tunnel and not die for obscene, if not infinite, amounts of time.

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
That's something that I was thinking as well, but the thing that purged the thought out of my mind was a comparison to hyrule temple - how it's not nearly as bad as hyrule temple is when it comes to not being able to KO. I wanna hear what someone else thinks though, because I'm still iffy on the idea.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
That's something that I was thinking as well, but the thing that purged the thought out of my mind was a comparison to hyrule temple - how it's not nearly as bad as hyrule temple is when it comes to not being able to KO. I wanna hear what someone else thinks though, because I'm still iffy on the idea.
Wrong! If you're under the stage you can tech every strong hit right up to 999%. Only the beam the stage hits you with can kill you if you're down there, really.

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
I said omitting Palkia and Cresselia, which leaves us to slow down of time, floatiness, and a laser. In which case, there's at least one gimmick in many counterpicks. Of course, the players can just restart until they get Dialga, but I'm not sure if people are willing to do that.

That's the "far too many gimmicks" argument. How is it easy to camp though? I'm honestly not getting something here..

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I said omitting Palkia and Cresselia, which leaves us to slow down of time, floatiness, and a laser. In which case, there's at least one gimmick in many counterpicks. Of course, the players can just restart until they get Dialga, but I'm not sure if people are willing to do that.

That's the "far too many gimmicks" argument. How is it easy to camp though? I'm honestly not getting something here..
It is entirely possible for both people to never enter combat on that stage.

Bobo_The_Monkey

Smash Cadet
spear pillar has caused me to Suicide so many times
I dont Suicide now but its funny to watch my brother still kill himself when the stage flips

BOFO

Smash Cadet
Cresselia is nothing. Why are people such big babies about this stage? I understand Wario Ware, but seriously guys. Pokemon Stadium 2 is even worse than Spear Pillar.

PK_Earthbound

Smash Rookie
I personally like this stage because I'm a Pokemon fanatic. The only time I hate the stage flipping is that against a CPU, those crazy computers aren't affected at all upside down, and you stay there trying to figure out how to move, attack, etc.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Can you... not be vague?
There's really not much more I can do to dumb it down any farther.

Should I rephrase it as such:

Both people can run around in such a manner so as to never hit one another

or:

Neither person actually has to do anything but run and jump

or:

Due to the structure of the stage, both people can endlessly avoid one another.

Seriously, have you even played Spear Pillar before?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Name 1 song that's good at that stage.
Route 209 FTW.

Dialga and Palkia, Diamond wild battle, and Team Galaxy are also pretty sweet

I guess it all falls in the matter of opinion.

Also I don't care how big of a pkmn fan I am, any stage that directly aims to kill you is a sorry stage in my book. If you're going to enter any stage of death at least have some visual warnings in the stage. I don't want to be totally rockin in Allstar mode and suddenly die because stupid Dialga jumps from the back of the stage to purposelly kill me.

Top Bottom