• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar confirmed! (Discovery - Fall Conference Video)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Luigi deserves his own stage, beacuse he has been in SSB since the first game. The most logical stage choice for him is Luigi's Mansion.
Yes, Luigi clearly deserves this. Luigi's Mansion is a must have stage for Brawl.

But Ashley's song does not fit with the quirky spontaneous feel of the Warioware stage.
I don't think it fits the game at all, but okay.

The song works perfectly with Ashley's Mansion though. This may or may not mean she is in.
It wont help to have both stages, beacuase they are so similar. Unless they start to make clone stages.
She won't be in, though. She doesn't have a chance.

Her getting a stage would be ridiculous. I'm going to have to say that this is Luigi's Mansion. Ashley doesn't even a deserve a stage.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It should be obvious that it's Luigi's mansion...

I mean, especially if Luigi gets the poultergust...

...I mean c'mon

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Only thing is, Wario's second stage didn't show up and Mario has too many stages already. It's too soon to jump into conclutions. Unless Wario's stage end up being his castle or Diamond City maybe Pearl Square; but you know Mario can't have too many stages unless he cut's back on Galaxies or New Super Mario Bros.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only thing is, Wario's second stage didn't show up and Mario has too many stages already. It's too soon to jump into conclutions. Unless Wario's stage end up being his castle or Diamond City maybe Pearl Square; but you know Mario can't have too many stages unless he cut's back on Galaxies or New Super Mario Bros.
LUIGI should have his stage, and most likely will

Mario has a lot of stages because there are a lot of Mario characters

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
LUIGI should have his stage, and most likely will

Mario has a lot of stages because there are a lot of Mario characters
I'll take your word for it I guess, maybe it will help if some of the ghost in Luigi's Mansion to be AT's. If Red get's to be an AT...... I'll be quite now.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
It should be obvious that it's Luigi's mansion...

I mean, especially if Luigi gets the poultergust...

...I mean c'mon
We don't see a castle. It could be 1000s of stages. And Luigi could get another stage. (Maybe inside Luigi's Mansion...?)

I should work on the thread. And Luigi's Mansion looks not the same like this stage. It's incorrect to say it's this stage or another one. We don't have that many clues.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone want to argue against this definitely being Luigi's mansion now that Ashley has bit the dust?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to argue against this definitely being Luigi's mansion now that Ashley has bit the dust?
There are more than 100 other stages, this stage could be.

There isn't a castle on it. We only know that this is kind of haunted stage.

Maggirus

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
PI, I know you know better than that. Ashley's a Wario character, so that's still a possablity that this is her stage.

Like Maggirus said, it's too many stages that characters have that has a creapy background.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I seriously think it's about time for Luigi to get his own stage...

He's been in both N64 AND Melee without his own stage, and now that's he was finally in a real game solo...he should have it...

Mario is updated with Sunshine gear and gets a sunshine level, it just makes sense for Luigi to get Luigi's mansion accessories and get a Luigi's Mansion level...

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman

I seriously think it's about time for Luigi to get his own stage...

He's been in both N64 AND Melee without his own stage, and now that's he was finally in a real game solo...he should have it...

Mario is updated with Sunshine gear and gets a sunshine level, it just makes sense for Luigi to get Luigi's mansion accessories and get a Luigi's Mansion level...
Mushroom Kingdom 2 was supposed to be Luigi's stage.

It would be nice if people would argue about the scene we've got. The only things I've seen so far is "Luigi deserves his own stage" and "Ashley's Theme doesn't fit with WarioWare-stage".

And there are more possibilities for Luigi's new stage.

Maggrius

rykall

Smash Cadet
Y'know, if the people who went to Whobby Fair told us what the song was that played at WarioWare stage.. It could help us a lot. If it wasn't Ashley's song, this stage is as good as confirmed as Ashley's Castle...:rolleyes:

gangstajuice05

Smash Cadet
IT'S Most likely to be Luigi's Mansion, because Ashley's Castle is the backround or something behind Warioware stage!

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
I hope its luigis mansion, but Ashley's castle is logical since her music is confirmed... then again I loved Luigi's mansion! It was so awesome!

AdeptLoki

Smash Rookie
Haven't heard about this find yet; im thinking its Ashely's castle but I bet its Luigi's mansion

Talendime

Smash Ace
This could be a mario galaxy, the one with the haunted house (forgot the name)

Nahh they wouldn't use that one. If they're gonna make stage repping the ghosts they'd probably just make "Ghost House". Because the "Planets" theme and the "Haunted House" theme are both unique in themselves, they wouldn't combine both as they would clash and distract from one another. Seriously, I can't see them making a haunted house planet into a stage..
If they are going to feature Mario Galaxy, I'd guess they might make one similar to the Sunshine stage, using an oversized mushroom ship -I forget what it was called- to transport between various planets.
And now I've just realized that that idea puts complete possibility on the inclusion of the haunted house planet. I feel like I just wasted 2 minutes of my life..

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
(from the Gamespot/GameFAQs thread I started)

It's been confirmed as a stage from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, I guess. The Pokemon at the top is Dialaga?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Dreaded Colisum from Battle Revolution? Didn't see that comming, it's something else though.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Although, I did see a picture of a Luigi's Mansion stage. Nothing special though, just a platform stage with the Mansion in the background.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping that Spear Pillar would be a stage. It's exactly how I had pictured it would be. I've never really cared for the Pokemon Stadium stage.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Does Dialga actually do anything? Or is he just there for show?

Lovely

Smash Lord
I was hoping that Spear Pillar would be a stage. It's exactly how I had pictured it would be. I've never really cared for the Pokemon Stadium stage.
But Stadium is fun. :( But I never thought Pokemon would have a stage like that in Brawl. Oh well, at least it looks nice.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would say Palkia reverse the battle feild while Dialga slows down or speeds up time. A nice evil stage I must say, even with random attacks that come out of no where. I heard Drakrai is a Pokeball, what does he do?

Daniee

Smash Cadet
I am very pleased. =)

The stage has my favorite Pokemon song ever, the Dialga/Palkia Battle Theme.

Patinator

Smash Champion
...The... The Dialga/Palkia ba... The D...

...I am officially in love with Brawl. Spear Pillar, with Palkia and Dialga, AND their music. ...

:cry: IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

vinternet

Smash Cadet
In the video, Palkia cause a giant beam to fire through the cave part of the stage (big floor underneath what would otherwise be the bottom of the stage). A little while after that, he causes the whole stage to tilt sideways a little.

What does Dialga do?

X-DS

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking whether Dialga or Palkia shows up might depend on what time of day it is. When I originally unlocked the stage (during the day) it was only Palkia who'd appear, but tonight I've only seen Dialga in the many times I've been on the stage.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
In case you can't see it, there's an Animal Crossing character in the second picture.

So therefore, it is most likely Smashville at night.

So you're wrong.

And I want pie. :O
lulz, thats pretty funny that your effort to prove it wasnt smashville was so misconstrued.

Top Bottom