• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar confirmed! (Discovery - Fall Conference Video)

shadowkid17

Smash Rookie
I completely agree, it should be considered I am pending on confirmation of luigi staying.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
I don't have the highest quality of download. The only thing really worth looking at is the the branch. That's why I left the last 10 frames out. But here you go.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I don't see anything new, but thank you.

An idea: Could this be something like the one marsh in Mario&Luigi DS?
It looks so. (I search a pic)

Maggirus

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Still, good find. I'll place my bets on Luigi's Mansion and that Luigi will be like Mario, except he will have his Poltergeist 3000 instead of the F.L.U.D.D.
PolterGUST 3000

Did you forget the absolutely hilarious pun?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I'm tired of thinking about this stage.

No idea, how to find what stage this is.
It could be possible:

(HELP - Anyone who can think about a stage who could be shown in the vid)

The stage should have these characteristics:
*There should be a/more dead tree
*purple fog - blue sky (at night)
*there should be stars and a bigger light on the sky

I have an idea which stage this could be:

This marsh from Mario&Luigi Partners in Time (for DS).
There was something like that, but I don't see any pictures from it in the web.
And I lent my game to a friend of mine.

(Help needed)

Well, if I look on the pictures, I think it's Ashley's castle. But, yeah forget it.

;aggirus

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
...Is it me or do Luigi's Mansion and Ashley's house look almost identical?
yeah, they're almost one and the same in appearance. Shows you the imagination Nintendo has at times, and I'm sure they're pulling it off as a 'pun' to Luigi's Mansion.

At first guess, I would say that it has to be Luigi's Mansion because it's popularity BUT... Ashley's theme is listed as a song, which means it could surprisingly be another wario stage. (If this is true, it may also mean that Ashley could be in Brawl, which is even weirder to me.)

So while it 'could' be Ashley's Castle my probability standings are this:
Luigi's Mansion 80%
Ashley's Castle 20%
Ashley being a character 5%

gamer8

Smash Lord
Luigi's mansion would be cool, it could divide into different parts like castle siege. The first part could be fighting outside of the mansion, the second part could be the crib where you fight the baby boss, the third part could be in the graveyard where you fight the 3rd boss, the 4th area could be where you fight boolosses, and the 5th part could be the top of the mansion, with mega bowser and king boo as hazards in the part of the area, which could be done in all areas, too.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
In case you can't see it, there's an Animal Crossing character in the second picture.

So therefore, it is most likely Smashville at night.

So you're wrong.

And I want pie. :O
the scene is in the middle of changing..-_-

kikimenor

Smash Rookie
I agree with the ghouls and ghosts idea!!
BUT if it is luigi's mansion then finally attention will be brought to luigi for smash bros. I love that game and I think it would make a perfect stage, but again wow for you guys overanalysing every second of thse videos they send out....jeez

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
In a couple of the earlier frames, it kinda looks like there's a castle in the upper left corner, but seeing as it is only on those and doesn't appear to be in the later ones, it's likely just a byproduct of the foam being blurred.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
I'm crossing my fingers for Ashley's Mansion as opposed to Luigi's (not just because I really demand Ashley in the game, but I don't see her theme being used in the WarioWare level.)

Stado

Smash Apprentice
Even if Ashley were a playable character, I doubt they would give her, her own stage. It makes much more sense for such a thing to be a Luigi's Mansion-esque stage given the fact that Luigi's moveset will more than likely incorporate some elements from that game into it.

Oh, and why would one not expect for Ashley's theme to be played on the WarioWare stage? It seems rather obvious that that's what's going to happen.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... good find. I never spotted this at all. And I watched that video like 20 times :o

Either possibility seems cool to me. Heck, just the idea of a dark spooky stage in general is awesome, regardless of what it is. We need some dark stages to balance out the happy, crazy colorful stages. Not that happy stages are bad, mind you. It'd just be nice to have some contrast.

veN0m

Smash Cadet
i think its ashleys castle. only reason being is that her song was updated month or two ago. y would they put ashleys song? maybe cause she has a stage. well im not a psychic but i think its a ashley stage, BUT im hopin it is a luigiss mansion stage. Luigi deserves it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
That's no moon... it's a space station! OMFG STAR WARS LEVEL LOLOL!

That is an interesting observation, though. I think a "haunted house" type level would be pretty cool ^_^

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget that the video is the same one that "showed" Ice Climbers' stage before being officially announced on the Dojo?
And if you notice, Charizard is on Norfair, before it was revealed.
And this is all the same film.

It's perfectly reasonable to think that they put Luigi's Mansion in the film before revealing it.

When you watch the film on the Dojo, when you see it moving, it becomes very clear that the backround are clouds with a big light behind them, usually that's either the sun or the moon.
Since it's dark, it's night, thus it's the moon.

In no way can it be the Battlefield stage at night or Smashville at night
The nightsky for both those stages is not the one that is seen behind Squirtle.

It IS a stage we haven't seen yet.
Imagine someone pointed out that aurora Borealis before we knew of Ice Climber's stage.
This could be a situation like that.

HappyBirthday

Smash Cadet
Probably proves nothing... But that would be a cool stage, especially if Luigi ended up having a different icon from other mario characters representing he has his own game kinda like Wario, although Wario really has his own series of games

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
OK well now it's obviously a stage we haven't seen before. Like other people have said, there are no dead trees that we have seen on other stages. I personally would think that it's a Luigi's Mansion stage. He's been due for one of his own.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I can't really tell anything from the pic, but I do think that there needs to be a Luigi's Mansion or at least a stage that we can say that it's Luigi's stage.

marioiswaiting

Smash Cadet
luigi does need his own stage, he has no credit. I mean look hes been in melee and didnt have a stage, now is the time for one

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Whatever the stage may be, from that 2 second bit we got, I'm already psyched. Nice find. I'm personally saying Luigi's Mansion, though.

Top Bottom