• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
anyone live? im trying to learn a secondary, but i may switch into my main occasionally?

RamenKing1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Samakoph
3DS FC
0688-5616-9231
As soon as I'm able to charge my 3DS, I'm definitely down.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Thanks for the matches @ Rysir Rysir ! Your lucario is pretty good lol
Those KO punches and down sweeps, I got hit by those way too much lol Gonna have to work on my lucardio to keep up with you! I dont even know how I got a win during that beat down, was fun though.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Those KO punches and down sweeps, I got hit by those way too much lol Gonna have to work on my lucardio to keep up with you! I dont even know how I got a win during that beat down, was fun though.
Lol I was trying to talk to my bro and play at the same time during that one. Apparently, the new Bayonetta demo is awesome lmao.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Lol I was trying to talk to my bro and play at the same time during that one. Apparently, the new Bayonetta demo is awesome lmao.
Tss and I thought I did something right that time lol That extreme speed suicide earlier broke my focus something fierce too.

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
Anyone wanting to play some games? I have a tournament between friends coming up and I'd like to play against some really good people. My FC is 3523-2118-1902

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Tss and I thought I did something right that time lol That extreme speed suicide earlier broke my focus something fierce too.
It's alright man, You're actually the best lucario I've played. Just learn how to use your counter and sweetspot the ledge consistently. you'll be sooooo much better when you get those down pat.
Anyone wanting to play some games? I have a tournament between friends coming up and I'd like to play against some really good people. My FC is 3523-2118-1902
I'll add you. My FC is below my avatar. I'll make a lobby for us to train in.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
@ Kinslayer Kinslayer

Well that was fun your marth has good spacing and is probably the best I have seen in a while. Killed my lucario without much problems.

Of course, seems like u have a problem against spacing characters like ZSS. how do you fair against links?

Last edited:

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
@ Kinslayer Kinslayer

Well that was fun your marth has good spacing and is probably the best I have seen in a while. Killed my lucario without much problems.
Ggs man. My connection dropped out because my Rottweiler knocked the modem cord out the wall. I wasn't quite done yet.lol

That Zss is a pain! lol I wish her paralyzed recovery was slower, but man you use her well. Good job controlling space with the Rays and dash in moves really fun stuff!

If you want to play more I'm still game man. I look forward to playing you again!

@All if anyone else wants to play let me know!

Last edited:

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Ggs man. My connection dropped out because my Rottweiler knocked the modem cord out the wall. I wasn't quite done yet.lol

That Zss is a pain! lol I wish her paralyzed recovery was slower, but man you use her well. Good job controlling space with the Rays and dash in moves really fun stuff!

If you want to play more I'm still game man. I look forward to playing you again!
Wish I could, I got a meeting in 30min. Ill be back online later though

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
Okay I think we both know now that I'm never going to win a game, lol. Good matches, I probably should've mentioned that I'm a scrub

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
In the last match I literally managed to get about 9% on you :I

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
In the last match I literally managed to get about 9% on you :I
To be fair, that happens to a lot of people I play lol. The best way to get good, is to play people that are better than you. That way they can tell you what you're doing wrong, and you can apply it your play style. That's actually why I made this thread. I wouldn't be anywhere near as good as I am now if it weren't for facing all of these people in here.

I could be up for a few rounds. Anyone wanna go?
I'll take you on if you want

Last edited:

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
I agree it's best to play as people better than you but you also need to be able to beat them too. It's like playing a difficult piece of music; you can try learning a Grade 8 piece when you're Grade 1 but it ain't going to be pretty and might not be as helpful compared to practicing things in your skill level.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I could be up for a few rounds. Anyone wanna go?
I agree it's best to play as people better than you but you also need to be able to beat them too. It's like playing a difficult piece of music; you can try learning a Grade 8 piece when you're Grade 1 but it ain't going to be pretty and might not be as helpful compared to practicing things in your skill level.
Ahh I see what you mean. Whenenver we play next time i'll practice my secondaries with you instead. then we'll be even

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
I'm up for some games, who would like to have a match or 2 with me?

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
I wouldn't compare it to that because a peice of music can't assit you and tell you exactly whats you had been doing wrong. Don't get frustrated ask questions as to what your can i prove on and no matter how bad you lose save and watch your replays good and bad!

I'm known in the KOF community and I can tell you the one thing that made me as good as I am is getting my ass handed to me over and over and asking tons off questions. After awhile you'll level up your understanding of the game which will in turn level you up.

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
Thanks for the advice, although I don't really know what questions I could ask because I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong in the first place. I know this is a john but I SD a lot just because the circle pad will slip and do sideb instead of upb or vice versa so that's probably something I should work on.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
I am open to spar in about 2 hours. Hope it doesn't lag.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Thanks for the advice, although I don't really know what questions I could ask because I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong in the first place. I know this is a john but I SD a lot just because the circle pad will slip and do sideb instead of upb or vice versa so that's probably something I should work on.
doing the wrong moves with the circlepad is a problem that'll naturally disappear after awhile. Try learning how to sweet spot the ledge every time you recover to make it harder to edgegaurd you. Also try not to just run in against your opponent predictably, because that was 80% of the reason you were losing. If I know how you're gonna come at me, all I have to do is time my smash attack correctly.

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
Ask any and every question you can possibly think of because if you have a question about it that means you dont fully understand it. You can even ask the same question more than once you'll find the answers change over time. A good place to start is how is my spacing? Or why do you keep doing (insert whatever)? Is that actually safe? If not how can I Punish it?

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll go take my questions to the character forums

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
Ggs duck. Man those were fun games. Little Mac ko punch is a big problem. I had a few of those games, but then I eat a ko and lost my last stock. It kills at such a little percent I'll have to try to figure out how to dance around it. Great movements and really good use of armor man. Really fun stuff. I figured out a way around basically everything except ko punch.lol

Thanks for the Mac exp I really need as much of that as I can get.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Ggs duck. Man those were fun games. Little Mac ko punch is a big problem. I had a few of those games, but then I eat a ko and lost my last stock. It kills at such a little percent I'll have to try to figure out how to dance around it. Great movements and really good use of armor man. Really fun stuff. I figured out a way around basically everything except ko punch.lol

Thanks for the Mac exp I really need as much of that as I can get.
Aha thanks man. Yeah I figured out early on that you didn't know how to handle it so well, and I used it to my advandtage lol. If you're ever up to try again, lemme know.

Top Bottom