• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
I don't know I'm feeling like there's so little I can do. I'm small and light and you hit really hard! Hmm..

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Communication error? Anyway I think I'm done for the night. I'm not sure what I learned, other than Little mac seems ridiculous and is hard to approach or punish!

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Communication error? Anyway I think I'm done for the night. I'm not sure what I learned, other than Little mac seems ridiculous and is hard to approach or punish! Good games, even though you destroyed me.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Communication error? Anyway I think I'm done for the night. I'm not sure what I learned, other than Little mac seems ridiculous and is hard to approach or punish!
Aha its alright. The reason it was so hard to approach was because you only ever really approach with a shorthopped D-air. It's great that you can do so many combos if you land it, but you have to land it for it to work. Try mixing it up sometimes, you've got the makings of an amazing Kirby. Just try not to be so predictable and you'll be golden.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Any other suggestions, I admit I am really predictable especially under pressure, which you had me under constantly, because of how fast and strong little mac is. I felt intimidated in every fight,especially when the KO punch kicked in. I wasn't sure if I was making you whiff it (which I was hoping to do) or if you were purposely making it fail though. Which was it? I also find that I keep pressing the wrong inputs, like down B instead of up b, or the B button instead of a button, etc. But that's just me being an idiot, haha. @_@

I did like that one kill I got on you on Gerudo valley with the forward air. I use to be able to attack like that consistently in brawl.

Last edited:

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
On that note, I'd love to play against you some more some time! This might help me against the crappy little macs who always get me in for glory. Any tips for dealing with mac in general?

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Any other suggestions, I admit I am really predictable especially under pressure, which you had me under constantly, because of how fast and strong little mac is. I felt intimidated in every fight,especially when the KO punch kicked in. I wasn't sure if I was making you whiff it (which I was hoping to do) or if you were purposely making it fail though. Which was it? I also find that I keep pressing the wrong inputs, like down B instead of up b, or the B button instead of a button, etc. But that's just me being an idiot, haha. @_@

I did like that one kill I got on you on Gerudo valley with the forward air. I use to be able to attack like that consistently in brawl.
Oh no, you were definitely making me whiff it. It's usually very easy for me to consistently land KO punches on people, because they aren't used to it. The problem with Kirby is that he's so small and mobile, that hitting him is infinitely harder than the average character. I felt intimidated too, because I knew that if I let you hit that D-air I was about to eat a lot of damage. No kidding, my heart was beating pretty fast at the end of the first match lol.
On that note, I'd love to play against you some more some time! This might help me against the crappy little macs who always get me in for glory. Any tips for dealing with mac in general?
I recommend learning mix ups, and utilizing your grabs more. Also, learning how to use your kill moves more effectively. I shouldn't really be surviving till 170+ as Mac.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Hmm, thanks for the tips! That's true, I always did have problems making use of my kills moves. I think it's because I get nervous about using them and then they get dodged, blocked/countered and staled and I end up grabbed.

Last edited:

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
I don't know if this works as kirby, but on any of his smashes you can block up close then dash up throw or spot dodge jab punish. As Marth on some i can even block SH fair.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Hmm, thanks for the tips! That's true, I always did have problems making use of my kills moves. I think it's because I get nervous about using them and then they get dodged, blocked/countered and staled and I end up grabbed.
No problem. @Reserved has an AMAZING Kirby. If you ever get the chance to play him you should. I'm sure you could learn a lot of kirby specific things from him.

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
Little mac seems to have some serious push back when his attacks get blocked by Kirby, so Kirby gets pushed away from mac and can't really catch up like Marth can because he's slower, he also doesn't have the range of the sword.

Vulk Hylan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vyce_E
3DS FC
4553-9965-3961
I am more than willing to fight anyone, I need to improve my Ike and Robin play.
My FC is... 4553-9965-3961.

Vulk Hylan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vyce_E
3DS FC
4553-9965-3961
That was my bad, chose a non FD stage by accident. Had some fun games though. Got read like a book on that last Robin game, plus I SD'd by accident with Thoron.

Anyone up to play some?
I will play a few rounds with you.

Last edited:

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
somebody should add me, i hardly have any friends on 3ds and need someone good to help me practice.

Last edited:

Spirst

Your Greninja is god, best Greninja player NA. Really had tons of fun and I feel that i learned a lot. Hope we can fight more often.
Haha, thanks a lot. I had a lot of fun too. Those Mario vs Greninja games were intense. I had to slow down and actively think about what I was going to do many steps in advance. We should definitely play some more sometime. I feel like I learned a fair amount too.

@ M Michael Perez , I'll add you.

Should we do a room for 3 people? I don't mind sitting some out and watching.

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
I'll definitely be up for at least a bit more, so if somebody is willing to play soon, I would totally love to extend how late I'll be up to play.

If not now, I'd still really like to have somebody tell me if they'd be willing to play another time.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
If another person wants to do a 3 person room, I'm also up for that. I'm fine sitting out a couple matches and watching.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
I'll definitely be up for at least a bit more, so if somebody is willing to play soon, I would totally love to extend how late I'll be up to play.

If not now, I'd still really like to have somebody tell me if they'd be willing to play another time.
I can play with you. What's your FC?

Top Bottom