• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I'm looking to further improve my Mac. So I'd like to challenge people that know how to deal with Mac, or think they're pretty good. First come, first serve.

Chaineblood

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chaineblood
3DS FC
5000-3986-8173
I'm looking to further improve my Mac. So I'd like to challenge people that know how to deal with Mac, or think they're pretty good. First come, first serve.
Hey I'm up for it. Rosalina is a pretty good mac gimper so 5000-3986-8173

Edit: Btw look for a guy named Mo! I just added you

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Hey I'm up for it. Rosalina is a pretty good mac gimper so 5000-3986-8173

Edit: Btw look for a guy named Mo! I just added you
alrighty, added you too, I'll make a lobby
Edit:To everyone else, please don't hesitate to offer your services, I really want to grow my skills, and that'll take a variety of players.

Last edited:

Chaineblood

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chaineblood
3DS FC
5000-3986-8173
His Mac is great. Probably the best i've faced so far. He has that akuma feel. Lots of good spacing with ftilt and fsmash. I think good macs will tend to look like this, a read heavy character with lots of power.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
His Mac is great. Probably the best i've faced so far. He has that akuma feel. Lots of good spacing with ftilt and fsmash. I think good macs will tend to look like this, a read heavy character with lots of power.
Aha thanks bro, your Rosalina is no slouch either. Is there anything you feel I could improve on, or anything I should stop doing??
Edit:
I will take you on. Just send me a message for my Friend Code.
Thanks for the matches Oracle! any impressions?

Last edited:

SuperBottle

Smash Cadet
NNID
El Toro
3DS FC
4356-0343-9127
If you are up for a Mac ditto match, those I find the most interesting. I've been playing Mac quite a bit, and I feel like I have a good grasp on him. Anyways, I'd love to spar if you're up to it.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
If you are up for a Mac ditto match, those I find the most interesting. I've been playing Mac quite a bit, and I feel like I have a good grasp on him. Anyways, I'd love to spar if you're up to it.
Totally man! Though I warn you, that's the match up I'm most familiar with lol. I'll add you now.
Edit: Lobby is open

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Your Little Mac is the best that I have seen. All the ones I see online never try to read their opponents and probably counter attack.

The only thing I have to say is, be careful around opponents who can counter.

I noticed that you never try to grab your opponents. That would be helpful against countering type characters.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Ill give it a go if you are interested (im thinking of trying 2 different chars if thats ok)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'd love to fight you. I have a few tricks up my sleeve, haha.

2793 1372 4733

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Your Little Mac is the best that I have seen. All the ones I see online never try to read their opponents and probably counter attack.

The only thing I have to say is, be careful around opponents who can counter.

I noticed that you never try to grab your opponents. That would be helpful against countering type characters.
Thanks bro! I wanted to grab you, but it was too risky. Mac has bad grab range, and luma scares me lol
Ill give it a go if you are interested (im thinking of trying 2 different chars if thats ok)
Alrighty, I'll add you, and open a lobby
I'd love to fight you. I have a few tricks up my sleeve, haha.

2793 1372 4733
And you'll be next if all goes well.

Thanks for the matches El Torro! you're the only other competent mac I've met lol. lets further the mac meta game together!

Last edited:

SuperBottle

Smash Cadet
NNID
El Toro
3DS FC
4356-0343-9127
So, you definitely where readable at the start. That is no bueno because little mac can be punished pretty badly. Towards the end, you finally got the hang of not bullrushing as much. That two gimp was also something I didn't expect. Nice job on that one. The match after that, my smashes weren't coming out well, but no complaints. You still read well over all. Some tips on gimping. I find that facing away from a ledge and doing dsmash is much easier. Use a forward smash if they are higher, and back away if you see nothing.
Other tips.
If you are close to the ground from falling, and there is no punish in sight, through a nair then combo into his standard combo. His uair can also kill around 110% or so (not sure on the lowest). It has a small range and suction on ground that you can work with, and it it generally faster than your other options(not sure on ftilt). I punish with it from time to time. Other than that, good job overall, they where fun matches.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
looks like you got someone with you right now. ill wait
This'll be the last match before you

So, you definitely where readable at the start. That is no bueno because little mac can be punished pretty badly. Towards the end, you finally got the hang of not bullrushing as much. That two gimp was also something I didn't expect. Nice job on that one. The match after that, my smashes weren't coming out well, but no complaints. You still read well over all. Some tips on gimping. I find that facing away from a ledge and doing dsmash is much easier. Use a forward smash if they are higher, and back away if you see nothing.
Other tips.
If you are close to the ground from falling, and there is no punish in sight, through a nair then combo into his standard combo. His uair can also kill around 110% or so (not sure on the lowest). It has a small range and suction on ground that you can work with, and it it generally faster than your other options(not sure on ftilt). I punish with it from time to time. Other than that, good job overall, they where fun matches.
Thanks for the D-smash tip bro, it really comes in handy! And yeah, I was getting overwhelmed by the crazy footsies we were playing, was getting desperate for an opening.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'll leave a lot more tips tomorrow (on my phone atm) but you're the best Little Mac player out there. One of the biggest problems I had with you is that you set up the KO Punch with a D-Tilt, which makes it so I can't duck under it, you don't do plain F-Smash but rather angle it upwards, and those D-Smash punishes are great. However, you really gotta work on mindgames, because after a little bit, you become a bit predictable.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I can play some matches with you. Zelda vs Little Mac can be a hard match up for Zelda so I would love to go against a good Mac. I have been beating Macs in for glory but I don't think they understood the match up lol. I think it would benefit both of us. :)

SuperBottle

Smash Cadet
NNID
El Toro
3DS FC
4356-0343-9127
Just learned that his usmash towards a ledge works like his dsmash, just sending the opponent upwards. I find it easier to connect too.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I'll leave a lot more tips tomorrow (on my phone atm) but you're the best Little Mac player out there. One of the biggest problems I had with you is that you set up the KO Punch with a D-Tilt, which makes it so I can't duck under it, you don't do plain F-Smash but rather angle it upwards, and those D-Smash punishes are great. However, you really gotta work on mindgames, because after a little bit, you become a bit predictable.
Thanks man, I appreciate the criticisms, it'll make me better. This means I'll have to look for some mix ups. Your Kirby is insane though, you really use his duck to great advantage.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I can play some matches with you. Zelda vs Little Mac can be a hard match up for Zelda so I would love to go against a good Mac. I have been beating Macs in for glory but I don't think they understood the match up lol. I think it would benefit both of us. :)
I meant to PM you awhile ago asking for a match lmao. we totally should in a bit.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Zelda...

*cries*

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Just learned that his usmash towards a ledge works like his dsmash, just sending the opponent upwards. I find it easier to connect too.
Whaaaaaaat. I'll need to see what that looks like to do it effectively lol

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
You are indeed a very good lil mac that can use combos well (unlike others who just spam moves and are easily gimped lol)

I would say you are a tad predictable at first, but you change it up later. Your counter is quite predictable though. So maybe use it sparingly b/c a player far more skilled than i am will start reading it and hit you with charged smash attacks.

Some critiques on my part would also be helpful, as i am new to the competitive scene :)

Overall, an amazing job! I'd say your probably top 3 i have played vs. lil macs. Potentially the best at being patient and reading your opponents.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
You are indeed a very good lil mac that can use combos well (unlike others who just spam moves and are easily gimped lol)

I would say you are a tad predictable at first, but you change it up later. Your counter is quite predictable though. So maybe use it sparingly b/c a player far more skilled than i am will start reading it and hit you with charged smash attacks.

Some critiques on my part would also be helpful, as i am new to the competitive scene :)

Overall, an amazing job! I'd say your probably top 3 i have played vs. lil macs. Potentially the best at being patient and reading your opponents.
Oh geez man thanks, I really think I could be better if I knew how to incorporate macs grabs, so the opponent won't try to shield grab so much. Your toon link was amazing. Though, the boomerang arrow combo will only go so far unless you mix it up. I could counter that with my side B, but I was afraid of SDing lol

And if you're up for it, wanna spar @ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 ? you'll probably be the last challenger of the night.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
If you're up for any more after that, I'll join in. I've been wanting to try out mii gunner against people lol

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
GGs all of them were very close. Little Mac is so damn fast it is hard to punish him as Zelda effectively.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
If you're up for any more after that, I'll join in. I've been wanting to try out mii gunner against people lol
If you're willing to play tomorrow, I'd love to. It's 3:30am over here, and I have work in the morning xD

@ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 Those were some intense matches! I think we both were predictable, but it ended starting its own mindgames because we started making moves that would counter-act the previous predictions. You really made me think over all of my moves towards the end. 10/10 would totally rematch you sometime.

Edit: Also want to say thank you to everyone that played me today, it would be amazing if we could all start playing each other and grow our respective mains lol.

Last edited:

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
I'd be down for some matches sometime. Code is 1822 1445 5706. Feel like I'm pretty hit and miss with Bowser but I don't think I've actually played a good mac yet.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
If you add me I'll gladly accept your challenge, though I probably won't play today.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Yeah sure. I'll add you now. Hit me up whenever you want.
I'd be down for some matches sometime. Code is 1822 1445 5706. Feel like I'm pretty hit and miss with Bowser but I don't think I've actually played a good mac yet.
If you add me I'll gladly accept your challenge, though I probably won't play today.
I'll be on tomorrow night around the same time, and I'll be looking forward to playing you guys. In the meantime I'm going to sleep and lament how I can't practice smash bros at work lol. Nighty night peeps.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I saved 4 of our matches because they were really good. You can see the mindgames from both of us after only a few minutes of playing each other. I uploaded them on my youtube I made yesterday just for smash 4 (shameless advertising :awesome:)! The last match is a really good example of how hard it can be for Zelda to get in on Little Mac. You was destroying my face in that match lol.

I don't have a capture card so the quality is not what I would like it to be.

SuperBottle

Smash Cadet
NNID
El Toro
3DS FC
4356-0343-9127
I saved 4 of our matches because they were really good. You can see the mindgames from both of us after only a few minutes of playing each other. I uploaded them on my youtube I made yesterday just for smash 4 (shameless advertising :awesome:)! The last match is a really good example of how hard it can be for Zelda to get in on Little Mac. You was destroying my face in that match lol.

I don't have a capture card so the quality is not what I would like it to be.
Wow, that's a pretty nice zelda. At least, It's better than what I've seen so far. If you want to try out another mac, I'm always up to play too! I've been wanting to see new strategies from characters I don't play often.

Top Bottom