• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Let me get warmed up and I'll take you on in a few!

Zarvy

Smash Cadet
@ Hina Hina Thanks for the games, got some good games in with :4myfriends:. Sorry for the lag.

Anyone else wanna play?

Last edited:

Hina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3055-0413
Lol thanks, I actually almost just changed it to my other avatar.

I added you.
My back is really hurting me right now, so I just want to take a break from it. Sorry.

Those matches were really fun. Especially Ike versus Charizard near the end. It was probably the closest match I've ever had, only counting those last few seconds.

Okay, so I'm actually impressed by how well you use Ike. You were really good at punishing my mistakes while you were using him and you used most of his moves well, instead of only a few. You used Counter really well too, which is awesome because a lot of people are bad at using it. His great jab was utilized well, too. I liked it and hope you keep using him to improve further.

Otherwise, how do you think I did...?

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Lol I was not in a good groove this time, did not do well.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
probably the best mac user i've seen so far, i have no idea how to punish his armor moves lol
You did super well with your fox, I think if you spend more time using him you'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Lol I was not in a good groove this time, did not do well.
Yeah I noticed you seemed a little off today.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
At least I confirmed my questioning if double team makes KO punch whiff, it does!

Zarvy

Smash Cadet
My back is really hurting me right now, so I just want to take a break from it. Sorry.

Those matches were really fun. Especially Ike versus Charizard near the end. It was probably the closest match I've ever had, only counting those last few seconds.

Okay, so I'm actually impressed by how well you use Ike. You were really good at punishing my mistakes while you were using him and you used most of his moves well, instead of only a few. You used Counter really well too, which is awesome because a lot of people are bad at using it. His great jab was utilized well, too. I liked it and hope you keep using him to improve further.

Otherwise, how do you think I did...?
You did pretty good, and kept me guessing on what you were going to do next.
Your :4mario: combos were really good, and you always kept the pressure on me when I was low % from being grabbed. When you played :4charizard:, I kept thinking you'd read me and Side B randomly, or try to finish me with his Up B, but you didn't so I played conservatively just in case you would. The :4palutena: matches kind of astonished me. Shes a lot better than I thought she was and I had to approach you carefully, as you were easily countering and zoning me.

Anyone wanna play still? :upsidedown:

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Yep, stood in front of you and activated double team and it whiffed in the last game. It also makes grabs miss, its pretty neat lol
I guess I was too in the moment to notice lol. Makes me wonder if the KO punch can be countered like a regular move

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I guess I was too in the moment to notice lol. Makes me wonder if the KO punch can be countered like a regular move
Should give it a try on Ike/Marth as it seems Double team makes it miss entirely.

On a side note, the current conquest thats going on is amazing.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Should give it a try on Ike/Marth as it seems Double team makes it miss entirely.

On a side note, the current conquest thats going on is amazing.
WhIch characters are involved?

Also, anyone up for some matches? I need practice for an upcoming tourney tonight.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
WhIch characters are involved?

Also, anyone up for some matches? I need practice for an upcoming tourney tonight.
Fist vs gun vs sword, and lucario and mac are part of team brawlers and they are crushing.

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
If anyone is up for sparring, drop me a line and we can get sorted. I'd like a bit of practice with my Bowser with a variety of opponents. Hope to see some of you on the battlefield!

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Sure! Up for a few rounds before I hit the hay so Zarvy?

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Yeah, I made a room for you to join.
GGs Zarvy. Those were some pretty hectic battles. Drop me a line whenever you're keen on another set of sparring. Good lord Fox hits like a truck for someone so small.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
What the hell man you have 12 pages and no Doctor Mario to practice against?

Ring me up, I'm a mediocre local doctor but I'll do my best. I'll also play other characters so don't be surprised if I deviate.

FC : 2836-0418-1658

Top Bottom