• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA PRESENTS: We DO exist! MELEE REVIVAL TOURNEY by toasty & Caboose!!! 1/31 LIVE

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, I dumped my sister on my dad for the weekend.

So, I called off work, I have the car, my sister is gone... I'M COMING FOR SURE (unless something super serious pops up like... being hospitalized for being unconscious)!!! I'm going to drive down Friday and possibly stay at O-NO's place. the next day I'll drive to the tourny, participate, and then afterwards... IDK. More housing would be nice but I know O-NO has work so I would need someone else. If not, I'll have to do a late-night drive.

Thanks.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so it's confirmed for tomorrow... WM + Stars is bringing 7 at least.

I want to request round robin pools for the tournament. I'm bringing 4 players who don't ahve experience..and so that would be more enjoyable for them i think.

that brings up the issue of seeding of course..but i'm willing to help seed if you'd like..

and I don't care if i have a hard bracket/pool...since i'm going to kick *** anyways:)

but since i know most of the players in the region i could probably make good pools. Though perhaps i'll overrate some players..but it's better to overrate than to insult someone's talent, neh?

dark hart; i'm in va, so i can't give you a ride sorry

rhan

Smash Hero
Good stuff KP. Wish I could have made it. But it was either this tourney or the 31st. :(

STARS represent!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
KP...just recite that whole post to Victor, the tourney host for tomorrow. He has no experience running tourneys as far as I know, so I'm sure he'll appreciate all the help you can give him.

I MAY be there for singles and if I show up at all I'll at least play some friendlies and say what's up :)

Declan

Smash Apprentice
Are there going to be any vids posted from the first event (tomorrow)?
Also, I might be bringing one or two others on the 31st.
I haven't gotten to play that many other competitive players and this is my first melee tournament actually. I'm pretty excited. I hope there will be lots of time for friendlies and maybe some MMs if I'm up for it.
How many people are you guys expecting to show up for the 31st???

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
see everyone tomorrow. =P. teams is gonna be interesting. along with singles. i don't wanna use marth though. maybe falco though.

toasty

Smash Hero
FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

Please read...seriously.

Any matches recorded?
Expected pot of the 31st?
Expecting recordings on the 31st?
I think some matches were filmed by S-Man via camera...a lot of friendlies IIRC but I wasn't there the whole day so iunno...

Singles pot for 31st looks like 125-150 [split 60/30/10]...could be more :) Not sure yet.
Teams pot? noooo clue >_>

MATCHES WILL BE RECORDED AND BROADCAST LIVE! So your friends back home or whatever can watch too :)

I'll post the link when I have it.

Kevin: thanks.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
but no Melee...and not all the chords lmao

it was fun dropping by..more people than I thought! Everyone's getting sooo good ^_^

31st is gonna be BALLIN!!!!

Can't wait.

only results I know for the 24th:

1st - MaSHi
2nd - Schoolie Dee
3rd - SpeedYoshi
4th - SK
5th & 5th - CStick & Poehlcat

LMAO yea no big deal. ;)
ill correct that next time hahahaha

good **** to mashi for winning it.
cstick i loved the friendlies.
schoolie........ no.

CStick

Smash Lord
****....I squandered. HARD. SPD and Schoolie exacted some pretty tough revenge on me from when we played last time in tourney. And yet again someone I beat managed to place higher than me lol. Good **** SK.

dayum... :( *insert jonez here*

good **** guys.

Mashi is still a beast. S-man, wut hppun??

Poehlcat: you got alot better since the last time i saw you way back when. Good ****.

cya guys next week.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
My shoutouts just got deleted by accidnet and I'm too drunk to redo them. But good **** to Mashi for winning, you're a beast.

CNU all in top 5 for the epic win.

Did you hear Gmon beat Henry?

rhan

Smash Hero
Next week I'm comming. STARS needs their little halfrican with them. :3

Good stuff to everyone that went though. Wish I could have came. Next time CNU won't even have the top 10 spots OHOHOHO I'm so witty. :p

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Idk what i was doing today that led to me getting beat down so hard. i felt like i wasnt applying any of my knowledge gained to this point at all. I wasn't counterpicking intelligently, nor did i use characters that i knew how to use. My fox is trash compared to most. I underestimated my falcon. I overestimated my link at mute city. and i underestimated poehlcat after i 4 stocked him =/

So i lost singles. But i got free food, free entrance to the tourneys, and free gas money payment by winning teams! so HA
GET ***** B*TCHES!!!

Also, yea gmon is my buddy ive been training for the past couple months.
he's getting alot better and i hope he'll be close to CNU level soon so we can do SS Crew battlezz.

next week. SS vs KF KF vs S.T.A.R.S. S.T.A.R.S. vs SS

Let the fun begin.
$5 each person for crews?
unless poor people argue otherwise?!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
best thing about tourney is the commentary from speedyoshi haha. *towards s-man and poehlcat* "i think i'll sandbag.....oh **** it didn't work!" hahaha. good stuff tourney stuff all around. everyone has gotten better though. =]

rhan

Smash Hero
Idk what i was doing today that led to me getting beat down so hard. i felt like i wasnt applying any of my knowledge gained to this point at all. I wasn't counterpicking intelligently, nor did i use characters that i knew how to use. My fox is trash compared to most. I underestimated my falcon. I overestimated my link at mute city. and i underestimated poehlcat after i 4 stocked him =/

So i lost singles. But i got free food, free entrance to the tourneys, and free gas money payment by winning teams! so HA
GET ***** B*TCHES!!!

Also, yea gmon is my buddy ive been training for the past couple months.
he's getting alot better and i hope he'll be close to CNU level soon so we can do SS Crew battlezz.

next week. SS vs KF KF vs S.T.A.R.S. S.T.A.R.S. vs SS

Let the fun begin.
$5 each person for crews?
unless poor people argue otherwise?!
I love your attitude. :]

All these crew battles need to happen! No bull****. All of SS better show. *CoughEtherO-NoSchoolie*

Also Pitzer needs to come also. Gotta love that Roy. :]

toasty

Smash Hero
S-Man, don't sweat it [good attitude btw], it really has happened to EVERYONE...make up for it next week =D

[haha I think I did some cool stuff in our Yoshi's Story match, I wanna see it, doesn't have to be posted though :)]

but yoooo....I underestimated your Falcon tooooo

OH OH OH SCHOOLIE! SURPRISE FALCON!??!!? WTF @ SIIIICK MOONWALKING?! wow dude, impressive.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
any kind of training helps me. =P. i hope to play more this week though. my tech skills are like gone..=[. i need to bring it back.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think some matches were filmed by S-Man via camera...a lot of friendlies IIRC but I wasn't there the whole day so iunno...
Sweet
Singles pot for 31st looks like 125-150 [split 60/30/10]...could be more :)
I was told there were going to be a lot of people there. If it's $5 entrance then a pot of $140 means 24 people. That's more than my last tourny where 2 guys showed up (****ing WV and it's losers not showing up and having 2 guys from VA come all that way), but I was thinking it would be around 40 people with a $200 pot :laugh: I was getting ahead of myself.
MATCHES WILL BE RECORDED AND BROADCAST LIVE! So your friends back home or whatever can watch too :)
I'll post the link when I have it.
Double sweet

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i will help with brackets/pools. so there won't be stacking and complications! =]

toasty

Smash Hero
I was told there were going to be a lot of people there. If it's $5 entrance then a pot of $140 means 24 people. That's more than my last tourny where 2 guys showed up (****ing WV and it's losers not showing up and having 2 guys from VA come all that way), but I was thinking it would be around 40 people with a $200 pot :laugh: I was getting ahead of myself.
Well.

There MIGHT be. A lot of people who are supposed to come need rides.

But even so:

I didn't want to get ahead of MYSELF.

A year and a half ago, I had a huuuuuge event and people traveled etc etc, but this was during an era when people in our region LOVED this game, so they showed up, but they did NOT love tournaments...so they didn't enter.

I'm not trying to scare you, because it's not like this anymore. There are a lot more people who come and compete.

It very well COULD be 40 people if everyone who says they're coming actually is able to make it.

So let's just cross our fingers ^_^

Don't worry though, this really does sound like it's going to be amazing.

EDIT: thanks MaSHi.
I think I'd need more help with that in Melee than I did with Brawl tourneys haha.
Sounds good!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
good estimated 20people WILL be there. so the rest....who knows. haha that should keep the number though. so if you go, you're going to see at least 20.

rhan

Smash Hero
HYPED HYPED HYPED HYPED

I have a 100% chance on going if I just keep my room clean this entire week. So looks like y'all will be seeing me there. I can't wait for this!

Dark Hart: MAKE IT! See if Lozr might take you.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
GOOD **** CNU!

SPEEDYOSHI: OH MAN, SO FAST! WE GOTTA PLAY AGAIN!

POEHLCAT: WTF MAN?! SO GOOD!

SHAE "DONT NEED TO TRY" MAN: I LEARNED SO MUCH ABOUT TAUNTING!

G-MON: YOU BEAT HENRY?! UPSET!?

Henry: Step your game up!

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
^Too good.

Victor: Thanks for hosting. Much appreciated.

C-stick: Actually I don't think we've ever played before. This might be the first time I've ever met you. Either way good ****. We should play more.

Boose - You're cool as hell, man. Sorry for talking passionately about falcon punch --> knee --> falcon punch combos while you were playing. Japes is hard enough as it is. :p And good **** on top 5 in singles as expected.

SK - I want revenge on your IC's. Good set...we should play some more friendlies on the 31st.

Josh - I promise to MM you again when I'm not playing for Subway change and I care about the money...but no johns. Just you wait.

Mashi - I love your Marth. Good **** again. We should play more.

Malco - We had some good sets. Falco dittos sometime? I need to actually learn that matchup.

Toasty - Glad you showed up. Always a pleasure.

Shaemon - Don't sandbag.

CNU - Why are you so **** awesome?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
good **** everyone. fun stuff.

c-stick: haha you'd rather get drunk than play melee. haha.
schoolie: your jiggs is awesome haha. i hate barrels.
toasty: sucks you didn't join. why?
boose: you too....=[
riku: you too....=[
kp: i didn't see you in singles or played any friendlies haha but good **** in teams.
s-man: good **** in teams. singles was not good for you. sandbagging is awesome.
henry: hahaha good games man. you're lucky you got switched early. =P
xeph: good stuff. haha. sheik in teams is goods.
poehlcat: good marth man. that was fun.
speedyoshi: your fox got a lot better since i last played. best SD on yoshi's ever. haha. same happened to me against schoolie's bowser i ran off with down air instead though haha.
everyone else good stuff mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn. hopefully next week will be better for me. gonna practice up my tech stuff.

if anyone wants to play this week hit me up cause i'm gonna be playing. ^-^

Top Bottom