• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA PRESENTS: We DO exist! MELEE REVIVAL TOURNEY by toasty & Caboose!!! 1/31 LIVE

rhan

Smash Hero
I think it's like a 3 hour drive from G-boro to Norfolk...

STILL BUG HIM TO DEATH ABOUT IT! SHIZ IZ ABOUT TO GET REAL!

BEHR

Smash Hero
I'll try.

Theres like 90% chance we wont go but I will try.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Its a 4 hour drive.....**** it my friend is addicted to Toastys Nachos and I have yet to try them. <33

rhan

Smash Hero
Good **** Cinder! :)

BEHR and Dark Hart, keep us updated on yalls situations. I wanna see you bros again. Well Dark Hart at least. Haven't met BEHR yet. lol :)

This **** is going to be HUGE! GAWD **** I LOVE SOVA! <3

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I need to things for this tourney:
1. Permission =P (you guys know my situation by now)
2. a ride (housing well be easy if I need it, O-No already said he'd do it =P )

Corigames

Smash Hero
Warning: Extra information being typed. To bypass semi-useless information, continue to the conclusion

Ok, so the road to Genesis has begun. I have 6 months to get to my prime so that my journey back west is not for... not. I hoped that I could build a WV scene, but that failed on its face harder than <insert wit>. So, hopefully, I can make it to neighboring state tournaments. I hope this is, the one on the 31st, is available to me. Right now I'm in care of my 12 year old sister with no parent to aid. If I would go to this, I would need her to be in care of someone for, basically, the whole weekend. I would also need to make sure to get the weekend off from work on top of that. Lastly, any expenses would probably put a big dent in my pocket.

But I'm not going to let that keep me down. What would keep me down is a 6.5 hour drive to Norfolk from here. I don't think that I could make the trip there and back in one day AND be able to compete. I also don't really have the cash to spend on a hotel considering the gas I'm going to use on this! >_< So, if it turns out that I can come to this, I'm going to need aid.

Extra information over

If I'm going to come to this, I'm going to need housing from a supportive smash friend. I don't need much, just a place a roof and some warmth. I can, and probably will, bring my own pillow and blanket, just in case I have to sleep in my car from bad weather or something (I'm pessimistic). If anyone could possibly house me for one night, please give me a call at:
(304)881-7256
Call me anytime. If I'm at work, I'll call you back.
You can reach me on AIM
<---
Thanks for any support.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Toastybro is stealing my SC tourney interest with a superior region.

Maylay is a good game.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
that was the most appropriately angry face...shame you can't make it :(

btw, who wants to make emoticons with Xif'splosion faces?

also: Criosphinx --- maybe you should've thought of that before you beat me at C3? LOL kidding kidding =D

I really wasn't thinking of the date, nor did I think a SoVa tourney [not a region known...at all, much less for Melee] would detract attendance from a SC tourney :( My baaaad....

*feels guilty*

But for real, SoVa needs to get back into Melee and so does the rest of the country so I'm doing what I can to make this huuuge =D it'll end up being "pretty big" but seriously there are hardly ever any people who want to enter in Melee tourneys around here [at least in Melee's prime here]...

<3
-SoVa Prince toasty

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Lol I was just joking Toasty.

SoVA > SC smash, truf.

Besides, Judgement is still gonna be beast. The sequels should have more Toasty attendance.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah this sounds pretty good. don't squander sova. 24th is gonna be like..friendlies haha. i can just see it.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i think there was a time on first page. ends at 10pm. i predict like 4pm. let's see what toasty says though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Update... or... something like that.
I called of work for the 31st. Not sure about the day before or after yet, so I'll have to wait and see about those dates.

progress > no progress

rhan

Smash Hero
Poehlcat said:
Toap and Psyrayne are going to take everything.
GOOD **** TOPE'S BEARD! :o

coreygames said:
Update... or... something like that.
I called of work for the 31st. Not sure about the day before or after yet, so I'll have to wait and see about those dates.

progress > no progress
I really wanna see you there bro! I hope everything works out fine for you!

If you get here, I call Samus dittos!

On a side note: This thread brings a smile to my face. ^_^

Corigames

Smash Hero
If you get here, I call Samus dittos!
I don't want to do any pre-tournament johns but I hope I don't have to drive 6 and a hlaf hours and then have to start playing right after. I think something like that would dull a competitive edge.

But yeah, I'll make sure to bring a wad of $5 bills for MMs if I can.

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't want to do any pre-tournament johns but I hope I don't have to drive 6 and a hlaf hours and then have to start playing right after. I think something like that would dull a competitive edge.

But yeah, I'll make sure to bring a wad of $5 bills for MMs if I can.
Lol nah it's cool. I'll wait until you're ready.

I want nothing but the best. Plus Samus dittos get kinda boring after a while. I'll probably switch to Young Link just to mix it up a little.

Again I hope you make it here dood! :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Anyone want a Roy on their team if I end up staying at a house the day before the tournament and, therefore, can show up early for doubles.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure you can show up. there's always people there you can team up with. =P

BEHR

Smash Hero
Wont be able to make this sorry SoVa

I really wanted to come so did my friend but he has to pay a Speeding Ticket in SoVa so not much money and we would have gone if it wasnt on the 31. ;-;

Sorry

Top Bottom