• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
assuming its alphazealot and he hasn't changed, he'll probably play peach pcat

lol man so much excitement with pools. almost regretting not entering (will still be there though). GOOD LUCK MANGZ

edit: schoolie and doug in the same pool? wow...

The_Doug

Smash Ace
****ty. Really am in the same pool as both Schoolie and Zgetto. Want to say somethin to Plank, Schoolie?

edit: LoL C-Stick has Mango =D

2nd edit: Poor, poor Toasty.... what a pool.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
****ty. Really am in the same pool as both Schoolie and Zgetto. Want to say somethin to Plank, Schoolie?
I already told him as soon as pools went up. He said he's going to switch some people around who have similar problems. It'll probably take a bit because he's probably waiting for EVERYONE to address region issues PLUS he has to keep proper seeding...which is a *****.
2nd edit: Poor, poor Toasty.... what a pool.
LOL yeah I know! I got thissss....ugh...Jigglypuff. [**** that Zhu noise, I'm the REAL Asian Invasion!]

uh S-man did you REGISTER? Seriously dude, did you? How can you NOT be sure? Seriously man, sometimes I wonder about you :(

It's sounding like you didn't...because I, too, heard about a mw shaeden...but only because someone else mentioned it. That guy didn't actually post.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Theo registered for me on his credit card or sumthing. under the name list, my name appeared as his email.
Now in pools, it says "Shaeden"

we will see.

toasty

Smash Hero
Pools Fixed!

Pool 9
1. Zgetto
1. Rei
1. The Doug
1. Chaos Marth
1. daniel_the_seraph

Show em who that OG Euro Pro is, son! =D

Pool 18
1. Tope <---pretty much SoVa amirite? :(
1. schoolie dee
1. ThethetheLyme
1. Btree
1. PockyD

......oh...well...uh...sadface, Trey...sorry buddy >_<

aight, well I'm gonna post all of SoVa's pools!

Pool 26
1. Hax
1. SideFX
1. Handorin
1. BatmanSince
1. ForkGirl

[Falcon/ICs/FalcoFox/...forkgirl. Be prepared, Drew! =D]

Pool 36
1. Wife
1. Ben-Teezee
1. KirbyKaze
1. Crystal Nite
1. Everlasting Yahuzz

^^^^[eek...good luck Theo! Could get rough.]

Pool 4
1. SamTheDigital
1. Myztek
1. R00R
1. C-Stick
1. Mango

[...who the **** ARE most of these people?...GOOD LUCK TJ!!!! You got this =D]

Pool 12
1. Smashgod
1. Vex Kasrani
1. Sage
1. Eggm
1. Jird

...oh...oh dear. LuigiSpaceyPeachSpacey

Pool 47
1. Minnty
1. Roman
1. Tantalus
1. Faab
1. Jray
1. MacD

Dunno/NewEngland/Maryland/Europe/Midwest [no help there, really >_<..oh wait: Dunno/Pretty good/Probably not very good/Very Very good/Very Good]

Pool 29
1. juan
1. TecZero
1. Excel_Zero
1. Apollo
1. Aposl

BRING THE ****IN RAIN, SON!

Pool 28
1. Vanz
1. Superrad
1. Wenbo
1. Jwolf
1. Twig

Can't wait to see who you're gonna **** up 2nd Round, Jeff =D

Pool 20
1. Nakamaru
1. Quaz
1. Malco
1. Drephen
1. Hyuga

Needles and Ginger. B-BUTTON ALL DAI Malcolm. [You'll understand when you play your pool XD]

Pool 32
1. Kage The Warrior
1. Poehlcat
1. Juggleguy
1. Alpha
1. DosV

I see 4 people who will be changing their in-game tags to "FMFK" after pools. *Pound*

Pool 49
1. Redshadow
1. Rhan
1. Watty
1. Daigotsu
1. FullMetal
1. KM

Get them rupees, son! [you'll need to buy that chain-mail. >_> SPACE ARMOR!]

Pool 58
1. Richard
1. THE NEWB
1. Thx
1. enzo
1. HBK
1. I.B

You're about to witness some of the sickest Marth dittos ever. I'm jealous.

Pool 63
1. Pc Chris
1. Shaeden
1. White_Mike
1. Artemis
1. Blazing
1. mikemoney

When you **** his **** up and the set is done, make sure you scream "Minnesota Combo!" When he's confused, explain that you gave him the business so hard that the next PC Chris wannabe is gonna feel it that it sent his *** to Minnesota...which is where he's moving...but he doesn't know that you know that. MINDGAMES.

Pool 39
1. SpeedYoshi
1. Xelic
1. LK
1. G$
1. Ko Kingpin

Dang...well...just MoFo Combo Xelic for 8 stocks and try to beat LK's Marth...[dunno bout KO cept that he's a nice guy, but I wouldn't expect TOO much..don't sleep on him, though!]

Pool 31
1. Twin A
1. Zhu
1. Toasty
1. Markob80@yahoo.com
1. Raistlin

Good luck 2nd round, bro. *pound*

GET ****IN HYPED, KIDS!!!

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm totally going all Young Link in my pool. He's gonna be equiped with a arm cannon, a grapple beam, and bombs that zip me across the stage....

Yeah..... that's the Young Link we all wanna screw attack....

CStick

Smash Lord
...who the **** ARE most of these people?...GOOD LUCK TJ!!!! You got this =D
I got a not-so-good-for-Ganon pool in my opinion. Myztek is a Falco player, and he isn't horrible. But he plays spacies and he isn't blazing fast. R00r = CF. He knows how to move-n-groove, but he misses a lot. I don't miss a lot, so hopefully he can't combo for **** and I'll be able to just spam fist all day.

and now for CStick's "pool advice based on jack ****:"

Speed: your pool is pretty ****ing gay. You have two really gimp-loving Marth players and Xelic. Pretty rough. Just remember to fight for your friends.

Schoolie: You got this. Play gayer than ever. I want you to play so gay that you are calling "BORING!" on *yourself* mid-match.

Shaeman: Tough pool. It all comes down to you beating MikeMoney.

Doug: looks like a thorough advance for you.

Theo: Yayuhzzz is really good. I've seen him take out Ether way back when. And Wife loves playing Fox (and he's mad good). See what you can learn the night before against Peach and in Fox dittos.

Jray: Rom = nasty CF. MacD is good from word of mouth. Good luck.

Richard: You got some nasty peeps in your pool (HBK and newb). Good luck.

Rhan: Bad pool for you, man. Fullmetal is pretty beast, and KM is a godsent rapist. Give them some of that Y. Linkitude, though. Either that or start seeing what else you can learn with Samus. At least beat Watty, though. I mean, please... beat him.

Jwolf: I don't forsee you having any problems, but then again I don't know anyone in your pool. Twig is not a bad player, and looks like your only real match that you need to not blink in. It looks like he got seeded, which is...odd. He's not fantastic. His Fox went even with my Ganon when I last played him. But he does live in Arlington, so he most likely got better (but so have you...alot). **** that pool.

Malco: Drephen and Hyuga are your only real obstacles, and that's not giving them enough credit. Hyuga is gonna be a really gay match for you, just a head's up.

P-Cat: Don't know anyone in your pool but Kage. Spam marth's everything and camp as much as possible.

all in all, looks like a couple of people in SoVA got some undeserved pool placements. This means that regardless of what happens, at least make an in-game impression so they'll remember your name and it won't happen again. But I think the real point of this is to have fun more than anything and learn a lot so we can get better as a region/community/SoVA. I dunno about you guys, but I may plan on going to more Melee tourneys this year other than this. So, let's get better. Three solid days of playing with every player worth knowing. There is plenty of time to worry about tourney placings, but the first major tourney for pretty much all of SoVA isn't a good time. Don't let that ruin your fun and your getting better by experience.

definitely smash at my place this saturday, by the way. Gotta get some last minute practice in.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
I'm totally going all Young Link in my pool. He's gonna be equiped with a arm cannon, a grapple beam, and bombs that zip me across the stage....

Yeah..... that's the Young Link we all wanna screw attack....
U get to play against a Samus in your pool. Watty has a decent Samus. Anywayz, beat his ***.

Malco- When u play Drephen, expect ALOT of spotdodging.

C-Stick - find a way to get Mango drunk. lol

Toasty- man eff Zhu up

Speed - At least u don't have a pool full of Peaches again

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Cstick, have you never heard of Vanz? whylin.

I think i played twig at melee revival. Idk.

Ether

Smash Ace
Schoolie... you get to play Tope?

Schoolie...win this.

Schoolie?

...Schoolie?

Win this.

CStick - I never played Yay. We teamed, but managed to not play any singles.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i can say for sure that the only chance theo has is to beat yay cause he's definitely not beating kk or wife. definitely the worst pool ever

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah tbh I thought that Theo's pool was HELLA stacked...though what it really means is that those players of repute and record got seeded and Theo didn't...such is pools at something this ****ing huge

Cstick - good post is good. can't wait to see you =D

Pat - nahhh it's one of the New Mexico Magician Twins...lollll Twin A and Tw1n [pronounced Twin 1] are pretty cool peoples apparently and they just blow everyone's minds with their magic [most card tricks I believe]

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Pool 20
1. Nakamaru
1. Quaz
1. Malco
1. Drephen
1. Hyuga

Needles and Ginger. B-BUTTON ALL DAI Malcolm. [You'll understand when you play your pool XD]
Game&watch/Falcon
Peach
Sheik
Puff

I think I already understand.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
well malco looks like training from me and jred could do you some good

yo and jwolf man prepare vanz is a beast jigs and peach player....two ppl that kinda gimp spacy's easyily...... yo honestly you might want to try marth out bc that would be vanz worst match-up....he is good against fox....and he has a sheik??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ot7O4LzJtg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ijqXQMM38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlXpFSo6Vzc

and does anyone know spawn? i wouldnt mind having a lil superhero mm..? spawn vs. batman?!?!

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah tbh I thought that Theo's pool was HELLA stacked...though what it really means is that those players of repute and record got seeded and Theo didn't...such is pools at something this ****ing huge

Cstick - good post is good. can't wait to see you =D

Pat - nahhh it's one of the New Mexico Magician Twins...lollll Twin A and Tw1n [pronounced Twin 1] are pretty cool peoples apparently and they just blow everyone's minds with their magic [most card tricks I believe]
honestly, although I'm not going (everyone had already take care of housing so it didn't seem worth it to go and room alone)...i think theo's pool is ludicrously difficult.

Honestly, why does he have 2 A rank players while 90% of the pools have only 1, and some have none? everlasting yayuz is pretty good too.

as for easiest pool...probably jwolf's. no excuses you better advance

i also think doug will advance..looks like you were seeded or something

CStick

Smash Lord
CStick - I never played Yay. We teamed, but managed to not play any singles.
*take Ether in friendlies

is that right now? I know you guys played friendlies, because I was right behind you. But, it was friendlies.

JWolf. Vanz is a Shiek player. He isn't bad at all, but you have plenty of Doug practice. I would say Doug is definitely better than him, and since you always have epic matches with Dpug... Just don't play ****ty/squander and you're in good shape. However, I never actually played or seen him in person; only seen him on youtube. He has some new vids up from the past week if you wanna look him up.

Smash at my place starting at 4pm. I'll have the big-*** kerosene heater going again. That thing is too gooooood.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
How many will advance from each pool? I know a lot of names in our pools guys if you want to ask me any questions at C-Stick's smashfest tomorrow.

Zgetto is good, but I refuse to lose to Fox anymore. Starting at this tournament god ****it! Ether and JWolf where you at??

Working on the vids today.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
oh it's top 3. then theo actually has a chance. a lot of you are guaranteed then. doug, no excuses, advance as top seed

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
well also guys i just want to say that pound will be me and jirds last ec event

after pound, right after we will be moving to seattle washington, so i am very excited to see as much of the sova community coming out

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
top 3 each time. someone with sheik vs samus exp should get at me

i have a little exp in the match.

Grab/F-Fair alot. Samus can CC your dash attack. Expect alot of missile's. Needles **** Samus. Punsih her if she misses a grab. And lot's of needles when she's off the stage. And grabs are your friend.

Top Bottom