• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
are you saying you're leaving the venue on Monday and then going back to SoVa Monday night or are you saying that you're staying Monday night at the hotel also?

Just making sure.

=O
Im staying until pound 4 is over completely.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
alright.

also.

everyone.

EVERYONE.

Watch this if you haven't already [and then read the conversation below XD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=238BPPK4xd0

Truegamegenie2 (3:21:48 AM): that "tech skill" vid was weak
curiousenver (3:21:58 AM): LOL
curiousenver (3:22:10 AM): to be honest
curiousenver (3:22:12 AM): I prefer
Truegamegenie2 (3:22:17 AM): next time you disgrace my "notifications" be sure to warn me
curiousenver (3:22:18 AM): a ledgecamping Jiggs
curiousenver (3:22:25 AM): or better yet
curiousenver (3:22:40 AM): a Bowser that relies on Yoshi's Story and Up-B-oos alone
curiousenver (3:22:48 AM): those are my favorite things
Truegamegenie2 (3:22:52 AM): ...
Truegamegenie2 (3:22:59 AM): ...
curiousenver (3:23:11 AM): it's a shame that those don't get as many views as displays of actual skill
curiousenver (3:23:19 AM): some might call such displays "boring"
Truegamegenie2 (3:23:32 AM): ... you're the one guy, who can make me smile uncontrollably, and consumed by rage

LOL

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
alright.

also.

everyone.

EVERYONE.

Watch this if you haven't already [and then read the conversation below XD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=238BPPK4xd0

Truegamegenie2 (3:21:48 AM): that "tech skill" vid was weak
curiousenver (3:21:58 AM): LOL
curiousenver (3:22:10 AM): to be honest
curiousenver (3:22:12 AM): I prefer
Truegamegenie2 (3:22:17 AM): next time you disgrace my "notifications" be sure to warn me
curiousenver (3:22:18 AM): a ledgecamping Jiggs
curiousenver (3:22:25 AM): or better yet
curiousenver (3:22:40 AM): a Bowser that relies on Yoshi's Story and Up-B-oos alone
curiousenver (3:22:48 AM): those are my favorite things
Truegamegenie2 (3:22:52 AM): ...
Truegamegenie2 (3:22:59 AM): ...
curiousenver (3:23:11 AM): it's a shame that those don't get as many views as displays of actual skill
curiousenver (3:23:19 AM): some might call such displays "boring"
Truegamegenie2 (3:23:32 AM): ... you're the one guy, who can make me smile uncontrollably, and consumed by rage

LOL

i enjoyed that tech skill video. **** leik this iz y i enjoy melee.....

BTW, ya'll should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKGeUo_MAt4

rhan

Smash Hero
ask before seeing who's interested rhan. you remember what happened last time.?
doug, can you upload those matches this week?? i really need to review them.
I would like to know who is actually trying to come out before I actually get approval.

Sue me.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
word thanks for the info guys. cocm and i are really just considering sleeping in the car somewhere. im out on tour right now (whoooo nashville public library!!) and i have like no money.

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: Me, kadaj, and famous need to be on your housing list if its not to late. Our original housing plan wont return my emails...

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Kind of a double post since I already posted it in Melee Discussion somewhere. Whatcha guys think? And more importantly any other predictions?

The_Doug's Pound IV Predictions! If I was putting money on it:

*Please note I'm just trying to generate hype and do not mean any disrespect towards the players in my comments.

2/3 Mango:

Probably still is the best smasher on the planet. His spacing, creativity, comboing prowess, ability to adapt, and counter pick different characters make him my pick to win. Even with his most recent tournament loss I very much doubt it will effect his confidence level or mind game him into doubts mid-game.

Evens Armada:

The best smasher on his continent and respective country in Sweden. Shocked the world, or maybe just America, at his fabulous run at Genesis, and has not lost a tournament since. A lot of people consider him to be the absolute best at reacting, adapting, DI, edge guarding, and punishing mistakes. The latest gossip from this author's European sources is that Armada has even entered his own tier at this point. Oh ****!

3-1 Hungrybox:

In my opinion the best player in Florida, and although many will disagree with me, also the best player in the entire eastern side of the U.S. Been on a hot streak lately not losing a tournament in some months. Strengths include ridiculous edge guarding ability, stage control, a solid DI, and of course a master at resting out of nowhere.

4-1 M2K:

Once considered the Darth Vader of smash ala, "Hey man how's your bracket looking?", "Hey uh I've got M2K first round, but I'm gonna get the business done in losers!" Zimmermansin from Cinnaminson, New Jersey. Considered by some to be out of form lately due to reasons among which is another game. Still easily the best Marth around, arguably also has the best Sheik and Fox. Other strengths include having a knack to gimp anyone at anytime, and a brilliant DI.

4-1 Nihonjin, aka Amsah:

In my opinion the best Sheik player in the world. Once also held an undefeated streak of close to two years until being dethroned by Armada. Hailing from the Netherlands his strengths include a strong ability to adapt, superb edge guarding, powerful DI, and good chance of entering Super Saiyen aka "Amsah Mode". If you want to MM a top, top Sheik at a major tournament definitely find this guy!

5-1 Dr. PeePee:

Got to be the breakout player of 2009. Smashing out of North Carolina, Dr. PeePee is widely regarded in the South as being one of the best around. He and his teammate Lozr give new meaning to the phrase, "Stack it up". Trust me you do not want to meet this ruthless Falco in the brackets as the only advice I could possibly give would be, "Uh don't get discouraged when you get comboed zero to death."

7-1 Zgetto:

Another top European smasher, and very solid Fox player. Also relatively new to the scene and unfortunately not known to this author very well but very highly rated.

7-1 Kage:

One of Canada's best. If he's out for blood that day, learn to fear the Ganon, and hopefully your name is not that of a fruit.

7-1 Lucky and 7-1 Zhu:

Two more of the west coast's finest players. Very fast, very aggressive. Prepare to star in your very own combo video if you come up against one of these guys.

There are tons of other great players who aren't on here! But these guys are my picks for Pound.

toasty

Smash Hero
alright I think I'll have an official list by the end of tonight.

a lot of people have been ****ty about which dates/times they're arriving/leaving and I wanna make the most efficient groupings possible to maximize savings and comfort.

D0N - can you tell me exactly when you're planning to arrive and depart [to/from the HOTEL, I mean.]

DJRome

Smash Hero
toasty, if i were you, i'd overbook people and then readjust the fees. my list has changed so often that i just decided to overbook and then sort it out there. cause if you don't overbook and 1 person flakes, that's $60 u have to come up with out of your pocket :/

rhan

Smash Hero
My school blocked SWF. So now I'll be on SRK more often.

Smashfest ain't happening at my place. Got court related **** to do.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
They blocked youtube at my school before I left for college, but not any anime steaming places, so I just watched anime during my comp classes, and sometime physics, and somtimes calculus.

You know what, I dont think I learned too much in school my senior year.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Kind of a double post since I already posted it in Melee Discussion somewhere. Whatcha guys think? And more importantly any other predictions?

The_Doug's Pound IV Predictions! If I was putting money on it:

*Please note I'm just trying to generate hype and do not mean any disrespect towards the players in my comments.

2/3 Mango:

Probably still is the best smasher on the planet. His spacing, creativity, comboing prowess, ability to adapt, yada yada yada.......
There are tons of other great players who aren't on here! But these guys are my picks for Pound.
yeah dude completely agreed, i actually can genuinely agree with all of these players, but add zhu ******. when he's on fire, he's better than peepee. but it is kind of rare.

also, how long do you plan on us staying at pound?? i gota be back by monday evening?? u know... school

My school blocked SWF. So now I'll be on SRK more often.

Smashfest ain't happening at my place. Got court related **** to do.
**** it i was moving around plans too :/

That's normally wut happens when someone goes on a site too much.
who the hell gets on smashboards in gloucester?? rather, SoVa??

They blocked youtube at my school before I left for college, but not any anime steaming places, so I just watched anime during my comp classes, and sometime physics, and somtimes calculus.

You know what, I dont think I learned too much in school my senior year.
LOL!!!!

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm the only kid in the school that gets on SWF. And it's been that way since the begining of last school year.

Shaden: I might be able to chill Saturday though. Lemme know wuz guuuuud.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
he's not the only one that's had that happen 2 him. from wut i've heard, that s**t's been happening to people for about 3 years now. they'll be the only person in their school that goes on SWF, and next thing u know, the school blocks the site.

D0N

Smash Ace
alright I think I'll have an official list by the end of tonight.

a lot of people have been ****ty about which dates/times they're arriving/leaving and I wanna make the most efficient groupings possible to maximize savings and comfort.

D0N - can you tell me exactly when you're planning to arrive and depart [to/from the HOTEL, I mean.]
We should be arriving at the hotel the 16th, most likely late. We will probobly go straight to pound and watch melee/do brawl crew and check in around 7-10pm. We will leave the 18th after everything ends. I plan to check out early that morning to save $$$ and leave from the venue.

How strict do you need these time to be? Like if I arrive early the 16th (2pm) will it matter?

toasty

Smash Hero
times don't need to be strict, I just want rough estimates to help me organize things better so I know when I need to be available and when I can go eat, get immersed in hours of friendlies, etc etc

I've got 3 rooms reserved and a BUNCH of people I'm trying to make sure are situated properly.

Time consuming?

Ugh.

Worth it?

Absolutely =D

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Who's gonna win pound 4? hmm to be honest, idc.

The real question is, who will be the farthest falcon? Hax, Scar, or Spectre?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Darkrain is the safest bet. He lived in the middle of nowhere for years and still won regional + placed top ten in nationals.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Shaeman111 - Currently planning to leave on Sunday night. Might be talked into staying Monday but heard it'll mostly be brawl. As far as it goes picking you up, I can get ya from school or some designated spot around 3pm yea. Need an address; preferably close to the I-64 and cellphone #.

I see both Scar and Hax placing better than Darkrain. Too many top players have him in their pockets.

rhan

Smash Hero
Doug: I'll most likely gonna be picked up with Shaden. His huose/school is generally close to the interstate.

toasty

Smash Hero
Rhan, are you staying with DJ Rome?

also:

I TALKED SCHOOLIE DEE AND JUAN INTO GOING TO POUND!!! YAYYY =D

Now.

Here's the problem.

They seem to need this thing called housing .

><

Waiting on arrival/departure dates/times from Schoolie.

Pat/Kevin - are you guys riding up with them and/or staying wherever they are staying?

I thought Pat hadn't hit me up for housing but I scanned back and saw that he did...

Let me know what the deal is ASAP plz.

Just text me, thanks =D!

toasty

Smash Hero
IT'S SOVA BABY! @ The Hotel!

January 15/16/17/18th [Friday-Monday Night]
toasty
+3 non-SoVa

Total: 4

January 15/16/17th [Friday/Saturday/Sunday Night]
Malco
Batman
Jird
Jray
Richard
Oro?
Jwolf
Jwolf+1? [is this The Last Sheikah or whatever the **** his name is?]
Famous Mother ****ing Kevin
SpeedYoshi
D0N
Famous
Kadaj
+ 2 non-SoVa

Total: 15

January 16/17th [Saturday/Sunday Night]
4 non-SoVa

Total: 4

Grand Total for 3 rooms: 23 people [LOL the exact number I had staying in my 3 rooms for ROM2, this will be FINE, TRUST ME!]

Am I missing anyone?

EDIT:
You guys are in for a treat once you find out who those non-SoVa people are...got some fuggin All-Stars hangin witcho boi!

KF & Friends...MAJOR IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT...HIGHLY INCONVENIENT.
EDIT#2:
there are 8 of you. I'm putting all of you into one room.

Friday Night: you're staying at the Courtyard Marriott.

Right next door is the Fairfield Inn and Suites, which is where the rest of us will be staying [don't worry, there are TONS of people staying at the Courtyard, too. All..I mean ALL the rooms reserved for Pound in both hotels were completely sold out].

Now here's the inconvenient part:

Saturday Morning: You're going to have to pack EVERYTHING up and then come over to the Fairfield BEFORE going to the tournament!!! I have to sweet-talk the Fairfield into letting me check-in that third room early [usually you can't before 3PM but I've done this before and I'm sure I can do it again with the right charm ;)] and that way you have somewhere to put your stuff before going to the tourney AND you get to have the continental breakfast [if you do this early enough, that is XD!]

I'll update you guys once I know the situation (Read: I'm gonna have to sweet-talk my *** off haha and then I'll get back to you)

You will be staying there for Saturday and Sunday night.

Okay.

So, this is ALL assuming I can rearrange **** so that my second Monday Night reservation can be switched to a second Friday Night reservation.

Room 1: 8 People

Malco
Batman
Jird
Jray
Richard
Oro?
Jwolf
Jwolf+1? [is this The Last Sheikah or whatever the **** his name is?]

Room 2: 8 People
SpeedYoshi
FMFK aka Poehlcat
D0N
Kadaj
Famous
Dull_Razer
JCaesar
jjvirus

ROOM 3 IS TOASTY TOAST'S VIP CELEB ROOM N*GGAAAAA

Room 3: 7 People
toasty
+ 6 non-SoVa

DON'T FORGET!!! You NEED...absolutely NEED to EACH bring the following to the hotel!!!!!
- TOWEL...seriously guys, you NEED your own towel.
- PILLOW
- BLANKET

and last but not least

- MY MONAAAYYYY [you don't wanna get PBNJed now, do you? XD]

Okay...so how much is it?

After doing a variety of calculations, I'm still losing a bit of money, but I think this is the fairest price I can give everyone.

$45 for all three nights total.*** This price is tentative! It may or may not increase. I'll get back to you on that one.

If anyone wants to donate an extra dollar or two to help me cover my loss, then that'd be greatly appreciated, but it's not mandatory. I understand money's tight so if you can't even get $45 to me, LET ME KNOW ASAP [via PM ONLY] and we'll talk about it.

toasty

Smash Hero
Toasty my group needs housing friday night too.
...what? Why? I thought you said you were coming in on the 16th??

Well...hold that thought.
Toasty is there anyway I can reserve for one more person? =/
EFF I forgot to even add YOU, Jeff...and you guys need to add one MORE person???

>_<! efffffff...I'm not even done updating that post yet and this kinda throws **** outta whack....back in a bit...I might have an idea.

I got some work to do on this tonight, but I looked over my reservation and I think I can move some **** around and make this work.

I had 2 rooms booked for Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon night [4 nights] because my original groupings said that would what was needed. [also have ONE room booked for Sat/Sun nights only]

Then a good bunch of those people flaked and got with their own regions after their friends decided to register when they didn't originally plan on it [Axe, for instance, was gonna be staying with me but then turns out Taj and other Arizona people decided to go so he's staying with them].

Now it turns out that I don't even need a second room for the 4th night [Monday night].

So.

What I will probably be able to do is to have them move that Monday night reservation to a Friday night reservation.

This way, I'll have one room booked for 4 nights and two rooms booked for 3 nights.

I think that will make things a BIT easier...relatively speaking [more info later].

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm so hyped for Pound!

Toasty: Did I tell you I was teaming with TRC yet? Well yeah... no reason for my refund on Doubles. I'll have your 52.50. :)

Top Bottom