• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Hopefully it's just the battery.

I talked to KP over aim. I think he's trying to get a ride in my car? Either way the main thing that needed to be discussed is that are you still going??? And what are we doing????

My plan was everyone comes to my dad's house friday night, spend the night, then leave 6-7 am the next morning. It's still an option. But I'm not leaving to my dad's until like 8-9pm Friday night because Robert has a football meeting to go to.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hopefully it's just the battery.

I talked to KP over aim. I think he's trying to get a ride in my car? Either way the main thing that needed to be discussed is that are you still going??? And what are we doing????

My plan was everyone comes to my dad's house friday night, spend the night, then leave 6-7 am the next morning. It's still an option. But I'm not leaving to my dad's until like 8-9pm Friday night because Robert has a football meeting to go to.
Aww...Lil' Rob plays football?

I am going, just my mom needs logistical info. and likely your dad's contact info.

KP: Where are u at? How can we all fit in Rhan's car?

rhan

Smash Hero
Aww...Lil' Rob plays football?
And he's a monster!

I am going, just my mom needs logistical info. and likely your dad's contact info.
I need to talk to you about things first. call me asap 757-268-4585.

I'll send my dad's number in a PM.

Edit: **** my starter...................................... It's okay though..... I may be able to take my grandma's car.... with AC...... and a full trunk..........

**** MY LIFE!

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
some people can ride with his dad..it's pointless to take 3 cars with the # of people we have. Either rhan and his dad should drive, or his dad and I should drive.

Stars needs a top 5 finisher. Don't disappoint.

rhan

Smash Hero
I have to drive due to circumstances with my brother and others.

My dad can only hold like one other person in his car. For some reason he's bringing along my step brother, and 2-3 step cousins. We're gonna be lookin' like baybayz kids going to HERB.

Btw they all range of the age 12-14. G-Mon's possibly going to ride with them. Maybe. In my car. You know what??? **** the rules! I'll take you, Theo, and Shaden in my car. I'm going to have 3 TV's in that ***** and we're ridin' all the way up there like we stole some ****.

Also I'm driving my Grandma's car there. My starters is ****ed. I'm greatly irritated right now....

Edit: So KP you wanna drive us (Shaden, Theo, Myself, Travon) down? I'll have gas money.... Travon can switch over to my dad's. Or I can. Either way. Things will work out....

Ignore me. Everything is straight with HERB. :)

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Let me throw my hat (or car) in the ring for HERB2. I've decided to go.

Who needs a ride? Who is 100% driving right now? I live in Norfolk near the downtown tunnel.

It looks like a 5 hour drive there. Is it best to leave on Friday and share a Holiday Inn room for the $50 for a night? Bringing a setup to the motel means lots of smash practice that Friday night also.

Or is it best to just leave before dawn on Saturday morning for a full day trip. Someone want to IM me so I could get more details and crank this out.

aim: generalchaos6969
msn: crimson69@earthlink.net

rhan

Smash Hero
It looks like a 5 hour drive there. Is it best to leave on Friday and share a Holiday Inn room for the $50 for a night? Bringing a setup to the motel means lots of smash practice that Friday night also.

Or is it best to just leave before dawn on Saturday morning for a full day trip. Someone want to IM me so I could get more details and crank this out.
Did you seriously find a Holiday Inn that cheap??? Or was this just an exaggeration...

Here's the HERB thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230210

Indeed.

Anybody need a ride? Also anybody want to smash tomorrow or need to get some practice in my place is open from about 4pm onwards.
If I could come I would. I gotta take my car to the shop to see what's wrong with it though. It starts on a jump but won't run on it's own so the problem is most likely the battery. So there goes a ray of hope of my car being trip worthy to HERB.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
well i don't wanna call that number and some random person answers lol. Just tell him to call me or if you see this kadaj call me.
434-4298

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Best of luck with your car then Ron. I did some searching all on google and found motel rooms around the area ranging from $54.99 to $69.99; the venue is probably still the best bet at $59.99 provided they still have rooms left come Friday especially since it'll be possible to hook up with other smashers while there and get some practice in.

Hmmmmm... To stay Friday night or not to stay Friday night. That is the question.

Again anyone that wants to smash practice at my place tomorrow give me a ring: 757 639 1563

rhan

Smash Hero
I hear that the hotel stopped the discount on the rooms for the party HERB. Someone said they called in... screw it I'll just quote the posts and put them here....

This one: Today 10:14 PM

FUUUUUUUUUU- i called the manager today and he said the cutoff date for the special room price was yesterday. I called yesterday, and the receptionist told me there was no such group called HERB or any tourney at this hotel, causing me to miss my reservation for the special price. So I just got butt****ed out of 20 bucks. FUUUUUUUU-
And this one: Today 03:10 PM

they r out of HERB room, so i couldnt get that discount but they gave me $10 off regular price, which is only $10 more than HERB room price.
So yeah.... I'm definitely looking for a cheaper place to stay. The TO Vilt is going to call the hotel tomorrow about this. So I've heard....

Also thanks bro for the support. I'm still going to make it to HERB. It's just nice to travel in your own car, you know?

The_Doug

Smash Ace
It's just nice to travel in your own car, you know?
No doubt.

Looking more and more like a schlep is going to happen. I also posted in the HERB thread seeing if anyone is sharing rooms. I'd be down to share $69.99 or whatever the standard rate is though.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Im thinking about taking your offer Doug!
Wouldnt want you to drive alone! ;]
And im down for that practice too!

btw do you get text?

edit: I did some math and at first I wasnt able to go but I can afford to go again. The Doug when were you planning on leaving on friday? I have work in the morning. So if it doesnt fit your schedule I will just have to drive myself.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Hey Malco. Yeah I get texts. Come on over if you like!

Address is 808 Grayson Street, Norfolk, VA 23523. Can probably stay till pretty late maybe till 11.

And anyone else wants to smash today give me a call or text - 757 639 1563. I live near downtown Norfolk in the Berkley area.

edit: Ether are we teaming? I got a couple offers and need to reply back.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I wish I could come doug by real life is whooping my ***. Trying to get everything done for my trip to herb. I may text later tonight.

rhan

Smash Hero
Hey Malco. Yeah I get texts. Come on over if you like!

Address is 808 Grayson Street, Norfolk, VA 23523. Can probably stay till pretty late maybe till 11.

And anyone else wants to smash today give me a call or text - 757 639 1563. I live near downtown Norfolk in the Berkley area.

edit: Ether are we teaming? I got a couple offers and need to reply back.
Whoa! Ether decided to change his mind about HERB?? And I got a replacement battery for my car. It runs!!! I'm happy but I don't want to take it anywhere but just my dad's. I don't want it to screw up again and leave me stranded.... But at least it does relieve a little stress. :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Sorry but we're full. In both cars.

Hey guys................. SoVA's got this **** down pat!

dobee

Smash Apprentice
OMG SO MUCH SOVA <3<3<3

I'll see you guys tomorrow early-evening! STALL SINGLES FOR ME YO, CAUSE A RIOT AND ****!
got you yo. what kinda riot? Like n!gg@ throws a chair and people start fighting even though it didn't hit anyone?

or like, international soccer game with 2 rivals and the fans throw n!gg@s down steps riot?

rhan

Smash Hero
got you yo. what kinda riot? Like n!gg@ throws a chair and people start fighting even though it didn't hit anyone?

or like, international soccer game with 2 rivals and the fans throw n!gg@s down steps riot?
"Oh my gawd a chair!"

"I'M MAD!!"

We're leaving in the next 30 minutes. HYPED!

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea man, you miss everything. I was looking forward to seeing how you guys would place.

You couldnt call toasty or someone to come pick you guys up and take you the rest of the way?

Edit: I know the car thing is bad, but I just realized that the tow bill probly is gonna be hell too... Dobee Does this mean you have no transportation at all right now?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Car johns suck. *has missed like over 15 pages of this thread due to forgetfulness* Zomg in the 1000s *like any1 cares*. Hey H4x When will your next tourny in Va beach be? If it's soon im definitely in. Also GG in pokemon Freakin Ice shards man, how the **** should i know dophan could lrn that ****?

Also Vaporeon <333333333 it won me a tourny! I outstalled a starmie who had thunder (when vap was paralized) and Took out Infernape. I would've lost if My vap didn't have wish and protect.

Edit: I realized dophan could breed with mamoswine..... like 4 days ago.... fml

Top Bottom