• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
OH ****. That hotel room again? Rofl, I don't remember when or where I slept that night. I was already planning on attending the may C3, so awesome. I have every intention of being involved in any and all hotel room shenanigans. ^_^

@ speedyoshi: Aw, you won't be in SoVa over the summer? Now I feel terrible for missing the last tourney. : /

dobee

Smash Apprentice
OUT OF STATE!? OH ****! Lol but yeah, there is a good chance that I will be working on a weekday but if the date is set a good time in advance then i can try to (and usually) get the day off. But yeah, defintely all day son. And i'm defintely down for $20 brawl and buffet.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
**** yeah Dobee, I need to play you more and not suicide in tournament >_> esp at 3 damage...****ing G&W failed ledgehop dair LOL

that's the main reason I need to get support for this as soon as possible....if you see these posts and think "yeah that'd be cool...but I'll have to see my availability before I can commit and say it's a good idea", you should tell me that you're interested NOW. That way I can give everyone advanced enough notice and this **** can be bangin!

Okay, so 5 people [boards/non-boards people]

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol. i can play both. so i'm set. more monies for mashi. =]
i'm not complaining about brawl i just of course prefer melee. so to make me happy i pick top tier. =]

toasty

Smash Hero
so what's going down this weekend? Who wants to play Melee? I'll play either one...hell I'd love to just go back and forth with both so I can be prepared for Melee and Brawl events that happen on the same day :) CNU? Va Beach? GC/DC? Actually scratch that, I need to play with people outside of GC/DC, and I've played CNU more frequently than most [though I do love playing them], I'd love to play against Hampton or Va Beach. F*** what am I thinking: Cstick, you down to play any this weekend? I'll bring Caboose or Zion or something to play some Melee :) If not, then I'll be whoring myself out to play any of the other people I mentioned [and if somehow I didn't mention you, say something and I'll be like "oh man, Doug, I'm a huge a.sshole, of course I'll play!"]

Ether, tell Lisa good luck with graduating [what..like...in two weeks?]

SEED

Smash Rookie
I had to reply after noticing Toasty is a YTMND fan. Good s***! I'll try and make C3 with you Toasty. It was fun playing with everyone at BelGusto's.

-Glyph

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm playing 3rd strike now. cabinet ftw. so i'm going to learn it now. =]
random yes, but i don't care. =P

Ether

Smash Ace
A couple of things.

I read one of Toasty's posts. I saw "smash," "buffet," and "$20" in the same post. This has attracted my attention.

Secondly, it's about time for me to come out of hibernation. In particular, CStick, I want to play you in Melee and teach you just about everything I know, especially anti-Sheik. I'll do the same thing with O-NO. I really just want to play you two guys a lot.

Since I don't have Brawl or even a Wii, I might as well keep playing this fantastic game Melee. Besides, I was pretty good at it, and after Pound 3, I feel like I was hitting a new level, and I'll bet Cyrain feels the same.

One more thing. In NC, there was a Texas Hold 'em tourney. I didn't participate cuz I was too scurrred and Tope was in there, too, so I was even more scurrrred of the mindgames, but hey, who wants to play some poker sometime? We can have a poker tourney sometime, even for free, I don't care. Also, someone should make those giant pancakes they served at the NC tourney. I never had one ;_;

Toasty, I plan on taking a vacation the week of May 12. It may end up being later, but either way, I plan on just chillin with few video games, actually, to let my eyes rest. All I do at work is stare at a computer, and then I come home and play AMAZING games like FFX-2...gawd that game is amazing.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
. All I do at work is stare at a computer, and then I come home and play AMAZING games like FFX-2...gawd that game is amazing.

Lies Ether. We tried to tell u that game is bad, lol. I want to play against you as well in Melee.
Go and enjoy your game while I play through Xenosaga Ep. 3 again.

Ether

Smash Ace
You like Xenosaga Ep. 3? That's my favorite game!!!! It used to be Xenogears, the original, but I don't know, it's pretty outdated, I suppose. But that's really cool that you like Xenosaga 3.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
You like Xenosaga Ep. 3? That's my favorite game!!!! It used to be Xenogears, the original, but I don't know, it's pretty outdated, I suppose. But that's really cool that you like Xenosaga 3.
it's been over a year since i played it. i think i may spend some time and go back some of my old RPG games.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Texas Hold'em.....

BOTH of my roomates play poker. there not too good at smash, but poker...idk man.

Ether im down to play you good sir.

Tope, i miss you guys. Id love to come down, but i have a tourney to go to on saturday night. i have a 50$ chun li ditto ft5 in 3rd strike so i cant back out either. it should be getting recorded so you guys can see it up on you tube also.

3rd strike all day.

power stone 2 Teams money matches, ANYONE.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Toasty, you know I'm going to get my money.

Riku, 5 dollars?

I can probably handle that.

As for Brawl, it's not technical yet. Melee wasn't that technical until people started learning how to heavily abuse the physics, then it became incredibly technical.

It'll take a while for Brawl, but tech skill will eventually be a part of it.

The people who shun it now will be scrubs later, because some of us are dedicated to getting good at, and breaking Brawl. When we discover and learn new techniques, then the flood of melee players will jump over to Brawl, but they will be light years behind.

Just wait for it.

toasty

Smash Hero
So yeah. I guess I'll try for Richmond this weekend ^_^
If I were to come over saturday, how early can I come over? Because I will probably have to leave Richmond around like...9? who knows...

I'm hoping for a DBZ Hyperbolic Time Chamber effect, here...so don't disappoint. To further my dorkiness and my point at the same time...I'm Gohan, and you're Piccolo...throw me at a godd.amn mountain.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Toasty I see some money heading my way pretty soon too, I hope you got use to melee again.

I hope something happens this saturday at CNU or Va beach I'll be going that's a Definite.

Roy vs Roy.

Best 3 out of 5 hmmmm $5 or you want $7????

After that some friendlies will be fine

Marth vs Roy?
Fox vs Ness?

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice

Riku, 5 dollars?

As for Brawl, it's not technical yet. Melee wasn't that technical until people started learning how to heavily abuse the physics, then it became incredibly technical.

The people who shun it now will be scrubs later, because some of us are dedicated to getting good at, and breaking Brawl. When we discover and learn new techniques, then the flood of melee players will jump over to Brawl, but they will be light years behind.

Just wait for it.

U gonna have to work 4 that 5 dollars. And it ain't gonna be easy either.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
So yeah. I guess I'll try for Richmond this weekend ^_^
If I were to come over saturday, how early can I come over? Because I will probably have to leave Richmond around like...9? who knows...

I'm hoping for a DBZ Hyperbolic Time Chamber effect, here...so don't disappoint. To further my dorkiness and my point at the same time...I'm Gohan, and you're Piccolo...throw me at a godd.amn mountain.
My falco could use hyperbolic training too. I have a portfolio for my poetry/fiction class due tuesday, but I'm totally down for playing smash all saturday long if the opportunity arises. Brawl is ok too. I'd prefer melee all day, but I wouldn't mind improving my snake some too. In any case, I'll try my hardest. *pulls beamsword*

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah chances are I'll be going to Richmond saturday. I'll check with the folks tomorrow to see if they need me to stay home this weekend before I just disappear...

sorry PTZR, you're better off fighting Ether.

As for Melee, when I got back into it last week, I only play Fox and Marth. I gave up all of my low tiers...but almost 100% because I use ALL of them in Brawl [well, the ones that are still in it] and I don't use Fox or Marth in Brawl. That way I can get good at both games without getting too confused when I switch between the two. The transition of basic movement tech stuff only takes a few matches for me. So long as I don't jump cancel grabs in Brawl and do multiple airdodges in Melee, I should be fine.

The only char I've messed with other than Fox/Marth in Melee was Doc and that was only for like 5 matches. I DID, however, promise you a Roy ditto MM...albeit eons ago. My Roy is more than likely absolute horse **** now. I'll still play it though :) I just don't know when >_>

Also, I'm going to keep bringing this up until everyone gives me feedback:
an all-day weekday tournament? Melee and Brawl? I need to know how people feel about this before I try to set it up again.

whodat mentioned that he DOESN'T want it on a weekday as he will be unable to make it out due to work.
I myself will have to take off of work just to host this. If anyone else feels like they will have to undergo extreme inconvenience for this tourney to happen, PLEASE say so.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion

Riku, 5 dollars?

Just wait for it.
my philosophy from the start

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Tdome is open this sat for anyone who wants to smash.

P.S.- Heard the best thing ever on GTA: "Whenever I'm around hot girl at a party I purposely spill something on my pants and then rub one out right in front of her! She just thinks I'm trying to get a stain out!"
XD

CStick

Smash Lord
Brawl's movement is too restrictive as it is to really allow anything groundbreaking. Your best bet is to find out that there are characters in the game that can combowell and...oh wait, thats right, Brawl doesnt know what comboing is :p. Seriously, you guys should at least keep your melee game up. It would be sad if you guys wanted to go back to melee, but found out that you lost alot of your good habits because you spent eight months playing Brawl without anything to show for it.

hope SSBB players find something soon, but for now, I'll just consider all 'Brawl players' as 'Melee players that are taking a break'

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Toasty plz dont give up on your low tiers. I care because My plan from the beggining was to become really good at Melee and take down all of the SS. I have the list in my wallet. I want to hunt them all down and play them in a set and leave. Ive tried to become friends with most of them. I will acomplish this goal, But I want to play your Ness/Pika because thats the smasher I remember when I was a scrub.

toasty

Smash Hero
I really want to play Pikachu and Ness again, but really when I switch back to Brawl with Pika/Ness, it's so utterly confusing and horrible. I can separate the two games' physics and such...but not the characters :(

besides, I'm tired of wasting what little time and talent I have on relatively dead-end characters when I could be an infinitely better player just by playing better, not necessarily easier, characters. It's not that they're easier, they just have more to offer. hmm...the only character I'd consider using in both Melee and Brawl is Pikachu. The only things that've really changed [aside from the effect of a move or two] are approaching...and you can combo with Pika in Melee ^_^ I do miss those...

Top Bottom