• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Ether

Smash Ace
Good stuff, guys.

Sorry I couldn't make it to anything this weekend. Schoolie, your sig made me laugh out loud. Thanks for thinking of me, I guess.

I plan on taking a week long paid vacation soon, so I'll chill with you guys soon.

Later

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
THUNDERDOME went pretty well.

T-DOME TOURNEY VIDS ARE UP HERE

I only have one major complaint. From here on out, if you step foot in my appt you MUST pay venue and you have to at least enter 2 events. In other words plan on bringing moolah because I'm enforcing the SoVA ***** rule. I find it really sad I had about 30-40+ people here and only 16 entered our teams tourney, no one was up for announced Crews and not even the coveted melee. I understand a lot came to just watch the finale of the Gusto's, but for the people who took my drinks, played, and stayed after the Gusto's tourney was over without paying a dime (minus O-No cus he's smexy and smells nice): Please man up and help out the competitive smash scene in SoVA.

Anyway, now that I'm done with venting on to the shoutouts.

Winner of Toasty's Tourney was Caboose. He ans Mashi had one of THE best Brawl sets I've seen. Good **** guys.

Toasty: Awesome. Always a pleasure to play you and your tourney was ****in sweet.

O-No: Thanks for coming, having you here while tourneys are happening is the perfect soundtrack for my videos haha

Koorii: Thanks for the ride up to Gusto's, your wii, and TV, and its always a blast playing with/against you

Kahlil: good **** Ganon is a monster. oh and: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UEe82VUZYjk

Zion: Good to see you again. Chris is right you did improve ALOT in the small amount of time you were playing.

Wiggles: You owe me 20$

Mashi: You are really skilled. When you mentioned using Fox early in the tourney I thought you were kidding but as my Link (dont ask >_>) discovered it was pretty much more than just a woodland creature... Apologies to not feeling well, hope youre better soon.

Grim: Sorry you weren't feeling well either. Thanks for the help with brackets and good ****ing games man.

Rahil & Ivar: Great playing with you guys. Just stop farting in the fan.

Isiah & Marlon: Great work in teams. Hope you enjoyed the first Tdome rapefest.

Serpent & Evan: Good ****. Thanks for coming I don't think I got to play with you guys though =(

CNU guys: Glad you guys could come, wish we coulda got a crew battle in again.

KP: You are pretty cool. I had some great matches with you and I hope we play again in the future.

Riku and Konoha's Finest: I wish you guys would have entered some events. Thanks for coming though.

who am I forgetting....OH ****! BOOSE GREAT **** MAN! I thought I said "Less Wario Pedophilia" though...

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha shout out laters. but umm i went home today i found TWO WII SENSOR BARS. one of which is not mine. SO IF SOMEONE IS MISSING ONE FROM O-NO'S TOURNEY TODAY please tell me and i'll return next time. thanks. haha. i hope it's someone really good so they can't have brawl practice. =P. j/k. but yeah hit me up.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
THAT IS MINE MASHI! GODDAMMIT DID YOU NOT HEAR ME SAY "DOES ANYONE HAVE ANOTHER SENSOR BAR?"!?!?!?!
just playing but I am missing one.

haha but as for your plan of gimping brawl practice...the classic controller voids the need for sensor bar =)

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Wiggles. I accept your $MM, but it will be in Melee since u already owe me a $MM in Melee.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Wiggles. I accept your $MM, but it will be in Melee since u already owe me a $MM in Melee.
Only if we get three warm up sets first.

I don't play Melee anymore, so it would be gay to jump in without any recent practice.

Not $MMing without a bit of practice, I'd be a total scrub.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice

I don't play Melee anymore, so it would be gay to jump in without any recent practice.

that's cool. i haven't played melee in about 2 months, so i'm jus getting back in the flow of things.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;

No Johns, son. Of course, given my recent track record with jumping into a $MM without any Melee warmup, you would lose if you didn't warm up in Melee first >_> Take his money, Wiggles.

EDIT!

Full results up (including pools and win/loss record. I squandered sooooo hard in pools and got very very lucky that I still made it out)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Playing in that Melee tourney last night mad me miss TR.

I won the Finals set against C-stick, Riku. you can post the full results now.
we split the pot anyhow.

i had a nightmare lastnight. i was playing Brawl at someones house and i kept loosing to scrubs. A **** GIANT frog kept jumping out of the back ground of FD like the metal gears and killing me.

~.~; i hate brawl.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
I like boys and hairy nips
Slash, you make me so mad.

:p

But it's true.

Edit: O-No, you're going to lose to scrubs all day, because you don't play enough.

Hell, I've probably got ten times your play time at this point, and you still beat me.

I still blame it on Jiu Jitsu Puff mindgames.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
good job caboose but i heard mashi threw up so he wasnt near 100% me and him will take that **** next time WOOHOO
Actually you will rue the day you even think about crossing the GC/DC! lolz...sorry haven't announced it on this thread...

THE GARY COLEMAN DROPKICK COALITION
Featuring Greats such as...
CABOOSE (THE SAME AS THE GUSTO'S CHAMP)
SLASHTALON
KOORII a.k.a. IT'S GANON
7 a.k.a. GUM
TOASTY
GRIM, BILLY (WHATEVER YOU KNOW HIM AS)

NDN IS KICKED OFF FOR SUPPORTING THE INSURGENTS!

thread coming soon...

CStick

Smash Lord
shoutsies:

TJ - answer the call...lol

Russ - I still think you were sandbagging >.>

Mashi - se what brawl does to you?

Malco - you got mad better

Serpent - also got mad better. just keep overshooting aerials

O-NO - down to the very last hit of the very last match of the very last set...again! :( I think that makes for three times in a row of epic destiny bouts that came down to that. Hopefully we can get more melee in

people who prefer brawl over melee - phail

ether - you still post, yet...no one has seen you in like...months... wutdafux

cya guys next time (hopefully soon)

toasty

Smash Hero
I plan on taking a week long paid vacation soon, so I'll chill with you guys soon.
it wouldn't happen to be around May 24th would it? ^_^
NoVa + Hotel Party + C3 + who knows what else = GC/DCawesome.

oh and just for people who don't know the members of GC/DC...we're all pretty much hilarious and full of nonsense, so don't take any of us so seriously when we promote GC/DC in all its natural infinite splendor; just like Schoolie's amazing ability to put [even disguise] "CNU is ****" into the majority of his posts :laugh:

Koorii

Smash Cadet
people who prefer brawl over melee - phail

people who prefer melee over brawl=fail at brawl, so it is ok to wallow in your own grief knowing that brawl is the wave of the future and you don't have that much time left for rapsies before you get *****...lolz...

j/k!

oh and the GC/DC is very serious, we are the premier SoVa BRAWL crew...that's right BRAWL, don't challenge us to melee, we won't accept, unless you challenge members of our crew to singles...in which case some might accept...

Like BRAWL, we are the wave of the future, so while you pitiful beings "wallow in your own grief" and continue to play gaylee, we will be becoming epic in brawl, preparing for the future...and when that future does come, and it is time for YOUR transition to brawl, you will see the GC/DC...and we will be ready to punish your every move...and you will be nothing but scrubs in our eyes...and you will beg for death before the end...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolz...we are hilarious and non-sensical though, that is truth...but we are still serious!

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
people who prefer melee over brawl=fail at brawl, so it is ok to wallow in your own grief knowing that brawl is the wave of the future and you don't have that much time left for rapsies before you get *****...lolz...
coming from someone who didn't make it out of an easy pool? OH LAWD

toasty

Smash Hero
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

haha good shlt Speed ^_^ Sorry Koorii, but that one line just ***** your Boondock Saints-esque admonishment.

But yeah, Speed, don't take anything Koorii says seriously..ever. Either that or Koorii's just dumb for saying stupid **** about Melee (<3 Melee over Brawl 4lyfe)

CSTICK! We need to play MELEE, and I need to make you [and Serpent/Slash] some nachos.
Caboose, ndn, and I played Melee for 9 hours straight when everyone slept after the T-dome was done. Somehow, the three of us are embued with auto-pilot abilities around 2 or 3 AM that turn us into technical and mindgame monsters.

EDIT:

For the next Gusto's tournament, would people want the same thing, like on a saturday and we have to be done by 5 or 6? Or would people be interested in an all day tournament when school is done and it's on a tuesday or wednesday? Whichever one gets more votes, that's what I'm going to run with.

Also, to the people who went to the venue: what did you guys think of the setup??? Need some feedback to see if it's worth arranging again [and thanks to those who've already given some]

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Melee will always be better than Brawl. To me Brawl is an inferior game 4 those that lack the technical ability to play Melee, and are in denial of it.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Melee will always be better than Brawl. To me Brawl is an inferior game 4 those that lack the technical ability to play Melee, and are in denial of it.
teh fux?! This coming from someone who is garbage at melee and PLAYS Brawl? mindgames.

Hows about Brawl ***** cuz that **** is pretty, AND more than 5 characters are good.

toasty

Smash Hero
lmfao...aw Riku...btw, I can't remember the last time we ever played Melee against each other. I mean, have even had a set against each other? Ever???? We'll have to fix that :)

Khalil, can't believe we didn't play ANY singles matches on saturday, wtf? Your Ganon is looking soooo beastly though ^_^ It's a shame you dislike Melee, but it's cool, we'll play Brawl some time :)

CStick

Smash Lord
teh fux?! This coming from someone who is garbage at melee and PLAYS Brawl? mindgames.

Hows about Brawl ***** cuz that **** is pretty, AND more than 5 characters are good.
yes, brawl is much more balanced in Melee. Why? Because there isnt one good character in brawl. They all suck.

"omg, how do I beat a marth who rolls and camps alot?"

"simple! pick any character in the game, and roll and camp"

omg Brawl is so intense!!!!!! TWO HIT COMBO! THAT PIT PLAYER IS SURIOUS!

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Oh dont get me wrong, I was serious about melee, but not one character is good?? makes no sense man. more mindgames.

To each his own. I for one place visuals high on the list of game elements, and Brawl is beautiful. Melee is starting to look more and more like a great bowl of Polygon Flakes for breakfast to me.
Secondly, more characters? people actually being able to use more than what everyone is saying are the best? I'll take it.

All im saying is, if you dont like Brawl, dont play it. If you play it, stfu and dont complain about it or you just look like...well...you look like riku. nuff' said.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yes because brawl is so very very balanced. Metaknight, ROB, Falco, and Snake are quite obviously better than most of the cast, there's no denying that. The balance you see now will disappear as time goes on and people figure out match-ups and the better characters will dominate. Concerning the graphics of the two games, if you find them that important then go watch a movie. Gameplay comes first, everything after that is just polish. That being said, brawl is still fun to play, but don't kid yourself into thinking that it's better than melee. It's simply newer.

Oh, and I'll MM whatever character you play with samus or falcon. I assume they're not in the top 5 characters of melee that you mentioned.

I haven't forgotten the other money matches I have down in sova either. I believe I have my falco vs. Speedyoshi and my falco vs. toasty's fox. Classes are finishing up so I should be able to start work on getting my license in a week or two, so hopefully it won't be too long before I have no excuse to miss a SoVa tourney. :D

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
Oh dont get me wrong, I was serious about melee, but not one character is good?? makes no sense man. more mindgames.

To each his own. I for one place visuals high on the list of game elements, and Brawl is beautiful. Melee is starting to look more and more like a great bowl of Polygon Flakes for breakfast to me.
Secondly, more characters? people actually being able to use more than what everyone is saying are the best? I'll take it.

All im saying is, if you dont like Brawl, dont play it. If you play it, stfu and dont complain about it or you just look like...well...you look like riku. nuff' said.
its funny how people get soo defensive for brawl haha. ok if u say everyone has their own opinion thats great. if some people say yo brawl sucks go melee. good for them no need to insult people just cuz u think differently. imo melee>brawl but it doesnt mean im not gonna **** in brawl 2. melee is more technical and requires a thing called thought brawl is just like you don't learn anything u just learn what ur character can do. some people think thats better w/e but lets not turn into douchebags and start calling out each other just cuz someone sucked in melee then is good in brawl cuz it requires less skill.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice

if i was garbage at melee, how come i beat u and how come i was man enough to show up to tournaments 4 melee.

second of all i wasn't calling people out, if i wanted to call names out, i'd write them down, but the point i was making does make sense about most people lacking the ability to play melee at a high level and i do have a right to speak my mind about WTF i think.

lastly if i want to play brawl 4 fun then i can.

toasty

Smash Hero
Israaaaa yesssss come through son. If people ACTUALLY ****ING RESPOND TO SOMEONE TRYING TO MAKE **** HAPPEN IN THIS SCENE, then my next Gusto's Smash [Melee and Brawl] tourney will be either in a few weeks [doubtful] or in like...June [most likely].

I NEED FEEDBACK. GODDAAMNIT.

Also:
can people drop the drama? please? and don't say "oh he started it" or "well I was just saying what I think". I don't know if people realized what happened a few weeks ago but ONE comment about Brawl Vs. Melee or the players of each spawned exactly 56 posts in 24 hours. I'm not even kidding. That's OBSCENE. Please, don't clog our community with crap, I'll stop promoting the garbage myself, if I've had any part of adding fuel to the fire.

Just please. No more. ;___;
DON'T EVEN RESPOND TO THIS, JUST STOP TALKING.

<3

Also: RICHMOND! I have a car of my own now. That means I can come through and see you guys in Richmond or NoVa [for C3 or whatever] like...once every month or two, instead of every 2-4 months.
On a related note, you should go to the May C3 and stay in NoVa the night before. We're going to be able to get that hotel room again and for sooooooooooooo obscenely cheap! We'll just remember to bring pillows and blankets in case G-Reg steals our bed again hahaha

toasty

Smash Hero
Well Billy says we can get it, don't think he needs to register. Either way, we should be in the clear. We may have to get 2 rooms though. Mother. ****ing. Cheap. You don't even understand.

I don't want to post the rates because I don't know how many rooms [if more than 1] we're going to be able to get and I'll be straight up: I will be very selective about who I drive up and invite to this...if there's a need to be selective of course :) That's Billy's call [oh, he's Drag00nspyder for those who don't know...though I suppose we should just call him Grim? I dunno]

Thanks for the feedback.

So, myself included:

2 people would be cool with a weekday tourney in the summer.

In the meantime, I'm going to find out how late we can stay for an "all day" tournament.

Please be aware that venue fee will probably increase, but the perks of paying venue will more than likely increase as well.

My hope is that this gets wildly popular, more people get food at Gusto's, the owner gets happier working with our community, and for a little extra money, he throws a lot of extra awesomeness our way. What I'm saying is, I'm in discussion with him to host an all day tournament with high venue and entry fee (maybe $20 total if you're doing one event).............and he supplies a buffet. I'll see what I can do. BUT I NEED SUPPORT. That's the only way this will work. So yeah, by the third Gusto's tourney, that's what I want to happen. Think mid-July or early/mid-August. the last 2 weeks of July will be utter hell for me as I'm helping my dad and peoples host an "international" conference of brown people doing brown things...or something [lol, it's a Bangladesh Medical Association of North America conference, and it's in Norfolk at the very end of July]

SO WHAT SAY YOU SOVA?! ^_^ Let's make this **** big enough so that people from out of the area and *gasp* MAYBE EVEN OUT OF STATE may want to travel for this!

Top Bottom