• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
wait, i didn't post it here? ****, here's the info:

CNU Smash * Round 6
Go Home and Eat

:bowser::jigglypuf:bowser::jigglypuf:bowser:
Due to confusion and suggestions from previous CNU attendees, this event will be primarily based around friendly matches, where a Side Tourney MEANS Side Tourney. We will remain open to suggestions on any topic, so if something isn't going the way you'd like, mention it to one of the proctors and we'll do our best to help you out. Example: last time our proctors were a little too firm with the laggy tv/unimaginably boring extension of Random Singles.

-=*=-
If you are lost or running late, call/text my cell to let me know. The # is at the bottom.
When you read this, add my number to your phone, so you'll have it just in case.

-=*=-

Again, this will be friendly based, and should there be a strong demand for a singles tourney, there will be a $1 entry fee to give people SOMETHING to play for. That's all for now, I'll keep this updated. Doubles may not be random, depends on how many people want to have their own teams.

Back to normal..

WHEN? Saturday, November 17th

Who's hosting? CNU Smash

Where? York River West Multipurpose Room

Christopher Newport University
1 University Place
Newport News VA 23606-2998

http://about.cnu.edu/pictures/eyeCandy/campusmapLG.jpg

Why? Because you should be home with family, but you decided to play smash. We commend you.

START TIME: 5pm

Entry Fees: Free

----------------------------------------------------->
-Singles- (Subject to substitution for Draft Crews)

Standard stuff here people.

-Best 2/3 wins the set.
-Double Elimination.
-Winners/Losers/Grand Finals will all be best 3/5.
-Wobbling Banned = loss of that stock.

Stages

Random select.
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, [DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)], Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, [Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay.

***Mute City is legal in Singles, Mushroom Kingdom 2 is legal in doubles***

Counterpick.
any non-banned stages are open for counterpick.

BRING SETUPS please :)

AIM: Truegamegenie2
Cell: 757-404-8878

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
ya ya ya! Saturday!

BTW! SOVA! WHERE YOU AT MONDAY OR TUESDAY!
I'm trying to smash one of those two days, but I NEED confirmation of which day is the best for people BY TOMORROW. My girlfriend needs to know ahead of time which of the two days to take off...it'd be a shame if I were smashing on her day off. Or if I set **** up and then squandered due to said female relations.

SO LEMME KNOW PEOPLE! CSTICK! MASHI! WHERE YOU AT?!?!?!

Arsenal Russell

Smash Cadet
ill call sanchez tommorrow and kitsune apparently lost his phone(away message on aim) soo he better get his *** on here

were tryin to see who can smash next tuesday

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
wonder if lvl 9 gannon is gonna be at cnu again saturday. watchin ether get the warlock punch was priceless.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Check it out guys.....

I might try to set up a smashfest __weekly at the club nextdoor to Gusto's on Sundays. Before I try to set it up with the owners, I need to know what the count would be. I'd love to see guys from all over SoVa, including ODU, CNU, TCC, WM, and the kids who don't go to school.

The worst thing about this is, the venue would probably go straight to the club, but you get fat deals from Gusto's. I'm going to work it out so you have the club's deals on the grub. The clubbers get 5 dollar pasta bowls, and 5 dollar 10 inch pizzas. There are others, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Huge space, blah blah blah. I just need to know how many people would come out, so I know whether it's worth trying. If only five people say they'd come, it's not worth my hassle, you know?

Also, I'll make sure it never corresponds with Richmond's __Weeklies.

There would never be turnout.

Who's game?

Wyze

Smash Cadet
I'll be up for this, but I need to get a ride, somehow. >_< If I get to come to this tourney, it'll be my first one ever, so it'll be nice to have some competition outside Lexington Park, MD (where there is NO competition for me (I swear I'm the only one in this whole city that practices advance techs, watches videos, etc...)).

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Well guys its that time again for me to host another epic Multi-game tourney. (a mini-c3 i suppose)

thing is ive meet a LOT of new smashers since my last tourney and a few more Street fighter heads as well. i dont know if my place could hold THAT much Epicness.
if all of CNU came (or at least a good number of you), W&M, ODU, Team Richmond, along with some other random new players AND, the SF players.....it would be well over 30+

my last tourney had about 25+ (only 20 played, 19 in the crew battle and NO ONE played singles)

this time, theres still gonna be the 5$ venue, BUT for the sake of space theres going to be a 2$ Spectator fee as well.
Theres will be Free pizza and drinks (thus the venue fee)

the date is going to be sometime late December. ill have a full post later.

So far, im going to run....

SSBM teams 5$
SSBM SINGLES 5$
MVC2 5$
TEKKEN5 5$
CVS2 5$
3rd Strike 5$
SF Super Turbo 2$
Puzzle Fighter 2$
sign up will start at 11 AM for BOTH ssbm tourneys. sign up ENDS for ssbm at 12pm.
SSBM teams bracket will start at 1pm singles will start after.

SF games (and other fighting games) sign ups will start around 3pm, END at 4pm and Brackets for MVC2 Start at 5pm.

id like to try to keep track of people that are coming or think they may attend.

let me know.

Ether

Smash Ace
ooh, that's a tough decision between Schoolie and Cyrain.

I'm partial to Cyrain because of how far we got in C3, but if he doesn't wanna team, then it's me and Schoolie for sure.

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
i dont htink i'll be bale to make it, since i'll be smahsin at Chu's by-weeklies, hopefully ******. :-)

Top Bottom