• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
what
what are you guys doing
I want to host sometime this week. Anyone want to come down here?

TOASTY what the **** is your avatar?
It looks like a mexican game show host sniffing soap

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I remember you had to explain what "no johns" meant to me when I started out lol.
Speaking of Johns.

How about THE John???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1FVaAXXMxg
JOHN (ACE) beating Ipossessintergalactictesticles

TOASTY what the **** is your avatar?
the man I'd go gay for if he let me and Zgetto wasn't available...T.O.P. from Kpop boyband sensation: Bigbang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIRW_elc-rY

that's the music video for a cellphone ad campaign [cell phone, called Lollipop, pictured in my avatar :)]

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I'll do my best.

Side-note: trends like that make me shake my head. I'm all for emotional acronyms but stuff like smh spoils my affinity for putting actions between asterisks because it makes me seem smarter for some unfounded reason

*cries*
i also hate smh and fml

they are both really stupid
and lazy

rhan

Smash Hero
I want my montage *****!

Or my Young Link matches up so that the Young LInk boards have something to watch!

toasty

Smash Hero
You really gotta earn that FML

Boose I forgot about that class...what time is it finished? At any rate: call me. We need to find an appropriate TV setup to Captain Planet this **** up with.

WHO IS INTERESTED IN THE MELEE/BRAWL TOURNAMENT THAT D0N POSTED???

It's a big one (price-wise)...I gotta check out the venue myself [though honestly I really doubt I'll have time, so it'd be lovely if other people checked it out and reported back ^_^]

Also, before people cry about the price, it seems as though there are prizes being given away at the tournament, so that $10 in advance(October 10 deadline iirc), $20 AT THE DOOR is actually: Venue Fee, Singles Registration, Raffle entry =D

[unless you're entering events for multiple games, in which case you may end up spending a bit of money]

...how do we make this worth it?

PRE-REG

Also: this is like a God-send to me since I no longer have to worry about setting up a tourney. THERE'S ONE SET UP FOR US! A set date, a set venue...............cmonnnnnnnnnnn it's only $10 if we all pre-reg!

Tourney "thread"
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287765

rhan

Smash Hero
Another thing about Pre-reging. You can walk in there and do it as long as it's between the set dates they have to do so.

You don't have to just do it all online. But online saves the trip.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
i didnt just wake up (in my defense i woke up at 6am, went to bed at 10am, woke up now)

october 24th sounds perfectly fine to me, ill register online this week

toasty

Smash Hero
I heard a whisper that Melee is the 23rd and Brawl is the 24th...can said whisperers confirm/deny?

LOOKIN AT YOU S-MAN

Caboose - I finally got a hold of Frank.

Wanna know how?

I just walked to his house and knocked on the door.

LOL

I whooped the **** out of his arm for being antisocial and ignoring all phone calls/messages.

He now feels rightly awful about it.

He is also STILL unable to correctly pronounce your name XD

"See-(y)ung"

LOL

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
i lolled. silly white people

yo can you come over at 3pm today? last class ends just before then

also: i can't find a way to register for that tourny online for the life of me >_> and considering it's a 2+ hour bus ride there, id prefer not to pre-reg in person

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
So I was patrolling the boards and found the sc2 thread.

Rhan, you really uploaded one of the replays from a practice match where I not only knew nothing about tvz, reapers, build times, or the map, but also emphasized that it wasn't a serious match.

lol although I did enjoy the "rofl this guy is diamond" posts, when I knew nothing about 1v1 at the time and supply blocked myself routinely, it's incredible what you can accomplish when you stop breathing through your mouth.

Those little emblems next to your bracket are serious business though. Make sure you go out of your way to queue for hours in 2s, 3s and 4s to get collect all 4 diamonds, it makes you really really good!

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
yeah
so starcraft...
I've never played it
I don't have an easily accessable computer that I could play it on.
Is it worth it?

rhan

Smash Hero
Missed so0me ****.

Don't feel like looking back.

Someone update me.

What about that ride to RoM3?

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
idk what venue people are talking about
but if its the arcadia one
is pretty good for computers, their hd tvs might lag, the only game I've ever played on it was pokemon puzzle league, and it was my first time ever playing that game soooo

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
So I was patrolling the boards and found the sc2 thread.

Rhan, you really uploaded one of the replays from a practice match where I not only knew nothing about tvz, reapers, build times, or the map, but also emphasized that it wasn't a serious match.

lol although I did enjoy the "rofl this guy is diamond" posts, when I knew nothing about 1v1 at the time and supply blocked myself routinely, it's incredible what you can accomplish when you stop breathing through your mouth.

Those little emblems next to your bracket are serious business though. Make sure you go out of your way to queue for hours in 2s, 3s and 4s to get collect all 4 diamonds, it makes you really really good!
yeah funny stuff forreal.

idk what venue people are talking about
but if its the arcadia one
is pretty good for computers, their hd tvs might lag, the only game I've ever played on it was pokemon puzzle league, and it was my first time ever playing that game soooo
yes it is what they're talking about

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
i talked to the people and theyre pretty chill about whatever we want to do for rulesets/tvs/etc.. The only thing they seem to be enforcing is a 20 dollar entrance fee if you register after the 10th. It was supposed to be today but i asked them to push it back a bit to give people more time.

rhan

Smash Hero
I uploaded those matches to ask where I could improve and what could have been done differently on your end.

Not to show off or anything.

Top Bottom