• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

CStick

Smash Lord
Pound was fun. A lot of us squandered and choked, but regardless we learned a lot - at least i did, anyway.

SoVA shoutsies:

Shaeden: at least you got to second round. Good ****
Jwulf: epic ****. You just gotta work on consistency and on not missing anymore ground techs. that was what did you in during third pools.
Doug: Thanks for the ride. Sorry about the GPS being stupid. Also, sorry because i believe I effed up and left my food wrapper on the floor of your car. Accidental d!ck move on my part, man, sorry.

hopefully smash at my place this Saturday

CStick

Smash Lord
http://suroka.free.fr/Slhoka/pound4meleesingles.gif

P4's finished bracket.

Mango beat HBox. HBox missed a rest, and instead of punishing for the win, Mango jabbed him out of it so "the f**ker could wake up so he could take his beating like a man". HBox instead decided to lolragequit.

1st - Mang0
2nd - HBox
3rd - Amsah
4th - Armada
5th - M2k, Jman
7th - Lucky, Zhu
9th - Tope, SilentSpec, Plank <-----lol bull****, DR. PP
13th - Hax, DEHF, Darkrain, Linguini

very interesting top 16. Lots of interesting matches and upsets, too.

rhan

Smash Hero
Mango beat HBox. HBox missed a rest, and instead of punishing for the win, Mango jabbed him out of it so "the f**ker could wake up so he could take his beating like a man". HBox instead decided to lolragequit.
WOW

Mango's a douche. Way to take Grandfinals seriously.

Edit: Now that I think about it did anyone take Grandfinals seriously?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I did, but yeah the jab made me alittle nervous
results thread?? where is it?

Shouties:
Rhan- We played the best young links and links in the world :D and i played m2k wtff haha
Doug- Thanks 4 the ride, and next tourney i know you're taking first place ._.
Cstick- I wanted to see you play kage >_> oh well.
Tope- Good **** placing high for VA =D sorry you had to play m2k lol **** jiggs
Ether- Too bad you couldn't make it =[ i wanted to see m2k vs ether sets. i kept your pound 4 nametag though ;P next time you host i'll get it to you.
Crystal Nite- At least they got your name right XD Next tourney, i'm teaming with rhan. lol.
Pitzer- YOURE 18!
KF- No crew battle makes me :(

CStick

Smash Lord
and cstick heard your maining sheik now?
Yes. My Shiek was doing better than my Ganon. Time to start being gay.

And thats dumb, Batman. You never mentioned that. Have fun though. It's apparently cheaper up there, but you'll have to learn to enjoy cold and rainy days.

Mango's a douche. Way to take Grandfinals seriously.

Edit: Now that I think about it did anyone take Grandfinals seriously?
I think there was some rivalry going on there. More like a mutual douche-ness. But the moment that it was found out to be a puff ditto for grand finals (which it was), no one took it seriously. It was the most boring thing ever.

The melee scene needs a couple god-tier Marths and Foxes to knock that **** off so puff stops winning.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
laugh my bad sman..... but yea man i will see sova again next big tournament or something i just say sova keep your melee game up i want to see some great improvements, and ether man you better start coming to tournaments especially if you want tope to stop doing so well in tournaments

yo and doug you better stay in the smash scene!

oh mos def cstick i want to see that sheik do work hopefully get better then the doug...?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol im pretty sure bats DID mention he was moving to seattle after pound

also i was going to ask for a ride to cstick's saturday...and then i remembered im watching bill cosby. oh wellz

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
naw man when i say im watching bill cosby i mean rahil and i have tickets to go see him live

that being said i NEED to get serious again so ill try and get rides from/bring rahil when i can and post for one when i cant in the future

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I think there was some rivalry going on there. More like a mutual douche-ness.
MAD hate goin on there!

Mango's ****ing amazing though...MAKES NO SENSE!

Also, GET AT M2K'S SET WITH ARMADA! HYPE!

...and then...

M2K got mad nervous and greedy.

After having so many lead-ins and follow-throughs to usmash the whole set, I guess he decided he didn't need them anymore.

>_<

toasty

Smash Hero
Dear SpeedYoshi,

Try this.

WTF, PAY ME!

Same goes for Pcat and SchoolieDee.

[Pcat, got your text, but I'll echo this for the others as well]

Please send the payments via paypal.

Also, please do not send it using a credit/debit card as either you or I will incur a fee to do so. Instead, link your bank account to your paypal account and do an "eCheck" from there so it won't cost anything extra.

CuriousEnver@hotmail.com is where to send the payment =D

[note: not actually mad of course XD everyone was busy and all over the place and I was gone a few times when people were leaving the venue]

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Yes. My Shiek was doing better than my Ganon. Time to start being gay.

And thats dumb, Batman. You never mentioned that. Have fun though. It's apparently cheaper up there, but you'll have to learn to enjoy cold and rainy days.

I think there was some rivalry going on there. More like a mutual douche-ness. But the moment that it was found out to be a puff ditto for grand finals (which it was), no one took it seriously. It was the most boring thing ever.

The melee scene needs a couple god-tier Marths and Foxes to knock that **** off so puff stops winning.
I think it's just all the new banned stages that are helping floaties out immensely for no reason. Hence the new uprising of peaches and jiggs. They need to bring back corneria or greens so that everyone has a fair chance of counterpicking.

laugh my bad sman..... but yea man i will see sova again next big tournament or something i just say sova keep your melee game up i want to see some great improvements, and ether man you better start coming to tournaments especially if you want tope to stop doing so well in tournaments

yo and doug you better stay in the smash scene!

oh mos def cstick i want to see that sheik do work hopefully get better then the doug...?
Im gona miss u bro. crews when we go to tourneys

HAHA i really wanted that $5

toasty

Smash Hero
[warning: possible mini-rant not directed at you specifically, Pat. Just a lot of dumb **** went down this weekend when it came to planning and it kinda ****ed me over.]

Ummm I thought you were supposed to?

I wasn't able to check up on the rooms while everyone was there...

I know you're not terribly active on the boards but I was posting stuff that your friends definitely saw and at one point I even asked for them to talk to you/Schoolie/Juan about y'all's housing situations.

But man...cmon...I can't be hunting every individual person down for confirmation beyond doing what I'd already spent a good deal of time doing:
toasty- put me in that hotel room list :)
I'm adding on Pat to my list for the time being since I forgot to XD
IT'S SOVA BABY! @ The Hotel!
January 15/16/17th [Friday/Saturday/Sunday Night]
SpeedYoshi

Room 2: 8 People
SpeedYoshi
FMFK aka Poehlcat
D0N
Kadaj
Famous
Dull_Razer
JCaesar
jjvirus

edit: obviously, you don't owe me...just makes my splitting of the costs inaccurate >_>

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
****, didnt see any of those posts and figured you forgot me/were full
i kept all my housing stuff in pms for the most part, maybe i shouldn't have =X
me juan and schoolie had a room

rhan

Smash Hero
AWWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Pound 4 drama has now officially hit the SoVA region!

First: PBannedJ
Second: M2K/JMan's double DQ
Third: Single's GF
Now: Confusion in SoVA??!

We should start a soap. **** tourneys. If we film our everyday life we'd earn more than any tourney could possibly produce.

EDIT: I forgot when Doug went Super Sayain 5 on Shaden and I.... On behalf of that situation my deepest apologies again, Doug. Didn't mean to throw off your night like that. We owe you.

D0N

Smash Ace
naw man when i say im watching bill cosby i mean rahil and i have tickets to go see him live

that being said i NEED to get serious again so ill try and get rides from/bring rahil when i can and post for one when i cant in the future
... I'm jealous... why didnt i know this was possible... :urg:

Also, Toasty gave me someone's bag of forgotten stuff from pound 4. If it's yours, Kadaj is holding it for you in Newport News as I am in NC.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
hahaha I left so much **** at pound. I believe I'll be in Newport News this weekend Kadaj so I can get it then. Also I'll send your money today, Toasty.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Take care Batman and good luck on the west coast! As far as housing goes in the midwest you may want to check with Trail, Cunning Kitsune, Tink, and BigC. They are all in the Chicago loop area and all housed me or helped house european players in the past. In Washington get in touch with Ka-Master and crew they are really cool and funny as ****.

Pound was fun. Have a lot of sour faced johns about the tournament but not gonna go into them because overall had a flippin good time. Caught some kind of bug on Saturday or Sunday and currently sick as a dog but I realize I did act like a bit of a **** to Ron and Shae partly because for some reason I was under the impression you guys were trying to pressure me into staying another night, which C-Stick later convinced me wasn't true and was prolly just an honest mistake on your part. Given the fact I got two hours of sleep for work the next day, which at the most would have been four anyway is no real excuse on my part.

JWolf ***** at this tourney also. Watched and supported him at his 3rd pool, and he coulda made it out if he would have had some experience against fighting Luigi. Also nearly took a game off Amsah with some sweet double shine work.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the support guys, pound 4 has opened my eyes a lot and I'm truly ready to put sova on the map. I'll do full shoutouts later probably in the pound 4 thread but for now good **** to everyone who went and did work for sova!

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Pound was fun. Have a lot of sour faced johns about the tournament but not gonna go into them because overall had a flippin good time. Caught some kind of bug on Saturday or Sunday and currently sick as a dog but I realize I did act like a bit of a **** to Ron and Shae partly because for some reason I was under the impression you guys were trying to pressure me into staying another night, which C-Stick later convinced me wasn't true and was prolly just an honest mistake on your part. Given the fact I got two hours of sleep for work the next day, which at the most would have been four anyway is no real excuse on my part.
No problem brah. Im just glad you gave us the ride there and back. Yeah it was an honest mistake. I didn't realize how far the hotel was + i was running on 3 hours of sleep due to leonymae not letting me hang up on her until about 6 AM

Thanks for the support guys, pound 4 has opened my eyes a lot and I'm truly ready to put sova on the map. I'll do full shoutouts later probably in the pound 4 thread but for now good **** to everyone who went and did work for sova!
We need to play more. i need falco vs fox practice :)
and i'll use whoever you want haha. good **** mr. "Best in SoVa"

rhan

Smash Hero
I wonder how an Efer n JayWuff team would be..... hint hint. Save that for Pound 5 guys.

DOUG <3

LOL @ Shaden. You kids are soooo adorable.... So who's she gonna main?

JWolf

Smash Cadet
As fun and **** as that team would be, I couldn't do it.

Malco= my teammate for life. I think our spacies are married or something like that.

rhan

Smash Hero
Theo - No clue. Marik's eyes are fudgin' sexy.

Shaden - LOLOL Ganon
Flakes
. You'll get her to play Jiggz like a pro. ;]

Top Bottom