• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
lol squirtle squad. what a catchy name. i miss it. it was the first crew i knew about when i started playing melee.
i looked up to yall ;P

ether, sorry to hear it. host more to make up for this absence
??

rhan

Smash Hero
Obviously his silence is a no. You two need to stop making up rumors.

Hate to say I told y'all so.... BUUUUUUUT

I TOLD Y'ALL SO!!!!!

Ether

Smash Ace
I dunno. It's like, Squirtle Squad is in shambles. Playing against every member of S.T.A.R.S. pushes me to my limits. Each member's style is weird as ****, and it's really challenging/rewarding. Also, Shaden makes me laugh every match, yet he pushes so hard. Crystalnite's such a great player--cold and calculating. Pitzer's fast and a master of the crouch cancel. rhan's Samus is tricksy, and his Y. Link is deadly in teams, especially when teamed with S-man. And I consider KP a member, and he and I have gone through so much theory on AIM over the years.

Really, I feel like if I'm to grow in melee, I need a crew like this. A group of dedicated players who are never satisfied with their current level of skill, and aren't scared by the thought of perpetually being behind the next player in terms of skill. No, rather these players confront that fear and play to mercilessly beat the odds. It's almost sinister, and yet, at the end of the day, it's so rewarding and chill.

I'm honored to be accepted in such a group.

rhan

Smash Hero
Looks like I'm sitting in the middle on the way to Pound.... but that doesn't matter! Ether speach got me so pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POUND FOOOOOOOUR! HERE WE GO!!!!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Well ****, Ether...if that's the way you feel about it, then **** you budday! that was....****...I WANNA BE A MEMBER OF STARS ;__;

but yeah the SS thing is definitely more of a joke than anything else...

I mean it was our old hang-out crew, and it seemed promising, but then real life seemed to have ****ed the crew up XD

I mean **** I even claim GA as home now, you know? If there were a crew here in GA, I'd jump on it.

It's strange, though...to be East Coast AND South at the same time since I'm so tight with people from all over both regions.

Actually "being EC and South at the same time" is kind of a good summary of living in Virginia XD

anyway...I'm feeling better and I've been revisiting this post while at work, but it's closing time now so I'm gettin the **** out!

PEACE

SEE EVERYONE AT POUND OMMMGGGGGG!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Lol. Now, here's the crew we should make. Me, toasty, Full Metal, and...
LOL man...if I had the time...oh god...GA is getting so beastly right now! It's scary. Kids that I fourstocked when I got here are giving me a rough time now...and the good players that I could hold my own against are now ****** the **** out of my rusty *** XD

CStick

Smash Lord
yea, the SS is gone. I mean, really, look at it. Aside from myself, who the **** else who was in it still plays melee? Still shows up to fests and tourneys regularly?

Russ = ????
Mashi = Brawl and ???
Kitsune = has his dikk on a leash and life to worry about
Ether = work, life and doesn't seem to come out to play the SS anymore but instead shows up when STARS is there (coincidence? I think not.)
Otis = life and other games
Lee = ...where the **** is Lee?
Dirty = in the Navy, in Cali
FTZ = Army
Riku = haven't seen him in forever
CDot = not sure if he was technically a member, but he's up in MD for the most part, with school and life

that's like the entire roster - gone.

I think maybe I should join KF or CNU just for lulz and to give STARS more challenging crew battle options...

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
join cnu so you can be apart of another dying group :)
and i was apart of stars for about 3 days before everyone quit lol

stars being SS LOL

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
so kf whats the plan for pound?

so ether is officially in stars hmmmm...well i guess kf has already beat the real team of stars then...?
=P
so now kf just has to go for cnu....only crew we haven't faught i believe

rhan

Smash Hero
I think maybe I should join KF or CNU just for lulz and to give STARS more challenging crew battle options...
LOL

KF is challenging when we only got 3 active members going places.

Well since Theo went back to NC.

Two.

Bats: We lacked KP. And we had G-Mon.....

No offense to G-Mon cause he's A G! MON!

But that was a crippling 4 stocks.

rhan

Smash Hero
yes but mna we had lisa and no offense to her but that another cripllig four stocks on our side...? so it just made it even..?
Didn't Lisa take 3-2 stocks off Shaden? How is that crippling?

Anyway it's just time for another rematch. That's all this is getting at. :)

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
we cant talk trash. me and shaden got raappeedd in our matches with oro?. Not to say that will ever happen again...we had major warm-up johns, considering how well we played later in the night.

Oro?

Smash Rookie
we cant talk trash. me and shaden got raappeedd in our matches with oro?. Not to say that will ever happen again...we had major warm-up johns, considering how well we played later in the night.
not trying to say that yal didnt have any warm up johns but rhan with 2 stock samus and me coming in with 4 and i diddnt lose a stock 2 him has happened twice. there cant be any johns there.

but definately another crew battle at pound 4!!!!!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
TOASTY: check your PMs

lol man im psyched for this and im not even playing. GOOD LUCK SOVA

oh and hax, ill PM you my phone number so you can hit me up at the venue for your wiimote

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
not trying to say that yal didnt have any warm up johns but rhan with 2 stock samus and me coming in with 4 and i diddnt lose a stock 2 him has happened twice. there cant be any johns there.

but definately another crew battle at pound 4!!!!!
I can take you :) I learned your style of play last time we Played at c-sticks so it might be closer than last time.

rhan

Smash Hero
Just waiting on Doug to get here!

SEE EVERYONE IN MARYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

####!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom