• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
who all is going to ascendency?

should I not bother going if there aren't people showing up

or will there be a turn out of some sort

I don't really want to pay a venue fee if there isn't going to be a tourny, but I'd be down for like an hour of friendlies or so.

screw it, I'll just bring my cube.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
i have just been informed that the venue location in newport news will no linger be of use to us.
good times where had by all but now without a venue we must start from scratch.
this weeks tourney will be held at me and lees house like the old days. my address has been placed on the first post again for people that cant remember how to get here.

after this week ill have to start looking for a new location. that being said this may be the last tourney i partake in throwing (aside the game on stuff i may be doing) for awhile.

ill keep everyone posted on the situation.

i still hope to see all the newport players out here this week. since there are 2 tournaments, one here and the other a csticks i propose a smash fest all night type deal. whos up for it?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Me and whoever ends up showing up to come with me this weekend would love to crash at your place, if you're still offering.

CStick

Smash Lord
I should be free friday night for practice if anyone's up for it. I'll be there saturday, and once again, I'll try to get Tech to come out of retirement

Ether

Smash Ace
Once again, Lisa and I want to take on any comers on teams today. We might even go to GameOn. Let me know if you're interested, or if you just want to do 1 v 1 even.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Me and whoever ends up showing up to come with me this weekend would love to crash at your place, if you're still offering.
ok but im charging a venue to all plyers named tope.

****...that's a shame...but I'll be at O-NO's. Should I bring a cube?
EDIT: I'm bringing BLKG ["Blackguy"] as well.
always. never know if there will be enough.

Once again, Lisa and I want to take on any comers on teams today. We might even go to GameOn. Let me know if you're interested, or if you just want to do 1 v 1 even.
eff game on. i get off work at 9pm if you want to play around then.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Team Best From Now is coming, although we'll be a few hours late. We'll be minus Whodat, but it'll myself, DRAGONCHARLZ!, a friend of mine who just randomly decided to come up here from NC for the day (gotta wait for him to get here which is the reason for the delay), and some other dude who just decided to tag along coming.

Just posting for Otis when he goes "WTF?!" when we're not there right away....it's not down the street anymore afterall :laugh:

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
Enver Link FTW. That thing looked awesome until the end. LOL. Well I will show up to the tourney around 3pm as I see the first post said the singles would start by then. So basically if the time change OTIS hit me up lol. I can't make doubles.

BlackheartLee

Smash Rookie
Smash Doubles:

1: Donkey Cannon (O-NO + Blackheart Lee) ($40.00)
2: Balls Deep (C-Stick + Kitsune)
3: Unreal Toast! (Toasty + unrealperson)
4: Army Strong

Smash Singles:

1: O-NO / Blackheart Lee ($27.00 each)
3: Kitsune ($6.00)
4: Mashi
5: BLKG
5: DragonCharlz
7: Toasty
7: unrealperson
9: Justin
9: C-Stick
9: Mark
9: Sen

Street Fighter Third Strike:

1: O-NO ($15.00)
2: DragonCharlz ($6.00)
3: Sen ($3.00)
4: Aaron
5: Blackheart Lee
5: unrealperson
7: DDR Freak 457
7: Sonic

Shout-outs:

Unreal + Sonic: Nice seeing you guys around again.

Sen: SHE is truly without mercy. Not even the vengeful demons that rule over Corneria could stop HER.

Dragoncharlz:
Marth is a slash happy muthafooka.

C-Stick: That ish happens to the best of us.

Toasty: You're coming up in the world. Your defense is good just keep working on your offense and spacing. Go for those gimp kills, they win the day.

BLKG:
You've definitely surprised some people today. I played you at an Ascendency a while ago, and you have seriously stepped up many parts of your game. And yea, Brinstar is a great choice against fast-fallers.

Mashi:
Camp-happy Marths beating camp-happy Peaches! But not camp-happy Falcos ;-;

Kitsune: *gets hit by a 0-85% combo* *Hits you once* GAME!!

O-NO:
Sheik using *******!!!

Good stuff to all... I'll see most of you tomorrow.

CStick

Smash Lord
I mega-squandered hard as a bytch. I'm still running it through my mind on what i was even doing, because I dont even feel like i was mentally there. and sadly, this is the second tourney in a row that I sucked badly on. Guess I'm losing it and should practice more

Mashi: campy marth is too good
Blkguy: shiek shiek shiek
Unreal/sonic: good to see you again
everyone: phuck ether and his bull****

and sadly, my mom was only gone for 20 minutes. so mad at her atm. phuck my mom's bull****-_-

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
**** A PEACH
**** A SHIEK
**** A GANNON
**** A MARTH
**** A FOX

lol all my matches were soooooo close.. except a few... freakin otis. good **** to blackg for making me actually try against him -.- SHOUDLVE LISTEND TO OTIS MAN! BRINSTAR FO SHEEEZY

good **** to all.

Ether

Smash Ace
Good luck everyone tomorrow. I'm personally rooting for CStick. You better place high, man.

Anyway, everyone stay on your toes. When I come back, I'll be levels tougher.

*looks at Enver*

It's time to see "The One"...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
my Fox was dead and totally squandered :'(

Shoulda gone Doc against BlackG's Sheik...hell my Pikachu would've done better >_<

Mashi, Lee, DragonCharlz, Sen - thanks for the matches
CStick - **** you. I'll get you back today =D

EDIT:

LMAO! @ Ether You better be enlightened my friend, if you return with the saying of another "great" and all you learn is "I just use moves," I'll be very sad ;_;

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Good stuff from everyone.

O-NO: Too good. In smash and in making up random stuff to say. And like some dorky kid in the crowd saying with a small voice "Anybody up for 3rd Strike? 3rd Strike? How about we play 3rd Strike?!" you finally got one. I was surprised I come in third....guess a little prepractice helps.

Lee: It's been a long time since I played HER....so long that when you picked her I insticitively thought your were playing Sheik. **** it.....lol. Too good Zelda though.

Unreal: I was being ******** and nervous in our matches for some reason. No johns as I did come back from 1-3 stocks, but meh.

Toasty: Ness is f@cking great. And don't forget about that CHU.

BLKG: That was really good myraid of characters...first three I was like "****it, have to stick to Ganon...".

Can't wait for the next one....and Ether better be there! I WILL DESTROY YOU!

*To Otis*-my friend from outta town might left a PS2 controller and an adaptor thing for GC on your coach. If it's there just hold it for me and I'll grab it next time I'm over there. No bigy.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Heh, no need to pray to keep our souls if SHE never ends up taking any! And it's about time they revealed SOMEONE else, not just people we already know about that.

Don't worry about the controller, idoit thought he brought it but had left it at his house instead :laugh:

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Israphel and I are looking for housing/a ride to the game-on tournament this weekend. Anyone open? ^_^ We'll <3 you forevaaarz. Gots gas moniez too

Ether

Smash Ace
Constant training.

No, I've been trying to take care of some things.

Seriously, though. Constant training.

And when I'm done, the people I want to play the most include: Tope, Kitsune, and CStick.
Pretty random, right?

Then I want to team with (in friendlies, I guess) the other Revo members: CStick, Blackheart Lee, and Kitsune. Teaming with O-NO was fun as hell.

Sometime in the near future, I'll be training CDot, too.

And then I want to play Chillin and Mew2King, but NOT on teams.

Cactuar and Doll come next.

The battle against Husband will be epic.

I'll get my dollar back from Chu.

And then I'll finish my smash career against Azen.

I know I've missed out on some big things, but trust me, it'll be worth it. At least to me. =P

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hmmm, you should definately train me Ether, I never want to lose to marth again. (CSTICK!!!!!)

yeah I got *****, he took out all 4 stock of mine and Cow's in the last crew battle.

oh, and I need to fight good spacies with my samus for like an hour straight. that's my to - do list right there.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
Israphel and I are looking for housing/a ride to the game-on tournament this weekend. Anyone open? ^_^ We'll <3 you forevaaarz. Gots gas moniez too
um, i could probably hook you guys up
looks like i'm free this weekend
got my wisdom teeth out yesterday but it looks like i won't be much indisposed past today

toasty

Smash Hero
um, i could probably hook you guys up
looks like i'm free this weekend
got my wisdom teeth out yesterday but it looks like i won't be much indisposed past today
*throws pudding at you*...did you get all 4 out? and were they pulled or cut out? lol, I had my top two pulled since they were pretty much completely out, and the bottom two hadn't come out at all but they were ripe, so those were cut out...which means that I was only swollen at the bottom on both sides...looked like a god**** cowbell :(
but yeah, sweet **** dude! see you friday

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Constant training.

No, I've been trying to take care of some things.

Seriously, though. Constant training.

And when I'm done, the people I want to play the most include: Tope, Kitsune, and CStick.
Pretty random, right?

Then I want to team with (in friendlies, I guess) the other Revo members: CStick, Blackheart Lee, and Kitsune. Teaming with O-NO was fun as hell.

Sometime in the near future, I'll be training CDot, too.

And then I want to play Chillin and Mew2King, but NOT on teams.

Cactuar and Doll come next.

The battle against Husband will be epic.

I'll get my dollar back from Chu.

And then I'll finish my smash career against Azen.

I know I've missed out on some big things, but trust me, it'll be worth it. At least to me. =P

I'm not worth your time =(

toasty

Smash Hero
DON'T FORGET!!!! In approximately 22 hours...

TOASTY PRESENTS: EPIC MADNESS Vol. 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O
Featuring: endless shenanigans, $1 Team Green Greens for Nachos and $$$, and DODGEBALL!!!!!

If you don't already know the deal, PM me, or go to www.VAgaming.com [Kitsune's site], register, and go here:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/VA_Gaming/index.php?showtopic=167

EDIT: Just in case you aren't swayed by madness, delicious nachos, money, and other free food/drinks...

Who you can expect so far:
Richmond:
Tope
Cyrain
Isra
Nelo

SoVa:
KitsuneKing
FTZ
Gum [Khalil]
Ether
O-NO
BLKG [David "Black Guy"]
Fantastic! [Matt]
BlackheartLee [Nacho Goddess]
Chromer
Mid-Tier [Eli]
It's Ganon [Cory]
Schoolie Dee
MaSHi
2ben
ndn [Rahil]
CStick
Commie
Linkomac
WTF? [Dean]
Cow
Xeno
Ghost757
Commie
Phil [formerly known as Token]
Ben The Brute
Taj FTW

Maybe:
CPU [Raymond]
Thickburger [Johnrick]
KOTR [Ivar]
FATS
The Doug
Crispy [Christian, The Devil Pikachu]
Aurora? [never got a word from her, just going to assume she's coming]

ONE MORE THING!!! I NEED CHAIRS!!!!!
last time we had around 20+ people...so everyone was pretty taken care of...but this time, we have over 30 people confirmed...so...if you have chairs, please bring them. Thank you.

OH YES...LAST THING...IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DON'T KNOW:
Start time = NOON
well, that's when people are showing up anyway...as far as the mini-tournaments and whatever else would be going on, that won't probably start until between 6-8. lolll I just got a phone call from some kid's mom [I didn't ask who] and it was like "Hello, may I please speak to toasty?" hahaha, but yeah she was trying to get a start/finish time and so I'm hoping to get the tourney-ish stuff out of the way by 11...so yeah, Richmond/Revo: DON'T WAIT TIL 11 PM TO SHOW UP THIS TIME! Lee...wash your god**** hair tonight or something.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I want to come to Toasty's fest and the game-on tourney, so <3 you Cow for offering to put us up for the weekend, but we can't make it unless Tope drives. The bus ticket would be 44$ for me and isra each and we can't afford it. We're trying to make it though.

CStick

Smash Lord
there may be a job-related complication concerning me going on Friday to Toasty's and to Game-on on saturday. I guess I'll hitch with Otis and Lee again if they go or find my own way up, but I wont know until tomorrow afternoon

btw, ONO/Lee: I'll bring the chairs by tomorrow. Sorry for taking so long, but me = no car til tonight

Top Bottom