• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOUTH KOREA SMASH (player finder/info)

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Ohmu: Awesome, I knew there would be a bunch of those nearby. My area ***** for everything except train/bus convenience. I feel like I improved a lot in the DDD/Marth matchup and I think you had a breakthrough after the advice I gave you, so GGsssss. I'll get those replays up eventually.

Ray: Supposed to go bungee jumping this weekend but that might be a lost cause with this **** weather. I'll let you know if I'm down.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Marcus how're you doing? Keep us updated on the tourneys bro

Anybody wanna play tomorrow? This weekend I'll be spending time with family so most likely can't meet up then.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
Marcus how're you doing? Keep us updated on the tourneys bro

Anybody wanna play tomorrow? This weekend I'll be spending time with family so most likely can't meet up then.
hey man I'm enjoying my time over here and I'll definitely be goin to genesis so I'll let u know how that goes. Other than that, keep improving and I'll see u in august!

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
TV for sale! I'm leaving the country, so it's up for grabs. It's a Samsung, non-flat screen (e.g., lagless), 36 cm, 2 AV inputs (red and yellow), 2 speakers (one on each side), with a remote control.

I'll part with it for 25,000 won.

It's in very good condition. Brett's played on it before; he can vouch for its quality. The TV's image isn't as grainy as the first photo looks; that's just how it came out when my camera shot it with the screen on.

You won't find this kind of television for cheaper; I got it for 50,000 won about 6 months ago from a used electronics vendor. Come on, I know all you melee people could use an extra lagless setup for your fests??? It's relatively light, too; I've carried it from Seoul to my far-flung province in Gangwon-do twice.

I can't get my pics of the TV to display here, but here're links to them on my facebook page; let me know if they don't work for you:

Front view:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100510130975282&set=a.10100510130960312.2795354.5128521&type=1&theater

Side view:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100510131015202&set=a.10100510130960312.2795354.5128521&type=1&theater

Only big catch is, I don't live in Seoul so you'll have to pick it up from me on my way Incheon Int'l airport on Monday, July 18th, probably sometime around noon or earlier somewhere in Seoul, preferably at a major subway intersection on the way to the airport. I would be more than willing to bring it to Seoul on Sunday the 17th, but that would require me spending a night in Seoul which I would only do if you...housed me for the night. It would be fun; we could play smash...

Call me if you want at 010-2626-3185

P.S. I suppose if you really couldn't meet to pick it up from me, I could deposit it in a major subway station locker and then text you the code to access it, so you could get it Monday night. Only problem is that would require you transferring me payment through an ATM about a week beforehand, since I'll be closing my bank account.

So yeah, I know this is like, pretty inconvenient and unlikely to be sold :(, I just figured I'd put it out there. It would warm the cockles of my heart to know that this TV continued to be dedicated to Smash after I left.:)

indie_dave

Smash Ace
@Everybody,
Just got my cube today! But, found out my TV's A/V input has trouble hooking a signal D:

@Ohmu,
I'd like to buy it. You wouldn't happen to be coming to Seoul another day, possibly next week Friday or Saturday? Weekdays and weeknights are bad for me because of work and this weekend I'm booked solid. You're clearly going out of your way to sell it, sorry if that complicates it more.

@Marcus,
hoYUPS

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
@Everybody,
@Ohmu,
I'd like to buy it. You wouldn't happen to be coming to Seoul another day, possibly next week Friday or Saturday? Weekdays and weeknights are bad for me because of work and this weekend I'm booked solid. You're clearly going out of your way to sell it, sorry if that complicates it more.
Sorry man, I can only come to Seoul on Sunday the 17th or Monday the 18th (my departure day). Otherwise I'd have to spend multiple nights in Seoul, and I'm trying to pinch pennies like crazy. Maybe you could arrange for a friend to pick it up for you? Let me know if your plans change.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
what happened to maining Falcon?
yo, i changed my mind. i'm a ganon and puff player now. after those ganon dittos with brett, i discovered that my ganon is mad beast. ganon's dair is like the best move in the game. and jiggs is just...well beautiful. ^^

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
If you guys really wanted to I could relay stuff between Ohmu and Dave (ex: Ohmu gives me the tv, I give Ohmu 25 bucks, I bring it to Dave's place and he pays me back with money and smashing).

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Sorry man, I can only come to Seoul on Sunday the 17th or Monday the 18th (my departure day).
That's a Good Copy

i'm a ganon and puff player now.^^
/peach counterpicks D:

If you guys really wanted to I could relay stuff between Ohmu and Dave (ex: Ohmu gives me the tv, I give Ohmu 25 bucks, I bring it to Dave's place and he pays me back with money and smashing).
Brett *****

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
That'd be real cool, since Brett's place is on my way to ICN by train. Will you be available on Monday around noon, Brett, for me to drop it off? I thought you taught class then.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if you were to drop something off it would have to be Sunday night since I'm going to Mudfest this weekend and won't be back until after 6-7.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, if you were to drop something off it would have to be Sunday night since I'm going to Mudfest this weekend and won't be back until after 6-7.
I can bring it to you on Sunday, but only if I were to sleep at your place. Just for financial reasons - if I paid for lodging on Sunday night in order to sell the TV, the amount I would spend on it - and food - would be as much as I would make on the TV.

If you can't do that, no worries; I understand.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Thanks again you guys are the best

Ray they're selling for $150 new plus Mario Cart over here e.ea
Or if you order a used cube lmk and I'll field a USPS address for you

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
To Indie Dave and Brett -

Sorry, I just realized that there's no possible way I'll be able to carry that tv with me to Seoul on my way to ICN. After packing up most of my things to leave this country, I've discovered I have a lot more crap than I thought: I going to need 2 suitcases, a duffel bag, and a backpack, so I have no free hands/arms with which to carry the television. :-(

The only way I could carry it would be to make some sort of harness with which to hang it from my neck.

Sorry guys~

indie_dave

Smash Ace
@Ohmu,
No worries brah have a safe trip home! There are those things for babies that corean moms love to sling their deposits around with i'm sure it'd work lol

@Everybody,
Smash fest this Saturday at my place. Come whenever but early's best. As far as eats go there's only fast food directly nearby which closes at 8pm. A little bit of walking to Namyeong where food's 24/7 and cheap. Ichon and Itaewon have good food but are farther away.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
i think i'm going to bite the bullet and get a new wii. i have a feeling it will last longer, and new ones are still damn cheap in korea.
man that sucks.. by the way, guess who I met at Genesis today. Mike (aka Yamer)! I was playing friendlies with him and didn't even know it was him til I asked who he was. Glad I got to finally meet and play him. Really good Falco/Marth player.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Bad news Dave, got second degree burns on my shoulders and moving right now is pretty god damn painful.

I'll see how it goes.

Shinku

Smash Champion
hey guys. ive been in the melee scene for like 5 years in the u.s., and ill be here in korea for a while. not sure how the scene is here, but at some point id like to smashy smashy.

**** brawl

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
man that sucks.. by the way, guess who I met at Genesis today. Mike (aka Yamer)! I was playing friendlies with him and didn't even know it was him til I asked who he was. Glad I got to finally meet and play him. Really good Falco/Marth player.
goods hit. hope it was a good time.

shinku, let us us know what your plans are. looking forward to smash with ya

Shinku

Smash Champion
im pretty free during the weekends. i was planning on going to the arcade and play a **** load of ssf4 ae.
if there are like smash fest here or tournies or whatever, ill do my best to attend

like say friday threw sunday ish

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
me and dave are planning on playing on this saturday at his place in yongsan. my number is on the original post, let us know if you can make it.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to the power of hot needles and bandages, I feel pretty good, so count me in for Saturday as well.

I can bring an extra controller for anyone if need be, but I probably won't get there until 5ish because of my private.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
@Everybody
you won't believe how small my place is LOL
we can run doubles Naisuuu~~~

Directions:
Take Line 4 (light blue) to SookDae (Sookmyung Women's University) between Samgakji and Seoul Stn. I'll get you from there.

@Shinku
hey welcome
pm inbound, call me when you get here
BOSAN? you're sort of close to Brett but far from me looks like?
i have extra controllers too and you can buy one from me too

@Ray
you gotta show me cacaotalk i keep hearing about it
i don't remember which controller but it might be going to Shinku LOL

@Brett
damn... but at least you got to go!! and anytime's fine

Shinku

Smash Champion
its no big deal, im pretty sure i can find a gc controller

everything looks pretty good, i appreciate all the info. just need to know whats a good time for yall

Shinku

Smash Champion
sweet sounds like fun

just got back, dave thanks for letting me crash, i had alot of fun playing and meeting you guys. i definitely wouldn't mind doing this again some other weekend.

~hadouken

Shinku

Smash Champion
WEATHER REPORT http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/47117.html

Maybe tomorrow, I can host. I'll prly be out all Saturday morning. Give me a call if you're in Seoul. Right now is sunny and way humid, but that can change quick.
never mind dave man. just had final form and no one is allowed to leave post due to damage from the flood and ****. sorry man. really upset over this. hopefully itll change or i have to wait next week :mad:

also cells broke, gotta get a new one (idk when but eventually)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hopefully we get some games going soon. i have the whole upcoming week off. i'll be working on my game a little. if anyone wants to play, let me knozzz

Top Bottom