• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOUTH KOREA SMASH (player finder/info)

myl197

Smash Apprentice
goods hit, marcus. i really need to play somebody in this friggin country. i have played since you left
Ray remember playing Dominic at my place? He's still in korea looking for people to play. I just talked to him. His smashboards name is QraQ. You guys can play.

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
i'll be moving out to korea sometime soon probably early june, hope to see you all and play some melee!

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I should be more active, but I've been super busy ever since my boss decided to fire one of the teachers and give me a ton of extra work.

Plus, I'm playing more TvC! But yeah, I wouldn't mind smashing next week if anyone else is down.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Hi, i'm new to Seoul and want to play.

My system and controllers are in transit and will take about a month to get here:<

Where can i find a controller to buy in the meantime?

Anything regular happening?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
sup indie dave. Welcome to Korea. for new people, please try to post brawl or melee first. Also read the first post for more detailed info.

I'm the only person in the Seoul Metro area that is Melee-only, most of the current smashers are primarily brawlers. I have a set up and my own place in Pyeongchon. If you wanna play, feel free to call or post

edit: you can get controllers at the tech marts, they're all over the place. Really depends on where. I bought a new emerald controller for 18, which was a steal

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Melee. Your little sister will **** me at brawl, not really what i'm looking for.. but i'm decent at melee.

Thx for the controller tips, that is a sweet deal. Idk where the techmarts might be but i'll ask around

I'm at Yongsan, near Itaewon. Looks like you're a ways south from me, on the way to Osan?

edit:
main: fox. cheap prick, i know

aim: indyamtr

phone: pm me

timeline: i'll be here for one year, maybe 2

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm the only brawler in the Seoul metro area (everyone else is 2-3 hours away), but I wouldn't mind playing melee at this point (it'd at least give me a chance to practice Mario).

There's a Technomart in Gangbyeon and you could also try checking out Yongsan Electronics Market.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Cherryyy i'll look those up.

I'm super rusty not having played in months, it'll be good practice either way

Anybody else on Yongsan base?? I'm free at weird times since my work sked is so irregular.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yea, brett if you want to host a smashfest too that's be fine. we haven't seen each other in a whiles.

i'll check back reguarly this week, maybe we can play this saturday or sunday. i would finally love to play. i haven't played since marcus left

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
ok, for now i'll set a date and time for a smashfest in pyeongchon(평촌) line 4. 2pm on saturday April 9th. call or text me if you want in. 010-8484-6137.

not sure who is willing to come out, but i'll be here. If brett or someone else wants to host, i'm totally willing to change the location and travel.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
kk 2pm, 4호선 southbound from center-city at Pyeongchon Stn? i'm oncall at the hospital ER, so if anything comes up i'll let you know. should be good to go though

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yup, exactly right. i live right next to pyeongchon station. btw, anyone can come. this smashfest is pretty open to anyone up for melee or tekken6. i only have a gamecube and ps3, no wii. i also have only one setup.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
My offistel is pretty sweet (complete with a couch!), but it doesn't make sense for me to host considering how close Ray and Dave are to each other (unless some reason comes up where you guys can't host, I don't mind being a backup).

Also, I have a private lesson from 2:30-4:30, so how long are you guys planning on smashing? I'll probably make it to Ray's by 5:30.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
actually i was hoping you'd introduce LOL

besides not drooling over yongsan/itaewon girls :oneeye: ... this last weekend wouldve been just as productive smashing as it was at the Grand Ol' Opry, complete with confederate flag LOL

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i might have plans later on saturday night. i'm pretty sure i can play till 8-9ish.

brett, if you want to bring your wii that's cool. i have an HD flatscreen tv that has very minimal lag, it's not as bad as marcus' but for some reason i notice it with only cap falcon.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring Melee/Brawl/Project M/TvC.

I suck balls at TvC but it's kind of fun and a superbly balanced game except for Zero.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
hey indie dave you know that I live right next to the Yongsan base which makes me your next door neighbor? I can see your base from my apartment. I'll be back in Seoul late May and looking forward to meeting/playing you and everyone else in korea. We can possibly get melee doubles going on when I'm back. :)

indie_dave

Smash Ace
this is shaping up really well but looks like i will be away for a month from mid april to late may >_<

edit: myl197 dude sick! as soon as i'm back it's so on lol

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
sounds like we're all on board to saturday. if anyone else is interested, please send me a text or call before you get here. even those i'm very close to pyeongchon station, you'll need a couple simple directions to find my place.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
good games guys, it was really fun playing. thanks for making out the trip to pyeongchon, i hope you guys enjoyed the time here.

let's get more games later on and try to schedule stuff in.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
sick session thanks for hosting Ray and making it out Brett gg

just put a smashfest out there and i'll see what i can do

so glad i'm not the best player here:>

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
GGs everyone and for reminding me Smash is too good.

Let's shoot for something once May rolls around.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
anybody wanna get together before i leave next sunday? i'll be back at the end of may, after just meeting you guys :V

and whats up with QraQ where's he at??

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Thx for the invite Ray. There's an off-chance i'll be called in for field preparations. Hopefully I'll know by tomorrow and get back to you because that'd mean Saturday's off :<

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll let you guys know if I can smash by tomorrow. If I can smash, would anyone mind me hosting?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
if you can play i'll be willing to head up there. haven't seen your new place yet.

that said, try to let me know by friday if you're going to be able to play. i wanna know what's happening in case i have to host myself.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I would opt for my place, if for no other reason than to see if it's any more convenient than Ray's (maybe).

I think for Dave it's really easy since Yongsan is on the Jungang line so you just ride that to Guri.

For Ray, I'm also positive it would be easier to avoid the subway and see if you you could find a bus that takes you to either Doldari station (this is actually a fairly major station so you might hit pay dirt) or Guri station. For a frame of reference my place is about 30 minutes past Marcus'.

Top Bottom