• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOUTH KOREA SMASH (player finder/info)

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about starting it around in the afternoon (2-4) so everyone can sleep in.

I live in Guri, my house is closest to Doldari bus station. Slightly farther (like 2 minutes walking) are Guri train station and Guri bus station. Pick whichever one you want to go.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
BTW Ray, one of my coworkers is having a little birthday celebration not far from where I live (starting 10-11) and you're more than welcome to come.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
ggs to Dave for making it out to my place and giving me donuts

ggs to Ray for making it out to my place and joining in a truly bizarre night

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
what a ridiculous night. i'll remember that one for a while. we should do it again LOL. GGs to brett for hosting and shiet.

btw, i got home at like 9am cuz i fell asleep on the subway

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I got home around 8 myself. Normally I chill with the normal coworkers (Dave saw a few) and anyone is welcome when we go to a baseball game or something.

The Cliffnotes version for Dave:

bar -> booking club (not our idea, two sad mother****ers wanted to do it) -> somehow jumped into a windowless black van -> arrive at a bar (which I'm like 90 percent sure was for gay dudes) -> fled bar once realized we had to pay 80000 in surprise cover fees -> attempt to hide in a massage parlor (nothing freaky I just wanted a massage) -> accidentally went into a jerkoff PC bang to hide and quickly left -> found a norebang and sang for an hour (we sing a few songs with a strange Korean lady) -> went home and passed out

I always try to tell people that I don't go looking for crazy **** (like my tittay whiskey shot story or my getting molested in Hongdae story) it just happens. I'm glad Ray got a tiny glimpse of my life in Korea.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Ney I'm in Seoul till the 10th. Anyone want to get something together? I'm bout to leave so I had to send a bunch of my stuff home (including my GC remote). So if anyone is willing to spot me one, I don't slam buttons n **** lol.
Anyways hit me up on my fb later.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
my number is 010-8484-6137 and i live in pyeongchon(평촌) line 4 stop 441.

all day thursday is good for me. plenty of places in my area to eat and relax. i'm less than a 5 min walk to the station

QraQ

Smash Ace
my number is 010-8484-6137 and i live in pyeongchon(평촌) line 4 stop 441.

all day thursday is good for me. plenty of places in my area to eat and relax. i'm less than a 5 min walk to the station
Holy ****. Pyeongchon is so far away from me. I'm staying in Ilsan right now LOL.
I'll get back to you =P.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
I've been seeing some new faces on this thread...

Would anyone be interested in Brawling sometime this weekend, or Monday or Tuesday? I've got Monday and Tuesday off for Buddha's Birthday, and I was thinking I might head to Seoul to do some warm-weather clothes-shopping.

(I'll play Melee, too, but I'm awful at it so I'd only join a melee if there were several other people already gathered, since I don't want to waste anyone's time.)

BTW, Brett, I've been working on Falco a bit and given up on ICs, so hopefully I'll give you a more varied experience this time around if we meet ;-)

EDIT: oh and just to reiterate in case anybody new is interested in playing, as far as a setup goes, I've got a wii, brawl, 3 GC controllers, and a small lagless tv...though I'd probably only bring the tv if several people came

indie_dave

Smash Ace
I'm in Madu and Paju isn't too far from me. Do you have a setup and 2 gc controllers?
Since your location says Gunsan I'll assume AF but I'm sure you understand what FTX means ;)

Not exactly roughing it and I'm barely outside in the field (ops all day), but no setup man, sorry :c

Friday if Ray or Brett hosts near Seoul, yes???

I've been seeing some new faces on this thread...
Hey we'll definitely get together sometime! Melee plz

Are you in Seoul and til when?

Friday evening is the only time free I'll have in Seoul until I get back from Paju at the end of the month.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Ohmu, I could definitely do something this weekend.

Also, is anything happening at Ray's tomorrow?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i made plans for thursday afternoon. I could play thursday night, but it doesn't seem like there's that much interest. but i have both thurs and friday off. i can still play friday

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
let's shoot for Friday May 6th at 2pm. Give me a call if you're interested. i'm sure we'll play for a good while if others are interested in coming later

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Right on! I'll call before getting to the station. Looks like I get dropped at Yongsan around 4pm and need to run a few quick errands so hopefully I can get there around 5???

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
let's shoot for Friday May 6th at 2pm. Give me a call if you're interested. i'm sure we'll play for a good while if others are interested in coming later
I'd enjoy coming to this (if you'd be willing to suffer my horrible lack of melee ability), but I wouldn't be able to arrive until 8PM at the absolute earliest, and I would need to find a place nearby to sleep for the night (hostel, love motel, or maybe jjimjilbang). ... I know you said you'd be playing smash for a while, but do you think you'd be playing long enough to warrant me meeting up with you guys? What are your plans for the evening?

And Brett:

Ohmu, I could definitely do something this weekend.
Also, is anything happening at Ray's tomorrow?
Are you coming to Ray's on Friday? If so, I might bring my tv if you brought your wii and stuff, and we could have an extra setup. If you're not coming to Ray's, or if I can't make it there, I can meet up with you on Saturday. What do you think?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
5pm is ok for me.

edit: pretty sure brett is working on friday. tbh, i don't know if it's worth the effort for 2 melee players. and dave prolly has to head out around 11pm to catch the last train. 5-6 hours is just ok.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
tbh, i don't know if it's worth the effort for 2 melee players. and dave prolly has to head out around 11pm to catch the last train. 5-6 hours is just ok.
No worries, maybe I'll catch you some other time.

Yeah, I work Friday so I can't do that, but Saturday is definitely possible.
Cool. I can arrive at 구리역 (Guri Stn.) anytime after 2PM on Saturday. (I'm assuming that's the station closest to you.) What's the easiest way to get from there to your officetel? I've got no problem walking a long time, as long as the route on the ground isn't complicated. (I'm planning on coming to Seoul by train and arriving at 상봉역 on the no. 7 line, about 10 minutes and one transfer from 구리역.)

I don't know what your plans are for the evening, but I'd be up for carousing a bit if you were interested. I'm probably going to stay at a hostel about 30 minutes from 구리역 by subway, but if you were up for some drinking I might try to stay closer to Guri to avoid getting cut off by subways closing, in which case I might ask you for a recommendation as to a good jjimjilbang/love motel/ hostel in the area.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, after 2 is no problem. I can meet you at Guri station since my offistel is literally 5 minutes away from the station.

As far as Saturday night goes, I think another one of my co-worker's is having his birthday on Saturday so I might go to that. I'll know more about it tomorrow.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
dave, i can buy one at the namboo tech mart if you want, and you can pay me back.

that said, i'm not sure if you wanna trust my sense of controllers. everyone has their own feel

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, after 2 is no problem. I can meet you at Guri station since my offistel is literally 5 minutes away from the station.
Alright, cool. I'll call you sometime after 2 (hopefully between 2-2:30, I'm not sure how long everything'll take because I'm using a route I've never used to get to Seoul) when I'm at the station. I'll just bring 2 controllers. (I don't think I have the heart to bring the tv this time, lol.)

And you're in luck - I just bottled some makgeolli today, so you'll actually get to try some this time ;-) It's really good...

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Sup gaiz, I'm from Australia mooiite.. Going to be teaching in Korea soon on a yearly contract. I'll be situated close to Seoul probably. One of the top Aus melee smashers (3rd on the national PR, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ux7u9gc1ME - SNSD represent c: ) and would be looking to meeting up with a few of you for smash/drunks/sight seeing etc. My korean is pretty scrubby atm, have alot of books and downloaded tutes tho.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
guys I'll be back in Korea in 2 weeks and will be there for a month. Looking forward to playing with everyone again! Soike, I just saw that video you linked. Good stuff! When exactly do u come to korea?

Top Bottom