• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOUTH KOREA SMASH (player finder/info)

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
Hey, great games Brett! Those matches were like balm for my smash-hungry soul. I look forward to meeting again sometime. Next time I'll try not to be hungover so I can stay out late and/or get drinks.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I won't be so broke next time so I can do stuff. I think I'm sloooowly figuring out Sheik vs DDD, but god is it annoying.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
Oh, hey, fellow smashers -

I'll be in Seoul around the weekend of June 3-5, since I just signed up for a one-time job as a proctor for some sort of English-language financial exam on that Sunday. I'll probably (crosses fingers) have Friday night (June 3rd) free after 8 or so for smash and/or drinking (and if not that, I should have time Saturday afternoon)... anyone likely to be free then? (Brett?)

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Thanks again Ray!

Back in Seoul in about a week! I'll be really busy for the first 2 weeks back but I should be able to make time if anybody wants to get together. When my cube finally gets here, if you guys can get onto Yongsan I'll be glad to host.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
no prob dave. enjoy that sexy controller.

as long as my schedule permits, I'm always down to play. I realized i want to sharpen up my captain falcon. dave was giving me the business with those fox/doc nairsss. too legit.

marcus, when you coming back ?

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Roger that Boss. I'm pretty sure you busted out your main for only 2 matches at the end of the night and I couldn't even touch you then. My chars need plenty of work too :cool:

There's gonna be a badass smashfest in Japan this summer with CJ and BS.
Brett, I think you mentioned knowing the same ppl i know from WA -- looks like Toph's putting it together with Vish and one of my friends from HI.

Also, Unco Spam sez I can't go there NUUUUUUUUU

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
The only melee guy I really know is Eggz. I just know of Toph and Vish, but they both seem pretty chill.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
no prob dave. enjoy that sexy controller.

as long as my schedule permits, I'm always down to play. I realized i want to sharpen up my captain falcon. dave was giving me the business with those fox/doc nairsss. too legit.

marcus, when you coming back ?
I'm gonna be back in Seoul starting from this Sunday so if you or anyone else is down, let us play!

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
HBC fest sucked ****! I should've smashed.

I've got a private this weekend so anything I'd do would be late unless it was on Sunday, but I'd like to throw down with Marcus sometime.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
What time Sunday are you thinking?

That'd prly be the best day for me too since my folks flew in for a short trip and fly out Friday evening, and I might have a 소개팅 with a hot piano major on Saturday or Sunday XD I'm also trying to go 영락교회 regularly on Sundays at 3pm in 명동 but i can easily find a service in the morning instead too

In any case I have no idea when my household shipment gets in and so anybody hosting with a cube I'm down to visit

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
What kind of lodging will 22,000 won get you in Seoul?

Two nights in a tent in Hongdae, apparently. Just made my reservation...Hope it's not cold at night:urg:

On that note, it's official - I'll be in Seoul and available for Smash and/or carousing next Saturday (June 4) after 2PM, next Sunday (June 5) after 6PM, and most of next Monday, too. Miiight be around next Friday (6/3), also, but not sure.

Hit me up! 010-2626-3185

EDIT: P.S. - what ever happened to the Japan section of the international regions on the forum?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
The Japan thread is still there, it's just that the forum filter gets rid of anything that's a month old.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Just to throw this out there, I'm willing to host
The biggest benefit being i got a medium CRT; otherwise it seems more convenient to meetup elsewhere, but here's some pros/cons...

Benefits:
CRT!
central location, easier for Ray to get than for Brett
working toilet LOL
American junk food LOL

Downsides:
No cube yet, shipping company is late :<
Real small room...smaller than a given officetel
idk how to get the A/C to work :<
Walking to my place is a small hike, plus security check at gate LOL
American junk food...

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
Sunday can do
You mentioned you were up for hosting - where do you live? Anybody else available on Sunday 6/5?

And just to warn you Dave, I only have a wii and Brawl and Project M, so if it were just the two of us we couldn't play melee (seeing as how you don't have your cube yet). BTW, I'm actually pretty bad at melee (only really played Brawl competitively), just to warn you. I'm even worse at Project M, since I usually played Peach and Jigglypuff in melee, and they aren't in Project M yet. But I'll still play melee if someone else brings it.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
gg's everybody

Ohmu, I live in Yongsan.

I work early on Monday so can't stay out late Sunday

Couldn't ever l2p Brawl, sry:<

Guaranteed you'll get real good at melee if you hang around us enough.

If you want to order a melee disc, you can field the shipment through my USPS address prly for cheaper than international rates

indie_dave

Smash Ace
^Missed out:<

Post next one prease

Oh so there's a tourney in Osaka, 2011 July 2 so uhhh I should try to get good LOL

Toph says there's himself and Vish at least from the states playing, maybe Joel too, and some random Australians.

Registered player list here, lotta tags I'm not familiar with.

The boss says Japan's not off-limits so gonna request leave 4th of July weekend>:3

I'll prly KRX/bus to Busan then a free shuttle to south Honshu

Anybody else in?

**** CLINIC

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
@-@

Fox is dumb.

Anyways, thanks for coming out while I was gimping around. We should definitely try to make it to Dave's next time since he has the best spot travel wise.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Take it easy.

I wanted to send a reply text, but my phone is out of money. August should be pretty ****, since I'll have some extra time to relax after I get back from my trip to Jeju.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
I'll be in Seoul for the last time this Saturday evening on the 25th. After that, I'm flying back to the States. You up for Brawling, Brett? Or, barring that, anyone up for melee?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely up for brawling; the weather this week is going to be poopy and I'm still gimpy.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
I am definitely up for brawling; the weather this week is going to be poopy and I'm still gimpy.
Awesome. :) I should be able to make it to your place sometime between 4 and 6 p.m. on Saturday; I don't know exactly. How's that sound?

By the way, are there any jjimjilbangs/cheap love motels in your area in case I wanted to crash there?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
There is literally an entire market filled with love motels right across the street from me.

lastprime

Smash Rookie
Hi all - I would love to play smash (melee or brawl) with some people!
I live in Bucheon but I don't mind travelling. I'm actually leaving Korea next Tuesday but I'll be returning in mid-late August. I don't have a cell phone but I can be quickly reached via email at 1machack at gmail dot com.

Ohmu

Smash Apprentice
Good games, Brett. I feel re-infected with smash obsession. :bee: BTW, I did find a jjimjilbang Saturday night. A huge one, actually! What a strange place. (If those things existed in America, people would get molested all the time.) Awesome price - 9,000 won. Those things beat the crap out of hostels, especially considering that there's 24 hour check-in and you don't need a reservation.

Actually, despite my earlier assertions to the contrary, I miiiight be up for playing Brawl again in Seoul sometime during the next week, since I've got off from Tuesday - Sunday and the weather shows no signs of improvement. It would be cool if Lastprime (the above poster) could come, too, since Guri is a good middle point between Bucheon (Lastprime's digs) and me. This brief window of time from now till next Tuesday may be the last time there are ever three brawlers in Korea. :(

Either way, Lastprime, are you free anytime between Tuesday and Sunday? and BTW, what's your "smash history?" (e.g., what region are you from, your main, all that jazz)

lastprime

Smash Rookie
ahh sorry by next tuesday i meant this tuesday (today) ;( I woulda loved to come otherwise. I've been a casual player just getting into competitive smash, so I would be very noob compared to you guys ><. If it is of any interest, I'm from Boston and my favorite characters are Marth and Falco

Top Bottom