• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Source Gaming] Sakurai Discusses the Final DLC Choices

In a brand new Famitsu Column, translated by Source Gaming, Sakurai discusses his selection of Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta for the final DLC on Smash for Wii U/ 3DS.

He begins with Cloud,

Having a representative from Final Fantasy is an amazing feat! And the character that was the overwhelming favorite among the cast of Final Fantasy was Cloud. Wielding his massive Buster Sword with ease in one hand, he has speed, reach, and power. If left unadjusted, he’d definitely be overpowered. After thinking about how I would approach this character, I decided his swordsmanship style would utilize the concept of “swinging through,” which is exemplified in his forward smash. This move has Cloud build up some power before swing three times at high speed. It maintains his speed and reach, but is balanced by having a window of vulnerability before the attack. And he’s fast, but his recovery is weak.
He continues with Corrin,

After internal analysis, we decided that if we’re going to make DLC, we would choose a character from a soon-to-be-released new game. After consulting many times with Nintendo and looking at the upcoming release schedule, Fire Emblem Fates was in just the right spot. It’s already been released in Japan, but is yet to be released overseas, making it a prime candidate in terms of timing. I personally felt that having too many Fire Emblem characters was a problem, but after talking it over with the development staff and discussing logistics, I felt certain that I could make them a fun character.
To read the rest of the interview, check out the full translation on Source Gaming.

PushDustIn is excited for these upcoming characters. Who do you look forward to? Sound off on Twitter.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

Yeah, whatever. We're just arguing over a bunch of "what-if" scenarios.

What I'm saying is if they didn't even create Lucina at all, whether as an alternate, as a clone, as a model, whatever, they would've had time for something else.

You don't know this though, and neither do I. It's just a "what-if".

Isn't it just common knowledge that Roy is a clone of Marth, not the other way around?

The people who come in and get off on themselves over the salty people are worse than the salty people, plus, I haven't really even seen many salty people in this thread.
is not a what if scenario. He is directly talking about things Sakurai has said several times over and over but people seem to ignore because complaining is apparently easier to do.

"(after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes)."
Yup, saw THAT coming.
Every time I saw people going "I voted for this character TWICE" I internally said, "MIGHT NOT WORK STOP"

Though what if you voted from multiple devices/ or you can change your IP?
That's why I said "MIGHT NOT WORK."
Depending on how thorough you were, you could get away with it.
But I did see a few people that were genuinely saying "I just spent like 10 minutes voting for ___________ over and over again" or "It's so easy to rig the vote, just copy and paste. They won't have enough time to go through EVERY vote!"
So I know that some people did that.

I still find it mind boggling that when they were looking for characters to promote upcoming releases, they passed over Wolf, who was a veteran from Brawl.
Really wish he would say something regarding Wolf and to an extent, Snake.
Do you know how disappointing it would have been if we got another veteran as DLC? Honestly, Sakurai's reasoning is pretty sound and Corrin's inclusion is probably the best choice with his reasoning in mind. I'm also saying this as someone who didn't even have Corrin on his radar of wanted DLC characters.

The US isn't the only place in the world.

honestly there were so many other good choices instead of another FE character. cause if you look at the roster now it would look so fake three years ago with pacman, cloud, ryu, bayonetta, megaman, mewtwo, and duck hunt: id think you were full of ****.

heres a nice list of people they could of had instead of another FE person:
kindly ask for Snake back
banjo
slippy (or other SF character, wolf?)
gordo
a minecraft guy (if they are going the advertisement route)
K.K. Slider
Sora (i mean if you are already talking to Square why not?)
Dixie Kong
MIssingno (if they wanna joke)
crash bandicoot (i bet naughty dog could woop up something)
Rayman (please the already joke that was out there)
Shovel Knight (the one everyone asked for plus he already has a god damn amiibo)

theres 13 i thought of in under 30 minutes. but no. you had to pick a FE. sigh
Snake: Konami is dead and is taking Metal Gear with it, this would never happen.
banjo:Microsoft, nuff said (Phil Spencer saying he's OK with it means nothing)
slippy/Wolf: No, Slippy is as likely as Toad is and we didn't need anymore veterans as DLC
gordo: who?
a minecraft guy: People would have been only more mad.
K.K. Slider: No.
Sora: Disney owns Sora so never happening unless Nintendo wants to pay out a but ton of money.
Dixie Kong: Better than Corrin no.
MIssingno:This is a joke
crash bandicoot: Highly unlikley
Rayman: This is fine
Shovel Knight: Amiibo that YC asked for, and it's not even a Smash Amiibo, and he'd just be a sword user with a shovel.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I said "MIGHT NOT WORK."
Depending on how thorough you were, you could get away with it.
But I did see a few people that were genuinely saying "I just spent like 10 minutes voting for ___________ over and over again" or "It's so easy to rig the vote, just copy and paste. They won't have enough time to go through EVERY vote!"
So I know that some people did that.
So what if you voted multiple times, but changed the wording every time. I was personally very thorough with my votes. If they did it by IP address than that explains it.

but Wolf is not a new character, they wanted a new character to add to the roster whether if its from Fire Emblem or not. It wouldn't make sense that they would waste that on a veteran character. Just like how Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas were added to the game. Wolf would have gotten that same treatment if they really wanted him back. I would have not been hyped if the Ballot or Upcoming character was someone I have seen from the last game. I would be happy for the Wolf fans who wanted them but Wolf would have been an easy character to import back so wasting all of the hype speculation for a Veteran character wouldn't do it.

I'm not a big FE fan but if you are going to end the DLC, then bring fresh blood to the roster and thats what they did.
That is true. Bringing him back would be a letdown if he was the final DLC, which is why he should have been released, like, two months ago.
I honestly hate cuts, which is why they should port the game, that way none of the 1st party characters get cut, and they can easily add back in all the cut 1st party characters. 3rd parties are a different story due to licensing issues, but they should still try to bring all of them back.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4drmario::rosalina::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::younglinkmelee::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
:popo::4rob::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4olimar::4fox::4falco::wolf::4falcon::4littlemac:
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::pichumelee::4mewtwo::4charizard::squirtle::ivysaur::4lucario::4greninja::4ness::4lucas:
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin::4villager::4shulk::4wiifit::4duckhunt::4gaw:
:snake::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
That's all 65 characters from previous smash games, now you just add in 15-20 newcomers.
Of all of the 65 veterans, Young Link would probably be the toughest call. He got replaced by Toon Link in Brawl, who also appeared in Smash 4. If ANY of the veterans would not return in Smash 5, I'd say Young Link would get the ax mainly because Toon Link's games are better-noticed and has made more appearances in recent years.

As for the newcomers, BOY there are so many. Any ideas on who could be next in line for the Smash 5 roster assuming Sakurai took charge again (which is very unlikely)?
The whole Fan Service he was referring too was most likely the ballot.
Fan service my ***. Sakurai went with the European winner (probably because the North American ballot was full of spam), whereas EVERYTHING ELSE was their choosing.

Takamaru
Ashley
Dillon
K. Rool
Dixie
Toad (Captain Toad)
Impa
Inklings

(NEWCOMERS WISE)

I feel like could be possible candidates on the top of my head of having a chance next time around.

Oh, and if things go right, maybe Ridley too...

:nervous:.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="RIP|
I've only worked in some indie RPG development, but I can't imagine making a character like Inkling work is as easy as just saying what they will do and hitting the magic character making button, and suddenly we have Inkling. If that was a top contender for the ballot winner, I can already imagine so much going wrong with the ink mechanic having to work for every stage in Smash to date, including custom stages. Would be amazing to see what could be done with that in a Smash 5 some year. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm no expert but I don't think the Ink mechanic would be that hard to implement. Couldn't you just have the ink cover anything that is registered as a floor or a wall?

That is true. Bringing him back would be a letdown if he was the final DLC, which is why he should have been released, like, two months ago.

Of all of the 65 veterans, Young Link would probably be the toughest call. He got replaced by Toon Link in Brawl, who also appeared in Smash 4. If ANY of the veterans would not return in Smash 5, I'd say Young Link would get the ax mainly because Toon Link's games are better-noticed and has made more appearances in recent years.

As for the newcomers, BOY there are so many. Any ideas on who could be next in line for the Smash 5 roster assuming Sakurai took charge again (which is very unlikely)?

Fan service my ***. Sakurai went with the European winner (probably because the North American ballot was full of spam), whereas EVERYTHING ELSE was their choosing.
For Young Link he could get a Majora's mask moveset.

Here are the 20-25 I would add,
1. Captain Toad (Mario)
2. Waluigi (Wario)
3. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
4. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
5. Impa (Zelda)
6. Ridley (Metroid)
7. Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
8. Krystal (Starfox)
9. Black Shadow (F-Zero)
10. Sami (Advance Wars)
11. Sturm (Advance Wars)
12. Pious (Eternal Darkness)
13. Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe)
14. Isaac (Golden sun)
15. Inklings/Octolings/Squid sisters (Splatoon)
16. Hunter/ Rosie/Vivian/Snivels (Fossil Fighters)
17. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
18. Daisy (Mario)
19. Ray MK II (Custom Robo)
20. Sukapon (Joy Mech fight)
21. Pokemon ballot character (personal vote: Lysandre)
22. 1st party ballot character (personal vote:Dillon)
23. 1st party ballot character
24. 3rd party ballot character (personal vote: Shrek)
25. 3rd party ballot character
For a total of 85-90 characters
Note there would be 3 different ballots which start when the first trailer for the game is shown and end when the game releases.
The three different ballots are,
1. Pokemon ballot
This will allow the fans to pick their next Pokemon rep
2. First party ballot, not counting Pokemon the top 2 first party characters will be chosen.
3. Third party ballot, the top 2 negotiable characters will be chosen.
Ballot characters would be DLC
Once all characters have been added. Production on story mode with cutscenes will begin. Different stories will be released, some will be based on episodes of the smash anime, and come packaged with character costumes for the story.
note. personal vote is just who I would vote for, not necessarily the winner.

Last edited:
banjo:Microsoft, nuff said (Phil Spencer saying he's OK with it means nothing)
Finally, someone gets it.

But they should have AT LEAST told you they were going to track your IP. What they did was pretty much BS. If I want to change my choice so be it as well.

I appreciate the amount of effort Sakurai put into the game but I am still not forgiving the over abundance of Swordmen over iconic mascots. The fact they are pushing FE this much has made me NOT want to try any of the games. I can understand not putting in Inkling due to limitations of either the 3DS or Wii U (blame if they wanted Ink physics, But not changing the Mii Gunner effects to paint splats and whatnot was a huge flip up.)

Bayonetta, I was skeptical. I don't mind her, I quite like her and she's sadly the only DLC I'm getting other than Ryu. But giving both Sega and Capcom 2 reps while giving Namco only ONE is inexcusable. There were plenty of choices: Dig Dug, Klonoa, Mr. Driller... And while Pac-Man was my most wanted, It still feels unjustified. Not to mention Pac-Man was denied from Brawl despite him being perfectly capable with the Pac-Man World games. And those games STILL aren't represented in Smash.

But good god, Please don't go as far as to say Sakurai should die or be denied an award like Kojima. Even if I disagree with some of his decisions I am glad he gave us the best Smash game by far. That is all.

lol, well if you think about it. The US fan base most likely threw some of the most far fetched suggestions for characters than any other region. You should hear some of the character choices people were suggesting. Then people were requesting characters from past smash games for the ballot which was completely stupid. They still have resources for those characters and if they really wanted them to return, they would have done it (Wolf).

So I can almost bet that when Sakurai looked at the list and saw some of the Veteran characters on the ballot, they blatantly skipped over it. Now as far as Bayonetta is concerned I am pretty sure that she was consistent from maybe Top 5-10 in multiple regions. I can tell you King K. Rool, Banjo, and Sora was probably not in the Top in Japan or other countries but The US. Bayonetta was most likely In top 5 in Japan, number 1 in Europe and in the Top 5 for the US. So she was consistent all the way through, regardless of what number she placed in.

Not only that, Bayonetta was on the Wii U and Nintendo is pretty much responsible for reviving the franchise, so it wouldnt take much to negotiate her to be in this game. I didnt vote for her but she is still a good addition to the game regardless.

So in a way its still fan service for those who wanted her in the game.

I appreciate the amount of effort Sakurai put into the game but I am still not forgiving the over abundance of Swordmen over iconic mascots. The fact they are pushing FE this much has made me NOT want to try any of the games. I can understand not putting in Inkling due to limitations of either the 3DS or Wii U (blame if they wanted Ink physics, But not changing the Mii Gunner effects to paint splats and whatnot was a huge flip up.)
There are ways around that, maybe their specials could have them laying out a trail of ink that vanishes instantly, ex. the inkling uses the roller for side b and it leaves a trail of ink behind that starts vanishing as the inkling gets further away from it. Though we really need to know what realizable means.

I'm sorry that those who wanted Inkling didn't get it, but please stop saying that implementing its ink arsenal wouldn't have been a big of a deal and could have been easily been worked around. Do you guys even game design?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/73017398?page=26

Of note is that even though Inkling was originally placed into Irrelevant its numbers were a rather considerable percentage that couldn't be outright ignored, though the character was ultimately deemed too cost inefficient due to having to modify the game's existing engine considerably to feasibly portray the character's unique liquid arsenal and skillset, thus resulting in their Mii Equipment."
As you can see, having to change the game's engine just for the sake of adding one character doesn't seem like a viable choice.

Also,

5. "Irrelevant" characters were placed on the back burner.
Unlike Impossible characters Irrelevant choices weren't being completely ignored but rather became the lowest priority because the dev team couldn't rationalize their potential inclusion over other choices to Nintendo's corporate heads and top investors.
This primarily consisted of characters that weren't deemed to have an immediate future in Nintendo marketing due either to having come from a franchise that came out too recently to properly guage interest (Splatoon), poor recent sales (Golden Sun), veterans that didn't make the starting roster (it was decided early on that only a single returning veteran would be chosen from each of Melee and Brawl, and the dev team held an internal vote that resulted in Lucas and Roy returning. All other veteran votes on the ballot were placed into Irrelevant unless if there was a huge explosion of popularity in multiple regions, but this never happened), or simply having gone unused for some time (King K. Rool or any Kong outside of Dixie Kong, classic NES/Famicom reps that didn't make it into the starting roster)
Speaking of something else,

Bayonetta, I was skeptical. I don't mind her, I quite like her and she's sadly the only DLC I'm getting other than Ryu. But giving both Sega and Capcom 2 reps while giving Namco only ONE is inexcusable. There were plenty of choices: Dig Dug, Klonoa, Mr. Driller... And while Pac-Man was my most wanted, It still feels unjustified. Not to mention Pac-Man was denied from Brawl despite him being perfectly capable with the Pac-Man World games. And those games STILL aren't represented in Smash.
And why do you people insist in making this a pissing contest between the third parties involved? So now they need to force another Namco character just because there are two Sega and two Capcom characters?
Sure, another addition wouldn't be bad, but your mistake is assuming that they HAVE to include one just because of Ryu and Bayo, as if Nintendo was somehow giving Namco the middle finger. Your rant is pretty much a stealth post in support of a personal want of yours disguised as charity towards Namco. The other problem with that is the characters you mentioned... see, me and a lot of others don't even know who they are but when it comes to Pacman, he is a video game legend of his own tier. And before you bring out Bayo, she was a ballot winner.

Last edited:
Bayonetta is Sega property isn't it? It only makes it more unfair. Doesn't help that they helped make your game especially.

I'll take any Namco rep alongside Pac TBH. Just as long as it isn't Generic Swordm- errr.. Llyoid Ivring.

Also not knowing Dig Dug of all things? Really?

Last edited:
Bayonetta is Sega property isn't it? It only makes it more unfair. Doesn't help that they helped make your game especially.

I'll take any Namco rep alongside Pac TBH. Just as long as it isn't Generic Swordm- errr.. Llyoid Ivring.

Also not knowing Dig Dug of all things? Really?
No Bayonetta is not Sega Property, the character is owned by platinum games and Sega only published it. Due to high reviews and poor sales of the first game, Sega left it to die. Sony didn't want to bother with the game either so Nintendo decided to publish Bayonetta in order to bring a a maturer audience to the Wii U Console. She is not Sega and I dunno where people is getting this idea from.

Digdug isn't especially popular lol, he had an arcade game in the 80s. All he's really had since then are re releases of his arcade game, no actual new entries in the series.

If Bayonetta was chosen because this was the top 5....
1. Goku
2. Shrek
3. Cory Baxter
4. Master Chief
5. Bayonetta

...Then I will agree, Very reasonable and thank god.

I disagree. If they didn't develop Corrin, they would've had time to develop a whole new character instead. If they didn't create Lucina, they would've had time to clone another character instead.
See, you would actually be wrong about that one in regards to Corrin.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/73017398?page=26

"You don't need fighting game experience to create a 3D model and fluid animations to pitch an idea.
Even amongst the Japanese there is a pretty solid consensus that there are too many "samey" swordsmen, so IS worked directly with Sakurai to flesh out the character and ensure that Kamui/Corrin would turn out to be a fully unique addition that shared almost nothing in common with the other Fire Emblem sword fighters. Several staff members from Platinum Games similarly worked on Bayonetta to ensure that she fit their own vision. The actual Smash team took over both characters afterward to play test and balance them."

On other accounts, the user claims that Nintendo brought in staff from IS to work on Corrin while the original Smash team would work on the ballot winners, Bayonetta and Cloud. Platinum and Square also did their share for their respective characters. Afterwards they simply pitched Corrin to Sakurai so that the team could work on testing. If all of this is legit, then no, then development time that "could have been" used for another character wasn't "wasted" on Corrin. He is not the reason your favorite character is not in the game.

And in regards to Lucina, her presence as well didn't prevent anyone from making the cut. Please don't pretend that another clone in her place would have been better; you would be *****ing about them as well and making the same argument against them. She was a late minute addition and her inclusion didn't affect the game for the worse. No, the lack of Lucina wouldn't have meant that the team would have done a major find or breakthrough in the game's balance or whatever (It could have prevented Sakurai or a couple of guys to take their lunch break a couple of hours later than usual though...but I don't see how that can impact the game's development). That argument is flawed in this context because you can simply take the phrase "If they hadn't done X, they could have done Y instead" and replace it with anything. "If they didn't spent time giving certain alt colors to some characters, we could have gotten a decloned Ganon instead!", "If they hadn't tweaked the fighters models to be always facing the screen, we could have one more character or stage" (Sakurai did claim that this took work). That is a terrible way to cope with the reality of the situation and it's made fallacious because you are simply pointing fingers at something you find undesirable and blaming it for something unrelated.

Last edited:
It's almost 2016 and people are still going on with that argument that is old as dirt? Clones take away nothing, period. Move on already.

Last edited:

"You don't need fighting game experience to create a 3D model and fluid animations to pitch an idea.
Even amongst the Japanese there is a pretty solid consensus that there are too many "samey" swordsmen, so IS worked directly with Sakurai to flesh out the character and ensure that Kamui/Corrin would turn out to be a fully unique addition that shared almost nothing in common with the other Fire Emblem sword fighters. Several staff members from Platinum Games similarly worked on Bayonetta to ensure that she fit their own vision. The actual Smash team took over both characters afterward to play test and balance them."

On other accounts, the user claims that Nintendo brought in staff from IS to work on Corrin while the original Smash team would work on the ballot winners, Bayonetta and Cloud. Platinum and Square also did their share for their respective characters. Afterwards they simply pitched Corrin to Sakurai so that the team could work on testing. If all of this is legit, then no, then development time that "could have been" used for another character wasn't "wasted" on Corrin. He is not the reason your favorite character is not in the game.

And in regards to Lucina, her presence as well didn't prevent anyone from making the cut. Please don't pretend that another clone in her place would have been better; you would be *****ing about them as well and making the same argument against them. She was a late minute addition and her inclusion didn't affect the game for the worse. No, the lack of Lucina wouldn't have meant that the team would have done a major find or breakthrough in the game's balance or whatever (It could have prevented Sakurai or a couple of guys to take their lunch break a couple of hours later than usual though...but I don't see how that can impact the game's development). That argument is flawed in this context because you can simply take the phrase "If they hadn't done X, they could have done Y instead" and replace it with anything. "If they didn't spent time giving certain alt colors to some characters, we could have gotten a decloned Ganon instead!", "If they hadn't tweaked the fighters models to be always facing the screen, we could have one more character or stage" (Sakurai did claim that this took work). That is a terrible way to cope with the reality of the situation and it's made fallacious because you are simply pointing fingers at something you find undesirable and blaming it for something unrelated.
It also claims that Lucario was originally going to be DLC, but was finished in time.:eek:
I also don't get why they decided to only do 1 brawl vet and 1 melee vet after 2 cut melee vets got in. It just seems a little unfair to brawl vets. I also don't get why they couldn't make Wolf a bonus DLC character like Mewtwo, where if you buy all the DLC you get him for free, but if not he's standard price.
:4mewtwo:-Bonus character (free if you own both versions)
:4lucas:-Brawl vet
:4feroy:-Melee vet
:4ryu:-Selected newcomer
:4cloud:-Chosen by devs?
:4corrin:-Advertisement
:4bayonetta:-Ballot winner?
:wolf:-Bonus character (Free if you buy all DLC)

I'm sorry that those who wanted Inkling didn't get it, but please stop saying that implementing its ink arsenal wouldn't have been a big of a deal and could have been easily been worked around. Do you guys even game design?

As you can see, having to change the game's engine just for the sake of adding one character doesn't seem like a viable choice.

Unless this guy has posted definitive proof that he is who he says he is, you should probably stop linking to his quotes as if he's legit. It makes you come off as gullible.

I'm not downplaying the complications of adding in a potential ink mechanic in a game engine not designed to accommodate it though.

That is a terrible way to cope with the reality of the situation and it's made fallacious because you are simply pointing fingers at something you find undesirable and blaming it for something unrelated.
Who said I cared? I'm not trying to point out anything, just pointing out common life logic.

I agree with Sakurai on this one. My one hope with Smash DLC is that we would get variety. Mewtwo and Lucas are great and I happily have Lucas as one of my mains I was more excited when Roy, Ryu and Cloud came out. Roy because they made changes to his character to actually make him play different from his melee incarnation and his design. Ryu and Cloud to me were amazing because while I knew where they came from they play a lot differently from other smash characters. If you're any good with traditional fighting games then you'd be able to take advantage of more powerful attacks with Ryu. And while Cloud play a bit like Shulk and Ike the limit system it adds a lot of interesting options when it comes to kill moves. I super hyped for Bayonetta not only because I love her games but she is radically different from any other fighter by far. And I'll admit it, I groaned a little bit when I saw that Corrin was yet another FE rep, but I can deny that his move set looks super cool. At the end of the day I pick up this game because I love playing characters with cool move sets and learning their ends and outs. And to me Bayo and Corrin are almost exactly what I wanted.

There are still plenty of Nintendo all stars, Advance Wars characters (Sami and Sturm), Eternal Darkness characters (Pious), Geist (Nintendo's first m rated First person game) (John Raimi, he looks like Tabuu) and some other cool retros like Mr. Stevenson from Gumshoe. Not to mention other characters like Wolf, Krystal, Bandanna Dee, Dixie, Chibi-Robo, and Isaac.
Speaking of which why wasn't Chibi-Robo used for promotion. His series is on the verge of extinction why didn't he get any smash promotion?
The problem with most of the characters you listed is that they're obscure or not relevant enough. Do you think any average non-gamer would be able to recognize Pious (who?) or Isaac? If you look at the first party newcomers that were added to this installment, a large portion of them were characters who debut in more recent games from this millennium.

The problem with most of the characters you listed is that they're obscure or not relevant enough. Do you think any average non-gamer would be able to recognize Pious (who?) or Isaac? If you look at the first party newcomers that were added to this installment, a large portion of them were characters who debut in more recent games from this millennium.
Well those are the characters I'd add in anyway, and hey who knows maybe there will be new games in those franchises by the time the next smash comes out. Also I doubt there would be alot of characters that debugged post 2008 left to choose from. Smash can revive any series too.

Last edited:
I also don't get why they couldn't make Wolf a bonus DLC character like Mewtwo, where if you buy all the DLC you get him for free, but if not he's standard price.
Either they are too lazy, or they have literally no money left to make Wolf, or they just like to troll.

Last edited:
Unless this guy has posted definitive proof that he is who he says he is, you should probably stop linking to his quotes as if he's legit. It makes you come off as gullible.

I'm not downplaying the complications of adding in a potential ink mechanic in a game engine not designed to accommodate it though.
It is true that there is no way to verify if what the guy is saying is the real deal right now; he claims he is using a friend's account and the posts where he wrote that information were deleted, I only managed to copy what he said from what other users quoted of his original message. It is hard to deny though that this might be a possibility and several of his claims make sense in a retrospective view. PushDustIn PushDustIn is tracking him down as of now though, so hopefully he can come up with a clearer picture. Take them with a grain of salt but they cannot be completely discarded yet.
And even then, I'm no less worse than the users speaking out of ignorance and claiming that everything about the ballot was a lie because they say so and because Sakurai is EEEEEVIL.

Last edited:
And even then, I'm no less worse than the users speaking out of ignorance and claiming that everything about the ballot was a lie because they say so and because Sakurai is EEEEEVIL.
While I can't speak for the ballot, Sakurai himself certainly did lie. Corrin was not "fanservice" in any way, shape, or form.

Why is this thread so toxic?
Because Zaktan decided to crash here for a bit,
:awesome:
(for those who don't know he spends most of his time with a giant toxic vat of ooze which he uses to make spheres that brainwash people)
Either they are too lazy, or they have literally no money left to make Wolf, or they just like to troll.
I'm pretty sure they have enough money so I'm going with 1 or 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom