• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sotp fail 6/26

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys that was bad. i fail. im not going to make excuses and i hope everyone has fun at GU. If i owe anyone anything just pm me so i dont forget. if GU needs me or a fee or anything let me know and i will cover it. sorry again.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
hey man i had fun keep the change. i just go to these things to play

i didn't make it out of pools anyway :-p

edit: is there any chance i left my cell phone at the venue? its like a verizon flipphone i think its samsung

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
The venue looked like it would be awesome for the type of stuff one would do in a bar (such as watching stand up comedy, drunk people attempting to sing karaoke, or painting naked people). But sadly, it's not a good tournament venue. :( There are other venues close by, we just have to find them.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
i apologize for my pool taking extra long. i was playing very campy and dragged out most of my matches.
this was not a brawl tournement. jk its no big deal, we didnt start doubles until like 2 and some people were in finals when pools were starting so they had to finish and couldnt do pools right away. we didnt have a laptop. evrything went wrong. it was poor planning on my part. i learned from this anyway.

and about the 21 plus thing, my friend who owns the place forgot we were doing the tourney, so he booked the other events overlapping the tourney. wtf right?

The venue looked like it would be awesome for the type of stuff one would do in a bar (such as watching stand up comedy, drunk people attempting to sing karaoke, or painting naked people). But sadly, it's not a good tournament venue. :( There are other venues close by, we just have to find them.
usually we have the entire place, but.... he forgot we were even doing it.

HaileyM

Smash Apprentice
I mean at the very least he should refund the money that people paid for venue.

For basically 150 dollars he scammed us out of a doubles tournament that barely finished, and a venue we only held for 5 hours before being kicked out. And might I add not asked to leave, literally told pack your **** and go.

-KevinM

Banks

Smash Hero
1. Jman
2. th0rn
3.G$
4. Arc
5. Banks
5. D1
7. Roman
7. ???

that's all i know for sure

super special shoutouts to everyone who stayed at mafia's after singles was done

and the main problem wasn't that people didn't get their money back, because i think most people did. it was just that everyone who got eliminated from pools didn't go to GU, and their entry was gone, so the pot got ***** by a lot

EastCoastJeff

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys, I had a good time anyway - first tournament I went to in a few years.

Thanks especially to Banks, KevinM, and Ryucloud for all the friendlies we played.

Also thanks to banyah87 for the ride, without whom I would've missed out on a whole lot of good smash.

New username too.. maybe I'll actually start posting on smashboards now.

Banks

Smash Hero
shoutout to jeff for being one of those guys who goes by a real name and turns out to be as good as the people with fake names

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Yo I had mad fun with all my intense and crazy friendlies.

Shoutouts:

Relax - **** you're soooo good.

Everyone else - wtf why didn't we play. (*********** by pools lol)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I didn't know there was a refund. I had to leave a bit early (but I guess everyone was kicked out soon afterwards anyways). My brother and I didn't make it out of pools. Do we get refunds?

D1

Banned via Administration
I wish someone could post full results that way I can shoutout everyone accordingly T__T.

I'll just go off the dome. Since there were 2 tournaments that weekend I'm gonna post the same shoutouts on both threads LOL.

Solar-You're definitely mad chill, ggz in teams, I don't remember if we played in singles but ggz in friendlies though. Thanks for lettin me share the bed w/ ya no homo! Watchin u vs. Mofo @ Mafia's was hilarious too, Mofo's so nasty w/ Ness.

Th0rn-Yo everyone was talkin about ur Falco on the ride back, we love your style of play man, its deifnitely mad fresh, and something new. Usually alotta ppl like to bite off of the FL Falcos, but you just bring your own style to the table and show that you definitely can be a contender with it as well. Such a smart player ggz btw! Thanks for all the friendlies yesterday, definitely was a pleasure playing w/ ya! Oh yeah and ggz!

Banks-Definitely a cool cat and great player as well! Banksyayogame50 in the FLESH! Yo when we were driving by the Maine car on the way to the other tourney when we heard, "Yo who's that white kid in your car?!" (referring to IrishMafia) we all started ROFLing mad hard. You definitely mad cool pplz. Thanks for playing Brawl and Melee friendlies w/ me as well!

KevinM-Yoooooooo I finally get to meet ya live! It was a pleasure meetin ya dude, and thanks for making the experience fun w/ your cool personality and jokes haha. I def gotta hit up that area again, the scene up there's too fun.

Shoutouts to Mofo and MattDotZeb coming late. I missed ya Matt! We shoulda had some friendlies! Mofo it was a pleasure watching you RAAAAAPE w/ Ness that whole night @ Mafia's house LOOOL. That made my night. GGz btw! I had fun playing!

Shoutouts to Sai for being a cool cat regardless of me hating his style of play, and his brother! XD

Shoutouts to all the female smashers there! I respect all the girls that play this game, cuz there are guys out there that act like b*tches and complain Melee's too technical so they play Brawl instead. Well these girls are hardcore cuz they apparently aren't scared of tech skill. This shoutout goes to Hailey, Amber, Emmy, and the other girl there w/ the glasses I forgot her name haha.

There were mad other cats there but I can't remember everyone : (.

Oh yeah Q-Puff was it? Stop lookin so mad all the time dude! Smile! Ggz as well!

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to Sai for being a cool cat regardless of me hating his style of play, and his brother! XD
when i first read this i thought how could you hate his brother? lol

sorry for coming off like that, i got frustrated way too much this weekend and i apologize. mostly cuz i was playing like **** both days despite practicing really hard for this. i gotta work on that, this game brings out the worst in me sometimes...

S l o X

Smash Champion
Yo! First off my tech skill this entire tourney was horrible. I played mad good when it came down to it against most people though. I'll definitely start playing this game tho because I don't want to be seeded last every OOS tourney I go to. >_>

Mafia - Thanks for the housing and stuff. First game at GU (SOTP fail) was mad close. I'll definitely be better next time.

Kyu - We didn't play but I heard you got mad. It's understandable though, we all have our bad matches (loldays?). There were so many times I could've played you but just hesitated to but it's w/e. I'll definitely play you next time. Uh . . . don't get mad? >_> Oh and learn the peach matchup. EVERY IC dislikes it. Don't be like Chu and learn Pikachu? Just play more peaches more frequently despite the dislike.

Pimpfish - lol I played mad gay just to get out of pools where the tourney didn't even end? ._. Sorry. Thanks for hosting regardless though. lol Jman ***** that strategy, I'm definitely going Shiek next time and won't play super gay if we use that ruleset.

Arc - Your mad chill. Thanks for the rides, the friendlies, telling me things that helped and stuff. I'm definitely gonna ride the KREA wave.

DJ - Your bowser / cast is too good. Thanks for teaching me **** like matchups and what to do in them. Shout outs to shout outs to shout outs.

MoFo - RRRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE. lol DJ was like **** wtf is this guy doing but your ness was definitely getting off in friendlies @ MAF's house. Good ****.

Solar - lmao madd funny. good friendlies / stuff. mad chill guy

th0rn / Banks - <3. Sorry for being so bad th0rn. -_- try to warmup with D1 next time or something, I basically made you play worst, lol. Banks . . . friendlies were fun as hell. We definitely need to do more of those and you need to teach me Shiek since I want to have her as a secondary.

Jman - too good. those multishines during friendlies with G$ was mad ****, pulled some uuaa **** off.

Sai - too good. weirdest puff i've played ever. i started learning the matchup / your style late and started to play decent at the end. good ****.

TIGER - lol good ****. practice more, your falcon is :D but I ***** you in dittos. Don't just throw out random nairs or you'll get grabbed. uhhh yeah.

Mass scene seems pretty alive and well. Probably won't be going up there again for ages but everyone was pretty kwl and stuffs. Chances are I'm forgetting people. I'll edit this when I figure out stuff.

oh and shoutouts to not entering doubles even though it took 5 hours and I could've played 30 times.

[5th tournament?]

Mokumo

Smash Ace
lol matt shouts to that one game we played

and all the other games i played

edit: matt you said you live in rodchester now?? my cousin lives there lol

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i thought they were just in the book.

more shouts to the irish mafia and his friend with the ganon hat.

and adam for teaming with me

jman's pretty good

so is G$

and thorn i guess

yo banks good matches at the beginning thanks for the warm up/****

and kevinm good matches, falcon dittos were fun. i need to play your sheik more

and all those dudes in my pool kyupuff solar

and everyone else =)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
how come you showed up, and then i didn't see you the entire time?
Got there late, wasn't expecting to stay long since I was doing other things while I was in Mass.

As soon as I arrived pools started, I played a single match, and didn't want to waste time sitting around for pools to end so I could play so I left. :D

xHayatox

Smash Lord
all i know is i got molested for a total of $5 teams + $5 beer + 36 more ducks for all the sake and beer....... fack i cant believe i was that rich that day :o no morooore

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Shoutouts to erry body

Also I was the second 7th.

Me and Roman like to tie lately <3.

D1: Sexy
Jman: Sexy
G: Sexy
Roman: Sexy
HaileyM: SEXYYYY
Arc: ******, jaykay good set sexy

Real shoutouts later :D

Slox thanks for forgetting me, remind me to piss on your grave some day

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol Kevin.

I didn't forget, I left you out on purpose! I wanted to see if you'd notice (;

no but good ****. bracket games were :D. Making that SOTP fail tourney @ GU was :D. Your pretty :D.

Hopefully I'll see you at some major within the next 4 years ?

Top Bottom