• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wait a sec. If this is an anime convention as well..does that mean the $30 venue fee is required? Even if I'm JUST entering the melee tournament and only want to be around for melee for literally less than a day.
Seems pretty ridiculous to me. You guys can't somehow not require the tournament goers to pay the entire venue fee if we have zero interest in the rest of the anime con?

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Wait a sec. If this is an anime convention as well..
does this mean we gotta pay some ridiculous fee just to get into the con itself? On top of that the tournament fee as well?
i believe it is a cheaper door/venue fee but not really sure on if there's 2 seperate costs for tourney/con

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Laijin is ****. but seriously

Anime Convention + In a hotel + Brawl ???

Laijin

Smash Hero
i believe it is a cheaper door/venue fee but not really sure on if there's 2 seperate costs for tourney/con
For a tournament this size, I REALLY think there should be a separate cost from the con cause in reality, like for me who is just interested in playing melee... just feels like the con is being pushed onto the tournament and we are forced to pay extra money for a con we may or may not have interest in(Since I'm assuming thats what part if not most of the venue fee is for). I mean honestly, I wouldn't have a problem if I was going to this for the con and the tournament was on the side sorta. But I'm pretty sure its the other way around with the con just sorta on the side(Since well, the tournament is what most people are coming for).

ANTi_

Smash Hero
WOW nevermind just looked at all the prices lmao.

have fun gaiz.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Shieet atleast give OOS some sort of discount for them expensive *** prices.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
lol. The plane ticket + housing + the cost of food over the weekend and we have to pay that much more? This trip is looking to be pretty expensive...
Exactly. help us out Plank.. lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The venue fee for Apex is $30. The venue fee for Pound was $30. The venue fee for this is $35. It's a $5 difference.

For this 5 dollars you get 50 FULL setups.
An organized team (10+ people) to run smash events.
An entire convention attatched
$3k BONUS put into the pot.

National tournaments are expensive to run. It's annoying having to see people complain in EVERY national tournament thread about price. If you can't afford it, that's fine, but don't complain as if the price is unreasonable just because you can't.

-ESPECIALLY- for this tournament where there is SO much else to offer.

Fatal, GPX runs on contracts. GAMME is our own event, so we bring ALL of our equipment there. Everything we bring costs money to each event we run, so if the event only pays for 3 wiis for the convention, we only bring 3 wiis.

Toneh

Smash Lord
its dumb they put it together, 99% of the smashers are goin for the tourny.

They should like offer a package. Smash entry + convention discount for those who wana do it

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yeah but you'd get more people to enter if the door fee wasnt so high, making up for it
and then you'd get less tournaments when TOs got tired of hearing people ***** about money being taken out of the pot to pay for everything involved with the tourney that wasn't covered by the smaller venue fee. I don't really think anyone who understands what a nightmare it is to run an even semi-large tournament, let alone a national, complains about it.

and yea, seriously, this is ****ing convention, not just a tournament. $35 for a convention is on the lower end of convention entry fees.

Toneh

Smash Lord
lets say the fee was $20, something more reasonable, i guarantee you twice as many people would go.

Every 2 people brings in $40 in revenue, already higher than the $35 price

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
For a tournament this size, I REALLY think there should be a separate cost from the con cause in reality, like for me who is just interested in playing melee... just feels like the con is being pushed onto the tournament and we are forced to pay extra money for a con we may or may not have interest in(Since I'm assuming thats what part if not most of the venue fee is for). I mean honestly, I wouldn't have a problem if I was going to this for the con and the tournament was on the side sorta. But I'm pretty sure its the other way around with the con just sorta on the side(Since well, the tournament is what most people are coming for).
Yes. I'm not interested in the Con. I'm intested in the tourny. Melee is all I think about, not anime. :/ Plus plane tickets would be so costly, and i want to bring a friend too.

Although, prices for singles and teams seem fine, and so I don't mind venue fee I guess. I get payed so I'll just save up.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You guys act like there is a venue fee AND a CON fee, which is not the case. It's ONE fee, which is the SAME fee for other national tournaments, and you get a giant convention attached for NOTHING.

If you want the convention then you just got an AMAZING deal.

If you don't care about it, you got the same deal as usual.

I fail to see the issue here.

and yes, 50 copies of melee and 50 copies of brawl. the games wont run simultaneously except for maybe finals of the first game (just cuz they take a while)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You guys act like there is a venue fee AND a CON fee, which is not the case. It's ONE fee, which is the SAME fee for other national tournaments, and you get a giant convention attached for NOTHING.

If you want the convention then you just got an AMAZING deal.

If you don't care about it, you got the same deal as usual.

I fail to see the issue here.

and yes, 50 copies of melee and 50 copies of brawl. the games wont run simultaneously except for maybe finals of the first game (just cuz they take a while)
asdfsadf;lskadjfsdaj ;[ Yeah I'd definetly take advantage of that convention thing though, trust me I will. I dunno what I'd do, but I'll walk around.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
89 dollars each way on southwest, not bad.

But i need to know the brawlers that are going to this it'll be mad weird coming here by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom