• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
You wrote that there is some lag when landing using Sheik's needles. In VGBootCamp's moveset video the needles cancel on landing like in Melee. Are you implying that that has been changed in the new build?? That would be very bad.

Eudes

Smash Rookie
NNID
HeroOfTime1289
3DS FC
2793-0725-8359
I have one more question.
Did you get a chance to use Robin's final smash? If so, how does it work and what is useful at all?

D

Deleted member 245254

This image isn't as good as my others which is why I didn't post it but it is proof if wireframe macs green sweatshirt

D

Deleted member 245254

Doing an AMA with Cadari at 8AM EST, who was at the event with me while training for Smash 4 on Netplay. He played different characters from me and had different experiences.

www.twitch.tv/zipzo62

Last edited by a moderator:

STGHMAAV

Smash Rookie
I only have one question, if 0 is the time behind you press B and Cpt.Falcon hits with the Falcon Punch, and 10 is the speed for Sheik's Neddles in Melee (when you throw them) ... What number are Megaman's Metal Blades?

Cook

Smash Master
Hey, thanks for taking the time to do this!

Did you get a eel or how quickly you could cancel jabs? Like, do you think some characters will have a solid jab>grab?

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Doing an AMA with Cadari at...
Right, you!

I've heard you say that you thought Luigi was the worst character. HOWEVER, you've also said that he's never been a character you played much to begin with.

Since Luigi being one of my mains, and after reading your comments, I'm sceptical about you knowing how to use him. So, would you agree that due to your lack of experience/knowledge of the character, that you are in no position whatsoever to say that you thought he was the definite worst (especially since his Smashwiki page tells me he's been BUFFED).

An opinion would be different. Though if that's the case, you seem to be saying it like it's a fact, to which I can't trust you on.

Sorry for the aggression, but it annoys me when someone claims to have definitive knowledge of something/someone they really know nothing/little about. Again, sorry...

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Right, you!

I've heard you say that you thought Luigi was the worst character. HOWEVER, you've also said that he's never been a character you played much to begin with.

Since Luigi being one of my mains, and after reading your comments, I'm sceptical about you knowing how to use him. So, would you agree that due to your lack of experience/knowledge of the character, that you are in no position whatsoever to say that you thought he was the definite worst (especially since his Smashwiki page tells me he's been BUFFED).

An opinion would be different. Though if that's the case, you seem to be saying it like it's a fact, to which I can't trust you on.

Sorry for the aggression, but it annoys me when someone claims to have definitive knowledge of something/someone they really know nothing/little about. Again, sorry...
he never claimed to have definitive answers though.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Can Pac-Man have more than 1 hydrant out at once?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My only question Light now is: Does it seem like the Blast Zone sizes shrunk? I remember they were Super Huge in the E3 build and I thought was kinda annoying since characters could live longer.

I also wonder about the base knockback. I remember people saying that at E3, characters seemed to get launched so high into the sky that it would be hard for them not to recover back to the stage (one guy even said that even just a Double Jump saves your skin). I know about the new ledge mechanics and all, but still.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Right, you!

Right, you! (:p)
Let's take a look at what Zipzo actually said.
Zipzo said:
- This won't sound good initially to luigi fans but I did not have fun playing as him. He's really floaty and felt slow, wasn't a fan. Didn't go indepth on his moves much during my match with him as I was too busy being annoyed by my lack of ability to like him.

Mario seems much faster than him.bi probably just can't tap in to luigis meta, maybe he's stronger than Mario as a trade? His hand like fsmash seemed to have a range nerf.
He did not once say that Luigi was bad. He even added disclaimers, saying that Luigi's playstyle probably just doesn't come naturally to him and that he did not go in-depth with Luigi's moves. :p
There's really no reason to be bothered by what he said considering the general implication that first impressions are never complete or definitive. Playing Luigi for yourself on release and deciding for yourself is the only way to know definitively what he is like and what you think of him.

My only question Light now is: Does it seem like the Blast Zone sizes shrunk? I remember they were Super Huge in the E3 build and I thought was kinda annoying.
Zipzo has stated that the blast zones were very far out in the final build.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
so what i am hearing is no useful dash dancing, no momentum transferring from dash to jump, and the general brawliness of the game will mean it will only last a year and everyone will go back to melee. Well at least we will always have melee.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
so what i am hearing is no useful dash dancing, no momentum transferring from dash to jump, and the general brawliness of the game will mean it will only last a year and everyone will go back to melee. Well at least we will always have melee.
Smash 4 will only last a year? That is an absurd conclusion to have drawn from the lack of dash dancing and momentum transfer. Also, no-one is going to leave Melee in the first place. The two games can co-exist in the competitive Smash scene.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
.. Okay, stick to Melee.
Poor guy doesn't know what he's missing out.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Someone please help if this has already been answered.
I main Mario, so I'm looking for details on how Mario is the same or has changed since Brawl.
Also, any idea if his black and white colors from Brawl are back?

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Right, you! (:p)
Let's take a look at what Zipzo actually said.

He did not once say that Luigi was bad. He even added disclaimers, saying that Luigi's playstyle probably just doesn't come naturally to him and that he did not go in-depth with Luigi's moves. :p
There's really no reason to be bothered by what he said considering the general implication that first impressions are never complete or definitive. Playing Luigi for yourself on release and deciding for yourself is the only way to know definitively what he is like and what you think of him.

(I will forever use this gif when I feel its necessary)
It just seemed to me that, due to the way he worded it, he was being definite... My only other reasons for making my comment are... uh... I LIKE LUIGI! :p

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
How prominent is stale moves/move weakening from over use? Is it like Brawl or more non existant like Melee?

Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't see it on the first page. Ignore me if it has been addressed.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Someone please help if this has already been answered.
I main Mario, so I'm looking for details on how Mario is the same or has changed since Brawl.
Also, any idea if his black and white colors from Brawl are back?
Yes, it's back. I heard on a stream (don't remember which one in particular) last night that he's more powerful than he ever has been before, having huge hitboxes and quick attacks. Down-air is a particularily good combo move now.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
How prominent is stale moves/move weakening from over use? Is it like Brawl or more non existant like Melee?

Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't see it on the first page. Ignore me if it has been addressed.
Stale moves are pretty noticeable and are definitely more like Brawl, at least in the demo. I haven't seen any mention of them in the final build, though I doubt there would be much change to that particular mechanic. It's something that's easier to test when we actually have the game instead of just playing a 2-min demo.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
We should be able to safely assume that the current demo, the "final build" from last weekend, and the actual game coming out in two days are all the same, the only exceptions being different things being locked. All of them approach from the full starting CSS (with Shulk).

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
Question for anyone who's played Marth at the latest demo, did his reach look similar to this?
You can see his forward smash arc on the second page, first panel. Source is the latest Famitsu scans, an album can be seen here.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it's back. I heard on a stream (don't remember which one in particular) last night that he's more powerful than he ever has been before, having huge hitboxes and quick attacks. Down-air is a particularily good combo move now.
Awesome sounds like I'm going to dominate then. If anyone knows anything else I'd appreciate it.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I'm still a fan of Melee as its my favorite in the series (though 4 looks to change that for me personally) and I was disgusted by your rash out of line comment. If anything, Brawl wishes it could be as competitively viable as 4 is shaping up to be while still being newcomer friendly.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Warning Received
The Mewtwo patrol has arrived. I'm really curious too actually.

Top Bottom