• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ExLight

Smash Lord
I didn’t need and didn’t have any reason to unvote,
tf you mean you had no reason to unvote
didn't you have other reads? you had a growing wagon on you, was it really the best time to not vote seriously

ExLight

Smash Lord
you know what, sometimes we should take the initiative

funnier6 (1) - Xivii
Z25 (2) - Wiisp, Z25

Not Voting: Kary, funnier6, Ranmaru, ExLight, Raxx, Pythag

= Vote History =
Kary: funnier6 (1) -> Unvote (20)
funnier6: Wiisp (2) -> Ex (3) -> Unvote (7)
Wiisp: funnier6 (4) -> Z25 (13)
Ranmaru: funnier6 (5) -> Unvote (16)
Xivii: Z25 (6) -> ExLight (12) -> funnier6 (20)
ExLight: Z25 (8) -> Unvote (10) -> ExLight (14) -> Unvote (15)
Raxx: Z25 (9) -> Unvote (18)
Z25: Z25 (11)
Pythag: Raxx (17) -> Unvote (19)

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Also, funnier6 funnier6 funnier6 funnier6 , message [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/73/73924.jpg?1568263642[/IMG] Thirdkoopa for the video game mafia game I was in. He should probably be able to link the thread to you. That was a scum game for me. For a town game (though I dunno how much good this will do, I was insanely new to forum mafia and god it showed), message [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/405/405485.jpg?1560313578[/IMG] UtopianPoyzin for Jungle Mafia
I was thinking earlier that man Rax just aint here today (Also my laptop now thinks that Rax is Ran is Rag so thats interesting) but apparently I just forgot about all of them cause they happened at like one am

I'm curious as to why you defer me to other people instead of linking them yourself?
"you would be experienced enough to know"
do not bring my experience level into this game as an attack against me
on another note, you are very reactive rather than proactive

in what wolf world, do I actively try to hammer early to inhibit our info gain
that looks wolfy as hell, and no wordplay outside, "oops", gets me out of looking bad
and if I am a wolf here, I want as little reason to look worse as possible given the situation wolves are in right now
and there we already unvotes at the time

try again, also you need more than my lynch to secure a win at this point, so put a little more effort in, k thanks
Hi just gonna poke the bear

Saying "I would never do x as wolf/I would be doing x as wolf" is literally one of the most terrible and wifom arguments imaginable unless for some reason you literally wouldn't come hell or high water and the people you're arguing with know that

Like I just think it's ironic that that comes directly after a statement on not attacking you based on experience level

sips tea
I would also never allow Z to give up here first of all
and I would never allow him to continue talking, if he did give up here
Town will look into every word he says, and the amount of mental gymnastics you need to take, to put it in your favor, isnt worth it
I'm really curious how you would have "not allowed" him to do anything, given he has no need for your approval
Did funnier post any content yet?
No

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
This post is pretty manipulative
I would call your AtE more manipulative but thats just me

And also semi hypocritical
It's between you and Funnier at this point.
It really isnt

Or maybe it is and I'm just dumb
Not really scumreading funnier right now. Tried to give him some pressure to shake him out of irrelevant catch-up mode. He turned into a sad sack instead.
I wouldve been a sad sack anyway but your contribution was noted
I've been confused all game about Exlight/funnier and how you're supposed to know one another and you keep pinging each other (although this is more funnier towards exlight I think) but neither of you can settle on an actual read of the other or even make constructive points to make. Instead you're talking about ****ing "town jeans" and trying to out the power role. But I'm beginning to think it's because you're both just incompetent and genuinely don't have any actual reads.
This is really impressive tbh

I almost get the impression youre actually reading into it and trying to come to a conclusion

Rather easy conclusion if you already have all the facts maybe

You're missing quite a few but I don't care to change your mind and I don't feel you want it changed

I will just say that your cold methodical approach to mafia is so far away from how I play mafia we may as well be from different planets and I really dont care what you think about it

Though this absolutely solidifies in my mind that town jeans is such a meme

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
What makes you think this?
Well THERES A QUESTION

I almost dont want to say anymore cause I've been getting that cold vibe again and I can feel the needle moving in the other direction

But A) I dont want to believe he's slime ball enough to get chatty with his outed wolf partner in the thread. Like he's done some pretty messed up things to my psych as mafia but I feel like he plays it too cautious to do that, the same way he's endlessly paranoid about trackers and watchers and hesitates to use any actions as mafia

It just feels like one of those things that he might do a little bit just for looks but the continuing and the asking him if he planned to kill Poy Night 1 is just like ????? to me I feel like he wouldnt do that

And if he did do it I'm going to sigh and be like whyyy and make another entry in my chronicles of the various times Ex has wronged me

I also think him saying he was okay with his lynch today was pretty crazy, in a regular game I wouldnt see it as much because he realistically knows he will likely not be lynched if he says something like that but here is a different ballpark and I dont think he'd risk just offering himself up on a silver platter like that, the self vote was also pretty nuts

His obstinance towards me and my questions also feels in his favor

These are the actions that make me believe in town Ex, while his tone and words feel more like scum Ex, his mood. Also I want to think that scum Ex would try to pocket me but its also possible that since he's been getting so town read he thinks he can get by without me and is hoping to mislynch me

Thats where I'm at atm

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I also think him saying he was okay with his lynch today was pretty crazy, in a regular game I wouldnt see it as much because he realistically knows he will likely not be lynched if he says something like that but here is a different ballpark and I dont think he'd risk just offering himself up on a silver platter like that, the self vote was also pretty nuts

His obstinance towards me and my questions also feels in his favor

These are the actions that make me believe in town Ex, while his tone and words feel more like scum Ex, his mood. Also I want to think that scum Ex would try to pocket me but its also possible that since he's been getting so town read he thinks he can get by without me and is hoping to mislynch me

Thats where I'm at atm
Have you ever seen scum!Ex pocket you as town?

You have told me Ex is super reactionary, or something like that, you don’t think him advocating his lynch is a part of that?

What about his easily being swayed by anyone’s argument?

He found Rax scummy after like one or two posts, I believe he did the same thing with someone else I mentioned in my big post

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I think I have been consistently townie in my thoughts to solve the game even though I've been wrong
This is interesting because so and so said I wasnt displaying a townie mindset earlier and I'm just like

My dude, if I'm town and I have a mindset by definition it is a town mindset

Thats how it works

You cant say you think you've been consistently townie unless youre scum and know you haven't been XD

Except in your case you literally haven't been cause you wanted to lynch the bomb to help scum
honestly the bomb breaks this game, its not possible for wolves to win I think
the whole Bomb counts as two players is dumb
Yeah bombs as a whole just aren't balanced

Oh hi anime mafia 2 didnt see you there
I wish I had some wine sigh
I really appreciate your avatar
I'm not advocating for the mafia, that's against my win con, I just want a more interesting game state that doesn't rely on the bomb winning or lose the game for either town or the wolves
Might as well lynch the scum and move on to a game thats interesting for you then cause this aint gettin any more scum sided

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever seen scum!Ex pocket you as town?

You have told me Ex is super reactionary, or something like that, you don’t think him advocating his lynch is a part of that?

What about his easily being swayed by anyone’s argument?

He found Rax scummy after like one or two posts, I believe he did the same thing with someone else I mentioned in my big post
I've only really played against scum Ex one time, and I very nearly lynched his sorry hide if he hadn't prevented it at the last minute and successfully faked a cop claim (I still carry the scars)

I'm trying to think if I've played against scum Ex on any other occasion and drawing a blank, I've modded two games where he was mafia and been on a scum team with him but I've only played against him that one time

So no he's never pocketed me by his own merit before but also hasn't had much opportunity

I think his advocating his own lynch is possible, but under these circumstances I dont consider it likely. Unless he really feels like he's in a hole and wanted to gambit, but he hasn't really been in a hole so I don't see why he'd risk it

He's easily swayed by anyones argument all the ding dang time and I dont think its AI

If I thought about it more I could probably think of some instance that would make it AI but nothing worth mentioning

I'm also kind of leaning scum Rax atm but thats more like a writing on the wall thing that things are just adding up for it to be Rax more than anything in particular from Rax's play

I don't really know how to interpret him doing it (especially since he's basically ignoring all my questions) because he definitely is the type of person who will randomly decide they're scum reading someone after one or two posts but I cant really take anything from that without making him cough up his thought process

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Also days here are super long I feel like we could turbo this thing in two hours and reach the same outcome as two weeks

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Is "so and so" referring to me? Why didn't you just defend against the point directly haha.

What I meant by by coming from a town mindset is that it's not logically consistent. You show logical consistency in your unvote post when you point out that Wisp is still townie for his point despite it being incorrect. But you showes logical inconsistency when you were previously speculating about it. You made it seem like the possibilities were that either UP putting Z at L1 meant town Z or that scumWisp was tricking you into believing so. The former being false doesn't lead to the latter, and this is highly indicative that your reasoning is not genuine.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
super long, this is nothing
and yes it would be nice if we would just lynch Z25

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm trying to understand your proposal, Zen. Both Funnier and Ex have been illogical this game. How does this make Funnier more likely to be scum than Ex?

No, I'm not ready to end the day.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
lynching the bomb, makes this game more fun
they kill Z25, and then we are left to our wit to find the last mafia
thats an exciting game of mafia right there

this setup could have been more exciting, but it swung into the favor of town so quickly
we are sitting here playing with our thoughts, when the existence of the bomb makes the chances of mafia winning almost zero

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Is "so and so" referring to me? Why didn't you just defend against the point directly haha.

What I meant by by coming from a town mindset is that it's not logically consistent. You show logical consistency in your unvote post when you point out that Wisp is still townie for his point despite it being incorrect. But you showes logical inconsistency when you were previously speculating about it. You made it seem like the possibilities were that either UP putting Z at L1 meant town Z or that scumWisp was tricking you into believing so. The former being false doesn't lead to the latter, and this is highly indicative that your reasoning is not genuine.
I knew exactly what you meant and that’s why I didn’t bother lol

My only defense would be lol well it is a town mindset

But I can’t very well prove that to you so not gonna worry about it

Though you’re wrong that it’s inconsistent

It’s equally possible for town or scum wiisp to point that out in this instance because it’s objectively a good point regardless of the bonus that it makes Z look better if they’re scum together

Wiisp being scum with Z was tinfoil and I said so when I was listing the possibility

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wisp, you really have no desire to discuss things further? Also, scum killing the hunter doesn't automatically get them killed. The hunter still has to have the scum set as a target for when this happens.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
not to mention the bomb could easily throw the game for town based on their own selfishness

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Wisp, you really have no desire to discuss things further? Also, scum killing the hunter doesn't automatically get them killed. The hunter still has to have the scum set as a target for when this happens.
You may change your vengeful target to any player besides yourself, and at any time up until you die.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I knew exactly what you meant and that’s why I didn’t bother lol

My only defense would be lol well it is a town mindset

But I can’t very well prove that to you so not gonna worry about it

Though you’re wrong that it’s inconsistent

It’s equally possible for town or scum wiisp to point that out in this instance because it’s objectively a good point regardless of the bonus that it makes Z look better if they’re scum together

Wiisp being scum with Z was tinfoil and I said so when I was listing the possibility
It being tinfoil is irrelevant. What matters is that you specifically contrasted it with Z being town:

So while I won’t say it definitely didn’t happen there is definitely a really good chance that Z is just town there (or big tinfoil scum buds with Wisp I guess) so that makes the both of them look a lot better imo
You were trying to make it seem like the point being wrong led to Wisp being scum. I believe that the logical mistep stems from your association with Z and you realizing that you were putting yourself out there for agreeing with the point. The tinfoil is a way for you to distance yourself from it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
He wanted Z to be read as town for UP putting him at L1, but he didn't want to be associated with making the point, so he made it clear that Wisp was the one bringing it up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He ends the paragraph stating he's leaning towards you being potential scum reacting poorly to a little pressure, and has you as a scum lean in his reads list. Now if you didn't find that concerning, why did you react harshly to Pythag, who hasn't given an alignment read for you.
because his thought of process was with the intent of painting me as super scummy even if he didn't say it out loud

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(Note that this is me asking him why he reacted to Pythag in this manner when Z (confirmed scum) did the same thing, but he ignored it. Z never pushed him or asked him questions, Z only talked about mechanics with him.)

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
It being tinfoil is irrelevant. What matters is that you specifically contrasted it with Z being town:

You were trying to make it seem like the point being wrong led to Wisp being scum. I believe that the logical mistep stems from your association with Z and you realizing that you were putting yourself out there for agreeing with the point. The tinfoil is a way for you to distance yourself from it.
Well to put a fine point on it, you think wrong

I don’t do “this or that” scenarios

I say in all likeliness this maybe that and if I’m feeling crazy that nutty scenario over there

I like to chart out the possibilities when I make reads off things like that

You can take that or leave it basically which I figured this argument would come to and why I didn’t bother arguing it

Wiisp

Smash Lord
we are still focused on each other... when again
we should be getting Raxxel and Kary to post more
sfgsfgsdgsfdgsfdgsfdg

ExLight

Smash Lord
(Note that this is me asking him why he reacted to Pythag in this manner when Z (confirmed scum) did the same thing, but he ignored it. Z never pushed him or asked him questions, Z only talked about mechanics with him.)
I answered like five times why I didn't react like that towards Z

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So you're saying that because he found Z to be townier, and that he thought Z + Wisp were scum, that Z being townier meant that Wisp was also townier. Yet, him unvoting is illogical in that he should be considering Wisp still as scum, but unvote him anyway when Z (outed as scum) was who he thought was buddies with Wisp. Something like that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag also made a great point in his #1925:

Sakurai guy is voting lore just to save his ass
ZZ5 is a better candidate than Lore because he's voting with interest in saving his own tail rather than progress the game for town. Lore, voted in a manner which is anti-town, but also against the interests of scum, and he stuck to his direction after you posted the long haiku.
If it's a mislynch they'd (Sakurai Guy) prolly also try to save themselves. That's perfectly NAI.

Top Bottom