• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
That's a good point with the sorcerer bit. That reminded me of UP's post in the beginning:
Just pointing out he opened his last game with us in the exact same way

(he was mafia Ex was not)

I am become stress, will comment on things eventually

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's between you and Funnier at this point. If the town among you could help us figure it out, that would be swish. Alternatively, if either of you is Hunter, I think it's worth claiming.

ExLight

Smash Lord
It's between you and Funnier at this point. If the town among you could help us figure it out, that would be swish. Alternatively, if either of you is Hunter, I think it's worth claiming.
it really isn't, it can be literally anyone
and I already made the calcs on why the Hunter shouldn't claim

ExLight

Smash Lord
Why are you clearing Ranmaru, Xivii? Don't you find his flipflopping D1 weird?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also flip-flopping is NAI or townie. It shows you're trying to solve the game rather than just sticking with your reads for the sake of it.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Did you read Ranmaru's scum games?
The only scum game he posted was from 2017 iirc, and a 3 year gap is enough for someone to refine their town-scum game into more similar stuff

Also flip-flopping is NAI or townie. It shows you're trying to solve the game rather than just sticking with your reads for the sake of it.
lol, it really isn't
it can hide their true opinions more easily; and, specially on d1 when scum is poking around, to see which one can be future mislynch wagons

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've been on a break since then. I don't think my scum game has magically improved in that time. I can tell you, I have played Everyone is Mafia Mafia. Wisp can vouch to that. I also tend to flip flop as town quite a bit, because I'm focusing on being right over sticking to one direction, and re-evaluation.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
His scum play hasn't changed since then.

It's NAI in general since town and scum both do it. For Ran it's town as he isn't a scum mastermind.

Why haven't you looked into Funnier?

ExLight

Smash Lord
Anyway, I read Raxx posts and I find them really townie, he goes down the list. Ranmaru and funnier are my top choices for today, th.
Wisp is coming as anti-town, but I REALLY doubt Z25 would persue that lynch this hard D1 if they were scum. Could be bussing, but idk.

TL;DR is that I think the scum team is Ex, Z25 and UP.
et tu pythag

Plus if you say you're okay with dying, well... you shouldn't lie in a mafia game y'know?
I'm not lying; if I end up mislynched now I know mine is prolly the better one before -Lo if you don't wanna end up winning by trusting me blindly lmao

But a mislynch is a mislynch and I'd like to avoid one anyway. We can only afford to mislynch twice in most scenarios, and I'm like, seeing yall being so sure I'm scum is kinda heartbreaking and I'm like, "oh welp, not this again", cuz I feel like my opinions will be ignored because yall are scumreading me and won't be reread after I die because that's like what happens in 90% of the games.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you want to try to check for games on Mafia Scum, my username is Ranmaru on there. Good luck. (Hint: The last game I was mafia there was in 2017)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I mean you are playing against the meta you provided of self-destructive paranoia about being lynched. You've been complacent about it all day.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Where are you getting this from? You're quite likable.
Aw thanks

that was mostly a result of non game related stress and anxiety but I was also getting that impression from like wiisp and idr who that I’m some kind of two faced jerk and I was kinda upset about that

Also I’m just used to people knowing who I am so having my actions so misinterpreted is depressing
I mean you are playing against the meta you provided of self-destructive paranoia about being lynched. You've been complacent about it all day.
Yeah thats what worries me basically

He does have days where he’s absolutely complacent about getting lynched and makes me extremely paranoid but he’s also done it in two of his recent town games so take that as you will

This is why reading Ex can be so frustrating if he isn’t obviously town

Note his town game in PoR and MtG

This is why I was really concerned that he wasn’t caring about talking to me and made me scared that he was avoiding me because he didn’t want me to realize he was scum and start calling for his death

I actually feel reasonably good that’s he’s actually town though and would rather go after Rax/Kary atm

Some of his actions are just highly unusual and his total lack of cooperation with me feels more telling than a half hearted attempt

Not super confident in it but that’s where I’m leaning rn

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you stick around, then you might get to know us and vice versa. I challenge you to go play on Mafia Scum, more than once. Constant games of lands of strangers there.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Why haven't you looked into Funnier?
I did, he seems pretty lost.

Funnier isn't being his normal self, but I feel like that could be because we're in a new environment and culture shock always make people a bit weird. Him getting a phat wagon early D2 makes me eeh a bit too, but who knows.
He did start sluggish during D1, and never had the motivation to catch up properly, which is a bit annoying and scummy; but to be fair we just won a game in LyLo in his home forum where he had to blindly trust me after scumreading me for the entire game for like, the third time in a row, which is pretty nerve wrecking. So I kinda see where the lack of enthusiasm is coming from, especially when this thread has almost 2200 posts on D2, lol.

imo Z25's interactions D1 seem to point to either Kary, Ran, or Raxx.
I'm feeling a bit better about Raxx because of their post last night, but idk; interaction-wise this slot is the one that looks the weirdest to me, since Z25 tried clearing it multiple times, and since Poy kept mentioning it to Z25. Especially on the post where he votes Z25.

Kary seemed really townie to me early on, but he seems to be the less engaged in the game, which annoys me.

Ran seems to tunnel, then do a backflip, tunnel someone else, then do another backflip and go back to tunneling who they were tunneling; and this makes him pretty much impossible to read, which will be a pain later on. If you say it's his meta, sure, I believe it, but I really don't suggest clearing him over this.

I'm really not, lol. If I weren't being self-destructive I don't think I would be on the bottom of most people's reads without a confident read.
But I know that if I went to -Lo you'd have to blindly trust me to improve our chances, which usually doesn't go well in new forums since like I reek scummy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not lying; if I end up mislynched now I know mine is prolly the better one before -Lo if you don't wanna end up winning by trusting me blindly lmao

But a mislynch is a mislynch and I'd like to avoid one anyway. We can only afford to mislynch twice in most scenarios, and I'm like, seeing yall being so sure I'm scum is kinda heartbreaking and I'm like, "oh welp, not this again", cuz I feel like my opinions will be ignored because yall are scumreading me and won't be reread after I die because that's like what happens in 90% of the games.
I am the last person who's gonna take pity on you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The reason why I state that a lack of interaction between buddies is a red flag is that scum don't want to put unwanted attention towards their buddy.

ExLight

Smash Lord
The reason why I state that a lack of interaction between buddies is a red flag is that scum don't want to put unwanted attention towards their buddy.
I've seen a 2 scum game where scum won because of hard distancing D1 and D2 until one of them got lynched
so, like, that's pretty debatable

I am the last person who's gonna take pity on you.
I'd appreciate if you read D2 specifically

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
If you stick around, then you might get to know us and vice versa. I challenge you to go play on Mafia Scum, more than once. Constant games of lands of strangers there.
I think you misinterpret my idea of fun

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
we both know exactly what you're doing

can you provide some more indepth thoughts about your scumread on funnier, and on whoever might be your second and third scum options?
Not really scumreading funnier right now. Tried to give him some pressure to shake him out of irrelevant catch-up mode. He turned into a sad sack instead.

I've been confused all game about Exlight/funnier and how you're supposed to know one another and you keep pinging each other (although this is more funnier towards exlight I think) but neither of you can settle on an actual read of the other or even make constructive points to make. Instead you're talking about ****ing "town jeans" and trying to out the power role. But I'm beginning to think it's because you're both just incompetent and genuinely don't have any actual reads.

I thought it was townie of you to volunteer your own lynch, so I'm pushing that angle right now to see what happens. It's only townie if you actually mean it.

If you do flip town I'd probably go for Raxxel next. I don't think he's that scummy but he's too quiet and there are a few question marks about him.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Instead you're talking about ****ing "town jeans" and trying to out the power role
I literally posted a rant with math calcs on why the power role shouldn't claim/soft because it increases our chance of losing in 200% in -Lo

ExLight

Smash Lord
@Ex

How is Wiisp anti-town?
Wiisp seems to be pretty defeatist and not willing to discuss the overall game situation rn like PoE or how to maximize results, mostly because they find it boring or something. Which isn't necessarily scummy, but it certainly isn't pro-town since it doesn't generate any discussions from their side.

That being said, I feel like they're not scum due to Z25's attempt to push their lynch D1 to save themselves (unless he's know as being the Ultimate Busser or something that can be clearly seem as him trying to get at least one mislynch before going down).

Wiisp

Smash Lord
"anti-town"
I mean I'm pretty bored lol, if that's anti-town then sure
I think I have been consistently townie in my thoughts to solve the game even though I've been wrong

I truly believed or at least wanted to believe that Funnier/Ranmaru was a powerwolf duo

Wiisp

Smash Lord
with Z still alive we, are at 7/2
z dies we go to 6/1 then xivii dies, and we go to 5/1
one mislynch puts us at 4/1 then 3/1
then we are basically in a mylo/lylo situation depending on if or not the bomb is alive

honestly the bomb breaks this game, its not possible for wolves to win I think
the whole Bomb counts as two players is dumb

probably only possible if the bombs dies in the night in kills another town

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea that's why we don't want Z25 dead + bomb outed, because it causes this scenario to happen
That would imply that hitting the bomb is more important that offing the outed townies?

With a z25 lynch are you anticipating the wolf goes hunting for the bomb instead of targeting the Seer?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
the bomb is already outted though
it is clearly Kary :upside_down_smiley:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
the wolf can absolutely not bomb hunt tonight if he wants any semblance of a chance at winning
Seer always has to die

Top Bottom