• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ExLight

Smash Lord
While your all here though.

If I Had made a fake convo with rax and posted it here.

Would you have still lynched them?
Probably
since we knew you were wolf everything would be seen as wine

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No, it was town sided. I know especially since I was sorcerer before the re-roll. Only slightly town-sided though. I think the sorcerer would need tweaking is all. They get information but have no way to relay that to the scum team.
This would be a good change. Would help scum track the town prs easier and could make scum kills a lot more strategic

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Doesn't matter, you've told me your stance on your method of playing as cop before.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hm, why? You would have logically seen it as an attempt of me to bus someone. So why go with it?
Because I'd still be lynching Rax based on their individual actions.

ExLight

Smash Lord
it would force scum to kill him which is nice
and if he was the last scum he'd just survive which would be WEIRD

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The biggest problems we had this game, was zen being town seer Outted and osie saving them.

If Zen was killed it would have been pretty easy to setup for a victory imo

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UP also had Rax as a fake check but I still voted Rax.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If it were a different environment, Iike a competitive marathon, I would have held to it. It was a bit much for a friendly game of dgamesia mafia though. I felt the scum team should at least have a chance. And goodness lord if I was wrong it would have completely ruined the integrity of the game.

What even incentivized you to do this?
To maximize the utility of the seer

ExLight

Smash Lord
The biggest problems we had this game, was zen being town seer Outted and osie saving them.

If Zen was killed it would have been pretty easy to setup for a victory imo
D1 Seer claim seems pretty optimal for this setup yea
two cleared people + 1 high prob cop check + 1 high prob PoE kill

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Up played pretty well and honestly if I wasn’t found to be scum, his play could have been a really big factor in the later phases and help push things in various directions

ExLight

Smash Lord
I feel like if Raxx didn't start crumbling after we started pressuring them they could've gotten away ayy

Really really really really well played for a third game

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, yes that was a good decision to back off from the town clear of me even though I would have loved it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If it were a different environment, Iike a competitive marathon, I would have held to it. It was a bit much for a friendly game of dgamesia mafia though. I felt the scum team should at least have a chance. And goodness lord if I was wrong it would have completely ruined the integrity of the game.

To maximize the utility of the seer
What do you mean by giving scum team a chance? You fake/real outted someone on your top scum list lmao

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I feel like if Raxx didn't start crumbling after we started pressuring them they could've gotten away ayy

Really really really really well played for a third game
No I was dead set on lynching them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the biggest setback rax had was activity.

when they were here they were being pretty well received. If that flow of content kept coming, I could see them last longer or at even win with their skill.

If town mislynched today instead of winning it would have been bad if rax was able to come in as a heavy hitter with content imo.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not just activity, but lack of proactive voting and desire to solve.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I do think if Seer isn't able to guarantee that they are hidden, outting D1 is a good strategy

What do you mean by giving scum team a chance? You fake/real outted someone on your top scum list lmao
I mean with regard to illegitimately clearing Ran. The fake wolf check is par for the course. As Wisp said, never give up! Had you fought back, I would have had to retract.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, and then Zen would be getting **** on like UP was in the game I linked, and you would get town credit and then Zen would be mislynched (not really).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not really, more realistically Zen would have less credibility to his word is all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
SHOUT OUTS

UP - Nice try, you did seem townie for a bit but you let it slip a bit. Could have been a total coincidence though. Your insistence on keeping me null when there was plenty of content that was obviously town me was what set me off on you. It's why I ask people to ISO me.

Kary - Good play. I was concerned you were trying to play like a PR and that is why you were playing non top townie, but I still asked because, I still need to know why you are playing the way you are. Good stuff though. Good working with ya.

Xiivi - Good gambit on Z. It was good playing with you, and I'm glad we won only a day after your death. The sorcerer thing for Pythag was a bit misleading though, probably should have used a better crumb. :p Apologies for outing you, I'm no good with reading you.

ZZ5 - You did well after the fact. Your initial play was pretty off, and noticeable. Yet you learned on the fly and adapted, I failed to push for you when I should have. I let the aspect that you were seeming townie give you some leeway. This is why I eventually stuck to Rax. Also again, I'm glad that you were able to learn from this and I hope this helps your town game as well. Then your town game improving will help you improve your scum game because you'll know what town is looking for when scum hunting.

Pythag - Good playing with you again. I think we did well working together. I do have trouble reading you, this I know. I haven't seen you play scum yet.

Wisp - Nice playing with you here. I do feel that, you lacked some iniative with solving Day 3. I felt the genuine tone, but there was no work / effort to back that up. I was starting to reconsider you and Ex. I was really expecting Rax to just have been town who gave up for some reason. (I've seen newbies just give up and scoot off like this) I understand that you came under pressure in the beginning, I have been in those situations so no regret or anything.

Funnier - You said we don't like you, and that's not true. I found most of your posts funny, that's why I liked your posts. Stick around, I enjoyed having you around. I think I'd suggest you use your vote more proactively. Of course, I also think the way you were catching up, wasn't effecient. Try a more compact approach, you don't need to reply to every post. Although I used to do the same method you did as a new player, except I put it all in one big wall post. No one read it though. Generally when you catch up you do want to read all the pages before, or at least, Day 1. Day 1 is the most important.

Ex - Well, I'm glad you are town. I didn't really have much besides you were starting to feel genuine Day 2, and the quote from Zen was holding me at bay for some time but if Rax didn't flip scum I'd be pulling my hair trying to reconsider your slot. I think you should work on your reasoning a bit, that pythag vote wasn't great. The lack of connection to Z was not all your fault, but you should respond to things about you or weird things like that happen. It's why you see me respond to UP, I have to show town my thought process and why I did a thing.

Ranmaru - I have made some mistakes in this game. I think I did average, though. I think letting UP have some fuel, was my mistake, although it was neglible and I knew I wasn't getting lynched this game. I also made the mistake of voting Xiivi, that was a big misplay on my part. Sorry about that one. Probably some other things too, but that's what I remember I should improve on.

Raxxel - I enjoyed your style, your style is actually similar or actually just like mine. I just think you weren't proactive enough, and I'm sure you would be if you were town. Your analysis looked good though. Just need to have your actions and behavior line up with a town mindset as well. I am sure you will learn from this and grow, and I look forward to that growth. Stick around! You are a good player.

Osie - My strongest town read, sorry I scum read you at the end. I do think it felt like a backstab when you openly gave support to UP's case. I'm glad that we worked together though, overall. It helped us find mafia because wagons really do force people to choose. It caused UP to die, and it gave Rax the impulse to vote Pythag when he shouldn't have when he could have been voting Z. Also, to this day that video I linked has not been shown to scum yet, dang it. I enjoyed your play, and you played well. I think you played much better than me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom