• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
we... just.... talked.... about.....

I give up
Sorry, my phone is on half autocorrect half not where it randomly changes things. I kept trying too type long before and it became Lobed for no real reason

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Overall I think both alignments played equally. We all didn't play that great, but we learned from it and can do better in future mafia games. If anything, voting actively is important, and being proactive.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Scum being proactive is important since they have to act the part. It's just chores to them instead of actual lust for death of scum.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
GG all! I kinda knew once people picked up on my reluctance to vote Z on day 1 I was boned, there really isn't much I could say that would make that decision seem town-aligned.

I am happy with how I played, I'm even happier that I can see where I stumbled though. I think I'm picking up on the questioning process a bit better as well as how I should be managing my vote. Also, in terms of scum play, I have to kick my reluctance to bus my teammate to the curb if I can't rationalize a town read on them. I think voting for Z day 1 would have made a bit of a difference, though as Ran mentioned lack of being proactive definitely gave signs away as well.

It's funny, most of the notes were in fact very genuine. It's much easier to do than it may seem, as they are ultimately observations, it's just that it can also be very tedious to do at times, especially without access to a computer at hand.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Exactly, I think it takes some experience to be able to do that though. I think you'll do great. For me, when I'm mafia, doing cases and ISO's is just chores and I hate town for making me do it to seem town.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
GG all! I kinda knew once people picked up on my reluctance to vote Z on day 1 I was boned, there really isn't much I could say that would make that decision seem town-aligned.

I am happy with how I played, I'm even happier that I can see where I stumbled though. I think I'm picking up on the questioning process a bit better as well as how I should be managing my vote. Also, in terms of scum play, I have to kick my reluctance to bus my teammate to the curb if I can't rationalize a town read on them. I think voting for Z day 1 would have made a bit of a difference, though as Ran mentioned lack of being proactive definitely gave signs away as well.

It's funny, most of the notes were in fact very genuine. It's much easier to do than it may seem, as they are ultimately observations, it's just that it can also be very tedious to do at times, especially without access to a computer at hand.
You played well and it was funny being scumates. Even if we didn’t win, there’s a lot we can learn from it. Looking forward to seeing you in more games

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh also LMAO about the soul leaving my body thing with Z's outing. I actually was slightly relieved believe or not. I thought Xivii would hit me with the check, they expressed paranoia with me D1 and I thought for sure they would want to solve my slot first.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Actually/also, your premium, are you able to invite people to scum chat?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You played well and it was funny being scumates. Even if we didn’t win, there’s a lot we can learn from it. Looking forward to seeing you in more games
Dude, I had a ball playing with you. You came up with some damn fun ideas.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Z25 - Missing the red font, ngl. Well played. It sucks to have the seer card pulled on you, tbh I don't know what I would've done in that situation, but you handled it as best you could. My favorite thing was actually after you were outted, the messages you would post kept cracking me up. Thanks for playing.

UP - man, tough break. Mafia three times in a row. You were playing your heart out, I hope it wasn't too discouraging to get wagoned like that. I already told you that I didn't catch your sorc stuff, that was Ex, so, at the very least I didn't p[ick on that. Would've been a totally different game if you didn't die D1.

Rax - well thought out in everything you did. Aside from the lack of activity in the end, I was still eyeing Kary and Wiisp hard. Ultimately I agreed with Wiisp "If the game doesn't end then I have no idea what's going on."

Xivii - Terrifying. Playing 4D mafia over here. One day I'll actually be deserving of that N1 check, but I hope you'll be scum with me, and not against me. Also, I apologize for thinking you were Xiivi for more than half the game.

Osie - Came in like an absolute power player. You, Ex and funnier were newcomers, yet totally showed how you were thinking about the game. I liked the haikus.

Ran - Now that I have a feel for your meta, I think I'll never not town read you again. I seriously love playing with you, and your posts like "Don't worry Zen, I'm gonna solve this game", and calling out "Miss Osie" had me absolutely dying. I had a ball, even when you were about to wagon me.

Funnier - The only person who truly got my meta. While it was annoying to try to figure out if there was scum going on between you and Ex, your interactions were amusing. Both fo you really know how to play the game. Glad you were here.

Exlight - Almost identical to Funnier (in my shoutout) but I'm even more impressed that you're doing this in your second language. I speak another language and couldn't even imagine trying to work out a logic puzzle and reading people over the internet in it. Also, the meme chart was great.

Wiisp - Good stuff man, you were super clear all the time with what you were thinking. I was scared you were super secret mafia, even now.

Cary - Talks the least, says the most.

Thanks for hosting doop!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Shoutouts with Justice League picks.

Osie (Wonder Woman) - I don't know how you found us, but I'm glad you did. You're super fun to play with and I enjoyed the haikus. I'd be curious to see your scum play. I feel like you're the type of person who can hold Town in the palm of their hands. Thank you for getting a replacement and thank you for making this game happen!

Ran (Superman) - Nice catch with UP and solid D2/D3 play. I was really proud seeing you reason your way through D3. Can you PLEASE make a deal to just reserve judgment on me throughout D1 from now on? This pattern of me just tryna chill and you scumreading me for it, we just keep repeating history!

Pythag (Green Arrow) - Super solid play. Your early UP read was spot on as well as your Raxxel read D2/D3. Your biggest hindrance was your lack of confidence. I hope this game has rekindled some trust in yourself. Also, man, the Loki meme seriously made my day (week/month/life). I was sitting in class when I read it and I could not stop laughing.

Kary (Batman) - My personal MVP pick. Your play is seriously some of the best I've ever seen.

Xivii (Green Lantern) - Not Xiivi.

Ex (Supergirl) - It was wonderful playing with you -- you brought a lot of heart and joy into the game. I really dug the alignment charts (though I still think I'm neutral good!), and I appreciate the maths that I'm not even going to pretend to have been able to follow! So fun to play with.

Funnier (The Flash) - Your posts were great. I dug hearing about your mafia philosophies. You made a lot of good points and you were honestly pretty townie early on. I think the pace of the game caught you by surprise and you weren't able to fully adjust? Sorry for lynching you hehe. I hope to play with both you and Ex again.

Wisp (Hawkgirl) - Crazy intelligent. I think you were the only one to have read me correctly before claim and you had Rax pinned D2. I can't recall off the top of my head, but there was a bunch of other stuff that you said that made me think "man this guy's smart."

UP (Shazam!) - Man you and Rax had me pocketed for the longest. There were some discrepancies that made me think you could be scum with Z or Rax (your early questioning of them both was reminiscent of your questioning of Rax in Videogames, and there was a point where you were mulling over switching off of Z which made my eyes narrow). Ultimately though the complete difference in tone between this game and Videogames had me blinded. Did you consider counter claiming Seer?

Z (Cyborg) - For this being your first scum game outside of hydra, you did incredibly well. Your posts came off as level-headed with a lot of thought put into them. Your only slip up was forgetting about your Rax read! Both you and pythag had many posts that made me lol the past two phases. That fake Ex chat, in particular, was freaking hilarious.

Rax (Martian Manhunter) - I'm amazed by how much your scum play improved within just one game. Those read lists were incredible! Your voting pattern really is what gave you away. I think UP was going to be lynched regardless D1, so you definitely could have switched to Z to maintain consistency! You mentioned that reluctance to vote your partner was an issue; an alternative would be to town read him. It's consistency that matters, and since not everyone was scum reading Z D1, you could have gotten by with null to town reading him.

Doop (Lex Luthor) - Thanks for bringing some life to the forum and the thorough modding. The voting histories were a nice touch!

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag Is this the third game you've been a confirmed town at end game in recent times or second? I don't evny you when you're in that position.
I clearly stated my meta was :

"Too scum read to be town, but too useful to be night killed"
They usually want to take me to the end so that I can lose the game in LyLo.

It is stressful, but not stressful enough for me to get THAT much better at the game.
This one was weird because there were so many new players instead of the usual suspects

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This was my favorite Pythag post of the game, I laughed so hard at this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran - Now that I have a feel for your meta, I think I'll never not town read you again. I seriously love playing with you, and your posts like "Don't worry Zen, I'm gonna solve this game", and calling out "Miss Osie" had me absolutely dying. I had a ball, even when you were about to wagon me.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I have a blast playing with you too. I have to find a way to read you better!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran (Superman) - Nice catch with UP and solid D2/D3 play. I was really proud seeing you reason your way through D3. Can you PLEASE make a deal to just reserve judgment on me throughout D1 from now on? This pattern of me just tryna chill and you scumreading me for it, we just keep repeating history!
I'm sorry! Osie influenced me! I was trying really hard to stick to my guns and wait. But Osie wanted it! I was trying to give you a day. That was my misplay.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, I think it forces us to attach things now. Also it was just a funny picture to use in reaction. I laughed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ExLight ExLight I expect a final alignment chart. Also my first reaction to you putting me at the bottom without a reason was 'wow really you gonna do me like that huh, I get no reasoning at all'

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 - Missing the red font, ngl. Well played. It sucks to have the seer card pulled on you, tbh I don't know what I would've done in that situation, but you handled it as best you could. My favorite thing was actually after you were outted, the messages you would post kept cracking me up. Thanks for playing.

UP - man, tough break. Mafia three times in a row. You were playing your heart out, I hope it wasn't too discouraging to get wagoned like that. I already told you that I didn't catch your sorc stuff, that was Ex, so, at the very least I didn't p[ick on that. Would've been a totally different game if you didn't die D1.

Rax - well thought out in everything you did. Aside from the lack of activity in the end, I was still eyeing Kary and Wiisp hard. Ultimately I agreed with Wiisp "If the game doesn't end then I have no idea what's going on."

Xivii - Terrifying. Playing 4D mafia over here. One day I'll actually be deserving of that N1 check, but I hope you'll be scum with me, and not against me. Also, I apologize for thinking you were Xiivi for more than half the game.

Osie - Came in like an absolute power player. You, Ex and funnier were newcomers, yet totally showed how you were thinking about the game. I liked the haikus.

Funnier - The only person who truly got my meta. While it was annoying to try to figure out if there was scum going on between you and Ex, your interactions were amusing. Both fo you really know how to play the game. Glad you were here.

Exlight - Almost identical to Funnier (in my shoutout) but I'm even more impressed that you're doing this in your second language. I speak another language and couldn't even imagine trying to work out a logic puzzle and reading people over the internet in it. Also, the meme chart was great.

Wiisp - Good stuff man, you were super clear all the time with what you were thinking. I was scared you were super secret mafia, even now.

Cary - Talks the least, says the most.

Thanks for hosting doop!
Shoutouts with Justice League picks.

Osie (Wonder Woman) - I don't know how you found us, but I'm glad you did. You're super fun to play with and I enjoyed the haikus. I'd be curious to see your scum play. I feel like you're the type of person who can hold Town in the palm of their hands. Thank you for getting a replacement and thank you for making this game happen!

Pythag (Green Arrow) - Super solid play. Your early UP read was spot on as well as your Raxxel read D2/D3. Your biggest hindrance was your lack of confidence. I hope this game has rekindled some trust in yourself. Also, man, the Loki meme seriously made my day (week/month/life). I was sitting in class when I read it and I could not stop laughing.

Kary (Batman) - My personal MVP pick. Your play is seriously some of the best I've ever seen.

Xivii (Green Lantern) - Not Xiivi.

Ex (Supergirl) - It was wonderful playing with you -- you brought a lot of heart and joy into the game. I really dug the alignment charts (though I still think I'm neutral good!), and I appreciate the maths that I'm not even going to pretend to have been able to follow! So fun to play with.

Funnier (The Flash) - Your posts were great. I dug hearing about your mafia philosophies. You made a lot of good points and you were honestly pretty townie early on. I think the pace of the game caught you by surprise and you weren't able to fully adjust? Sorry for lynching you hehe. I hope to play with both you and Ex again.

Wisp (Hawkgirl) - Crazy intelligent. I think you were the only one to have read me correctly before claim and you had Rax pinned D2. I can't recall off the top of my head, but there was a bunch of other stuff that you said that made me think "man this guy's smart."

UP (Shazam!) - Man you and Rax had me pocketed for the longest. There were some discrepancies that made me think you could be scum with Z or Rax (your early questioning of them both was reminiscent of your questioning of Rax in Videogames, and there was a point where you were mulling over switching off of Z which made my eyes narrow). Ultimately though the complete difference in tone between this game and Videogames had me blinded. Did you consider counter claiming Seer?

Z (Cyborg) - For this being your first scum game outside of hydra, you did incredibly well. Your posts came off as level-headed with a lot of thought put into them. Your only slip up was forgetting about your Rax read! Both you and pythag had many posts that made me lol the past two phases. That fake Ex chat, in particular, was freaking hilarious.

Rax (Martian Manhunter) - I'm amazed by how much your scum play improved within just one game. Those read lists were incredible! Your voting pattern really is what gave you away. I think UP was going to be lynched regardless D1, so you definitely could have switched to Z to maintain consistency! You mentioned that reluctance to vote your partner was an issue; an alternative would be to town read him. It's consistency that matters, and since not everyone was scum reading Z D1, you could have gotten by with null to town reading him.

Doop (Lex Luthor) - Thanks for bringing some life to the forum and the thorough modding. The voting histories were a nice touch!
If I was outed I was going to at least have fun because I could post whatever at that lol. Which was at least fun.

I’ll have to compile shout outs tomorrow. It’s getting late here and I’ve been trying to get to sleep earlier. Again, ggs though, fun game

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You were basically a tree stump, I am glad that you were having fun with it. I didn't interact with you because I don't want my interactions to be muddled.

Your fake convo with Ex was funny and I have done that in Skype mafia before as scum hahaha

I think this is the first case of town letting a scum live another day literally

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok but can we see your break down on why I am really curious cmonnn

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sounds good I am really interested don't let me down have a good night

Top Bottom