• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote Count
ExLight - 2 - Xivii, funnier6
osieorb18 - 1 - UtopianPoyzin
Z25 - 1 - Mamboo07
funnier6 - 1 - Ranmaru
Xivii - 1 - osieorb18
Lore - 1 - Raxxel

Vote History
UtopianPoyzin: osieorb18(4)
Mamboo07: Z25(3)
Xivii: ExLight(1)
Z25:
Pythag:
Lore:
ExLight:
funnier6: ExLight(7)
Ranmaru: funnier6(6)
RaxxeL: Lore(5)
osieorb18: Ranmaru(2) -> Xivii(8)
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is at 5:00 PM PST on Feb 6th.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I don't get it.
There is such things as RVS votes feeling forced. I just thought yours was, and figured I’d point it out. I currently null read you, as your random vote doesn’t mean anything about your alignment. It’s just the way the “are you the sorcerer themselves or a beast of their making” struck me weirdly.

Vote Count
ExLight - 2 - Xivii, funnier6
osieorb18 - 1 - UtopianPoyzin
Z25 - 1 - Mamboo07
funnier6 - 1 - Ranmaru
Ranmaru - 1 - osieorb18
Lore - 1 - Raxxel

Vote History
UtopianPoyzin: osieorb18(4)
Mamboo07: Z25(3)
Xivii: ExLight(1)
Z25:
Pythag:
Lore:
ExLight:
funnier6: ExLight(7)
Ranmaru: funnier6(6)
RaxxeL: Lore(5)
osieorb18: Ranmaru(2)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is at 5:00 PM PST on Feb 6th.
In the future could you spoiler the voting history?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well it was between that and "how does it feel to be scum with your friend and kidnapper?" I chose the theme instead

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Osie's #127 comes across as posting to put attention to my slot without there being a need to. There is no town motivation for supporting a premise she finds null. Her #145 is faulty. Her points don't seem to actually describe Xiivi's play, and he hasn't been overly helpful, nor dismissive. His post was reasonable and the first good post of the game.

Vote: OsieOrb18

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think #127 is just because Osie likes short day phases (this is based on who I think she is, in which case I've seen her discuss it before. But take it with a grain of salt since I'm apparently wrong.) #145 make sense to me because she doesn't know my (1 game) history with UP and my motivation behind questioning him. She took my call out of his aggression as me trying to cblock his scumhunting, but my true motivation was attempting to determine why his tone was different than the game I previously played with him (he was scum and also more jovial). His tone here comes off to me as non-submissive and actively scumhunting. Not knowing my motivation, Osie's points come off to me as coming from a town perspective.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You are describing #128, not #127. Read that again and get back to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok. I actually thought that she was agreeing with UP, while finding my action null. That was my biggest concern, which actually was a misunderstanding from me.

Unvote: OsieOrb That was my only lead.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright, I'm out for the night. Scrims, and practice tomorrow. I should be able to post in the evening since I'll be done with that and eating.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
What's your thoughts on the game so far?
I don’t think there’s enough to go off of as of now, because I’m getting a null read on you, Xivii, and Osie. Nothing particularly townie or scummy from your slots as of now, but we have plenty of time to change that.

As for any reads I have, nothing particularly meaningful at this moment. I had a slight town lean on Mamboo pre-#181, but I’m not so sure after dodging Ranmaru’s question.

#145 make sense to me because she doesn't know my (1 game) history with UP and my motivation behind questioning him
I was convinced you would be the Sorcerer when Raxxel and I rolled WW for the first roll of Sorcerer’s 11 >:)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Pythag Pythag Lore Lore

Thoughts? I’m not scumreading anybody so maybe one of you can change that.
I don’t have any strong scum reads right now.

I’ll say one thing though. I have never played with Osie so I don’t know if they do this often, but the haiku format is a bit annoying.

It feels like a way to post something but force yourself to post as little as possible. Mafia requires more then just a few words to describe and discuss a game going on.

So their way of talking feels like a cop out that should be worth considering. Other then that, no one has had any behavior stick out to me as possible scum.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Expand on this, at least one of these people haven't even posted yet. Why do you suspect Lore in particular?
Z25 also hadn't posted before your post, in addition to Lore.

Yes Sherlock
Epic.

It feels like a way to post something but force yourself to post as little as possible. Mafia requires more then just a few words to describe and discuss a game going on.
I vaguely see what you mean, but Osie was also the first person to vote for somebody using actual game evidence, so I don't think this a good argument.

So their way of talking feels like a cop out that should be worth considering.
Hahaha no. "Weird way of talking" is far too little of an argument to base a copcheck on. Don't go influencing seer because of something you don't like.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 also hadn't posted before your post, in addition to Lore.

Epic.

I vaguely see what you mean, but Osie was also the first person to vote for somebody using actual game evidence, so I don't think this a good argument.

Hahaha no. "Weird way of talking" is far too little of an argument to base a copcheck on. Don't go influencing seer because of something you don't like.
Except I literally wasn’t using either of those points to get a cop check on them. I said I had no scum reads, I just didn’t like the play style they were going. Like you said they offered up good point to earlier. As I said I just prefer that they post more of that then just haikus

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Except I literally wasn’t using either of those points to get a cop check on them. I said I had no scum reads, I just didn’t like the play style they were going. Like you said they offered up good point to earlier. As I said I just prefer that they post more of that then just haikus
OOOHHH, oh. My bad. Your wording could have been a bit better there:

So their way of talking feels like a cop out that should be worth considering.
I thought you wanted the Seer to consider copchecking Osie because of their way of talking.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Like you said they offered up good point to earlier. As I said I just prefer that they post more of that then just haikus
Why are you focusing more on the arrangement of the posts rather than the actual content within them? Post more of what? They haven't posted anything besides haikus, so there isn't a "that" to post more of.

Do you agree with their point on Xivii?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Mamboo07 Mamboo07 , I've decided to ask you something different instead. Consider this a random question phase.

With the your knowledge thus far:

1) What aspect of mafia do you consider to be your strongest?
2) What aspect do you believe you can improve the most with?
3) If you could learn the alignment of one player, who would it be and why?

Top Bottom